Warhammer 40k General

Fail of Cadia edition

>Freshest Rules in Epub (Use Readium for PC or Kobo on Android)
mega.nz/#F!Wl5DAbCb!TYxZG4CgX_x-NJu7JBwbZQ!2tgBUTYI

>Older stuff in PDFs:
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>As current as the FAQs get
games-workshop.com/en-GB/Rules-Errata

>40K 7th Edition Quick Reference Sheets:
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef.pdf

>Forge World Book Index:
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

>The Black Library (Eldar poetry is shit):
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q!c4pGAJDb

>List Builder if BS doesn't add enough bloat for you
webapplications-webroster.rhcloud.com/rc/web/#/rosterCreator

>Fall of Cadia
Demon Primarch Curze rules when?

wry

>Fall of Cadia
>Prophet's return
Demon Primarch Curze rules when?

What book excerpt is that from?

So, we have Archmagos Bitzbox McHuge coming up, and unless he costs like a Knight I'm buying him.

Any speculation on what his special rules might be? My bet is on a special Canticle and maybe an Orbital Strike.

This thread smells... a certain persony....

Looks like 450. Or maybe 295.

Cite sources or your posting literally nothing

idk, but a shot of Starkiller base could move the plot of 40K pretty significantly and wiping the solar system

>mfw Daemon Prince senpai

Kek apexes

I already asked, nobody replied. So I guess it's out of context bullshit. Like a certain person does.

>Prophet's return
Anons, it's Lorgar, Prophet of Chaos Undivided.

Why when Abaddon has a ship that blows up stars and doing the same thing?

Void Stalker, third book in Soul Hunter trilogy by ADB

Double digit range, S 10 (or X, doesn't look like D), AP 1 or 2.

Doesn't look like One Use Only.

Meh

It's talking about the Night Lords prophet you silly boy. Talos could see the future, he was called the prophet, he shared his father's gift...

What's the best way to add in Cult Mechanicus to Guard? I wanted 1-2 units of Breachers/Destroyers. Would Allied Detachment be good? Or is there a way around taking a Dominus?

>ADB

Okay, can safely discard it. Thanks anyway bro.

...I-I can dream senpai is still alive, okay?!?

Good stuff. You're a good one.

We already have blackstone fortresses.

What are some fun CSM lists that aren't WAAC but also not going to lose every game?
Same question for Sisters I guess.

I've asked before, but does anybody have a full picture of this? Or know where it's from? Looks like Siege of Terra?

Only way to avoid taking Dominus is Elimination Maniple so you might as well take him.

Go jack off elsewhere

Want to play fluffy Red Corsairs but using a legion rules/detachment from Traitor Legions, which one's rules would be best?

I'll just take a second detachment for Huron.

What's a fun way to roll with chaos? I'm thinking about using a bunch of terminators because they're cool

Probably Black Legion

Though if you'd rather plow the dominus' points into the robots, elimination maniple is okay. Both the dominus and the robros are thoroughly okay.

Is that Dies Irae?
It says the books cover art is by Neil Roberts, so just look up his work.

Rip. Might as well just do an allied detachment. I guess I can run the Dominus with something like Pask.

I accept your apology in advance, for when the 8th rise as a legion again!

Cultist, hellbrutes and maulerfiends is what I will run for shits'n'giggles

1850 MSU Death Guard

Would this list be fun?

+ Vectorium +

+ Chaos Warband +

Lord
> Bike, Blight nades, Sigil, Pandemic Staff

Sorc
> ML 3, Blight nades

3x Termis
> 3x Combi-Melta

2x 5 man CSM
> Combi-Melta, Melta Gun

4x 5 man CSM
> Combi-Plasma, Plasma Gun

3x 3 man Bike squad
> 2x Melta Guns

3x 5 man Havocs
> 4x Autocannons

+ Aus +

1x Spawn

Genestealers should be battle brothers with nids, come the apocalypse with necrons and daemons, and allies of convenience with everyone else.

Nids should either be immune to challenges, or automatically pass look out sir while in synapse. Lictors should be able to assault t1 after infiltrating.

Did Red Corsairs used to have unique special rules just like the legions originally did in the older CSM codex?

>Genestealers should be battle brothers with nids
Negative.
>,come the apocalypse with necrons and daemons, and allies of convenience with everyone else.
Absolutely.
>Nids should either be immune to challenges, or automatically pass look out sir while in synapse. Lictors should be able to assault t1 after infiltrating.
Also absolutely.

Have any of you guys ever experimented with making your own molds and casting with small amounts of resin? A friend of mine recently got a kit and turned his 2 spawn into 6, and they're honestly really nice quality. I'm probably going to be doing the same with some crisis suit sprues after the holidays. I am really, really poor . Does anybody here have any pictures of models they've cast themselves? Also, on an unrelated note, why the fuck is nobody linking the previous threads today

FOUND THE FUCKER! It's Siege of Terra, yes.

Cadia doesn't fall.

Thanks guys.

I know this is an odd and possibly not answerable question, but here goes.
What kind of markings or symbolism would be common on Gue'vesa soldiers? Is there anything the Guard would have painted on shoulderpads, even after conversion? Or any symbols the Tau mark them with, regimental numbers, etc? Its hard to find this type of thing online.

>inb4 chaos star, i know im a heretic

No bother.

I literally can't find any mention of Imperator Titans for Loyalists on Siege of Terra. The odd thing is, I don't know why they guard the Throne Room with just Warlords. Why not two Imperators or the other Emperor class?

Maybe a Sept marking? Wouldn't know.

If anything I'd kinda think they'd give them at least some Fire Warrior armor.

They are too big silly

That's a lot of MSU with no Rhinos. Take one or two big blobs, but make sure you either a) get transports or b) bring more bikers/fast stuff.

Nope

Can't Trazyn boop suns out of existence?

We dont need fucking emos that just mopped around all day because they were given a gift they couldn't handle

Yes, but he never does because it is a plot powered device.

What's the most satisfying game you've ever played Veeky Forums?
Pic related has to be one of my favorites. Was playing 2000pts with a GK bro. Completely stomped on him with my Guard by turn three had killed his Rhinos,his Land Raider and my Executioner was causing an absurd amount of damage to his infantry wiping them out single handed. He used one of his Dreadknights to flank around an kill my warlord Vanquisher and wipe my Chimeras out. Then charged that Dreadknight with veterans and killed it in melee and on the other side of the battlefield my Guardsmen with the help of the misfortune psychic power killed the other. He conceded that turn.

moped* fuck my sleep addled mind

They've got the basics a Gue'vesa regiment would be issued in times of war, just cant find any symbolism, even though i know ive seen something before. Kinda like how they differentiate the Gue'la from Gue'vesa'la and Gue'vesa'ui. Im also completely unfamiliar with IG norms and imagery

I'm honestly most interested in what his Warlord trait will be. Hopefully something unique and fluffy.

And unique Canticle is all but confirmed. Why else would he have 2 separate Canticle blocks.

Hey fellas, I'm preparing for a 3 way apocalypse match, and I'm gonna be super shitty, vindictive, and cheesy with my Thousand Sons list and am looking for suggestions and input:
War Cabal
-Daemon Prince
-Exalted Sorcerer
-Rubric Marines (5 man squad)
-Scarab Termies (5 man squad)

Rehati War Sect
-Magnus
-x9 Exalted Sorcerer

Ahriman's Exiles
-Ahriman
-x9 Exalted Sorcerers

War Coven
-x10 Exalted Sorcerers

With everyone upgraded to their maximum psyker mastery levels and no other upgrades, wargear, chaos boons, etc of any kind, that comes out to just under 7,000 points. We're playing 8,000 so I need help filling out the rest of those points.

Gonna be doing a whole lot of daemon summoning. I've got many squads of Horrors, Flamers, and Screamers with a few Lords of Change and some Heralds of Tzeentch standing by as well. By my calculations, that's 99 warp charge points with 29 shots from that Silver Tower spell the Exalted Sorcerers get.

>unpainted Wraithknight
He had it coming for him.

Acting like Veeky Forums actually plays games

>too big

Sorry, I don't understand those two words put next to each other.

t. Imperium

You killed a Dreadknight in melee, as guard? What in the world. How.

Well, you will significantly extend the length of the game via psyker-ing things. So that's pretty assholeish by itself!

It's not hard. I know my Dreadknights get nervous and roll 1's all over the place when shot at by lasguns or when someone affixes bayonets.

>99 warpcharges

One for each hour the game will last thanks to you, how poetic.

Obviously they affixed bayonets

Still need to stat up the Inquisitor and add transports but how's this looking for a 500pt list?

Warband #1 166pts

3 Crusaders 45pts

2 Death Cult Assassins 30pts

1 Priest with Eviscerator 55pts

2 Acolytes with Flamers and Carapace armor 36pts

Warband #2 81pts

5 Acolytes with Carapace and Boltguns 45pts

2 Acolytes with Carapace and Plasmagun 36pts

Warband #2 81pts

5 Acolytes with Carapace and Boltguns 45pts

2 Acolytes with Carapace and Meltagun 36pts

Tzaangor warherd, just 1000 points of nothing but tzaangors

Sometimes I have to forget that under all the grimdark, 40k is still as bullshit High Fantasy as WHFB was. High Science Fantasy? Hm

I've seen conscribts buffed with that power that gives rending from divination tear down a Wraithknight in close combat.

There is very little that can't be solved by fixing bayonets

The Binary Succession. HH audiodrama.
No Siege, just loyalist Mechanicum feels bad about how they are treated and decide to do something about it.
For fuck sake can you just check something instead of guessing?

I can't decide between GSC or CSM for my first army.

GSC is probably better, and more fun to play from what I've read, but fluff wise I like CSM a tad better.

What attracts me to both of the faith they both have in their fluff. I like the idea of an army of religious zealots.

The only imperial army that speaks to me are SoB. But they look completely unfun to play, and their future support is unknown.

CSM are definitely cheaper if that is a relevant consideration. The new Legion rules are really neat. I'd go with them, even though I adore GSC and play them myself.

Used the Misfortune power which made all attacks against it Rending.
Feels good user.

I can't remember my most satisfying game, but I finished my first HoR campaign tonight.
Marines vs Chaos Marines. In the end, it came down to a Sternguard and 2 Assault Troopers vs 10 cultists who has survived until the end by hiding in a crater before moving into a shelled out building. I asked my opponent afterwards why he went for the building and he was hoping the confined space would give his melee guys an advantage.

My Sternguard had Firing Charge, Furious Charge and Hammer of Wrath.

My Assault Troopers had Furious Charge, Combat Finesse and Lightning Assault.

I won the game by having my Sternguard jump through the hole in the ceiling from an adjacent building, he came in feet first, snapped off two shots killing two cultists by the door (not pictured) and redirected his charge into two other cultists. He was hit by one snapshot but his armour caught it.

The Assault Troopers came in through the two right hand windows (not pictured), scoring two more kills with bolt pistols before charging into two cultists each. Hammer of Wrath took out one and conventional melee did the rest with one kill going toward Combat Finesse.

10 Khorne Cultists taken out with 3 men. Feels good.

Can't wait to start a new campaign.

Night Lords can
Curze is getting rules and a model soon
>Fall of Cadia

what's the best way to outfit and use a hellrain brigade?

>Curze is getting rules and a model soon
[citation needed]

>future support is unknown
They're literally getting the first update they've ever had in decades. That's as far from Unknown as it gets.

>religious zealots
So basically all of the Imperium, as well. It depends on how you play them.

F O R G E

T H A T

N A R R A T I V E

I know there are mentions of Imperators fighting loyalists. But they usually die stupidly (Word Bearers can't hurt it, but somehow breach the titan itself and attack it's insides, killing it. Another one gets killed by the old Slaanesh HellKnights. Remember them? Like 100 of them. Another one got wrecked by like 100 Bio Titans, explosion raped everything in a 1k radius.

CCS with Plasma or Meltas
5man Scion Squad with Meltas
Taurox with Autocannon and Missile launcher
Naked Commissar to attach to a backfield unit to protect him.

Look. Nobody is getting a model soon. Even the rumours of Abaddon and Luther getting a model are bullshit until we see them.

The rumour mill states first 6 months have a loyalist Primarch return, assumed to be The Lion. No mention of another Primarch. Though Daemon Primachs are probably coming.

definitely bring in the horrors. i'd say throw in some tzangors if you have any. upgrade your marines a bit assuming you have the resources available to model them.

>giving BS 3 acolytes anything special

Are you taking this with Imperial Agents or Inquisition?

In either case, I'd probably recommend an allied detachment of Scions as your Stormtroopers. They're really good at hogging special weapons around.

Acolytes are good at being 5 point bolter hogs, but not much else. Armor isn't worth it, even at the lower cost in C:IA (lol, new Inquisition book is CIA). They should be sitting in 4+ cover at all times anyways.

If you're taking a Priest, you also might as well take an Ecclesiarchy Battle Congregation. Don't give him an Eviscerator, it'll be wasted on the units that the Death Cult can kill. Power Sword at most (he can Smash if you really need to).

At 500 points it shouldn't be TOO hard to get into combat. A Rhino wouldn't be a bad option just to close some distance and disembark in ruins.

>Sternguard jump through the hole in the ceiling from an adjacent building, he came in feet first, snapped off two shots killing two cultists by the door
>Assault Troopers came in through the two right hand windows, scoring two more kills with bolt pistols before charging into two cultists each
This is why I pretty much exclusively play HoR Kill Team now. Nice job user.

CSM is the safest bet as they are one of the major factions. However they have a lackluster track history in terms of rules, but at least you know you will get updates and models.

SoB are getting an update but it may end up like DE where they had one glorious plastic update then just sort of die off.

GSC may not get support any time soon and stay the way they are forever, just like MT and Harlequins. They are not a safe bet and should only be played by people who have a primary dedication to Genestealers.

Its coming in February

>I like religious zealots
>I like CSM

JOIN US BROTHER

Nah first loyalist primach coming is obvious Sanguinius ;_; GW pls.

Is the sisters update confirmed? All I've seen is a Celestine model.

Updating sisters after just printing their old codex would be strange.

So what can I add to this that's fluffy, Veeky Forums? Don't care about good/bad.

This is loyalist titan from Legio Ignatum. So no siege.

How do you play them? Summoning?

Word Bearers!

Planning on running guard next. Might try to homebrew the Tanith 1st. Glad you liked my victory move.

>plasma
>on blob squads

forwhatpurpose.jpg

That's not a citation