Anyone unfortunate enough to buy this...

Anyone unfortunate enough to buy this? Honestly was so disappointed in yet another 40k game failure that I'm basically giving up on there ever being a game as close to representing 40k as Space Marine did.

It wasn't perfect, but at least when the Orks rushed yout head on you knew they were supposed to because they're Orks. When Genestealers continue to haul ass down a choked corridor despite the first dozen dying to an assault cannon, you wonder where the master tacticians and stealth went from the lore.

Sounds like you bought a shooter while hoping for a strategy game.

XCOM is that way.

don't see what's wrong with it. Looked like a pretty good game with lots of Easter eggs from the lore.

Also Genestealer rushing down corridors is basically all they did in the board game. The point is that others would show up behind you or seperate you from the group, which happens in the game as well.

you were probably overhyping yourself

>don't see what's wrong with it.
Then you clearly haven't played it.

>yet another 40k game failure
Except this game's sweet.

it's vengeance of the blood angels but not made in '95
it's space hulk but not on the amiga

They advertised space hulk, and they delivered space hulk. And that's all it needed to be.

My only problem with this game is a few things with sound design and how it runs on my rig (not great)

Other than that I really enjoyed it. Which is more than could be said for Eternal Crusade.

GW did a thing. You're now obligated to dislike the thing and complain about it. Get with the fucking program, user.
Also this

>Genestealers
>master tacticians
???

>SK SK SKRR SKREEE!
>SKEE RRRSKSK REE?
>SKREEEEEEEEE!!!
>*runs down narrow hallway towards an assault cannon to inevitably be turned to meat chunks*

Master tacticians one and all

chunks? You're applying a heretical lack of firepower to your xenos purging user, if you don't reduce them to the consistency of paint you're failing the Emperor.

>IN THE EMPEROR'S NAME, I WILL FRESHEN UP THIS HALLWAY!

Dark Angels are homos. That's the dark secret they are hiding.

Genestealers ascribe to the zapp brannigan school of war.

Those guns are going to jam eventually.

>Wasting Emperor's holy munitions

Powerfists don't jam however.

Handyman Marines? They're the guys who actually get the odd jobs around the imperium done. They're among the few that actually use a chainsword to cut down a tree, and can then use that same sword to carve a comfortable chair out of the stump. They can unclog imperial toilets even after a minor nurglite invasion.

>another failure of a 40k game

I played battlefleet gothic for hours today.

Unfortunately they're rare these days. Most of the chapter was killed on what was supposed to be a routine plumbing of hive world Flatus IV. Halfway through their holy campaign a cultist group summoned a Great Unclean One. While the Marines prevailed with the help of the local Adeptus Janitorius, half the chapter got stuck in the hive's primary U-bend while fighting the daemon and were purged along with the heretics with an orbital Plumbing Snake strike.

And stealer vs term cqc ends poorly for the marine half of the time. Which is a major issue when faced with a tyranid conga line.

I love you.

>standard shooter with 40k lore
>failure

It's not great but it's ok