Alright, I hate being that 'that guy' because I'm sure this has been asked a hundred and a half times before me...

Alright, I hate being that 'that guy' because I'm sure this has been asked a hundred and a half times before me, but I haven't been here for almost two years so please put up with me:

Are there any systems with concepts similar or adaptable to Stands in JoJo's Bizarre Adventure?

I would like to run something anime as fuck in the unspecific future, but leaning more towards the fight/muscle/80s-type than the schoolgirl-type.

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/bQqAMV5k)
youtube.com/watch?v=2AuhA4ML73Q
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/12Sr-zwkAho-hJcp4oiy-OAJwqW3Qi7F2fCSGjekEXQs/edit#gid=1373747549
youtu.be/ln-Jq6X6p-g
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1QXskhv2r-i5ivgJC_kus3Fb3I_zo0L1YTg4D9lULnvs/edit#gid=2111816487
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>HOW DO I INTO JOJO Veeky Forums? (In no particular order)
>Mutants & Masterminds
>Marvel Heroic
>FATE (Next post has a hack)
>Savage Worlds
>Monsters and Other Childish Things
>Don't Rest Your Head
>Shadowrun (Adept or Mystic Adept with a Geas of POSING)
>Wild Talents (WIP houserules here: pastebin.com/bQqAMV5k)
>Monsters and other Childish Things

Plus the D6 and D10 jojo systems.

Why does he have such a shit hair-do?

I want to run a JoJo game in a high-school setting with ridiculous shit like gladiatorial fighting during P.E and an unhealthy amount of anime references, all tying in with the theme of growing up.

The main villain will be a school shooter type.
His Stand will be 「Pumped-up Kicks」, and distorts the senses of sight and sound around those affected to a quality roughly comparable to that of an old VHS tape.

Inspired by: youtube.com/watch?v=2AuhA4ML73Q

>gladiatorial fighting during P.E
Just do a boxing/wrestling unit.

I'd play in it, if only for a change of pace and the ability to just go full ridiculous.
Just based off of that, I'd play or suggest a delinquent whose Stand would be 「Let's Hear It (for the Boy)」, a Stand whose power is to augment the user's own abilities directly based on how many people are cheering for him or hoping for his success, and the intensity of their support. So he would join sports teams and keep a group of yes-men around him at all time to stay sharp.
It would probably take the form of a lucky token like a lucky glove or something, and his character development would be based around becoming stronger on his own.

What's your Discord?

Not on right now, but BurningFinger.

I need the four numbers at the end to add you, Senpai.

I don't remember. I'll send you the correct version later.

ok

hey guys, I was talking about making a stand archive a few weeks ago, here it is: docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/12Sr-zwkAho-hJcp4oiy-OAJwqW3Qi7F2fCSGjekEXQs/edit#gid=1373747549

Add this

So wait are you accepting players for this, I always wanted to play a JoJo campaign.

Aye, although I can't promise a date yet.

A few stand ideas for you good folk:
「Beastie Boys」
Takes the form of 3 near-identical spirits. Their strength is enough to kill people in 2 or 3 blows but only take effect if all of them hit at the exact same time.

「Cats in the Cradle」
Can alter people's idea of themselves. Make someone think their older to create a placebo effect where they don't fight at full capacity. Make someone think there's a bomb in their head to throw them into a panic. Make someone forget that the gun they had was loaded with blanks.

[Operation Ground N Pound]
Can weaponize objects it touches, depending on how complex the object is it may take some time to weaponize fully

Feel free to hit me up then when you're ready
Conflict1914#0314
In the meantime have this book cover that I found

Why does the rabbit look like he's getting the good head behind that table?

It's wonderland, so he probably is.

>「Beastie Boys」
This plays when it first appears and the main character has to dodge it.
youtu.be/ln-Jq6X6p-g
I imagine it being at a dark roller rink or some kind of rave. Maybe a bowling alley.

user, that's the shittiest stand power I've ever heard of. This guy's not only your BBEG, but also a fucking school shooter, and his stand power is just making your vision and hearing slightly distorted? You can do better.

Maybe his stand ability is just AU sex pistols except they all whisper to the user to kill those who wronged them

This, BBEG in JoJo always get super OP stands. Like, not the "strong if you're clever" type, the "HAHA NOW I CAN CONTROL TIME/RESET THE UNIVERSE/ALTERNATE DIMENSIONS/WHATEVER THE FUCK KING CRIMSON DOES!" type.

Maybe he's that kid that wears camouflage all the time and uses the power to aid in his cloaking so he can get in a sneak attack.

Fucked around with the stand generator and got "Black Hole Physiology" which I guess would work like a stronger Cream. Maybe that could work?

Personal contribution:
>「Friend of Mine」
Belonging to a diner owner, it's a Stand that produces good feelings in people who sit at the 'special table' in the back, which is gaudy and decorated, while retaining a worn and nostalgic appearance. The secret is that the table is the Stand, and the owner produces it because he wants to see people enjoy themselves at his diner (and get more money as people remember his diner fondly).

That's a pretty neat stand its always interesting seeing stands that aren't combat based

>「Violence of the Flame」
>The stand, while naturally powerful, gains the power of any Stand User within a short range and urges its user to kill those Stand Users and gain their power permanently.
How's that?

Really good. Would the stand be able to get multiple stand abilities?

Of course.
How else could it be DANGEROUS, MOST DANGEROUS?
Though it would be interesting if it had a hard limit the user didn't know about and they accidentally lost a power they needed to win after killing their fourth person or so.

Sounds like the Most Dangerous stand.

>Stand: 「Sgt. Pepper」

>Takes the form of a tank which can 'pour' itself through any obstacle.

>The tank's centered on the user, so it can get through any gap the user can. The user can push parts of it through smaller gaps- for example, it can extrude the cannon barrel through a tiny crack in a wall to 'see' inside and can fire as if the barrel were not squashed.

>It also lends traction to the user's movements and confers mass/inertia as through it were resting on whatever surface it's resting on whatever the relative direction of gravity - so he can use it to walk up the side of a building.

[P A P A R O A C H]

We Sylar now

that dude has some good trigger discipline.

What is Papa Roach's power?

You can kill someone in your close proximity, buy doing so leaves you exceedingly vulnerable to being killed yourself for the next 48 hours. BUT, he has an afterglow of immortity for the twelve hours after that (even against questions nuclear blast!)

You dirty fool, my stand Rasputin only activates upon death. Good luck Roach, you'll need it.

DRYH? Really? The weird Evil Hat game with the beads and shit?
Admittedly, I know nothing about Jojo, but from my limited understanding of stands and such, I did not expect this to be a valid option.

New voice in the crowd, here.

What if it rewound time several seconds, but the more he rewinds over a segment the more distorted it gets?

「S C A T M A N S W O R L D」

This stand allows its user to directly control someones speech and can make them say whatever the user wants. The affected wont know they are being controlled, and so will continue to speak as normal as if nothing is going on.

Dude. Duuude. I am going to be going through as many old /SSS/ threads as I can to find all my Stands, and you're going to get them. Every Stand I can find I'm going to try and archive, if I think it's any good. And I've probably written up 50 Stands.

This shit's gonna be wicked.

Hey! I'm taking this and adding it to the original idea, that okay?

I'm cool with that.

Replying to this- I was wrong: ShiningFinger#6360

Meant to reply to

>would like to run something anime as fuck in the unspecific future, but leaning more towards the fight/muscle/80s-type than the schoolgirl-type.
Half of Tarantion's movies work for that. The better half.

What's her stand's name and abilities?
Obviously, it can be worn like armor.

Her stands name is [Brinstar] , it physically manifests as an armor around her. It has no inherent powers of its own besides it increasing the strength, speed, and durability of the wearer, it it allows her to project her Hamon as a projectile. The stand is charged by moving.

「B R I N S T A R」

>not 「I R O N M A N」

>not 「I R O N M AI D E N」

If you're doing a Nintendo theme you need to go whole hog.

What kind of stand would Weird Al have?

Weird al's stand is 「 W I E R D A L」
It's a stand that can perfectly mimic any other stand

No no, Weird Al is the stand. When he tries to use his stand powers he manifests a regular person, who just screams the whole time.

But whose stand is Weird Al?

Top fucking kek.

an accordion

>Another Brick In The Wall
>Can create false memories which alter the victim's personality.

>One of several memory stands I've thought up - Another Brick In The Wall is particularly dangerous as it lets you create custom memories at will (whereas Metro Station at best lets the user 'guide' the victim by suggesting possible options for confabulation, and Royksopp requires you to permanently destroy the thing you want others to forget about. ABITW allows you to render your opponents helpless (by implanting traumatic memories) or turn them against their allies - although you can't delete memories, even the ones you've created before, and hence can't erase comradely moments, you can retroactively sour the relationship by implanting more recent off-key moments, or even make the victim's comrades look like the memory-altering bad guys by implanting memories of them abducting and brainwashing him with false memories!

Makes perfect sense.
>an animated accordion warforged uses his Weird Al stand to perfectly mimic any song
>the only downside(?) is that no matter what you do, it's fucking polka

In the interest of fairness, Al's dad was like the Michael Jackson of polka.

Well, in the interest of fairness too, his polka song versions are actually superior to a lot of songs he sings.

For example, he managed what I thought was impossible - he turned I Kissed A Girl into an enjoyable song.

>「E V E N F L O W」

>A stand with the power to read the mind of it's target, force thoughts into his/her head, or erase any current thoughts the target is thinking about. Cannot actually control the mind of the victim, merely just push in/erase away thoughts.

>Resembles a swarm of butterflies.

>his polka song versions are actually superior to a lot of songs he sings
Shit, that come out like a potato.
What I meant is, his polka versions are often better than the original versions of those songs.

If op is going with the school setting, that would seem like a stand that would fit some really shy and insecure character, that is obsessed about what others are thinking of her.

For whatever reason, this character came to mind.
I don't even remember much of the story outside of 'becoming ninja president and getting friends for once', but why do I remember the characters so well? I'm usually so shit with names.

>「R I S K O F R A I N」
>Whenever there is a possibility of something going wrong, no matter how miniscule, this Stand can force said possibility to manifest.
>Basically Murphy's Law on demand.

>「A L L S T A R」

>A humanoid stand that which has the ability to attack the confidence of other people directly.
>actually very weak combat wise, but has powerful psychological attacks, that can destroy the target's will to fight before any actual blows come to pass.

Good to hear that people are excited for the archive! I've been busy this holiday season, and I haven't been able to put as much work into the archive as I would've liked.
So in the meantime, I also added an extra spreadsheet where other anons can submit stands to be submitted to the archive. (I may have already linked it in the archive, but I don't remember off the top of my head.)

docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1QXskhv2r-i5ivgJC_kus3Fb3I_zo0L1YTg4D9lULnvs/edit#gid=2111816487

Perfect stand for a bully jock that's all talk.

>「P E R F E C T S K I N」

>Has the ability to turn anyone who touches it's user's skin into a tattoo.
>Belongs to a beautiful girl whose body is full of tattoos, that form an intricate pattern.
>The stand itself is the tattoo at the center of this pattern, between the girl's shoulder blades.

Power B
Speed A
Range E
Durability D
Precision C
Learning D

>「H I G H R O L L E R」
>The user of this stand can roll a d20 to determine the course of future events. Once a die has been rolled, fate will change to accommodate to the number the die lands on

>d20
>not 2d6

Forgot to add this.
She would of course be able to release any person that she has trapped as a tattoo, should she so desire.

Also, perhaps to limit her power, the touch required for the stand to work, would need to be sensual, romantic etc in nature, so that just a casual skin contact from for example, handshake, wouldn't work.

If I could add one thing to your stand:

It sounds a lot like Kira's fathers stand. If you look at it's stand stats everything except durability is E with durability being A, looking at your stand I'd say it'd be similar since it just has the ability and isn't a punching ghost

Good point.
I was somewhat unsure how stats of this sort of stand would work, because it is obviously powerful, but not in the way that can really be made apparent trough the stats.

How much do the Stand abilities count in the stat stuff anyways?

Did a Jojo game using a nWoD homebrew with a similar villain but he was a mix of Yoshikage Kira and Adachi from Persona 4 but with an obsession with movies. His stand was 「Prime Time of Your Life」or PTYL (pronounced Petal) which looked like a 80's female humanoid with a single red eye visor on the top of her face similar to that of Tali mixed with HAL9000 but the bottom of her face was human with porcelain skin and shiny ruby red lips and wore a black and red dress suit with shoulderpads. Her visor opened up to reveal a VHS cassette slot with a projector lens above it.

It's power 「Television Rules the Nation」was that if it's user put a movie into its slot then it could start to warp reality to match the set/theme of the movie. It's range was wide (the size of the school grounds) but the power took time to take effect. Slowly people would start to act like characters in the movie with the area fizzling out with static and VHS scan lines to be replaced with with objects, clothing, etc that fit the setting. Most non-stand users were oblivious to the changes and just assumed their roles in the movie. After the movie was done playing, the area would reset and most people sans Stand Users and those with high willpower would forget what happened. The hook was that the user was a sadist that enjoyed having the school switch into movie settings like Nightmare on Elm Street, The Faculty, Friday the 13, etc. By using his power he could have all the horror tropes of not calling the police, dead phone lines, etc. The user would let people die during the movie but could bring them back to life during the reset or make people forget about them entirely after the power ends. Later on the villain gets an upgrade to splice scenes from movies that share genres to create up to a 2 hour runtime of their own custom movie.

Power refers to how physically strong the stand itself actually is, for example a stand with a C power rating couldn't punch through steel but a stand with an A power rating could

Speed is obviously how fast the stand itself can move within it's range

Range is how far away the Stand can move from it's user

Durability is how hard it is to destroy the stand itself.

Precision is how precise the stands movements and aiming are, for example star platinum has an A rating which allows it to aim it's punches extremely accurately, were as The Hand has a C rating, which means it's slower and can't aim it's attacks as well.

Learning is basically how easily or likely the Stand is to develop new abilities, Echoes and Star Platinum for example have an A in this rating as they develop new stuff very often, Crazy Diamond however has a C so it likely already has all the abilities it will have.

Basically it seems that the stats refer to the stand by itself, without the user or any of it's special abilities active. The tatoo stand obviously wouldn't be able to move so power, speed and precision are meaningless, range is as well since it can't leave the users body and because it's bound to something like a tatoo it can't technically be destroyed itself.

Alright, thanks man, that clears up a lot.

The more abstract stands are usually durability A else E, e.g. Thoth, exept for the ones that really stretch the name stand, which tend to get N/A, e.g. Mr. President. While this is partially because Araki gradually ran out of fucks to give and came to halfarsing the stats, as one can quickly tell by a reread of Stone Ocean, the main problem mostly lies in the deviation between stands; the stats mostly assume the standard "punchghost + cantrip" and so while you can try to compare Star Platinum and Crazy Diamond using only their statsheets, trying to do the same with Hermit Purple and Anubis isn't a good idea.

I see.
So in the case of more abstract stands, that don't really interact with the world outside of their abilities, stats outside of Durability and maybe Learning, are pretty much meaningless?

I don't know much about Jojo so I might as well ask in here, do the stands absolutely have to be named after a song/band/artist or can they have other names too?
Additionally, fan made ones aside, the official ones I've seen are all either rock or metal, are other genres represented too?

Also are the stands powered by the actual music they're named after and all the Jojo characters fight using the powers of rock or do they all just follow that way of naming because it sounds rad as hell and it never gets mentioned that they all seem to be named after something?

> can they have other names too?
Yes.
The first stands that appeared in the series were named after tarot cards.

>Also are the stands powered by the actual music they're named after and all the Jojo characters fight using the powers of rock or do they all just follow that way of naming because it sounds rad as hell and it never gets mentioned that they all seem to be named after something?

Mostly because they sound rad as hell.
Though, there are sometimes some thematic links between the song name, and the stand.
Classic example is the 「K I L L E R Q U E E N」who is named after a Queen song, as are his abilities, SHEER HEART ATTACK, and BITES THE DUST. All the names relate to death, and the stand was used by a serial murderer.

Originally all the Stands were named after Tarot cards, then Egyptian Gods, before going onto musical names, but characters in JoJo's Bizarre Adventure were named after bands long before Stands were.

Most Stands are named after old rock, prog rock and metal bands and songs because the manga's very old, the guy who makes it loves western music, and that was the stuff he was listening to when he first started making it. More recent Stands are pretty frequently named after way more recent songs and different genres. There's Stands named after Outkast songs, and the latest part even has one based on a Rhianna song and a Lady GaGa album.

There's no 'power of music' stuff in the series. The fact that the Stands are named after artists and songs is never brought up.

Because best girl won.

Excellent taste

They can be pretty vague. For example, Star Platinum, Crazy Diamond, and Red Hot Chili Peppers all have A rabnk Strength but RHCP can go beyond either of them with enough juice. Barring Time Stop.

>They can be pretty vague
This. Killer Queen has an A in Destructive Power, yet is clearly not a physical fighter. Also the Range stat has no real scale, seeing as it's broken by fairly often.

>「R A Z Z L E D A Z Z L E」
>The user can attract everyone's attention away or towards anything they touch. The effect can be strengthened by continued contact and will fade away after an hour with no contact. Anyone who cannot see the object is not effected.

While any game where diving too deep bites you in the ass can be refluffed fairly easily, I too fail to see how DRYH is appropriate for JJBA.

Yes, more or less. Because such stands usually don't manifest as a punchghost, the ranking is based on the stand's abilities alone. While this is fine for a stand with combat ability regardless, e.g. Tusk, for the weird stands that doesn't really work. For this reason, Araki only tries to properly stat the weird stands for a short time. As far as I can tell he only does it up to Pearl Jam (The chef's stand in part 4), and even then he misses out Khnum and Thoth.
(Of course, this is subject to both my shaky memory of the episodic section of part 4 and differing views on combat utility.)

More than that; Killer Queen is one of the few stands where the name is 100% related to the stand's powers/appearance.

>She's a Killer Queen
>Gunpowder, gelatine
>Dynamite with a laser beam
>Guaranteed to blow your mind
>Anytime

Plus the reference to cats later in the song, and the refined aire the subject of the song puts on that belies their wilder nature is spot-on for Kira.

Plus Killer Queen's catlike appearance correlates with a line from the song ("Playful as a pussycat)

Killer Queen is pretty much the best stand in terms of name, aesthetics and theme.

What the fuck is this new meme? I've never seen it before?

I guess the point's about having weirdass powers. I guess you wanted, say, a grimdark Phantom Blood with stands you could maybe wrestle a campaign together, though obviously running Diamond is Unbreakable is right out. You should bear in mind that it's part of the /SSS/ copypasta, and has likely been argued over iin the past and been proven worthy in the past.