Tell me Veeky Forums, how is your PC's family? How do your characters spent time with family?

Tell me Veeky Forums, how is your PC's family? How do your characters spent time with family?

PC's aren't really known for having living family members they're on speaking terms with

>tfw more BBEG relatives than friendly ones in your group
It's almost as though people got real life family issues.

Being a half-orc time my with my characters family is awkward.

War rape and all that.

My character has always been close with her dad. Growing up she would help out around his shop, and she tries to write him a letter at least once a week. Whenever she happens to be close to her hometown, she'll try to pop by for a visit, do a check-up on his machines, maybe play a card game.

My father died a few years back after retiring from the city guard. My sister is now undersherrif of midtown and we couldn't be more proud of her. My mother the apothecary still lives, and sends me my favorite homemade cranberry preserves each month by portal. (Se cured the a mage's daughter of the weeping plague years ago.) Mom uses the magic item he paid with to deliver sweets around town as a side business.

Whenever the party is in town I like to swing by my sister's precinct house and visit. Sometimes even turn in a bounty or two. Then we usually have dinner with mom. Sometimes I drag the party rogue to dinner because he was taken in by the guild as a small child, and never knew his parents. I think he likes it, despite his half hearted protests. And mom enjoys having company.

Pic related, mom in her shop.

HEY

COUSIN

LETS GO BOWLING!

My character is a half-dwarf, half-deurgr probably a rape baby. Being an outcast from both his parent races, he hates both and doesnt know of any family he might have.

Parents died of old age
Wife and son died because of orcs
Brother and sister are living in Waterdeep

Ah I see, those damned randy human soldiers raped your mother?

Whoa, careful with that edge there, fellas, gotta save something for your LiveJournal.

He would love to see his family again!
He's just sort of busy killin' again, being turned into a metal monster, and frequently promised freedom from his contract to no avail.

Well he has a side job finding potentially useful contacts or lucrative contracts for his father's arms business while out in the field.
His mother doesn't into the family business, one part denial and one part turning a blind eye.
On the rare occasions that he's back home at the same time his brother has leave, the tear up the town and talk shop.
On the whole they get along great.

Not like I make a big deal out of it in-game. I just feel like for someone to grow up as a Neutral Evil cunt, they ought to have grown up pretty shittely.

I hate to break it to you but I think your mom is a werewolf.

NIKO
MY COUSIN
WE ARE GENTLEMEN
LET'S GO TO A GENTLEMAN'S CLUB

BOWLINK*

His parents and siblings are all dead, unfortunately. Having a son/brother who has been accused of witchcraft, heresy, and treason in a heavily Catholic province leads to guilt by association.

His aunt is still around, though. He doesn't know that, and if he did, he'd be hiding in a hole somewhere. She's 80, but an incredibly skilled tracker, archer, and trapper. She's also as talkative and socially oblivious as a Long Island Italian grandmother, so past interactions went something like:
>"Bubola, you're all skin and bones! You need to eat more, and get out and exercise I mean look at how skinny your arms are! And the sun would do your skin some good, too. Reading books is great for the brain, but you need to get some fresh air. And why aren't you married yet, you're forty-eight? You can't let those acid burns on your face run your life, I'm sure there's a nice, Catholic girl who would love to settle down with a nice boy like you. Also what's this I hear about you practicing magic? Are you trying to make Christ cry? Your uncle would tan your hide if he was around to hear that, Lord bless his soul. And another thing, when are you going to tell that assistant of yours to cut his hair, it's past his tush! And why don't you write, you know I-"
>etc, etc, etc. Now read it in Fran Drescher's voice.

My pc travels a lot and her brother is a soldier so they don't spend much time together but she writes them letters when she can, sometimes sends them gifts. On the rare days they are all in the same place it always includes loads of homecooked food.

My PC murdered his family so that the DM couldn't hold them hostage against his actions for cheap drama.

My PC was taken in by a druid as the result of a deal his father made.
Crops were dying and his dad was a subsistence farmer so no crops = dead family. So his dad begged the local druids' grove for help. The elder druid agreed but in return the farmer had to give up his first born son to the grove.
My PC is aware of his real family as they come around to visit every so often but his real attachment is with the members of the grove.
Still waiting for the DM to burn the grove to the ground or some such.

He hasn't been home to see his son or wife in a while due to the war, but from the letters everyone is doing fine. But he greatly enjoys his current adopted 'sons'.

Outside of letters and pictures he sends home he can't obviously spend time with his blood family.

Mom died giving birth to me.

Dad just shot himself in the head in front of me in the last session.

Last time I saw my PC father, he tried to kill him. Being a (unwittingly) only child for a BBEG is a suffering.

I started playing GTA5 a couple months ago at my friend's house

I couldn't stop laughing at the dating sim minigame complete with actual bowling game.

>PC1
Richer than god and arrogant about it from running what is essentially the world Bank. As the party recently traveled back through her hometown she's taken the opportunity to vacation in the opulence she's been missing abroad.

>PC2
Exorcist s or assassin s depending on who's paying. Very close but she hasn't spoken to or seen them in years.

Wife is from a swiss arms manufacturing dynasty. Has 2 kids, both girls, one a toddler one recently born. They don't see much of him since he wanders the white wastes fighting undead. Recently dispatched to Moscow by the Teutonic order to supplement the merc groups fighting there.

Him and his family were taken hostage by a band of pirates when he was 6 years old. His mother and father were raped and murdered in front of him before he was thrown overboard. Luckily a fishing boat from the bogs happened across him and pulled him aboard. Their original intent was to flay him as sacrifice and feast on his innards, but their seers had other plans. Raised by Lizardfolk, specifically the priest of a hedonistic church. Barbarian that champions their god of feasting, he sees the entire bog as his new family and has an extreme distrust toward most outsiders.

Don't expect DM to do much to fuck up his lizard bros, but always going to be lowkey scared it might happen.