ITT: Armies you are wanting to build, 40k edition

ITT: Armies you are wanting to build, 40k edition
Good morning anons, i recently started 40k again and invested in the kill teams box. I pretty much have an entire space marine army built from my old models.
Im stuck between building Tau or Skitarii, whats your opinion?

Other urls found in this thread:

1d4chan.org/wiki/Tau
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Skitarii. Tau are literal faggot tier.

How come Mr user sir?

Skitarii all the way, they are much more aesthetically pleasing.

Whats Skitarri pros and cons user?

>aesthetically pleasing

Skitarii also let you play with all of the Imperial Allied factions. You get Assassins, Inquisitors, etc.

Tau are just kinda lame.

Tau are the mary sue weeb faction. They clash hard with every other aspect of 40k.

I dunno man, they don't feel very lame. They're basically imperial guardsmen but battle suits instead of tanks.

I mean, as long as you overlook the potential space communist vibes and mind manipulation of the populace by a higher oligarchy then that would be true.

Are you telling me you don't like metallic, pointy, red-robed nerds?

Christ I knew Veeky Forums hated Tau but this level of neckbeard rage is surprising.

About the same as you, but I already have like 13 crisis suits(old ones), and the original Farsight with metal dawnblade, as well as about 32 fire warriors(also older version).

Just remember that Veeky Forums has a Love-Hate relationship with the Tau, where the rest of the factions, perhaps outside of the Grey Knights are more or less in the gray area, or just loved.

Past that, Tau are the better choice for a more well rounded army, and will most likely remain so, while the Skitarri are rather kickass looking, and have been a wetdream for 40k fans for a long time.

If money is a issue go Skitarii, as you can ally them to the space marines. If money is not a issue, then whichever one you want the most, Tau have some nice fluff, and are still great facemelters.

If the idea of being called a weeaboo faggot gets ya, then just run a CQC Tau list as the Farsight Enclave. I did just that about a month ago for fun, lost to a crazy nid list + Sisters(my team was Farsight Enclaves + Grey Knights), and won vs a Dark Eldar list.
Shotguns for firewarriors, fusion blades(Brightsword/added to a suite), Gian flail I stole from a ork wartruck(its wrecking ball), ran it as the donkey punch glove.

Was allot of fun, not a play to win list, but fun none the less.

Either way good luck, and enjoy.
I'm still debating on getting back in with the Enclaves, or doing that Grots list I dream up once in a blue moon(damn forge world prices though lol).

There's a reason for it. You'll see eventually. They all do. Then you'll probably come here and make the 630836th post going "Wow I thought Tau hate was a meme but Veeky Forums was right".

Whats the opinion on Orks? Just found a load of them. I really enjoyed playing them a few years back, what are they like now?

As a stranger to 40k overall, why are they so hated?

Sqiushy, violent abominations of bullets and teeth

Most of the time its caused by tau players using overpowered/stupid, unfun weaponry or lorewise "im a master tactician no seriously guise, also we r the best"

I played them before the Ripetides and friends came about. From what I have seen, its simple.

They are pure range(or damn near it), and this angers the bulk of the playerbase(Space Marines), who need to get into melee to win.

Eldar can manage it, Orks have the numbers, same as nids, Guard can shootback, but Marines will get cut down from the pluse rifles, and don't have the extra speed, or numbers to cancel out the superior firepower.

The MASS BULK of 40k players started with Space Marines, even if they don't play them anymore, so the Tau Hate is strong.

Old Eldar player here, i feel Skitarii embody my playstyle of 'shoot and re-deploy' however, what are your guys thoughts on building a Nids army? I wanted Tau or Necrons but something about Tau just doesnt sit right with me

1d4chan.org/wiki/Tau
It has some explanations, such as Fish of Fury or Riptide Cheese

Deldar. I love all their looks, and have a rather small force I've been working on over time. Pic is my first Raider.

Black templar player here, still pretty sore they diddnt get their own codex but Templars with a few sisters are pretty mean

Well, I have to admit, they arent as dark as the rest
But still, like that user said, they are just as dark as most, but with a nice polish of 'greater good' over it

On the subject of Tau I would love to build a mechanized infantry Tau force. A list of breacher teams in devilfishes with hammerhead and skyray support blitzing the table has always seemed so fun but what sucks is that battlesuits do that job but better, they are faster, hit harder, more durable, etc. I just really love the devilfish chassis and dont think it gets enough love...

I really wanna do a Death Korps army. Or Scottish Ig in kilts. One or the other, i can't decide.

Tau are good if you want to sit in the back of the map and shoot your enemies to death as they approach. They have access to one of the more bullshit formations which allows their entire army to share markerlights (i.e. you spend two markerlights to make all units shooting at this target BS5 instead of just one). They melee about as well as a child would, but if you play them right, the enemy won't reach melee range.

Skitarii are more like a walking gunline. Their entire army has relentless and crusader, and they can begin the game with giving everyone a free scouts move. They have access to Assault 3 plasma guns, S10AP1 Blast cannons on their tanks, and Cognis weapons which snap shot at BS2 instead of 1, meaning a team of three walkers with cogis autocannons are decent AA while also being able to fight on the ground. And that's before you consider that these weapons are twinlinked. Their melee units are good, and add 3" to move, run, and charge distances. Also, as mentioned, they're Forces if the Inperium, so they treat all Imperial armies as battle brothers. Bring a techmarine, a scout marine squad, and a land raider for cheap, easy moving your army into weapons range.

Skitarii are part of a tourney-tier bullshit army which also includes Cult Mechanicus and Inperial Knights. Bringing this list gives everyone inside free wargear for everything. That becomes more powerful as the point-level goes up, giving more and more models to upgrade with badass weapons.

Wait till 8th edition. Tyranids are literally worst army right now, esp after Waaagh! gazghkull released for orks

check'd

'None of my weaknesses will ever come up in any serious piece of fluff, most of them will be retconned out of existence because how dare Tau not be the best at everything, constantly outplaying all the other factions tactically and getting new technologies introduced that basically put us on the pinnacle of tech-levels because we have a game-changer for every situation. Also despite being less grimdark we're never punished for it and our philosophy solely exists to show how stupid, inefficient, illogical and inferior everyone else in the fluff is in their viewpoint.'

The Tau began as a faction with strengths and weaknesses, and suffered/were forced to put effort into keeping their philosophy, but now they don't need to even try and are just as effective as everyone else without sacrificing anything, therefore are logically the best faction in the setting philosophically, sociologically and logically.

I just got back into 40k as well. I already had a lot of Guard from 3rd and 5th, so right now I am just fixing things, building unbuilt things and painting. What I really want to do is bring back my old close combat and aggressive playstyle of Guard I had in 5th. Sadly, no more hidden power weapons in blobs, but Priests are great and so are Conscript blobs. Bullgryn look really awesome now too so I want them in my force even though I'm pretty sure they aren't good at combat, just durable. Shame that Straken is garbo for his points. I really liked him in 5th.

Not sure what else I want to add. Maybe build an Inquisitor/Ecclesiarchy blob unit. I have one idea for an Inquisitors unit with Acolytes with Flamers and 10 Death Cult Assassins in a Land Raider. Maybe Inquisitor Karamazov bombarding Conscripts in close combat. Lots of ideas to combine with my Guard.

The points are wrong on this builder, it's under 1850 atm, but this is something that I want to do.

Been wanting to hop on the 40k train for a while. It's either going to be Black Templar or Blood Angels/Flesh Tearers, so I figured I'd hold out until Fall of Cadia and see if BT get any updates.

pros:
>they look cool as fuck
cons:
>who gives a shit?

Is he going to be in cult mechanicus? Will it matter?

as a mechanicus player just looking at this gives me a headache, because i know im going to end up buying him, and i know he's going to be a massive pain in my ass. But it'd be nice to have an hq that was a little less squishy.

Are you planning to use Sluttysun?

>mfw I paint all the parts of a model separately with masked connections then glue them all together in the end

Good thing I play space marines with their braindead assembly.

don't forget the pulse weapons