I'm a GM for a Pathfinder Campaign and I have this one guy that wants to create a Captain America style character...

I'm a GM for a Pathfinder Campaign and I have this one guy that wants to create a Captain America style character. Not as a Pally but as a Fighter. I agreed, but now the players in the group are arguing about what his alignment will be and now even the guy creating him is confused.

I don't know shit about Captain America compared to some of them so do any of you have an idea? Help me out here Senpai.

Other urls found in this thread:

d20pfsrd.com/path-of-war/classes/warder
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Use this class

d20pfsrd.com/path-of-war/classes/warder

With a focus on the Iron Tortoise maneuvers.

Personality-wise, straight Lawful Good.

Alignments are just a social construct, dude.

Let him identify however he wants

>d20pfsrd.com/path-of-war/classes/warder
That actually sounds considerably better than speccing out a Fighter or that.

I'm planning on it, but the rest of the group are being shits about it. Now he's confused as what to pick and when I told him "Whatever you want" it freaked him out more.

Cap is pretty clearly Lawful Good, in the sense of obeying that Law which is Good, and not allowing himself to be shackled by Evil Law.

>the rest of the group are being shits about it
have ogres eat their equipment for arguing about alignments

Brawler has a shield based archtype too.
Also does what you want

Path of War material is pretty great as far as martial classes go in general. Still weaker than full spellcasters, but that's more because full casters are broken, and the base Fighter is fucking weaksauce.

>I'm planning on it, but the rest of the group are being shits about it.

The rest of the group can eat shit as far as deciding how someone else's character is supposed to act is concerned. They can offer opinions, but that's about it. Let him act as Captain America as he wants.

So you find the box that says "Alignment" and in it you write "Captain America (Fuck Yeah!)" and if anyone argues you punch them in face while humming the Star Spangled.

He is straight up neutral good.
Enforcing laws when they are good for the common folk,going chaotic when they do not.

Based Captain is chaotic good

Freedom at all costs

This.

Also, there's the shield champion archetype from the brawler's class that's literally captain america, getting the skills to throw shileds and make them ricochet back.

Refusing to enforce unjust laws is still Lawful Good behavior, though, depending on which edition's blurb you're reading. Working hard to uphold laws that grant freedoms can be LG just as much as it is CG.

But, because alignment has always been fairly poorly defined and subject to change, I'd just do and call it a day.

Although there is also the issue of the reason why captain does those stuff,which is just helping peeps.So I feel like he is just a n.g and I dislike alignment charts anyways

>Enforcing laws when they are good for the common folk,going chaotic when they do not.
That's still LG though. A lawful good character is obligated to work within the system when able, but is not inherently boung to the law if the law is unjust or prevents good from being done/causes more harm. Similarly, a LG character is not obligated to obey a corrupt officer and should do what they can to expose them and bring them to justice

>using alignment
user, replace it with a theme song, 3x3 morality system doesn't work outside of high heroic fantasy against objective darkness

>arguing about Captain America's alignment

I mean, I guess MAYBE people could argue he'd be Neutral Good rather than Lawful Good, because Captain America DOES prioritize doing Good over obeying Laws, or even governments, that are unjust.

Beyond that, there's no real argument.

>prioritize doing Good over obeying Laws, or even governments, that are unjust.

I mean, you basically just described a standard Paladin there.

Except Cap only works within the system because he feels that the end goals of the system are justified. That is why Cap is Neutral Good. Because he opposed "good laws" because they harm the Good that is the end goal.

>Because he opposed "good laws" because they harm the Good that is the end goal.
If that is the case, then they weren't "good" laws
Plus Cap is, first and formost, a soldier, and being a soldier of his caliber for so long is generally hard to accomplish without some level of Lawfulness

>Fighter
Even if you don't make him a Paladin, there are still better options even if you use Paizo options only.
The Shield Exemplar Brawler was bloody made to be Captain America.

Also, this is now a Best of Captain America Thread

True

I was in a group with a guy who did this before Brawler was even a thing.

Of course his character was a complete jackass that died when he didn't let the caster so much as check magic rings. Of course, I'm pretty sure my GM sent him to the Ethereal Plane or whatever just to punish him for grabbing away at any and all items before the party could look at them.

But my advice: have your player do the right thing, and don't let him make gimmicky characters without actually bothering with the actual character part. And no, I don't mean playing literally Captain America.

His alignment can differ depending on the incarnation.

We'll to be quite fair to him, martials do essentially need magic items to function at all once midgame hits

The only caster in our party was a martial-focused cleric and maybe an alchemist. My flail fighter didn't get anything much at all til the very next to last fight, but it was a nice animated shield. To be fair it was also a fairly brief but complete game, my first one actually.

>Also, there's the shield champion archetype from the brawler's class that's literally captain america, getting the skills to throw shileds and make them ricochet back.
This

General AMERICA thread?