Warhammer 40,000 General /40kg/

>Freshest Rules in Epub (Use Readium for PC or Kobo on Android)
mega.nz/#F!Wl5DAbCb!TYxZG4CgX_x-NJu7JBwbZQ!2tgBUTYI

>Older stuff in PDFs:
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>As current as the FAQs get
games-workshop.com/en-GB/Rules-Errata

>40K 7th Edition Quick Reference Sheets:
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef.pdf

>Forge World Book Index:
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

>The Black Library (Eldar poetry is shit):
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q!c4pGAJDb

>List Builder if BS doesn't add enough bloat for you
webapplications-webroster.rhcloud.com/rc/web/#/rosterCreator

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=AVticUKZs5U
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>Orks are a melee race!
>I2

"no edition" edition

What are the odds of a new Abaddon model with the Fall of Cadia stuff?

i think the problem is that orks are known as being a extremely strong race but IIRC they aren't known to be swift. But their strength still doesnt translate into the rules at all.

I'd probably say pretty high.

I'm new to the game and I read the psychic phase stuff but it's all still pretty confusing.

I want to take a Sorcerer for my HQ in a chaos space marines army, and I heard that psychic shriek is a good psychic power to take. So if I'm correct, I can just make my Sorcerer take all his powers from the telepathy table, and he'll get shriek automatically no matter what. My question is: let's say I want to just take the cheap points cost sorcerer and just use him for psychic shriek instead of spending points on melee stuff. Is this a good idea? Should I make him mastery level 2 or 3? Or give him spell familiar?

I've made a kind of 40k Synthwave video: youtube.com/watch?v=AVticUKZs5U

Do you think the concept has potential?

If all you want is psychic shriek, all you need is a barebones level 1 sorceror.

because he's such a shoe-in, I'm more interested in seeing if they'll do anything else for chaos.

plastic typhus? plastic 'zerks to go with plastic kharn? cypher? some random character like the inquisitor/magos?

Chaos just got their new models with the 1k sons stuff and probably Abby.

>plastic typhus? plastic 'zerks to go with plastic kharn? cypher? some random character like the inquisitor/magos?

Honestly of those listed my only guess would be MAYBE Cypher.
I'd be expecting a more basic box such as Chosen / CSM / Havocs

PLASTIC POWER ARMOURED LORD/SORCEROR

FUCKIN DO IT GW

Honestly, I like what they did for Ork's strength, by giving them all furious charge.
Boyz being 3/4
Nobs being 4/5 (stronger than any marine on the charge bar blood angels!)
Warbosses being 5/6 (6 being the baseline for giant monsters)

The Problem with them is shit initiative and shit wargear, the initiative can be fixed by making 'ere we go like a furious charge for inititive, +1 I on the charge.
Wargear would be much harder to fix and would require moving everything around and adjusting their points costs.

posting for new thread :

Speaking of Genestealer cults I was looking at my competitve list and was thinking : I generally run the first curse formation ( alongside two subterranean uprisings brood cycle and Lord of the cult for a magus)

Im starting to second guess this. If I take out the 20 unit of Genestealers with 10 scythes I can generally pump up the hybrid metamorphs to 53 across six squads all with cult icon and all with claws so WS 5 S6 and 2 units of 6 abberrants with Power Hammers

That seems WAY more useful than the first curse, anyone have any experience running that?

I kinda wish thery would make the red thirst +1s +1I on the charge.

Any infor on what Fall of Cadia is? Is it 40k End Times?

Updated berzerkers would make my dick diamonds.

Probably wont happen though. Guess ill just keep pimping them out with forgeworld shit

Red thirst is a formation bonus and +2s on the charge would be too much unless they removed furious charge meaning they got nothing outside formations.

it's another warzone book

no one knows more and no one will no more until GW puts out more information themselves

alright thanks

when do people actually take higher mastery levels? I know sorcerers on bikes are popular, to go with other bikers or spawn, so I'm suspecting that it has something to do with buffing the unit the psyker is in? For context, my idea with my sorcerer is just stick him in a rhino with 9 marines and use psychic shriek for more anti-infantry power. What are people casting that makes them take more mastery levels and spell familiar?

Thoughts on this? Just getting into 40k and would like to go World Eaters, tried to build something off of the Start Collecting box.

is rerolling warlord traits that good of a thing that every formation needs to have it included?

Quick noob question, but I'm looking to get into 40k. I like the lore and mechanics of Genestealer cults, although the price (comparatively) is a little off putting.

1d4chan for GC says you can get cheap models from buying from the Deathwatch: Overkill box- Is there a better place than Ebay for this or is that the go to?

Since I'm in a generous mood, I've overhauled your list. This is doable from the Start Collecting and has some points left over for garnish.

basic CAD gives it and no one seems to mind, also there are some really terrible warlord traits like all the warlord's and unit's ccw gain soul blaze

Hm, i can see it being useful but from most batreps ive watched unless its some like insanely broken warlord trait then it usually doesn't affect the game enough to even be worth considering to reroll.

not that guy but does traitor legions supplement mean you can't take artifacts from the base codex? if not, I'd just replace the stock terminator combi-bolter with axe of blind fury to get an extra attack from the stock power weapon

right and how often has it come up in the games you've played?

I'm a fan of the ol' claw/fist combo but yeah, there's nothing stopping you taking Axe of Blind Fury, to trade some versatility for extra chopping.

are there any disadvantages to stripping a figure multiple times with break fluid?
the only possible danger i could think of is loss of finer details due to excess pressure using a brush.

will multiple immersions in break fluid have any effect on the hardness of the plastic or the bonds of the superglue?

>sisters of cattle

I use Dawn Power Dissolver. Safe and clean.

i wouldn't suggest a dangerous material that can easily eat through metal for stripping models, get power cleaner or simple green instead

My unit of Bullgryn took a wound from a Dark apostle eith that WT.
Soul blaze killed the priest, replacing zealot with default Ld7.
My Bullgryn wall got swept immediately.

Magnus the Red waited. The lights above him blinked and sparked out of the air. There were traitors in the Imperium. He didn't see them, but had expected them now for years. His warnings to Emperor were not listenend to and now it was too late. Far too late for now, anyway. Magnus was a Primarch for fourteen years. When he was young he watched the Immaterium and he said to Emperor "I want to be in the warp daddy..."
Emperor said "No! You will BE CORRUPT BY DAEMONS"
There was a time when he believed him. Then as he got oldered he stopped. But now in the Temple of the Serpent Lodge on Davin he knew there were daemons.
"This is Ahriman" the vox link crackered. "You must warn the Emperor!"
So Magnus gotted his mind bullets and blew up the Webway.
"HE GOING TO KILL US" said the Custodes
"I will shoot at him" said Malcador and he fired the rocket missiles. Magnus plasmaed at him and tried to blew him up. But then the Webway fell and they were trapped and not able to kill.
"No! I must kill the daemons" he shouted
The vox said "No, Magnus. You are the daemons"
And then Magnus was a traitor.

I'd drop a few of the marines and take a raptor squad instead of the spawn

jumping meltaguns are 2gud

But you can only double up the specials in the CSM squads at 10 marines.

I want an army that can dominate the psychic phase, with lots of varied powers.

and I'm saying those meltaguns would do better on raptors than they would on rhino marines

Tzeentch daemons.

The Company Champion should also have a relic blade, making it 1845.

I'm not sure about which Chapter Tactic to use. Either Imperial Fists, or Iron Hands.

Feedback please.

Mixed daemons

sounds hilarious, but soul blaze happens at the end of the turn well after combat and you can look out sir it while it's also randomly allocated.

even with the wound done to you like a shooting attack you're still locked in combat so you wouldn't need another morale check

that or i'm completely talking out of my ass now. enjoy your xmas eve

Night Lords using Trait Legion rules or HH Legion rules?

Just updated regular CSM would be great.

Is there any real reason to use a Baneblade variant when Knights exist? I kind of want to build a giant Admech pimp tank, but they cost stupid numbers of points for something that is essentially a Knight with a big gun and no D-Choppa or Stomp, and if I want a huge expensive gun of cool the Ordinatii exist. Wouldn't want to get one if it's just going to be a display bit.

In my experiemce It's more to get rid of worthless traits than to fish for the perfect one.

>that or i'm completely talking out of my ass now

Nope you're correct would've had to go something like this:
>1/2 (4+) for Soul Blaze to go off
>1/3 (5+) for Soul Blaze to Wound (majority 5 due to Bullgryn)
>1/4 for Wound to be allocated to Priest
>1/6 to fail Look Out Sir
>1/2 chance to fail 4++

Ahriman did nothing wrong

Nope.
So you can have your flying DP of nurgle with FNP and Black Mace.

Couldn't even be assed to make an edition.

HH for 30k
TL for 40k

live and learn. i've made big mistakes like that before

>seeker chariot and exalted charge invisible unit of grey knight interceptors that just flamed my pink horror and herald unit to death
>i'm under the impression the chariot rider takes d6 hits on flamer overwatch so lesser chariot dies
>exalted makes it to combat but we're convinced that they need to roll to hit
>exalted chariot does 1 easily saved wound then rider gets bopped on the head

looking back i really wasn't paying attention that day. chariots count as a single unit, not an open topped transport so i should've taken only 1 wound to the chariot. also the hammer of wrath hit instantly so no 6s to hit

How does this look for a fluffy Biel-Tan list?

Forgot image

Pretty empty.

>fluffy Biel-Tan
>even fields a Phoenix Lord

user, you rule.

Making an army that fits both purposes is kinda hard. Wtf am I supposed to do with a 10man Volkite Terror Squad or a unit of 20 bolters for 40k?

what are the best books set in warhammer 40K? I want to pick one up for spare reading time.
15 Hours was great.

Eisenhorn Trilogy

Most anything else by Dan Abnett or Sandy Mitchell. Some of Aaron Dembski-Bowden's stuff like the Night Lords trilogy.

Rate my emergency terrain, /40ktg/.

Took me a good evening to finish.

can/10

Wouldplayfun,fluffygameagainst/10

I want more of you to play Eldar

>If you do play Orkz or vanilla 'nids... yeah, the game is pretty fucking bleak right now.
Care to guess which two xenos armies I play?

ADB's stuff is okay but ONLY if you are okay with fluff rape, he ruins a lot of characters but, by themselves, his books are okay.

The Beast arises was fun, there's a link to it somewhere around here. Plus some of those one-shot Deathwacth stories if you're looking for something light.

I'm reading through Ben Counter's Grey Knights books, and I'm thoroughly enjoying them. He's a bit flowery at times but his characters are good and few capture the feel of 40k as well as him

But.... SoS look horrible....

Quick question: I want to create for my space marines a 10th company task force. THat means I need 3 units of scouts, I have 5 regular scouts, and 3 scouts on bikes.
Can a Land Speeder Storm unit as be the third unit? Can you disembark those guys? it looks like they are a fixed part of the vehicle.

this is stupid. gw reuses too much shit already, their cads are like Holy Stc prints that they can only copy paste on, its seldom they make actual new stuff like gsc/skitarii. look at the number of rhino prints...
SoS look exactly like DE, its probably three clicks away in cad.

No, only scout units or scout bike units count. Like it says in the book.

space wolves. psychic hood, adamantium will, rune priests on big cocked wolves

There's a special feeling you get when you field one. I personally only use mine though when its games i don't actually care about winning, like when my group insists on playing 700 odd some points with as few models as possible. I never win, but its always fun to watch them scramble to blow it and my dominus to hell and back.

my sides

Not bad.... Statue looks really out-of-place though.... is it just for scale?

Is there any quick and easy way to paint black power armour?

The guys on the speeder are just cosmetic. You need 3-5 units of Scouts or Scout Bikes.

I was considering a Hellhammer to turn into a cool ride for my Archmagos, build out the hull or the turret into a command platform with some control consoles and such.

I'd imagine it works better with Heresy Mechanicum since they can give it Interceptor and Tank Hunters, as well as +1 damage table, so you have a S10 AP0 Ignores Cover Ordnance Tank Hunters 7" Interceptor Turreted blast with a few guaranteed repair rolls, which is a hell of a gun, but in 40k I imagine it would only see use with a big blob of Conscripts around it or some Knight is going to walk up and smack it with a sword.

To clarify: I meant additional 5 scouts that are in the LSS, not the Land Speeder itself. Otherwise I buy a regular bunch of scouts without dedicated transport.

Can a haemonculus in a covens list take wargear from the regular dark eldar codex?

Sorry, you are right, I can't take it.

What do we think? I'm new to eldar and made this list with the old Elder battleforce and a farseer that I picked up yesterday.

Try something more industrial looking? Got any Rhinos? The partition from inside those has a little monitor thingy on it that might work?

1. Spray black. Edge highlight with Eshin Gray. Can look sharp and not to bad if you've got good brush control.

2. Dark Grey, Wash with Nuln Oil. Easiest, but probably the worst looking. Results in an "Off- Black" with minor shading.

3. Lots of layers of very thin (use medium) very dark greys/brown on top of black edge highlighting up to a grey highlight. Looks the best, but lots of work.

Looks fine from here.

Is there a Dark Angels 7th pdf kicking around?

Not yet. I'll go on a bigger shopping spree next year and get a lot of vehicles. In January there are a few boxes for armoured assault that could be interesting.

You forgot this

4. Base in Leadbelcher. Use 7 consecutive washes of Nuln Oil.

I just ordered Battle for Vedros for my girlfriend and I to play at our FLGS. What am I in for?

>does traitor legions supplement mean you can't take artifacts from the base codex?

Nope, you can take either/or.

However, you cannot take two artefacts on the same model, and can only take one of each artefact per army.

I don't believe so they have their own relic and war gear options. I wouldn't mind if they ever got haywire grenades. I can never seem to get enough anti-tank in my lists.

>no edition
>no link to previous thread
who keeps letting these spergs make threads

Other guy wasn't me. I just grabbed a few bits to glue into place. I agree though, maybe it'd look more appropriate in weathered bronze?

All the lazy idiots who can't be bothered to do it themselves.

Repeating my request from the previous thread.
The Primus Medicae is supposedly getting released next week, and I'm currently on vacation in the asscrack of America, miles away from any GW store. Are there any UKbros who would do me a tremendous favour and nab one for me? I would pay you for your trouble.

2 Count as plasma in 8 man bolter squad?

Thoughts on the following list?

Eldar Warhost (always run 6")

>Farseer
>8x Storm Guardians - 2x Fusion Guns, 2x Power Swords
>Vyper - Brightlance
>3x War Walkers - 6x Scatter Lasers
>3x Support Batteries - 3x D-Cannons
>Wraithknight - Glaive and Shield

Harlequin Masque (can run and charge after turn 1)
>6x Troupe - 2x Caress, 1x Embrace, Master w/Caress
>Starweaver (Dedicated Transport)
>2x Skyweavers - 2x Zephyr Glaive, 2x Haywire Cannon
>Void Weaver - Prismatic Cannon

Basically the goal is a fast list with lots of punch, I feel like its a decent TAC list (lacks a little AA but War Walkers with TL are serviceable enough given the lack of fliers in my meta). Farseer will spend most of his time with the D-Cannon batteries just tossing out buffs and maybe an Eldritch Storm.

i think i've seen this list before, have you tried it a few times? where are those battle reports?

They all look the same, though. The best I can do is use them as plasma, but there is a very real chance that I'd be sitting on 30 Volkite Marines if I decide to go with Terror Assault.

I've been tinkering with similar ideas - some iteration of Space Elves of multiple flavors.I think I've landed on the final iteration - it misses out on some of the fun of Warp Spiders (but also misses out on their shitty models) and doesn't play the stereotypical 'bikes and D' Eldar list.

I'm concern about GSC obviously but I've played a few test games against a very good GSC player and the Harlequins are pretty great at shredding them and keeping them honest.

For some asinine reason I can't buy that box here. Would have been useful as gift instead of what I cobbled together from the webstore.