Yo guys, can we get an Oldhammer/Rogue Trader thread up?

Yo guys, can we get an Oldhammer/Rogue Trader thread up?

Other urls found in this thread:

games-workshop.com/en-NZ/New-Exclusive?N=2510756053 3855522993&_requestid=9195392
youtube.com/watch?v=PZpFack7e2A
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I have nothing to contribute, but will be watching closely.

Obligatory Land Speeder converted from an empty deodorant container.

This artwork made quite the impression on my fragile middle-school brain.

The guy at the bottom makes another appearance.

It got official rules in the chapter approved vehicle creation tables, btw. And iirc it was quite powerful.

What are those weapons supposed to be ? Lascannon ? Plasma cannons ? Heavy graviton guns ?

And it was reborn as a custodes tank

Not gonna lie that still looks pretty sick.

Is that a Space Marine using a lasgun?

No that's a heavy laser aka lascannon. Dude on the left.

seems like heresy, anyone from the ordo hereticus confirm this?

games-workshop.com/en-NZ/New-Exclusive?N=2510756053 3855522993&_requestid=9195392

Sayeth WHAAAAAAT?! Bruva, those things look awesom. I almost wish those were still canon.

The RT art is so much fucking better than the lore

>assault on Minogue K

Random Imperial army squad generator.

Man, that commissar just looks so cool.

Wait, you're twice as likely to get all bolters for your mooks than lasguns? What outfit is this from?

...can I join?

that's a 5% chance vs 90% chance of lasguns I'm afraid.

>a proper chainsword with horizontal chains and the moped engine visible
Those were the days.

Not too old really but still has some meaning to me, the pic is from the first WD I ever bought for myself rather than just stealing my older brother's.

I have to be reading this wrong, then. To me, it looks like you roll 1d12 to determine what your dudes are packing. That's where I got the "twice as likely" thing, since a 6-10 gets you bolters versus a 11-12 getting you lasguns.

I always loved those rouge trader quotes.

Eleven to one hundred, not twelve.

The partially hidden elf tower in the backgroud was one of my favourite GW scenery pieces. I keep meaning to remake it.

Shit, I remember that tower too, from when I was a kid.

Look at these for some adverts lads. Phone adventure games, it's been a while since I've seen one.

KILL JESTER

No GETTING TROLL here friend.

>the serpentine dragon is supposed to be blue according to the text
Either they were absolute fucking liars or the color correction for print was appallingly bad.

Still, though, it's a sweet spread. Do you have anything similar for the older Citadel dragons, especially the legendary ones like the Great Spined Dragon?

>Do you have anything similar for the older Citadel dragons,

am afraid not

Are those ramen bowls?

The crazy thing is that I wouldn't have even noticed if they hadn't gone overboard on that tower in back.

Ok second try. Not really Oldhammer but still interesting.

That's what, 5th edition? Still counts.

>those handpainted backdrops

>spikey cacti

MY NIGGA

The originals

some of my favorite models of all time.

dat Deckard pistol

What are those robot guys on the left side, second row from bottom, as well as right side third row from bottom?

Think they're Imperial Robots, the inspiration for some of the Mechanicus models from both GW and FW.

Where can you find good Battle Reports, Youtube only has 40k/8th edition ones.

Man I wish I could ever be rich eunough to own this or pic rel. That were one of few pieces of Blanche art that made Warhammer for me, back in 1st Ed. WHRP.

I bought some 90's figs lately, but I'm legitemately sad that they won't make it Made To Order, because folks will be too busy ordering 40k troops that got recently replaced.

I also want to learn how to paint figures like Blanche. Guy is epic, sad that he has next to no impact on modern GW models stylistic, especially when Olhammer is dead.

Maybe on 30 years of RT they make some old models... But most likely they put out some boring new stuff with beakie helmet and call it a day.

appropriate music
youtube.com/watch?v=PZpFack7e2A

those look amazing

why was oldhammer so much better than the shit today

First things first, they used to make artworks and take loose inspiration from it. Now their artwork is copycating the models as close as they can, because is thought as a form of ad.

But also it was made by guys who had many interesting life paths, mixing outside ideas. They were studying history, they were actual witers, some started in acients wargaming, one (can't remember who) abbadoned attempts to get career in diplomacy, they came from all walks of life, because it sounded interesting and they were young and broke.

If you read portfolios of present GW staff they are guys who Warhammered (or rather 40kekd) so hard they went straight to GW.

They are detached from outside artistic influences thus bland.

thing is oldhammer art was itself half the joy of warhammer

i remember what a effect those old posters had on me as a kid, the psychedelic arrays of monumental destruction all in asimetric multilayered compositions

that sob poster with dem legs in shiny black powerboots probably added to my later deveoping fetishes more than many things

its like the whole thing had a soul, it was total gothic punk, weird, garish and trippy

realy miss that nowdays

Nah they were pretty much just a bunch of metalhead nerds who all read 2000 AD

This. Nemesis was basically Proto 40k

wow i have this ultramarine centurion in the center. blast from the past