Things the party can do that will cause the healer to let them die

>Things the party can do that will cause the healer to let them die.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=s_CbMMZ0WgQ
forbes.com/sites/victorlipman/2013/04/25/the-disturbing-link-between-psychopathy-and-leadership/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>rushing ahead faster than I am prepared to go
>not letting me recuperate mana before a boss fight
>Everybody constantly standing in shit / ignoring tactics
>blaming me for deaths that aren't my fault
>insulting me or calling me a bad healer
That's all I can think of off the top of my head.

I just realised this isn't /v/, so none of those. Letting people die in an RPG is a dick move.

Insulting my god and showing my religion disrespect.

Eh most of those are applicable to tg games too. Sometimes you just gotta let someone die before they learn.

bullying

Blindly run into combat acting like my healing makes them immune to death.

>Letting people die in an RPG is a dick move.
if someone doesn't want to play with the team, they'd best be prepared to deal with their own problems

>asking me to let them die
>entering a situation that's too dangerous to risk my life as well
>my duty of care is to other or more people
>attempting to kill me
>multiple of the above
>all of the above

These come up more than they really should.

>pls no bully

>forgetting that I can't cure myself of poison

See, I let them die because I myself was dead.

>Things the party can do that will cause the healer to let them die.
Nothing. I usually don't let people die on purpose, I just try to finish the game as quickly as possible, judge if the people I played with were just having a bad day or not, and never talk to them again.

That being said we all have our pet peeves.
>Team members Have poor situational awareness.
>Thinking just because I'm around it means your invincible.
>Not having fun. (Its called a party for a reason folks)
>Thinking that I don't know how other classes work and that I don't know what I'm talking about.
>Poor team work.
>Doing stuff to make your self feel better, not because its good for the group.
>Over emphasis on reward seeking behavior.
>Purposefully being annoying over a long period of time(Yes I can tell the difference)
>Bringing outside drama into the game. (My little brother is the worlds biggest roly/poly and I have enough problems being related to him already.)

I could go on but that's most of the big ones. Did I mention not having fun?

Raping them without letting them cum

Being a massive prick. Since party members usually are people simply travelling around, not even hired by the same entity, party members are only obligated by their shared goals to cooperate. Being a dick is the easiest way to be removed from the list of people you are going to help and/or risk your life for. And it doesn't mean being a dick to the healer, but just being a dick in-character.
Going a step further, a LOT of people will consider it "fair" to let die the person who got them into some serious trouble. Imagine the situation when someone antagonised a bunch of NPCs for no real reason of based on flimsy assumption. Why should anyone on the party have to save him or her, after they've ended up as wanted people because of single stupid fuck in the party?

TL;DR - Don't be a dick. And most definitely don't be a dick on purpose.

>I am super-new to the hobby
Nice to know

Don't have fun: the post

>I'm the only person allowed to have fun
>Rest of the party be damned
Unless you are playing Paranoia, being a dick and/or endangering rest of the party is a big no-no.
So either you are avid Paranoia player (which I doubt) or you are simply That Guy.

Not shuting up before I forget how usefull they are.

Who tf is blanc?

Killing each other. If they think I'll bring them back after their lethal bitch-fight, then they've got another thing coming.

An angry flatty.

You go where I go if you want heals. If you want to go elsewhere you go alone. I will totally ignore the tanky fuck if he wants to run off and fuck around god knows where.

Being a dick to the healer
Taking suicidal actions
Taking suicidal actions against healer better judgement
Taking suicidal actions against healer better judgement, while being a dick to the healer

Also, being a dick IRL is a big factor in games, no matter how deep the role-play aspect of the group is.

Well now that's just rude.

Assuming that being a Cleric means I'm a healer.

>FB_IMG
good image dude

>WAAAAH We go by MY pace because I'M the healer!

This always pissed me off. If the group went by the healer's pace they'd be going fucking backwards because they'd find something to bitch and be passive aggressive about and stall everything by being a whiny little shit that thinks they're better than everyone else. They aren't any more important than any other member of the group, so shut the fuck up, get your ass in gear, and do your fucking job without the goddamn attitude you stupid fuck. If you can't get it together, then you'll get replaced by someone who can actually keep pace with the rest of the group, simple as that.

Fuck healer scum.

Healers. Can't live with them, can't live without them

>can't live without them
You can though. Just don't get hit. Or stock up on potions.

>Calling me a healslut.
Great way to get me to never heal you.

>healer doesn't want to be bullied

I call bullshit.

>tfw old angry german doctor

Does being unlucky enough to be lower priority on combat triage count?

Because I've had party members and player characters go that way. It's a shame, but it's ultimately a really powerful character building moment to have someone die while the healer is trying to keep the party going. Especially if it's the first party death.

>Potions
>Implying that's something interchangable between settings

I literally learned about this meme last year, when I've joined Veeky Forums.
I'm playing tabletops since '04

Leeroy, pls.

Breaking the healer's code of ethics.
> Attacking unarmed civilians is wrong!

Injuries from one's own stupidity are not deserving of anything but lower-level heals.
> If I heal you, you won't learn.

Being a dick to people the healer likes.
> If you steal from this poor farming family, I won't heal you for a week.

Bringing along useless camp followers who need healing capacity.
> I don't care HOW cute she is, if she needs healing, it comes out of YOUR share of it.

>not bullying your healer affectionately

Nothing. RPG:s do not have these situations and in boardgames built around party dynamics, the players sin and lose together.

Go back to /v/.

>Healers

>I've never played TTRPG in my life with party made from players/characters not liking each other
Not sure if inexperienced or lucky

Your groups probably weren't weeby enough to want to bully qt healers.

watch out, fellas

we got a tough guy here

>tfw i roll a healer i want people to bully me and humiliate me

Affectionate bullying best bullying.

>Don't worry, sweetheart, I'll give you back your staff. I know you're too soft to pick up a real weapon.
>Took you long enough. Think how hard it would be for you to get another job if your last fighter bled out.
>Save your heals. Yeah, I know you're hurt, but I can just carry you the rest of the way. Unless you wanna drag my big ol' armored body out of the cave when I collapse because you didn't heal me? Can you even manage that with your weak little arms?
>Take that heavy armor off, you just look ridiculous. I don't care how much you spent on it, it's mine now. Next time spend money on something you can actually use. I'll just have to take even MORE hits for you, I guess, and you can stick with your old breastplate.

>healers
Nice meme. I'll be over here using self-buffs that provide me regeneration, protection and other assorted bonuses.
The idea of a dedicated healer is retarded, because it introduces "the weakest link" into the party. Geek the mag-- I mean, healer, and the entire party shits its pants.
It's better to plan the performance of your party so that any single failure in your party doesn't lead to the failure of the entire party.

>My little brother is the worlds biggest roly/poly
Your little brother is fat?

4e actually uses that deliberately in defining its roles. The defender is the least appealing target, what with lots of hit points and strong defenses; the leader is a keystone, the controller is squishy, the striker is dangerous. The role revolves around making enemies attack you anyway.

Not that I totally disagree with you, but differentiating abilities can lead to more interesting combat. It's entirely reasonable for players/characters to think "maybe I should have a contingency in mind in case we lose our [blank]" (so the healer prepares some defensive spells in case the fighter falls, the fighter takes some non-standard skills in case the rogue falls, and the rogue carries some healing potions in case the healer falls), but that doesn't mean you should toss out or even particularly water down specialization.

Yes.

This is something I enjoy greatly.

I'm just saying that planning your party abilities so that the lack of healer would necessarily result in total party wipe is piss-poor planning.
As you noted, you should always have a contingency so that shit like ">Things the party can do that will cause the healer to let them die.", i.e., the lack of cooperation from healer wouldn't make you necessarily die.

That's all well and good.

The way you initially phrased it sorta made it seem like you were disparaging the concept of a dedicated healer. But if you just meant "plan as though you could lose your healer", then I agree with you.

To be fair, if this was real life and not just a game, it would be somewhat retarded. I mean, I get it, it's more efficient to separate the roles, but being completely dependent on something that is fragile and can fail at any moment is not a sign of competent design.

>be city of heroes defender
>Everyone gets speed boosts and kinetic reversal for hundreds of % more damage, lower cooldown rates, and faster energy regen

The only guy I let die is the one that insisted he didn't want speed boost. I refuse to uave teammates that aren't fast. So I reduced inertia and speedboosted him as h was running so he flew directly into high level enemies on his own.

Gotta go fast. Or else.

Hello, I am a healer and I do the bullying.

Now who wants to know who's scum?

>Sandraker attempts to play a support class

Wait... this is in Chinese and not in elf runes

As a death/grave cleric, being a resurrected character will ensure I will not heal you, hell, I might even try to kill you.

There's F-list for a reason user.

If I were gay, I'd absolutely help you fulfill your degenerate desires.

I'm with you. These dumb fucks need to learn how to work together if I'm going to keep everyone alive.

Finding a party of subs, however, is rather difficult.

Very little apparently. Our medic still heals me despite hatred

Reminder that the only people who play mercy are waifufags and girls who are in plat.

>This always pissed me off.
It's a pretty basic rule. The healer is the one who controls the party's most precious resource: hp aka not-dying points. Either you go at their pace or you die. That's not the cleric being a dick, that's common sense. I want to make a modern military comparison, but there's simply nothing that compares to the not-dying potential of a cleric in real life.

"Upon this a question arises: whether it be better to be loved than feared or feared than loved? It may be answered that one should wish to be both, but, because it is difficult to unite them in one person, is much safer to be feared than loved, when, of the two, either must be dispensed with. Because this is to be asserted in general of men, that they are ungrateful, fickle, false, cowardly, covetous, and as long as you succeed they are yours entirely; they will offer you their blood, property, life and children, as is said above, when the need is far distant; but when it approaches they turn against you."

-Niccolo Machiavelli

Sums up my experiences in bootleg medicine fairly well.

>Inb4 "b-but Machiavelli was writing satire"

>Finding a party of subs, however, is rather difficult.
It's also difficult to find a good dom, who doesn't just think it means "you do what I say no matter what because I'm a dom".

How is the fact that he was writing satire not relevant? If someone takes what he says at face value, it kinda indicates they're just being dumb. Next thing you know they'll be eating Irish children and waging war over how to eat their eggs.

Found the Medic/Nurse/Doc. Scene safety!

Nigga I'm a LE cleric. Pay your bills or I'll work it out of your resurrected corpse.

My response, on the other hand is "Oops. Looks like I cast Cause Serious Wounds instead of healing. That's okay, I'll just raise some dead to fill your roll until you get better."

"Yes. Yes I could still cast Cure Serious Wounds. It's not your body that needs fixing."

In my experience it's the healer who bullies everyone else.

Especially the tank.

>Pay your bills or I'll work it out of your resurrected corpse.
So your god is Yahweh?

Smoke all the meth

youtube.com/watch?v=s_CbMMZ0WgQ

Jumping out of the armored vehicle and charging directly into enemy fire, because you were pissed that the APC wasn't moving fast enough for you

>If someone takes what he says at face value, it kinda indicates they're just being dumb
Not only is there no real evidence that his writings were satirical, but a straight-faced reading of his works is pretty pragmatic and close to the real nature of man. Part of me believes that the satire thesis is supported by those unwilling to believe in the vile nature of man and how dirty politics is and always has been. Good guys do finish last. For example, there was a research showing that succesful politicians and bankers are disproportionately likely to have psychopathic tendencies.

forbes.com/sites/victorlipman/2013/04/25/the-disturbing-link-between-psychopathy-and-leadership/

If that's not Machiavellianism in action, I don't know what is.

>Next thing you know they'll be eating Irish children
Abortion is legal in most of Europe and North America, and it basically uses A Modest Proposal's core "teaching": the inconvenient are killed off for the sake of convenience.

The biggest failure of Marxism and modern Humanism alike is its belief in the mallable man, and a denial of humanity's intrinsic nature: vile, putrid and beastly.

> Mutual affectionate bullying

I didn't know I wanted this.

Unfortunately, I am not.

even if it were true, how is it relevant?

Who doesn't like teasing? Lame people, that's who.

And inevitably, it leads to the healer staying up late patching up the fighter's wounds, chiding the fighter for diving in front of that arrow. The fighter says "You'd probably pass out from a paper cut, wimp." The healer says "I think you just like making my life miserable, don't you? You won't stop squirming when I'm working on you, you don't listen when I tell you to avoid strain--" The fighter interrupts "because every ten minutes I have to help you lift your stupid backpack or beat up the monster that's gonna eat you, you brat." "Oh, please, you're just obsessed with being the big hero, you smug asshole. I can fight monsters, too, you know, you just couldn't stand to let someone else get credit for it," the healer snaps back.

The healer doesn't ask "why didn't you just let the arrow hit me?" and the fighter doesn't ask "so why didn't you just leave me to die?" because they both already know the answer.

Almost immediately after he was unceremoniously kicked out of office, then tortured and exiled by the ruling family of Florence for an unverified crime he denied committing, he then turned around and wrote a book uncritically praising the glory of dictatorial rule. How silly of people to think otherwise.

Not relieving her stress after setting up camp.

>praising the glory
More like the effectiveness. To my knowledge The Prince contains no moral judgement, merely "this is the shit that works".

>Throw tantrum
>Still die because yelling at the rain to fall harder doesn't work

Move at the healer's pace or become a corpse, meatbag.

Usually when I play DPS in RPG or vidya, I'm too busy bullying the enemy healer to worry about our own. That's the tank's job.

>girls who are in plat.
what?

I bet you are tons of fun to play with.

>you'll get replaced by someone who can actually keep pace with the rest of the group, simple as that
Healers are to RPG groups what drummers are to garage bands. Good luck with that.

>>Calling me a healslut.
>Great way to get me to never heal you.
Why so uppity, missy?

Not that healer, but how'd you like to be called armorfucker or tank-bitch?

If I was a skanky girl who wanted it from the whole party, I'd understand.

Outpacing your logistics and supply lines and wondering why you're suddenly out of bullets and gasoline

Simple, if they do something I find morally reprehensible. If I am being a healslut, then I'm playing a religious healslut. If someone who to commit a major sin (murder-raping babies, not stealing.) in my religion, I am unable to heal them

>armorfucker
yes

Not stealing is a major sin in your religion? Wtf what kind of god do you healsluts worship?

Apparently that healslut worships a god of thievery and/or trickery.

...I love this.

Cause a schism in the group deliberately and get kicked from the party, you pussy.

Thank you. Banter is fun, innit?

"Just fuck already holy shit." - The Bard

I'd think some bards would appreciate the will-they-or-won't-they sexual tension. It makes for a better story, after all. But perhaps when the time is right the bard may subtly conspire a comic misunderstanding between the two that eventually forces them to blurt out their feelings for one another.

When the PC killed the healer's family and is too much of that guy to garner sympathy from other party members

Because this appears to be a /v/ thread in disguise, I'm going to go ahead and say that tank is a much more difficult and thankless job than healer. Prepare to get blamed for not fixing every stupid thing every player in the party does, get accused of being undergeared in dungeons you're completely over geared for and just helping a friend or chasing a rare item, and having people try to explain why your gear choices are shit when you die after the healer decides not to heal you for 10+ seconds during a boss battle.

Meanwhile healers get carried along for loot in dungeons where they have no business being yet, and cry any time they don't get priority.

>tank is a much more difficult and thankless job than healer
This.
People yell at you for having a low K/D ratio when you're playing the guy that bites it so they can wipe the enemy wasting damage on you.

For what it's worth user, I totally agree with you. Perma-tank here across decades of RPG's and Video Games. 95%+ of the time it's never been a problem, but yeah, that small percentage of the time when a healer bitches about pacing is stupid as hell. Sure, sometimes it is actually my fault, but the majority of the time it's butthurt assholes trying to swing around their healing dick like they're the only person on the team doing something. Drop that shit like a bad habit.