There are many types of halfling in the multiverse, but which is best? Hobbits? Jungle halflings...

There are many types of halfling in the multiverse, but which is best? Hobbits? Jungle halflings? Sneaky urban halflings?

Some day I'll make a Veeky Forums hatpost simulating website so people like you can stop posting shitty, useless trash threads just to see your garbage waifus wear clipart hats.

I ban halflings and gnomes from as options from any game I run.

Jungle halflings.....
because PCs should fear the GM

Halfling is just a derogitory term for short people in my setting.
When will they learn?

The only good halflings are the ones in pies.

I've personally a fan of hobbit halflings. Simple, village/farmer folk are fun to play as in extraordinary circumstances.

This; go hobbit or go home cause Tolkien got it right the first time around

>that's ridiculous
>checks file name
>goteem.jpg

Rabbit halflings.

>botching sage
Hownu.ru

Also, loli halflings with perky butts and child bearing hips.

All forms of "variant" halflings... whether it's jungle halflings, cannibal halflings, football-headed halflings... are desperate attempts to be original with a fantasy race that has no reason to exist other than one guy made them central to his series 80 years ago.

Go full pipe-smoking, shire-gardening, copyright-violating Hobbit

... Or go Gnome.

I honestly think Pookahs were awesome.

>go gnome

user, you card.

I'm fond of the warhammer halfling, which is basically the tolkien halfling except not treated with the same reverence. So you've got a species of preternaturally good farmers with gluttonous tendencies who tend to live as hangers on on the fringes of human society, being held in benign contempt by the big folk they depend on for protection but tolerated because of their aptitude for getting shit grown and cooked.

Lots of them move to the cities where they're much in demand for domestic service but otherwise tend to find their level as some combination of street trader or pickpocket. The hook for halflings that brings it all together and makes them interesting to RP for me is that they're very aware that everyone is bigger, tougher and more numerous than they and as a result stick up for one another more than most human families and take pride in screwing over big folk at every opportunity. Turn a halfling loose in a foreign city and within half an hour he'll have found where his own sort hang out and had a chat with them about who's married whose relatives back i nthe moot.

I prefer mine between halfling and urban, more meek and slavey like child labour than sneakthiefs.

I prefer them as a different ethnic group ot dorfs.

In my setting halflings are no-Hobbits born from the union of a no-WoW goblin and a human.

>Jungle halflings
So, bandar-logs?
>Sneaky urban halflings
So, dindus?

Lewd perv halflings best halflings.

Big-tittied Halfling whores

The fact the militia of the moot are constantly fending off encroaching undead due to being next to vampire central is pretty good

A hobbit army using Roman-themed tactics seems like it might be pretty interesting, as an alternative to them being an entire race of terrorists that sneak up and shoot you with a bow then leg it and set up traps along patrol routes for you to blunder into

Witcher's halflings, the book ones.

Buttsmithy's

>Also, loli halflings with perky butts and child bearing hips.
My nigga

What about civilized halflings from an island nation (with guns) that are surrounded by a world where everything and everyone else is a disgusting hulking primitive that only understands a dose of fire and steel, thus the halflings are working to carve out their empire to bring some civilization to the world.

What were the book halflings like?
Were they some sort of impish monster that stole children to make into more of themselves? Or were they closer to the original fat stumpy farmers? Honestly have no idea and am curious.

bump for this

I replaced my halflings with goblins.

So not!britannians?

I have no idea why he particularly mentioned them. They're basically human, only small and hairy footed. Merchants mostly. Live both in settlements and rural areas. Nothing special about them.