/srg/ Shadowrun General - Deck the Halls With Boughs of C4

...Identity Spoofed
...Encryption Keys Generated
...Connected to Chestnut Routers
>>>Login: *********
>>>Enter Passcode: *********
...Biometric Scan Confirmed
Connected to Secret Z-O North Pole Host...

>Welcome back to /srg/, chummer
>Last Viewed Files:
>Trim_The_Trees.trid
>Caroling.sklchp
>EVO_Elf_On_Shelf_Breeding_Logs.sim
>Naughty_List.hack

Personal Alerts
* Your Current Rep Score: h0h 0h0 (100% Positive)
* You have 1 new private message, titled 'Then I said, "I'm Jewish, bitch" and pulled the trigger.'
* Your Chummer > Tools > Options books list has been unchecked github.com/chummer5a/chummer5a/releases
* Cloud File Storage: pastebin.com/SsWTY7qr
* Running ExtractMrsClausAndHerNaughtyElfettes.BTL...

Your fixer comes to you with two competing jobs. One Johnson, a real straight-laced Confederate, wants you to intercept a free spirit that keeps breaking into executives' homes and leaving fossil fuels; capture is preferred, but termination is acceptable. The other, a Continental professional criminal, wants you to go to break into Renraku Plaza and help him secure the vault; should be an easy job, security is light and there's definitely no off-duty Firewatch guys flying in for the party.

You need the work unless you want to be sold for scrap before New Year's. Which do you do?

Other urls found in this thread:

forums.dumpshock.com/index.php?showtopic=29452
shadowrun.wikia.com/wiki/Detroit
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Question about Alchemy!
If I choose a contact trigger for Levitate spell. Who is in control of the levitation? Me or the guy who touch the preparation?

From my understanding, touching activate the spell, and the spell choose the nearest visible creature as its target. But other stuff is still the same, so I am still the one who control the target levitation?

An actual spirit of Christmas is finally out and about? I'll take my chances at Renraku.

Ditto, I can't Imagine what Santa Claus' Force would be but it's definitely going to be north of 12, if he isn't an outright mentor spirit.

There's more than one Spirit of each Phenomenon, you pussies.
Plus, he'd likely be a Wild Spirit instead.

That being said, Free Spirits aren't my cup of soycaf.
I agree, Renraku.

So for fun I've been trying to make a siren/mermaid type character and would like to present it to see if this is at all workable.

I started my players on their Christmas run last week.
Their Johnson is a KE detective who has no faith at all in the cops assigned to a case, so she hired the group to solve it instead.
Kids have started going missing, a total of 8 over the past couple of weeks, and the latest one was a dwarf boy. All of the children have had presents left behind wherever they were taken from.
They go to the dwarf kid's house, and the Decker hacks into the security cameras they have over the doors, to see the boy leaving the house late the previous night, following a robotic Santa. Then they check the box that got left on his bed(the present, a new trid projector, was confiscated by KE), and find a scratched-off label indicating the box came from a mall in the area.

Then the Decker checks locations of malls in the area, as well as where all the other kids lived, and finds a mall conveniently located directly in the middle of them. They head there, and find it abandoned. Session ended with them going in.

The robo-Santa is a Juggernaught being controlled by an AI, and it has an army of smaller drones dressed like elves.
Also, Santa has a grenade launcher, made to look like an ornament cannon a la Dead Rising 4.

Also, we're finishing this run tomorrow(probably).

>Friends in High Places (Grid Overwatch Division)

Possible? I mean, assuming your GM doesn't instantly slap you for it.

Yes, you're still the one in control.

As the resident system master/autist of my group, I am being tapped to help out with two player's characters for an upcoming shadowrun game. Problem is, aside from knowing that initiative is king and therefore wired reflexes (or an equivalent) are really good, I know very little about it. What would you guys suggest for a human adept focusing on guns and an orc street sam focusing on melee combat, both using sum-to-10 generation?

Entirely unofficial houserule we use in these situations; if the alchemist is within LOS, they can assert control over the spell, because it's still tied to them astrally. If not, control goes to the person who activates it.

There are qualities for being on GOD's shitlist, so I don't see why not.

If I want my cyber-cowboy to have a robo-horse, do I get a faster horse by adding walker mode to a motorcycle, or by adding a seat to a quadropedal walker drone?

I would suggest reading the pastebin, there's various bits of advice there.

12 is baseline die pool (attribute+skill) for your primary skill, 10 for secondary stuff, 6-8 for stuff you do occasionally that you still want a couple hits for. The adept will end up getting bigger pools than the street sam, but the latter should end up being more flexible with all the 'ware; specialization vs. variety.

Melee can work provided the sammy remembers gofast is key; you want to be in combat as often as possible, or you're going to get shot to death while waving your swords across the room. Partial Cyberlegs with Skimmers or rollerskates are the way to go, and some decent armour (north of 12) to see him safely there.

>implying it's actually Santa/a Christmas spirit
>implying it's not some F4 bitch that's trading on human fears and preconceptions to get away with it
>implying you don't want a down-home Southern Christmas with a spirit's hide mounted above the fireplace

Just get some astral powder and ghost that bitch

the guy with the rifle in the back disgusts me

Either way I don't think you'll be happy with the outcome, and will be stuck with a speed of 1

Secondary Propusion (Walker) gives him Speed 1, yeah.

On the other hand, grabbing a legged drone big enough for the Increased Seating mod could get him a Cheetah with 1 seat.

That said, I'd personally go the motorcycle route. Only break out the legs when in need of traversing extremely crazy terrain (or trying to make a fucking rad entrance) and have it be a horse-styled motorcycle when you actually need to go far and fast.

Thanks! Deliverying preparing via crossbow bolt is going to be so much fun!

You can't delivery alchemy through ammunition, by RAW.

Just be forewarned that Alchemy is turboshit.

hey boys, getting into shadowrun for the first time and building my first Street Sami(and probably a few extra before hand to get an idea of how generation works before I start committing), and I was wondering if I could get a run down of what books are important for building a sami. Obviously the core book, Run Faster, and Chrome Flesh, but I'm really not sure beyond that. Any advice?

Run and Gun for weapon options

Run & Gun

>reading idoru hunched over my laptop in a train at night with Neotokyo's OST on
I know cyberpunk isn't supposed to be comfy but that was realy comfy.
Merry christmas /srg/.

Don't forget your Code of Honor. That's what separates a street SAM from a street psycho.

Hard Target (and I believe the faqs too) said you can do it with arrow and bolt, just not with bullets.

you mean the quality? Yeah, it looks like a solid choice, but depends what race I end up going. I'm split between Dwarf and Nartaki right now. If I go with Nartaki then Code of Honour is a given, if I go Dwarf then I'll probably go with a character who's more lax and free. not more lethal, but not as restricted about when he can be lethal.

Then you're not a Street Sam. You're nothing more than a Razorboy.

Keep in mind that Alchemy shouldn't be your primary method of casting, even using bows and bolts. (Guns can't be used which is what is probably thinking of. Hard Targets has more but, the short of it is that you're using one of the best ways if you are going to use Alchemy.)

Now, my suggestion is to cheese things in two ways. One, learn a few emergency spells that you can go for max safe force, use no reagents, and thus waste nothing but a few hours (on them and others). Some suggesions for this include Stabalize, Armor or Deflection, [Elemental] Aura, and the like. On the other hand, occasionally prepare some alchemy using forces high enough to risk physical, but use reagents to keep it from becoming physical.

This will certainly waste reagents on more than one occasion, so keep some hunting grounds for reagents. Perhaps ask if that can be a benefit for the Home Ground quality.

It won't be great, but it'll get you a little more use out of Alchemy than most.

Can you add mods to a custom cyberweapon?

Can't I have a personal code like "not killing anyone unnecessary" that wouldn't work with the Warrior's Code because it doesn't functionally limit you? That sounds like a pretty solid warriors code to me, because it means not going out of my way to kill security grunts, while a Warrior's Code prohibiting harming the helpless would allow that rampant murder.

Then you can make your own Code of Honor. Heck, there's Avenging Angel in Hard Targets which sounds like what you're looking for.

Ignore that guy. You do not have to have the quality to be a sammie, just a functioning moral compass

Yekka, Restricted Gear at character creation is broken.

Fuck off.

No I get that, I read the rules and understood them, this isn't my first rodeo with vaguely worded powers, but I don't think not killing unnecessary people is a big enough restriction to qualify for the quality. It's just a roleplaying restriction.

I'll be honest, I already didn't give a fuck what you thought when you were saying "if you don't play this exact way you're not playing RIGHT" but it's good to see it confirmed.

I don't think you do. 'Fact, I know so. You're just another moron.

My character main thing is manipulation spell. Alchemy things is just for fun (currently only have armor, levitate and physical wall as alchemy spell). So no worry there.

Just trying to find a fun combo for future use. Maybe a bolt with elemental wall...?

man, name calling already? How dissapointing.

That's interesting. Show me the file?

Not even a file to show there. All I did was load up karma gen, grab restricted gear+claymore (then tried it out with a pain editor) and test validity.

Only if you don't know how to use it.

To be fair, it is shit on like 80% of the spell, but pretty amazing on the rest. Since it is sustaining itself, you can spam Armor, Improved Invisibility and Increase Attribute on everyone in your team.

So.. as a magician...
I can have a force 1 spell focus (4000 nuyen), bond with it for 2 karma cost.

Then spend my edge to push the limit before casting Increase Attribute [will power] on it? That seems pretty cheap when it's potentially +4 to +5 increase in my Drain resisting attribute.

I'm assuming you're talking about having a sustaining focus hold the spell for you. If so, you probably still have to cast the spell at Force 1 or it's all academic and you can only cast Improve Attribute spells at a Force equal to or exceeding the corresponding attribute's current (augmented) value. I'm not sure you'd want to risk a base Willpower of 1, though you might be able to take some kind of drugs to temporarily suppress it if you really wanna try this particular stunt.

> you can only cast Improve Attribute spells at a Force equal to or exceeding
>exceeding
Aaannnd I'm an idiot, ignore me.

...wait, no, I think I might have had it the first time? Fml, I should just call it a night and go to sleep.

Haha thanks! ...I guess I could use it on my 1 STR though...

What would you call a Dragon with a Resonance instead of a Magic rating?
Dare I say... Technodragon?

Wouldn't that have to be a drake though? Dragons are old as shit.

An impossibility?

It could be a baby dragon.

ah yes

that thing that happens like

once every thousand fucking years

so very likely.

Resonance doesn't interact with the physical realm. Dragons require magic for their bodies to function. Since Resonance is not a viable substitute for magic in that regard, the dragon cannot exist.

I find the idea of the digital world being non-physical deeply ridiculous. Everything that happens in a computer happens physically at some level.

Dra-c0der

I want to run a 5e campaign I'm starting to plan in a UCAS city that isn't Seattle. Are there any particularly well developed ones in terms of gangs and such? I thought about Boston, but I'm not a fan of the whole Lockdown thing and info for the city outside the lockdown is pretty sparse.

And? That's a device, not the Resonance. Every single technomancer action can only be performed on a Matrix-active device.
New York had a series of missions you can mine for fluff.

Hey, Yekka, is there something I'm missing? Whenever I try and put a character in Career mode, it registers an item I have as being too high in availability despite it being covered with Restricted Gear, which I have.

The item in question doesn't seem to matter, I've tried it with different things

What version are you on? I fixed the only issue I know of with restricted gear a while back, which was that if you had child items attached to the thing, it flagged the parent as being over availability.

I last updated, like, two days ago

Hrm. Upload the character file for me?

Cool, I'll look into New York.
Is there anything on Detroit? Playing in a version of Detroit that is somehow less crapsack than the real world version despite being in a literal cyberpunk future is weirdly appealing but the wiki doesn't seem to have much on it

It happens across multiple characters. I've got three different people using Restricted Gear, and all three I've had to just turn off meeting character requirements/turn up avail limit to get it to let it through.

So does has Resonance actually turned the Internet into some magical incoporeal space? Because as it is everything that you see presented on a computer screen or in VR is a result of very real and tangible stuff going on in the hardware.

I don't see a fundamental difference between a technomancer and a Mage, except that resonance comes from computers somehow and magic comes from living things.

What's the best general use motorcycle? From core or any supplements.

Resonance is to the internet as astral is to the physical world.

Dodge Scoot.

But the internet is in the physical world. It's not seperate at all.

The Astral is the magical projection of most of the physical world. The Resonance is the magical projection of the parts of the physical world that are electronic devices.

Too OP

What's so special about electronics? They're made of the same stuff as the rest of reality.

Cumulative emotional connection from billions of sentient beings? Some arbitrary tipping point of complexity where a large enough network of electronic impulses and radio signals starts to resonate with reality in some new and strange way? It being the home of an entirely new kind of digital sentient being that has unwittingly created it's own magical realm to mirror the astral with physical entities? Fuck if I know, man. It's a mystery.

Could ask the same thing about magic coming from living beings but with any fictional setting involving magic you eventually reach a point where the only answer is the axiom of "magic works this way because thats how it works in this world"

what's the biggest amount of cheese you can get out of a character at chargen (established runner, any of the chargen systems)

i've heard and seen some silly thing but i want to know what's the most powergamed stuff you've seen rolled up

I don't know if this counts, but I did this up as an exercise to see how much armour I could cram on to one character.

> A traditional style bow can be designed to
be collapsible, requiring a Complex Action to assemble.

Anyone know how big would the bow be when you collapse? I'm thinking ~the same size as collapsible scythe (and giving the same concealment modifier)

Also, I'm kind of proud of this one, could be more min-maxed by being a gun-bunny, but I think I did a good job of blending two normally incompatible elements of cyberlimbs and adept to squeeze the most power I can out of this character.

Quick spellcasting question: if I roll for force 12, using all 12 of my dice, and only get 6 hits, is it still a force 12 or force 6 spell? It's either not clear or I have poorer reading comprehension than usual.

Not much that's recent; Target UCAS has the largest section of fluff, pretty much everything else is throwaway references.
Still a Force 12 spell.

Not the guy you're replying to but i read through this one the other night when it was first posted and I >REALLY< like the idea of a 4x cyberlimb burnout adept.

It compliments nicely, adept's weaker areas are boosting stats and armour which cyberlimbs do well, and the adept makes it easier to boost initiative and skills which is kind of the weakness of the cyberlimb build, even though with this one I've opted to forego improved ability in favour of more interesting options.

31 dice in Animal Handling (Squirrels) and Animal Training (Squirrels)

Okay, but why?

I don't understand the question.

for sheer lulz and 'i swear you can't start with a t-bird' factor, i'm always a fan of Han Yolo

forums.dumpshock.com/index.php?showtopic=29452

sometimes your GM goes full meta, and makes an evil dictator mystic-adept wearing distinctive green milspec power armor....

Why can't I infect a technomancer with HMMV in chummer (using version 5.188.79)?

Specifically, if i use karmagen, I can take infected first and then throw techno on top, but can't infect someone who's already a techno. Obviously that means I can't have techno ghouls in prio or campaign mode.

Why would you want to? You can't have magic and resonance at the same time.

Well, it seems perfectly logical that being a techno should not make you immune to being scratched by a ghoul.

So what happens with a techno who gets infected? Is it automatic death sentence? Does he suddenly lose resonance? Does universe explode?

They lose all their resonance, gain a point of magic and convert all their resonance active skills to knowledge skills. I never figured out a clean way to implement it all, so I shelved it.

Do you think I could apply some of the ideas from "Little Sparrow" to a mystic adept rather than just a physad? Or is that stretching too far.

Are the mechanics mentioned somewhere?
Because I kinda skimmed through SR5 and DT and could not find anything on the subject at the first glance. The only thing I could find are possessed technos in SG, but that's pretty different.

>Infection and Resonance
>RF page 142

>What would you call a Dragon with a Resonance instead of a Magic rating?
What would you call a human made out of tachyons and dark matter?

Dragons are made out of magic. They're pure magic. If something has a Resonance rating, it's by definition not a dragon - anymore or ever.

Chicago's always a fun place, especially now that the quarantine's been lifted and Zoners are starting to cause problems for the city at large.

>Is there anything on Detroit?
Detroit is 100% Ares and a significant amount Mafia. 90% of the corporate runs offered in Detroit are one branch of Ares hiring you to run against another branch of Ares for internal reasons and 90% of the crime runs will be either for or against the Mafia.

shadowrun.wikia.com/wiki/Detroit
>Site of the global headquarters for Ares Macrotechnology, parent company of Knight Errant Security Services, Detroit is prosperous and one of the safest cities in the UCAS. It is held up as a model of balanced civic and corporate governance, with a mere two percent unemployment rate according to the 2070 census.

General use, as in you're mostly using it for commuting and not for driving under fire or whatever?

The Suzuki Mirage.

Newbie here, I'm confused by the book acronym.

Which one is SSA and which one is SSP??