Why is it that these companies are able to shit all over their fans?

Why is it that these companies are able to shit all over their fans?

Other urls found in this thread:

dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/0/709939.page
investor.games-workshop.com/2016/12/01/trading-update-5/
19485-presscdn-0-14-pagely.netdna-ssl.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/2015-16-Press-Statement.pdf
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Usually due to a lack of a better competitive market. Wizards has a stranglehold on the TCG market, and unless someone can manage to create a reasonable format that can compete toe to toe with them, there's not much we can do.

What about Hearthstone? I know its not exactly the next best thing but its something

They don't compete for the same people at all; Magic's online presence is negligible and Hearthstone literally can't have a physical presence.

Hearthstone is
A) Objectively bad
B) A video game first and foremost
And that second thing can't change

Because for all the shit DnD does wrong, the fact that Pathfinder exists makes it look like a 10/10 improvement.

But outside of the US, MTG ain't shit.
Hasbro mostly markets garbage to casuals.
GWs been slowly going down, vote with your money.

All of them received a major influx of popularity at some point and most of those people are tools who will adamantly defend those companies even as said companies bend them over the sink.
Magic saw this around Innistrad block.

>Guys WOTC has to print unplayable cards in every set.
>They can't just reprint vanilla playable cards in those sets.

Hasbro:
>makes so much money off its huge amount of properties that it doesn't have to give a shit about anything

WotC
>has such a stranglehold on the TTRPG and CCG markets that it doesn't have to give a shit about anything outside of going overboard with revisions like 4e
>no, not even the actions of its parent company, because what it makes is the tiniest drop in Hasbro's bucket

Games Workshop
>you fucks will buy that overpriced plastic garbage no matter what so it doesn't have to give a shit about anything

>GWs been slowly going down, vote with your money.

Roundtree has been righting the ship since Kirby was ousted.

Nice meme, but no.

GW's recent year over year profits doubled after currency correction.

Source?
Also, profits high because they cunting in pounds and because of big royalty from video games. The rules are still bad and models are ugly and overpriced.
And meanwhile Rountree from the Kirby's team, so GW still bad.

dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/0/709939.page

investor.games-workshop.com/2016/12/01/trading-update-5/

>so GW still bad
Yes, yes. Good boy. GW bad.

>investor.games-workshop.com/2016/12/01/trading-update-5/
> six months to 27 November 2016 are significantly ahead of those in the first half of the prior year and ahead of the Board’s original expectations.
So they just higher than previous year and still cannor recover from massive (25% if I remember correctly) sales drop in 2013?
>Yes, yes. Good boy. GW bad.
Prove me wrong Kevin.

>previous year
Yes. I said year over year.

They're HUGE. Therefore they must have HUGE GUTS.

There is nothing about doubled, only higher, which is pretty obvious since they gain more pounds.

They cite the exact number. Which can then be compared to the exact number from their detailed investor report for the previous year.

>from their detailed investor report
Specifically this one:
19485-presscdn-0-14-pagely.netdna-ssl.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/2015-16-Press-Statement.pdf

>And meanwhile Rountree from the Kirby's team, so GW still bad.
I guess my point here is that GW DIDN'T get away with it. Kirby's watch had a ton of anti-consumer practices, the company suffered to the point they had to do something and they changed CEOs. Since then GW has slowly been changing aspects of how they do some things (Start Collecting Boxes, the Armored Fist boxes, and other useful discounts. Better community relations and listening to what the community wants. For example. the points in the General Handbook are an extension of community designed tournament rules). No they haven't slashed prices on everything, but there have been noticeable improvements. They still fuck up, but there's now reason to be hopeful for improvements and I don't think "slowly going down" is accurate.

>Start Collecting Boxes, the Armored Fist boxes, and other useful discounts.
It's still just another trick since Start Collecting boxes totally useless in the game (no super-heavy, not enogh additional weapon).
>Better community relations and listening to what the community wants.
Nah it looks more like they try to replace fan made resources and events by their own to held total control over community.
>For example. the points in the General Handbook are an extension of community designed tournament rules
Yeah I am very interesting in tournament rules designed for 8+ kids.
>but there have been noticeable improvements.
Such as... forum?
>and I don't think "slowly going down" is accurate.
Well it's still could be accurate since they cannot compete with FFG and nowtrying to isolate themselves with community from the rest of industry.

Go away Ivan, no one likes you.

Go away Kevin, your company is still bad.

How's your day going though? Had a good Christmas.Must be a bit boring to be known and recognised as soon as you start shutpostin with the same age old arguments.

Abloobloobloo, I don't like gaem and they won't cater to me! I'm a special snowflake and everyone should do exactly what I want!

There are other games and minis to buy, why the fuck do you care about 40k or age of sigmas one way or the other if you're just going to play free PDF war games using dollar store army men?

Their fans are toi dumb/weak to stop buying so they live in perpetual delusion

>Implying the tabletop hobby in general is not hoarding

>you start shutpostin
Nice projections Kevin.
>s-s-s-stop tallking bad about GW, if you dislike new CEO you should just shut up

Well trained playerbase.

>Nice meme, but no.

>boxed game sets that save like 50%
>beginner sets that sell snapfits for like 30% of proper models
>genestealer cults
>ad mech
>cult mechanicus
>deathwatch
>plastic SOB
>heightened profits
>start collecting boxes for ~75
>betrayal at fucking calth
>has actually started interacting with the community (warhammer community site, facebook site)
>added actual fucking rules to the abortion that was Age of Sigmar

rountree is life

The only GW product I even own is blood bowl. I just think you've got your head jammed so far up your ass that you couldn't find a decent way to spend money unless someone fed it to you through an enema. What do you consider a decent gaming company then? Fucking mantic?

Well, when all your arguments are debunked every single thread, you are, indred, shitposting and should, indeed, shut up.

>>boxed game sets that save like 50%
>>beginner sets that sell snapfits for like 30% of proper models
>not even 500 points armies.

>>genestealer cults
Scions tier of army with ugly cartoonish models.

>>cult mechanicus
Great models, but still not a full and real armies.
>>deathwatch
Is that supposed to be a good thing?
>>plastic SOB
1) only Black Templars units, Celestine and Seraphims
2) all 3 models are body-positive thrash for SJW
>>heightened profits
Yes, in pounds.
>>has actually started interacting with the community (warhammer community site, facebook site)
>guys we didn't want to hire new game-designers, pls fix our rules for us
>>added actual fucking rules to the abortion that was Age of Sigmar
Nope, they just added the points, the rules are still 3+ to win.

>Nope, they just added the points, the rules are still 3+ to win

You mean like WHFB was? 3/4/5+ to hit and wound were the standard in that, they use used the illusion of a table.

>>deathwatch
>Is that supposed to be a good thing?

>Here is thing
>YOU THINK THING IS GOOD

So let me get this straight; GW are bad because they released new armies that had distinction and ideas that people wanted for years, but because some of them don't look 100% super serious and others are not waifs, suddenly GW are super terrible?

I'm sorry, but the SoB images look fine, and Genestealer cults look fantastic just like the blast from the past they are supposed to be

And finally

>B-But it's in pounds.

Yeah and if we convert it to your third world shitter money I am pretty sure GW still make a profit.

GW is going full SJW with those SOB-trash. Anf 40cucks will defend this.

Actually hilarious comment

Makes me think of the sisters of sigmar really.

Though I doubt Slavposter knows who they are.

>when all your arguments are debunked every single thread
Denial ≠ debunked

>3/4/5+
Still better than 3+ to kill goblin or dragon
>but because some of them don't look 100% super serious and others are not waifs, suddenly GW are super terrible?
Yep, because GW calling themselves as best miniatures in industry, but instead of this they releasing bad models for high prices.
>Yeah and if we convert it to your third world shitter money I am pretty sure GW still make a profit.
>US
>third world
Sure.

>Implying you live in the US.

Your broken english and inability to understand exchange rates makes me laugh Slavposter, also

>Not understanding the wounds system in AoS more than makes up for the to hit/to wound system

Mechanically I would say AoS is probably my favorite game out there right now, as it's more complicated than X-wing, but not bogged down in mathamatics and theorycrafting like Warmahordes or 40k.

It's simplicity is it's strength and it's a very good tactics game.

Any evidence to support that assertion, bro?

90% of WOTC's business model is:
>Buy a booster box in the hopes of getting a mythic rare that is the new modern staple.

>AoS
>good tactics game
Well, if it's your first wargame, then yes, still overpriced as fuck.

>Overpriced

AoS doesn't need to be played at 2,000 points every game bro.

Also, I said Tactics, not strategy.

Honestly? AoS is better than any others that come to mind, I'd rate it as better than Warmahordes 40k and X-wing.

>Your broken english and inability to understand exchange rates makes me laugh
I mean we're not even on /int/ but it's a notorious fact that americans are undereducated and a bit thick

>I'd rate it as better than Warmahordes 40k and X-wing.
Nah, AoS gameplay is slow bloated garbage.

>Slow bloated garbage

... What? What exactly makes it slow? Or bloated?

Because people that should be upset let them, and other people don't care unless it personally effects them. The same is true for everything.

I really would like to buy a Harlequin army. I like their fluff, they're fun to paint, and their rules are amusing. That said I don't want to buy anything from GW because I'm still sad about my Brets getting fucked. Why would I put 1-2k into something if I know they consider it an option to just nuke it into the ground and say 'Nah.' if they feel like they can't fix it? Also before someone tries to say otherwise, yes. I realize I can play with my Bret Army in AoS, but the characters are dead, the faction is dead, the hero is dead, they won't make any new models, they will not support them any further, and AoS is not even the same game as Warhammer Fantasy. I just don't want to deal with them, and I won't.

Because we will take anything.

I don't see how they can dick you when you're not forced to buy their product. It's not like you're in some kind of monthly installment contract you can't back out on when they suddenly change to unfavorable terms.

The bajillion special rules, the hundred of rerolls all the time, roll for litteraly everything, etc.
>2h for a game with 30 minis in 5 units on the table
Just no.

>The Bajillion special rules

You mean like the 1-2 per unit that are pretty easy to remember because they're specifically on the warscrolls and not in a splatbook or anything that basically resort down to

>A reroll
>Additional mortal wounds
>Save increases
>Prevention of the above.

If it takes you 2 hours for a game with 30 minis I would say you're just a fucking retard.

>le ebin rountree meme

>AoS doesn't need to be played at 2,000 points every game bro.
It's only format when games looks at least playable.
Also, even less formats aren't cheap with 35$ per model.
>'d rate it as better than Warmahordes 40k and X-wing.
Kid, pls.

Just ignore these threads. I'm pretty sure it's the same guy making these anti-GW threads. Same arguments all the time and acting like a spoiled child.

>He thinks 2,000pt games are the only format where you can play

>But then he whines like

Have you ever thought that you're just playing AoS hilariously hilariously wrong

>I spent 2,000pts on nothing but clanrats
>WHY DOES IT TAKE FOREVER!?

Oh and X-wing is the worst game ever

>You mean like the 1-2 per unit
>1-2 unique special rules per unit is something good
Ok sure thing bro. That's probably why nobody plays AoS.

>AoS is played at 2,000 poitns with 5 units
>It's hard to remember 10-20 special rules that are all either rerolls, added bonuses or mortal wounds.

Slavposter confirmed a fucking retard.

>Oh and X-wing is the worst game ever
X-wing for all its special dices, prepainted minis and counters is pretty fun to play. That's a good example of sound rules that a beginner can grasp and still interesting for a veteran.

Because people have both financial and emotional investment in the games meaning they are not free to explore the competitions product

>AoS is played at 2,000 poitns with 5 units
What are you on ?

>>But then he whines like
Different persons, and yeah here is the problem of AoS, less than 2k points it's borring abomination of 40k and warmahordes, 2k is slow as fuck.
>Have you ever thought that you're just playing AoS hilariously hilariously wrong
How exactly?

Fuck off FFG shill

It feels like a board game, like everything FF make. And I think that just feels better on a board game if you get me?

Well, what army do you play? I play Fyreslayers with a few regular dorfs mixed in and my turns go pretty quick.

>le shill maymay

>10-20 special rules that are all either rerolls, added bonuses or mortal wounds.
Wow, such interesting and variative rule-system.
Try harder shill, your game is still garbage.

>It feels like a board game
At least it feels like a game. AoS doesn't feel like a board game, nor a wargame.

So let me get this straight.

Aos is a bloated slow game that cannot be played in a lower format than it's big format because it doesn't feel big enough, and it has far to many rules that are not enough of.

So in short, GW probably costs too much in your shitty third world country so you've resorted to shitposting

Feels more like a wargame than X-wing, that only needs a board to basically be a board game.

>It feels like a board game,
>yfw a board game made by ffg is a better wargame than AoS

It's really not.

Propriety dice are terrible for Wargames.

You are replying to 4 different anons and mixing their arguments. I think that you aren't really used to post here.

GW has always used propriety dice my dude.

>But outside of the US, MTG ain't shit.
clearly you've never been to an LGS in Europe

Then it's 4 people making no bloody sense and all with terrible grammar.

For things like Scatter and Misfire, and they just make it easier for those rules to be used as Misfire can easily be done with a D6.

Propriety dice for the majority of the dice rolling is a pain.

>Propriety dice for the majority of the dice rolling is a pain.
Why that ?

They all raised valid points that you basically answered by "ur stoopid".

>it doesn't feel big enough, and it has far to many rules that are not enough of.
Lol no, it's unp!ayable for the lower formats, because it don t have interesting and well designed rules to make game better than slow movement to the middle of table with final 3+ to win, and it's long as fuck if try bigger formats.
And instead of variative rules, just as 40k AoS have shitton of "special rules" which just adding more rerolls.

>All raised valid points.

The fact that all the arguments are contradictory and they ignored most parts of my argument to get more information like "What army do you play" shows how they don't have arguments.

First of all it makes Modifiers redundant, no +1 to hit or whatever. Because of this, it makes Synergy smaller and makes things much more difficult to balance outside of the dice roll.

What army do you play that "Slowly moves to the middle of the field then hits on 3+"?

Because I play Fyreslayers, the army most like that, and I STILL have more tactical variance than most games of 40k.

GW has apparently been going down for decades according to Veeky Forums, at this rate it'll die in 2142.

>What army do you play that "Slowly moves to the middle of the field then hits on 3+"?
Any armies plays this way.
>Because I play Fyreslayers, the army most like that, and I STILL have more tactical variance than most games of 40k.
Yeah, you can move or you can stand and wait on your side of table.

>Any Army plays this Way

That's hilariously incorrect though, Considering people like Wanderers or High Elves want to dance around the enemy firing off Shots before charging and Brets just powerbomb you from the flanks like a motherfucker.

I don't think you even understand AoS tactics where breaking formations is a very real thing and model placement is paramount.

>like Wanderers or High Elves want to dance around the enemystill 3+ on the middle
>AoS
>flanking
Top fucking kek
>I don't think you even understand AoS tactics
Nope shill, I just played more than 1 game.
>where breaking formations is a very real thing
Not formations, only OP armies like Sylvaneth and Nurgle mortals, because they have shitton of heavy infantry and buffs for usual infantry.

>Any armies plays this way
no

Dude, I literally play Fyreslayers and model placement is key for me to win.

Gotta have my Battlesmiths right, my Grimwrath's surrounded and my Berzerker bubble in range of Both the runeson and Runesmiter for the ol' speedy dorf super rush.

AoS is about Synergy out the ass, hell, I even take Runemasters for the fun little dick kicking he gives Sylvaneth.

>Dude, I literally play Fyreslayers and model placement is key for me to win.
Yeah, you should deploy them if you want to have chance to roll your 3+.
Also
>he plays mirrored miniatures
Get the fuck out of here pleb.

Nice denial.

>Yeah, you should deploy them if you want to have chance to roll your 3+

>You should deploy them if you want to roll the dice

>You should play the game if you play the game

HOW DARE I?

Let's just be honest slavposter, you haven't played AoS have you?

AOS-cuck is amazing. Go on, show them shills!

>HOW DARE I?
Yes how dare you to call your 3+ circlejerk a tacticd and synergy while supporting one of worst models in wargaming.

Fans of this companies are literal cucks.

Fyreslayer range is hilariously inconsistent yes, the Vulkites can be ok to NAPOONPAN but alot of the characters are great and the Magmadroth is my favorite Warhammer Monster in a while.

Also, I only get a 3+ to wound if I use Warpicks on my vulkites, but I prefer the 4+/4+ Waraxes.

What army did you try playing Slavposter? I mean you have actually tried a game of AoS right?

>Fyreslayer range is hilariously inconsistent yes, the Vulkites can be ok to NAPOONPAN but alot of the characters are great and the Magmadroth is my favorite Warhammer Monster in a while
They ugly, poor design and unfinished "dynsmic"-like poses with MMO-tier weapons. Especially for their prices.
>Also, I only get a 3+ to wound if I use Warpicks on my vulkites, but I prefer the 4+/4+ Waraxes.
Oh sorry shill, looks like I should say
>3+/4+ citclejerk

>Aos
>game
WTF am i reading?

You mean 4+ 3+. Hitting comes before wounding m8y :^)

Pretty sure my Space Wolves are 3+ 4+ on average though.