/kdm/kdg/kdmg/ - Kingdom Death

Young survivor is not for lewd edition

Old Kingdom Death is a deckbuilding game where you try to gather as many innovations as possible to raise your Survival, and get new abilities.

>which pledge do I get?
none, go away
>add a link to inside the wall
fuck your shitty fan site
>how is shipping handled?
READ
>what new expansions are there?
THE
>why is the game not coming out till 2020?
FUCKING
>what is included in the Gamblers Chest?
KICKSTARTER
>why is this Percival best girl?
Cutest pupper for cutest girl
>what level should I pledge at for the Mage sleeves kickstarter
none of them

>Kickstarter Page: kickstarter.com/projects/poots/kingdom-death-monster-15/description
>Adams comments:
kickstarter.com/profile/poots/comments
>Pledge and addon overview: vibrantlantern.com/KDM15/#pledgelevels
>Pledge Comparator & Shipping Calculator:
stdobby.github.io/kingdomdeath/
>Miniature Count with bonus statistics:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/11ujOUYfjTFp3jOx7T4f3wl-KmxBh0hST0Spa2Q3fy2k/edit#gid=0

Other urls found in this thread:

mediafire.com/file/f2z50rbezocninj/Dead_End_-_psd.zip
ebay.co.uk/itm/122268879173
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Do we know who is lead designing the new expansions yet? I mean we can all agree Anna probabaly has the best handle on it and the best hips

Anna is helping with Paraiah at least. Other than that we have no info.

If Gorm is any indication of her magical realm, it's possible Frogdog is being handled by her too, which would make sense as she worked on the other Node 1 monsters.

To generate a bit of thread discussion, what new expansion are you most excited about?
Pic related

Shit, son, I'm happy to afford the base game. It's not that I'm poor but buying first world product on second world wage and under EU import taxes is steep climb no matter how you look at it..

Literally has one of the largest amounts (3 50mm dudes, 9 30mm dudes) of plastic of any of the xpacs and is only 40 bones.

Which one?

Red Witches

>Those rewards.
Lmao

What's this

Tell me about it. I live in China right now and just the idea that I may have to pay shipping costs when I live in the same country as the factories it comes from...
Well, let's just say I got no qualms about buying recasts to practice.

Black Knight is the one I'm most excited for but Screaming God is a close second.

the armors look so good

whats wrong with the rewards? giving way too much?

it is a custom scenario im working on. It will introduce a new type of hunt called the Dungeon.

Looking good but the rewards are way too high. Even the 'bad' roll is nice. do you have any ai cards made?

Ehhhh, 13 HP, 10 toughness, 2 bodies to deal with, generates damage tokens.
>Reward 4 basic resources.
>lvl2 4 Basic resources and 1 iron.
More like not enough. I wouldn't bother trying to hunt it.

Especially with that hunt track set up.

>the pinup looks so good
fixed

Yeah, its gonna be a bitch to balance. What isnt on this sheet is the rules for the princess, she will have her own AI and HL decks, and she uses the wound rules instead of burning her deck. Most attacks on her will trigger a big response from the guardian unless he is either down/dead or too far away. If you kill her though, he dies right away.

Fuck off, I said the armor.
i don't really care about pin ups. Even goat pubes.

>he doesn't want to bury his nose in thick goat pubes until he passes out
We don't like your kind around here kiddo

Me neither.
But I would be her dog any day of the week. And twice on Sundays.

>being a fag
The infinity general is over there;

Hey /kdg/ ,
Thank you for your feedback in last thread. As promised, here are the .psd files of the expansion ; do with them whatever you want!
mediafire.com/file/f2z50rbezocninj/Dead_End_-_psd.zip
Please also find attached the "updated" version, which mostly includes rephrasing as suggested by that kind writefag, Hit Locations I forgot to include, and a rewording of the resources description to make it less tryhardy.
I will now stop posting that shit because I don't want to derail the general so grab it while you can. In the meantime I will work on a better project which I hope I'll be able to share soon.

Godspeed, anons!

look forward to seeing your new work!

...Goat pubes? What?

Screaming God pinup

Oh. OH.

Yeah, this is pretty great.

I... is this even safe for work?

Missing the AI cards.

Someone with the Beast Lover fighting art doesn't mate with the beast if they roll a 8 or higher, because of their modifier. Likewise the 10 roll should be 10+.

Settlement Event should have "Nominate a female survivor" at the top of it, and impregnated should have the same wording/effect as Marrow Hunger. Right now you are resolving effects with no target.

>Start new settlement with friends
>Kringlefucker 9000
>Play some hunts before the holidays
>Get some good tactics, good sword, pretty beastin'
>Worried my friends will kill sweet Kringlefucker while I'm away for Christmas
>Last action of the session
>Die after miscarriage
RIP Kringlefucker 9000
"He did it all for the nookie"

>dies after miscarriage
>he

Wut.

Ball fro

Either Belt of Gender Change or a '1' on the intimacy table (Which kills both partners). Or somehow getting a disorder killed him.

I dont get your story, user

I when read the story have questions. Why does phenix bird have hands in an us and wing? Did bird grow that way with man face in mouth, or does it wear survivor? I still not understand but hands.
thanks

It begins.

all else aside I genuinely like the theme of a misbegotten creature that's the last of its kind. Much like the Dragon King but far less noble, more pathetic and desperate.

The "what's inside refuses to die" line struck a chord with me as well, I'm not sure why.

The hands are parasites infesting the flesh of the bird.

The face is because the pheonix is a time wizard wearing a magic bird like a suit.

Dressing like a bird is his fetish.

Must be my shakespearian writing skills.
Seriously though thanks user, actually getting to like the creature was the reason I tried this hard to give depth to this shit who started as shock value. Maybe one day it'll get the treatment it deserves.

They do actually, because you get a Sexual Disorder when you first get Beast Lover. Having a S Disorder means your result is treated as 6-7 whenever you roll above this.

I like it. Reminds me of Demons Souls.

Pretty much the only expansion I'm tempted to get, as the first campaign didn't have much in the way of nemesis replacers.

Don't you basically need to get Pariah along with them? Their lore is linked and you need Pariah for the minicampaign.

Hand is parasite? Like monster? Can survivor get one?

Why type? Like a retard?

Just ignore him senpai.

If she's not for lewd then why is she so sexy?
Checkmate Atheists.

To bait you. Now why don't you have seat over the lantern hoard?

It's also the first xpac to have a multi body battle, which sounds legit since all the red witches are different and have different attacks.

It's an appropriate amount of rewards for a nemesis encounter.

It's a terrible amount of rewards for a quarry.

Go look at what the Lion God gives as rewards, and realize that people still don't hunt it because its rewards are too shit compared to the alternatives.

Any non-spoiler tips for facing the phoenix? Just unlocked him and kind of wary. Not sure if I should wait a while before fighting it.

Don't have any specializations due to not reading that rule until too late. Have 2 rawhide sets, 1 white lion set, katars, kings spear, scrap sword, and counterweight axe plus a few assorted items like monster grease.

If you've got a Cats Eye Circlet, Dash and Surge, and some decently insane survivors (7+) then you've got a good shot right now. Otherwise, go get yourself a Cats Eye Circlet, that shit is golden. A Zanbato wouldn't hurt you either.

Level 1 Phoenix isn't too awful if you're smart with your survival actions. Level 2 Phoenix is where it starts to get hairy.

I have the gear but no insane survivors. I still have the Voice of Reason, but would 1 insanity a turn be enough?

The Phoenix rewards bringing highly insane survivors due to fight mechanics which are [spoilers]. It's kinda the opposite of the Antelope in that sense. I wouldn't say it's mandatory, though, but it definitely helps.

As long as you've got Cats Eye Circlet, Dash, Surge, a respectable survival limit (6+), and respectable weapons and armor then you can probably hunt a Phoenix yeah. Just be smart about the Survival Actions and abuse dem flows.

Currently have a survival limit of 3, so something may have been done wrong. Might innovate a few more times before facing off against it.

Thanks, user!

Damn, at LY7 you only have a survival limit or 3? Man, what have you even been innovating?

Definitely go hunt that Lion until you get Ammonia, and get yourself some survival innovations. You'll need them for L2 fights as well -- there's a lot more movement in harder fights and a lot of times a survivor has to dash every turn just to be able to attack.

I want the inverted mountain campaign, but I don't really want to get the Pariah or the triplets. What are the odds I can just swap in some of the other expansions for them?

Pretty high.

I'm not getting the meme pepedoggo or the anus moth so I imagine you can just slot in a Gorm or waht have you.

>What are the odds I can just swap in some of the other expansions for them?
At this point, impossible to say. This has been one of the biggest questions since the Inverted Mountain Campaign was revealed, but Poots immediately fucked off after showing it and so it hasn't been answered.

Basically, ask again in a week's time and we should have an answer for you. Until then, assume the worst.

There is the node system he will introduce, so I'd think it wouldn't be that hard to swap creatures out unless there are some specific gear you need from a IMC monster.

Thats what I'm mainly worried about, if events, gear etc specifically mention on of the monsters I don't have. I just want to live on the side of a mountain. I don't know why, but I feel something in my bones that says the Pariah is going to be the most annoying fight in the game.

>unless there are some specific gear you need from a IMC monster
Such as, you know, the Mountain Dungeon Armor Set and Hybrid Armor Sets that we already know is in the expansion?

Swapping nemesis monsters, in particular, would be the most hairy because those tend to have story events corresponding to them that might not play out so well.

Nah that's garbage. Don't be stupid.

Especially if there's a node system being introduced. That means everything will be easier to swap in and out since they're designed to be modules.

If you're fine with not being able to craft any of the armor included in it and having to houserule your way through fixing up the storyline then sure, go ahead, pass on buying the things the expansion says are mandatory to use it with. But don't come crying back here when you get your shipment and realize you were a retard.

I'm thinking about getting into the Kickstarter because I really want to paint some of those beautiful beasties (the Phoenix and The Watcher in particular have my brush hand twitching), but am concerned if the game is worthwhile, given that it seems rather obtuse and bloated. Would you lot say the game is worth the price tag, or would I be better off just buying the miniatures I really want on their own?

>not being able to craft any of the armor
overstatement of the year lmao

>houserule your way through fixing up the storyline
You still have them if you get the baldmanguy as he gives you the rules for it, so you can swap in whatever.

>Dude mentions 2~ expansions you'll be able to get later anyway if you really want them
>Being this much of an anus
lmao

I bought it for the minis, was not disappointed with the game either.

You can always try the game on TTS

I'm excited for the red speakers. They seem like the most interesting fight out of all of the expansions. I am not looking forward to the pariah, as the inverted Mountain rings sound like it's going to be auto death if you get knocked down or something.

Wouldn't be the first auto-death in a Nemesis fight.

Honestly, more than the fight itself, I want to see the inverted survivor minis.

I can tell you, as someone who just started playing, it is way simpler, and more organic than it seems. The rules are pretty well written, and easy to track. My group, who were intimidated by the size of the games, easily took to it, and we are having a blast.

As a big, big fan of the game, I cannot look into my cards and not somewhat agree with "bloated".

But at the same time, I just want more.

I've never heard of kingdom death but who is this cutie patootie in the OP?

Where do I sign up to protect her smile?

Young Survivor. She's a new model that will be released sometime later on.

For $250 you get 28 highly customizable 32mm scale minis, 4 monsters, and 3 nemesis. And you get a game on top of that.

More than that, actually. It's 29 mix-and-match armor kit minis, a total of 8 non-armor kit human minis, 3 monsters and 5 nemeses (counting the Watcher and Gold Smoke Knight as nemeses).

Young Survivor will be part of the core game that ships next summer.
Oh right, I forgot that the core box is getting upgraded now that you mention it. So it is up to painter user to decide if it is worth it.

been on the fence over this game for years

Honest to goodness question right here:

how good is it for single person play?

I am planning to get into it eventually, but if it's actually not worse than Hitler in the setup and task juggling department then I might dive in sooner.

Its great to play as a single player game, plenty of other lonely people do it.

I've got 48 hours logged on TTS solo. Solo play offers the unique advantage of not having to coordinate with your group on top of everything else

It's up there with Mage Knight and COIN games in terms of solo experiences, personally. I fuckin' love it.

sounds like I'll take the plunge this time around.

I some of the ideas that have been presented since launch, so hopefully this game has no where to grow but up.

Does anyone have a good large scan of the Apotheosis (Female) art?

I need it for reasons.

I can provide a photo but not a scan

As long as its not grainy, large, and not at an angle i'm okay with that. .

I'll give you something that's grainy, large, and at an obtuse angle too...

if your leg is grainy then you might wanna see a doctor.

>replying to such obvious bait

>stormknight

:

I tried loading up the dino-scanner just for you user, but no luck. Here's what I could manage with the picture.

That's good enough for me! thanks for your effort.

>comes out sideways
fuck's sake

Cool

ebay.co.uk/itm/122268879173
What a world we live in.

Any tips for facing butcher the first time?

Bring Bandages.

Got two with bandages

Then you should be decently alright. Other things which help are monster grease as he's already quite inaccurate for a monster and non-frail weapons as he does have super-dense hit locations.

Oh, and don't bother with luck, since he can't be crit anyways.