What's a good...

What's a good, not too rules intensive system that would be well suited to playing a group of high school students investigating supernatural phenomenon? In this case supernatural being less on the Cthulhu-esque side and more based on Abrahamic mythology and local folklore. Would something like FATE work? I don't actually know much about it.

Other urls found in this thread:

devilscandycomic.com/comic/prologue-01
mega.nz/#F!u9UQjQwb!4HgecF6CpQTcgWQVLxi6RA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Obligatory GURPS suggestion, because if you want to play anything that's not high-fantasy, cyberpunk, or wargames, it's always GURPS.

Generally the Moby Dick of RPGs, the unattainable prey, is a good investigative game.

So, what the fuck, diss that entirely and consider something like Monsterhearts.

I have actually considered GURPS pretty heavily, but I'd rather not have so much crunch.

GUMSHOE has earned a lot of praise as a basis for investigation focused RPGs, I'd give that a look first.

Either Unknown Armies or Trial of Cthulhu.

Actually wait a minute, I'm stupid. Chronicles of Darkness: The God Machine Chronicles would work.

Bubblegumshoe.

If you would like a persistent sanity mechanic, then Cthulhu Dark, all the way.

>Would something like FATE work? I don't actually know much about it.
It could; I recommend Fate Accelerated over Fate Core unless you want to put some extra time into it, tuning it to suit your game more firmly.

I second nWoD 2e/Chronicles, there are some rules but they're pretty simple for mundane mortals. I've heard good things about Fate, but never played it.

Silver Rain

Absolutely this. Bubblegumshoe is meant for campaigns oriented around more adolescent/teen PCs, isn't it?

I've been wanting to give it read but I don't think I've seen a download yet...?

Monsterhearts covers just such territory. Teenage investigators at the high school, and rules light. As long as you are happy with their characters being part of the supernatural, like in Buffy.

Unknown Armies 3rd Edition.
The mystery is an objective, each clue is a milestone, roll to solve the mystery. Next Objective is what they're gonna do about it. Flavour with magic and stress for taste.
Though it may end up more Higurashi than Haruhi, though.

>used though twice as the beginning and end of the same sentence
Goddamn it

Savage Worlds

trail of cthulhu

>highschool supernatural investigation
>not playing in a supernatural highschool setting
devilscandycomic.com/comic/prologue-01

100% the sort of thing I'm looking for, thanks anons, now to find the pdf's.

>supernatural rubberfootwear
mega.nz/#F!u9UQjQwb!4HgecF6CpQTcgWQVLxi6RA

Bubblesleuthing unfortunately isn't freely available as of this point. Gotta buy it at drivethru or something.

Thanks buddy