Could not find a proper image on the morning edition

Could not find a proper image on the morning edition

>Freshest Rules in Epub (Use Readium for PC or Kobo on Android)
mega.nz/#F!Wl5DAbCb!TYxZG4CgX_x-NJu7JBwbZQ!2tgBUTYI

>Older stuff in PDFs:
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>As current as the FAQs get
games-workshop.com/en-GB/Rules-Errata

>40K 7th Edition Quick Reference Sheets:
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef.pdf

>Forge World Book Index:
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

>The Black Library (Dragons are red, Avengers are blue, the Wraithknight is huge, and he's going to kill you):
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q!c4pGAJDb

>List Builder if BS doesn't add enough bloat for you
webapplications-webroster.rhcloud.com/rc/web/#/rosterCreator

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Pq-6aj9sNvo
ebay.com/itm/Space-Marines-Limited-series-/172460380652?var=&hash=item28277091ec:m:mAjY8eF91DkwXO3XuwD6OFA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

You forgot the title.

so plastic Sisters are happening. crazy, right?

>Sisters of Fattle

I don't have the codex in front of me: What's the formation bonus?
Why take two detachments when one can field the same models. GK and SS can be made into units and can operate independently once on the field, no need to maintain coherency. Further, I think SS gets fireteam? So if you have on

5th for Eldar are fucking bullshit and Phil Kelly needs the shit beaten out of his limey fucking ass

6th for the 4-Armed-Emperor

Anyone got the instructions for the goliath rockgrinder and deathwatch Kill team?

Reminder that "gods" in 40k actually suck all the ass and balls you can imagine and then some:

youtube.com/watch?v=Pq-6aj9sNvo

Are those heretics spontaneously bursting into flame when Celestine shows up?

Because that's fucking awesome.

Are Instruments of Chaos considered necessary or good? Trim the fat off of this.

Yes

Sister Famulous opens the negotiations.

Tacticool Acolytes. Beside the MSU SoB, the rest is kind of a joke list.

She apparenty kills Greater Daemons just by showing up, so yeah, probably.

Has to be a pain in the ass to try and travel the galaxy when you light everything on fire by the might of your holy aura.

on fast units if you are deep striking things in. I use them on Plague Drones.

Question. What Space Marine kits come with a Narthecium for Apothecary-making purposes? I suppose the basic Command Squad does, but do Terminators get one too?

(Posted in the last thread right before it died)
Hey Veeky Forums, me and my friend are looking to get into 40k and want to know what edition we should start on (possibly also essential book suggestions)
For reference, we like older MTG better than newer MTG, 3.5 D&D opposed to 4 (5th is ok), and vanilla WoW rather than new WoW, so we are a bit traditionalist. Hate dumbed down fluff and stuff like that, but aren't super competitive and love story/RP.

Any help would be appreciated, also if anyone knows of a place to cop the books online that'd be great.

Asking about instruments, not icons

Theory crafting a WoM list. Thoughts on this please Anons?

The Deathwing Terminator box does.

What are you expecting the acolytes to do?

Only the impure burn in her light. Really the only inconvenience would be finding out just how many people are corrupted in the areas you travel through.

>Welcome to Thantalos Prime Great Saint. As the leader of the Ecclisarchy here I would like t- *incoherent screams*

This game doesn't work like that bro, latest edition or go home, current 40k may be full of That Guy but overall the game has improved for the best. Playing previous editions will only make the game worse for you.

No. only command, and just one.

There's some forgeworld stuff too but that's like 2 marines for 23£

my bad, well instruments are only worth if you plan on deepstriking, as they can pull others through

so unless you plan on chain deep striking those, cut them

Saint Celestine on a tour of the Imperium would result in worlds burning. Chaos would be jealous of how efficient she is at it.

if its just their group they could choose an addition and play in it though, of course depending on what armies they choose will affect what edition they will want to play

Ok, one more time, Icons are for deepstriking, Instruments help with the combat results and instability, I am NOT asking about Icons, I am asking about instruments.

The ones in the Valk with the Astropath, basically deepstrike in a suicide mission.

The others? Just Gunboat Chimeras, might just use the old Acolyte squads and add 10 point psykers.

People still play 2e games occasionally. AFAIK that's the only non-current edition that gets any real love, though.

look again and I answered, if you are just using them for combat results and instability they are not worth it.

The other rule that allows you to pull through another unit out of reserve is the only reason to ever use them.

Ok, I guess its good that the current edition is good enough to be overall accepted, thanks

So why the hell is Canoness Veridyan taller than a Space Marine?

manlets, when will they learn

scale creep

see; any human miniature made after the plastic cadians came out

high heels

I can't think of too many of the new humans that tower over the Marines even with scale creep.

oh mb I completely forgot they did the other thing with deeptrike. Basically any unit that would take an icon would take an instrument, but otherwise take neither. Gotcha.

her waist is at his shoulder levels, those would be some big high heels for her

She's on tiptoes and powerheels while the marine's busy taking a dump.

that plus scalecreep.

Good posture?

Bit of a sensitive query, I don't mean to ruffle any feathers but are chinese recasts any good?
I found these on eBay and they seem pretty choice.
ebay.com/itm/Space-Marines-Limited-series-/172460380652?var=&hash=item28277091ec:m:mAjY8eF91DkwXO3XuwD6OFA

Seriously wound allocation rules in the past were beyond fucked up. That being said, at least back then assault was a viable concept. That's the only reason I can think of to play previous editions: some of you want to play assault and do well with it.

Bump?

>she will never dominate you

At least my Not! SoB won't look so odd

Rule question here.

If IW can't take marks of chaos as per their limitation, does that mean I can't take a Daemon Prince as an IW HQ since Daemon Princes have to take a mark of chaos ?

Second question : If I can take a DP for my IWs, is it worth it to equip him with the 2+ armor thingy to get a rerolable 2+ save ?

Aren't marines around a head higher than normal humans?

She must be the size of a mini-van tipped on it's side!

In 40k shooting edition is first turn too important? Discuss.

For their price, yes
Particularly if anything from FW
I see them selling the FW GUO for around $40, considering FW sells it four about $120, well 1/3rd the price is really hard to beat, even if there's a loss in quality.

Not even a half damn hour, not /b/ here.

Thoughts on imperial agents now that it's been alive for a bit?

Loss of servo-skulls is a nasty hit, but I'm finding I'm more annoyed by the loss of razorbacks, as they were the only way to get anti-tank higher than strength 8 into a list without paying for landraiders.

Was there anything positive coming out of this book besides accessibility for those that don't like digital sources for whatever reason?

Also what even is the point of the valkyries under current rules.

To be fair she's standing upright and he's in the perpertual Space Marine squat-hunch thing they do (see also: Dreadnoughts)

DP don't have marks of chaos, the have the Daemon of rule, so yes you can use them.

If you have the Sisters digi-dex and the FAQ the only reason to pick the book up is for the Priest detachment for allies, otherwise it offers nothing for the eight people in the world (counting me) who play Sisters.

Not really, you know who goes first before deployment, as long as you play with proper amounts of terrain and don't deploy like an asshat you'll be fine, also seize the initiative is a thing, and several armies have ways to manipulate this. Considering that none of those are used in a competitive scene, it's safe to say, no.

I considered 15 minutes appropriate. The generals move pretty fast these days.

Also where the fuck did (You)s go?

>S8
>What are Dominions with Meltaguns and Immolators.

No but I get your point. That said the old Inqusition codex is still valid.

You can use the Inqusitorial Representi with the old Acolyte Squad. Due to same faction stupidity, and actually use a Valkyrie in case you want one with dudes inside from the start.

Acolytes can take them, which is a thing. Technically they might not be able to start in them depending on how you look at the rules, but I'm pretty sure it's RAI that they can.

they cried for them to be removed, they got their wish

Thanks for the clarification.

Is it worth it to pay for the relic tho ?

not many humans wear heels

about marine size (like basically all non-FW humans made after the perry twins stopped doing guard)+straight leg posture+platform heels means she's going to tower over the traditional marine squat

I'd rather they implement forced anonymous trips.

According to Blanche all humans wear heels.

pfft space muhreens more like space manlets

Tau, GSC and the new Khorne first turn charge are all extremely powerful with first turn to the point of winning the game if the dice go well before the other player can act. Yes this is rare but the relative strength of it happening is interesting to talk about imo.

you already could since IA2, which is why it's left me just scratching my head.

higher than strength 8. even deathwatch or grey knights can't help since the best they can bring to the party is S7 or 8. Meltas might be a thing but none of the ally options in warband are fast enough to deliver them effectively.

it's left me with a pretty huge hole in capability since I play fully =][=, and I'm sitting here hoping based forgeworld will provide.

Except for Rubrics. Maybe it's because they don't poop.

Is IT possible to convert the betrayal AT calth Box to Grey knights Or is that a stupid idea?

if you plan on using him to melee units to death and never be flying, probably.

I honestly cannot say as my DP just fly around and summon or use mind bullets most the time

>Is IT possible to convert the betrayal AT calth Box to Grey knights

Not really. Setting aside that the armour doesn't fit grey knights at all, the weapons are completely wrong.

Just play the old Inquisition Codex. Thanks to the wording one can safely assume neither 6e SoB nor Inquisition are replace by Imperial Agents.

Because if that was the case then GK and DW would be replace by IA. But this is GW so who knows.

They can stand upright since they don't need diapers.

the armor design is very different, from the psychic hood built into the back of the armor, the vambrace stormbolter, and lack of the right weapons. you'd need to order half a kit in parts just to make it work, much easier to just use a proper kit.

>anti-tank higher than strength 8
Why would you want it?

8/1-melta is infinitely better AT weapon than 9/2-nothing unless you're facing ceramite plating.

exocrine are $79 and this might be the first time i agree with a pricing of a model. That thing looks so fucking huge

Any codex that's still for sale is valid. As C:=I= and C:AS are still listed on both iTunes and the BL site they're definitely valid.

>4-Armed-Emperor
COMMISAAAAAAR!

I want to get into 40k, but I'm too autistic to learn from reading books.

Are there a series of video tutorials online, or at least commentated gameplay videos? I can find some myself, but I want that Veeky Forums recommendation.

BL site and 40k FB posts both point to replacement of digidexes by ImpAg.

from the black library website:
"The rules in this eBook are also available in Codex: Imperial Agents, fully revised and updated along with new detachments plus rules for adding even more servants of the Emperor to your army."

I can't do it, Veeky Forums.

There is no army that meets all the criteria I want for an army. I've considered every permutation of every army and none of them have hooked me.

It's not a case of not liking the fluff. I like the fluff of every army. It's that there's no army that meets what I want in gameplay/models.

Well what do you want?

sucks to be you, I guess

leave and never come back then

Range is usually the biggest reason. Excluding the Exorcist (which doesn't have the melta rule) Sisters have no anti-tank weapons with a range of more than 24". Most of it needs to be in 6-12" to be effective against medium and heavy armour which is a downside to the army.

Mind you that doesn't make Sisters unplayable, but you need to do more than build gunlines to win with them. Maneuvering tactics are a must.

>if eyes exhibit a purplish hue, immediately shoot them
Sounds like Cadians are going to have a lot of friendly fire incidents in this war.

>I want to get into 40k, but I'm too autistic to learn from reading books.
It's alright, even the ones doing video battle reports get EVERYTHING wrong.

Range. lascannons are effective turn 1. meltas require time to close to target in inquisition lists because there is no suitable delivery method that is faster. (I'm considering allied DW for that purpose)

Find a model that sells you on the army. That's how I got into Sisters: I saw the Exorcist tank and was hooked by its lunacy.

Scaled so bases match.

What do you want?

Thousand Sons are big guys.

Facebook and Mail said both are still valid. GW sent mixed messages all over the places and now we wait for the FAQ to solve their incompetence.

Again with the stupid wording of the Codex, if they replace the codex then they replace GK and DW. The stupid shit has the same exact wording.

At this point I do not care for servo skull since fucktard abuse it a lot. Looking at you Tau player with random Inquisitor with servo skulls.

Ok, then quit and never return.

good thing they have hats

>Not hordes
>Footslogging
>Preferrably (but not necessarily) non-Imperial
>Fairly easy to paint
>Effective basic troops
>All plastic (or at least easy to convert the non-plastic stuff from plastic models)

The closest I've found is Death Guard CSM, but I'm just not a huge fan of the Nurgle aesthetic.

You do realize 1/3 of his height is full hat, right?
TS more like TF2sons

So eldar?

by foot slogging you mean no transports or they all have to be on foot?

>>Fairly easy to paint
Drop this shit. Either learn how to paint and put effort or resign and play whatever your weak skill allows you to paint.