In any setting where necromancy exists and is evil, people would never burry their dead...

In any setting where necromancy exists and is evil, people would never burry their dead, instead they would do everything they can to completely burn bodies.

Jesus Christ, Ivanka is like an 11/10

Well, that depends on how common necromancy is. It it's very rare and illegal, then people probably wouldn't bother. Grave robbing and necrophilia are real things, but they didn't stop people from traditionally burying corpses.

Hahahah yes, but people think: "No surely this would not happen to me AAAAAAARGH *makes zombification noise* brrr i am a zombie FEAR ME desu sempai :3"

you have terrible taste

>your soul can get tormented for eternity
>¯\_(ツ)_/¯

You got rituals to prevent that kind of things, like wakes.
And maybe incinerated people come back as angry ghosts or fire elementals.

>bring back the jobs
>bring back the dead
>the dead compete for jobs with the living
>underemployment stays constant
>the living envy the dead
>try to deport the dead to hell
>it fails, no room left in hell
>try to impose sanctions on hell
>hell stops taking our sinners in retaliation
>living world piles up with hell-bound dead who can't pass on
>underemployment and crime get even worse
>living and dead alike try to escape to heaven
>most are turned back to face the hell that earth has become
>some manage to jump the pearly gates
>heaven sets up processing centers in purgatory to decide what to do with them
>we are all refugees
>people find solidarity in their suffering and rejection
>realize that this world is all we have
>stop hating each other so much over labels like "living" and "dead"
>people learn to make this world work for everyone who is stuck here

We'll, you could always grab her by the pussy or something.

This is litterally the most common answer humans ever gave to this realization.

Your taste in women is like a babby.

Also, it depends on the setting.
Does your soul stays in here when it's animated, or is it another spirit possessing it ? Maybe they move because they are animated with magic as if they were automatons, instead ?

So yeah, it could be an anwser, but there's a lot of different posibilities going on.

(but if it is considered "evil", then it's true that there's probably more to it than just moving corpses going on)

Only if you are rich, powerful and famous enough, and I am betting user isn't any of these things.

Good job user.

>burning

Pls. Though that hinges on animals not gaining sentinence and magic powers from eating human flesh.

also his hands probably aren't small enough.

>no hips
>barely any tits
>plastic face
>split ends
>skinny-fat
>knobbly knees

Basically it depends on how necromancy works, if necromancy is just unlifing the body with negative energy or something and not capturing or fucking with the soul itself then there's no harm either way except "dignity of the dead".

You're also ignoring the flipside of things, if you can unlife a body AND put the soul of the deceased into the body you could keep dead heroes and warriors on "retainer" if you ever needed their help again

it's SKY burial, not air burial.

And that's dependent on there not being any cats or large ground based mammals who might drag your dead family members' body parts back home.

maybe, but do you really want the Donalds seconds?

Do you want animated hands grabbing people by the pussy?

>Your soul can get tormented for all eternity if you are excommunicated
>People still willingly did things that got them excommunicated
People are very good at not giving a fuck.

>In any setting where necromancy exists and is evil, people would never burry their dead, instead they would do everything they can to completely preserve bodies
Every christmas, grandma visits and occupies her old body but she also had a regeneration spell cast on it, so now she looks like a superhot 24 year old. Christmas dinners are always awkward.

This would make sense in a setting where zombie attacks were a constant and pressing danger, but otherwise nah.

University fresher week is gonna be literally nightmarish.

People used to believe in people spontaneously turning into vampires after death and even then they didn't bother burning them.

>People used to believe in people spontaneously turning into vampires after death
Probably in the same way people now 'believe' that vaccines cause autism.

>destroying the body disrespects the dead and people believe they cannot be in the afterlife

Ash wraiths...

That's kind of like saying everyone would have their appendix removed because it might explode.

Pretty much this happens in Rokugan in the L5R setting.

would make a good introduction to a creepy game with a necromancer as the villain... players arrive in a region they've never been, there's a funeral going on, and they watch the people carry the body out to a pyre, and cremate it, with guards watching over.

When asked why, the people first look at them like they're stupid, then in hushed tones say "because we must be certain our loved ones cannot come back"

Human beings are remarkably good at stupidly endangering themselves as long as the problem is even somewhat distant.

not really, people buried their dead for awhile and it became a tradition, then later necromancers showed up.

so necromancers are disrupting a status quo, which people defend because its tradition.

>Why would my soul be eternally tortured? I'm just an turnip farmer from Turnipville with a couple of good lifelong friends and no one to speak ill of. Bury me next to my wife, please.