Pathfinder General /pfg/ : Dragon Edition

Pathfinder General /pfg/ : Dragon Edition

What is the best kind of dragon, and why is it cloud dragon?

Unified /pfg/ link repository: pastebin.com/JTj1yEmU

Avowed Playtest: drive.google.com/open?id=0B5HkyGRtGZy3SWVhdWFBWERWWjg
Malefex Playtest: docs.google.com/document/d/1W3LrE8WyIxxYRr8d9dHsWioeUk_-HZaSMqVWRnzc9Fc/edit?usp=sharing
Legendary Kineticists II Playtest: docs.google.com/document/d/11_w1o5dSef2tzu2GDLnJKElHY3uyETzuzFHDAjI6P6k/edit?usp=sharing

Old Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

paizo.com/threads/rzs2u385&page=6?Bypassing-restrictions-that-should-not-exist#256
docs.google.com/document/d/1fMfsV6e26ZZO35XuJVOI7IPVfxX4DaQSZ3RvNoWLT9s/edit?usp=sharing
docs.google.com/document/d/1z3EOSCTZTBbNGO60d9O9xnVhVaeAayIIidXg6WeXQps/edit
docs.google.com/document/d/10dEgLazR1i9O9Cs0z-6Znw96ocJPu3CVGuEOkCEfqLw/edit?usp=sharing
docs.google.com/document/d/1xQMlB45-UFEWCB2ffqoBUMhR-t4afSXLk29fgTJNVyw/edit?usp=sharing
docs.google.com/document/d/1Gej-wwc8TCZGR1McmOeZaNLgFDv0PMyef_Hj2RQMxDE/edit?usp=sharing
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>playing time travel campaign
>dissolves into
>"time travel is terrible"
>"fuck everyone in particular"
>"fucking time jews and their stupid worms"
>"I want to go back to that parellel universe with the punching"
>"was everything always shit? oh wait we checked, it was"

SILVER DRAGONS ARE SUPERIOR.

Nveryll is the cutest of dragons.

Um excuse you user I think you meant that that honor goes to the beauteous Crystal Dragons.

>planning on a green dragon exemplar + wizard

Magic yo.

What about Quartz Dragons?

Although I very much support 's opinion too.

>start wondering if I should give up and join in on the dragon meme
>worried about schedule because it's biweekly and I don't want to fuck shit up
>but it's a chance to just throw shit out the window and play a Green True Dragon who wants to see what humans are like
>far cry from some of the original things I wanted to do, and I'm not a fan of towergirls, but the temptation is building

I have no self control anymore.

So far the only Towergirl is the Queen herself.

Man I'm just here to play a LE Green Dragon researcher.

"Basis of the campaign", "not a fan of that style", "the main NPC sets the mood", etc etc I'm a whiny piece of shit who complains a lot.

I really like Greens conceptually, but I'm wondering if I should give up and do a different color. I don't think I'm actually clever enough to be lawful, though maybe I can actually get away with being TN.

Oh geez, Dragonborn DM user here, now I'm running wild with ideas on what to do with my campaign that inevitably culminates in my PCs having to fight an "axis of evil" made of chaotic and evilly aligned dragon species alongside the clockwork recreation of Tiamat that I've already introduced as the long-since deactivated guardian of their tribe.

Hey /pfg/, I want to use this as character art for a game. Maybe comfyknight or rotjr! Any suggestions for class setup and race?

>it's not "my wife and my wife's son"

Is that meme finally over? Are we free?

That's a RotJR picture if I ever saw one. That top doesn't look particularly comfy. Whatever's going on with her chest is... Is she okay?

The ear loops are rad, though.

post dragons.

DRAGOOOOOONS.

There's just something incredibly hot about a loli taking in something as big as a dragon, sadly there aren't enough doujins for my fetish.

So it hurts a bit. Maybe she likes it!

Apparently Seifter slipped that the companion book line is not being controlled by the main design team
They write rules on their own as they see fit

What is the best method for using music for your roll20 games? Plug.dj is not effective.

/pfg/, what's your favorite high-level character concept you never got to actually play?

Sauce? The word 'apparently' makes me break out into hives.

paizo.com/threads/rzs2u385&page=6?Bypassing-restrictions-that-should-not-exist#256

My group uses synchtube, it's easy to add or delete stuff and you can set whether you want players to be able to add music or if you just want the GM to have access only.

I guess this explains why fun stuff sometimes comes out in the companion books and the core books are full of garbage.

20 lv Mithic Magus using Mithic Transformation and the Dimension Combat feat tree.
Still haven't, probably never will.

/pfg/, how would you build this character?

Alchemist 3 / Paladin

Get the tentacles discovery.

Looks like a gestalt Paladin/refluffed Synth Summoner to me.

Alchemist Dip
Abberant Aegis
Synth Summoner

How does Disarm work against natural weapons?

Doesn't.

It doesn't

XP 1,200
N Large magical beast
Init +5; Senses darkvision 60 ft., low-light vision, scent; Perception +12

DEFENSE
AC 15, touch 10, flat-footed 14 (+1 Dex, +5 natural, –1 size)
hp 47 (5d10+20)
Fort +10, Ref +5, Will +2

OFFENSE
Speed 30 ft.
Melee 2 claws +8 (1d6+4 plus grab), bite +8 (1d6+4)
Space 10 ft.; Reach 5 ft.
STATISTICS
Str 19, Dex 12, Con 18, Int 2, Wis 12, Cha 10
Base Atk +5; CMB +10 (+14 grapple); CMD 21 (25 vs. trip)
Feats Improved Initiative, Great Fortitude, Skill Focus (Perception)
Skills Perception +12

Alright, I was right, friend owes me a six pack.

That said, you can technically do it if you tie them down first, it's just that once you do it they're not going to be able to pick them back up and use them again.

Thanks! The wording on the Tentacle discovery seems pretty garbage unfortunately (it doesn't add an attack?) but Aberrant Aegis or Synth Summoner both seem like they'd work well.

I'm using this at some point.

I mean, if by Disarm, you mean literally cutting their limbs off... sure.

what's the best way to use harvested monster parts as weapons, armor and gear?

True Primitive Barbarian + Craft (Scrimshaw)

Long answer: /pfg/ tried to homebrew a monster hunter loot system with upgrading and crafting weapons and armor from your kills.

short answer: /pfg/ is shit at homebrewing.

It makes sense for some beasts.

Fangs from basilisks and hydras would make good poisoned arrow heads.

Leathers from dragons would grant energy resistance.

Horns from a unicorn would be extra fatal to undead if used as a dagger or spearhead.

Teeth and Nails from an undead would deal necrotic damage if it were embedded on a club or staff.

Have we actually ever managed to homebrew anything?

yes, countless exotic waifu races.

If I recognize that statblock, it's a fucking owlbear, so of course you'll use it at some point.

E'rry day I'm homebrewin.

I've been working on a class called the Arcane Intercessor, a Full BaB 4th level Arcane caster, focused on utility and team protection.

Link: docs.google.com/document/d/1fMfsV6e26ZZO35XuJVOI7IPVfxX4DaQSZ3RvNoWLT9s/edit?usp=sharing

Anyone got any thoughts?

If you have to ask...

Plenty of anons have homebrewed things, though the quality of it can vary wildly. Some of Forrest's stuff started out as just homebrew.

and now I realize I forgot to work on MY homebrew at all today, fuck.

/pfg/ homebrews plenty of shit.

Fuck, I'm homebrewing right now. I'm writing up an actual race profile for Dragon Princesses. And Princes.

I homebrewed Dragonborn for my personal session, although I did that with friends and not here...

This thing?

docs.google.com/document/d/1z3EOSCTZTBbNGO60d9O9xnVhVaeAayIIidXg6WeXQps/edit

Indeed!

Sorry bruh, this is a budget bard.
Anyone would rather roll a 3/4 BAB Magus or Bard than a Full BAB gish with very little to contribute, especially since the Magus and Bard both have means to increase their total damage per turn to match a full BAB class.

I've made 3 homebrews!

Avatar is a divine elemental barbarian:
docs.google.com/document/d/10dEgLazR1i9O9Cs0z-6Znw96ocJPu3CVGuEOkCEfqLw/edit?usp=sharing

Empyreus is a warlock/vitalist combo:
docs.google.com/document/d/1xQMlB45-UFEWCB2ffqoBUMhR-t4afSXLk29fgTJNVyw/edit?usp=sharing

Totemist is a shamanic support class:
docs.google.com/document/d/1Gej-wwc8TCZGR1McmOeZaNLgFDv0PMyef_Hj2RQMxDE/edit?usp=sharing

... dude if this leads to aerial battles between my fey dragon and some clockwork luftwaffe, we're going to have some words.

like "this is awesome" or some sort of praise maybe.
pic entirely unrelated.

I post home brew shit all the time for discussion/review and people just ignore it in favor of "who is the lewdest rotjr" or "who is the shittiest molthune", so whatever

prepare to be ignored again for discussion on who's the dragoniest dragon.

Because your homebrew fucking sucks.

it was mentioned in the last thread, but maybe give the duelist path "uses Int in place of dex for prerequisites" somewhere so it can help build toward something like slashing or fencing grace.
Looks interesting, worth toying with, will talk to a friend of my who will be gming a one shot and will talk to him about letting me rock the class. That way I can get a better idea of what good, bad, and what might need to be dropped.

Askray made one....

I actually meant the clockwork version of Bahamut (the good one) but my point still stands. The best part is that there's 5 species of dragon listed in the pfsrd site that fall under the list of:
- Chaotical Neutral or any kind of evil
- Full dragons
and
- Not Metallic or Chromatic as a species subtype

I can TOTALLY make an Elite 4 that serve under one Uber-evil dragon of the 5th subtype, all of whom are working under the name of Tiamat herself!

Aberrant-Protean Crossblodded sorceress who spent all her wealth on innate bonuses and stat boosts as well as permanent spells, so she doesn't actually have any property and 'stuff' aside from her clothes, a knife, and a few oddments to take care of food and water.

While she lacks one spell per level, her favored class bonus gives her more spells known than usual, and her very high charisma gives her enough bonus spells to make up for the loss.

GM didn't like my characters at the time, so she died when she was faced with a 27th level wizard her caught her on her lonesome because the rest of the party decided to wander off while she was asleep. I got in a few good licks, but attrition is attrition, and 27 wizard (with Schrodinger's spell list, most likely) >20 sorceress only moderately prepared for combat.

This was just after the GM killed the previous character using a cone of cold cast by a 20th level wizard against a 15th level ifrit sorceress with vulnerability to cold because of her genie transformation. Funny how that cropped up in the random trap arena out of 100 squares and just happened to target my character. A 1 in 100 chance of the cone of cold, and it targets the one character who is vulnerable to cold?

Kind of think he has it out for me.

I created charmed life tbqh so you're probably right

Are we supposed to get their badges?

So are Strange Aeons chapters 1 and 4 available anywhere? They aren't in the trove.

Also the chapters of Strange Aeons in the trove are mislabelled in case that hadn't been noticed.

>Sorry bruh, this is a budget bard.
It fills a different role in the party.

The Bard is based around buffing damage output, the Arcane Intercessor gives massive increases to survivability.

Plus, it gets a decent number of Polymorph spells (which can be quickened through the 5th level ability), which gives the AI a decent increase in offensive ability.

Would you be satisfied with their heads?

I'm just saying - your homebrew can't offer anything that a bard or magus can't replicate with a spell or class feature (even from other archetypes).

You need to dig deeper and carve a unique niche for your class.

Will that make that cute charizard listen to my orders more often?

wait no that sounds bad.

>I'm just saying - your homebrew can't offer anything that a bard or magus can't replicate with a spell or class feature

I was unaware the Bard could give their entire team DR and Mirror image as a swift action.

Too late, now everyone is thinking of you trying to seduce your Pokemon.

technically, they could with a performance.

Really?

I must have missed that while doing research for this class. Which archetype is it?

So what are things that fight dragons on the regular that aren't adventurers?

Probably Giants.

Behirs are also noted in 3.5 to HATE Dragons but I don't remember if PF even HAS Behirs.

Other dragons, the servants of other dragons, rebellious slaves of that one dragon, and 'whatever already lives where the dragon wants to live'.

ancient bioweapon generators meant to heal the world?

It's really hard to get better if no-one will tell you what you're doing wrong.

That's already a sign that you haven't made something interesting enough.

(Honestly there's a huge wall homebrewers have to overcome to get people to read their stuff compared to professional 3pp studios who have the benefit of more reliable quality and also more potential to be allowed in games so people see them as more relevant to themselves; I'm not sure how homebrewers can get around that)

I can't decide on what kind of dragon I want to be. This is harder than I thought it'd be.

See Someone Is going ton toy with it
It's possible others are checking it out as well, bit some people are the "hands on" kind of learners. I have to run though a few tests before I'm satisfied with what I've built, mind you I'm a bit of a power gamer and the "tests" I run are so I'm proficient in the path I took. Hell, having a character I think is a front line skirmisher have Less then +8 to hit feels wrong to me.

Give it a bit of time, people might need to wait till their game day before giving a full thought.

I've made a tiny kinetic spitfire whose breath is the only thing that's getting bigger with his age.

...Goodboy Bindle Featherstone of Quirm? Is that you?

No thrusters in the back, no.

>this is the story of a boy and a girl
>also the boy is a dragon!

>tfw want to kick some players out
it's not even their fault really, it's my own, i just can't stand their endless meme bullshit

Does Queen Culdranth taste good?

What's a good magic item to aim for after a wand of curing losers for a Cleric?

>i just can't stand their endless meme bullshit

>tfw no busty bombshell mute bard in RotJR or Molthune

Cleric is such a variable class that there's no simple answer. What are your domains, what weapon, any archetypes? Or are you just looking for good general magic items?

Marvelous Ointment.

>Dragon PCs cannot gain levels past their age
category until reaching that age. A dragon can
freely multiclass out of its racial class, so the dragon
should simply take levels in other classes rather
than its racial class until it reaches the appropriate
age.

So explain to this to me like I'm an actual drooling retard because I'm either too tired or my brain is tiny and dim. Say you take 3 levels in the True Dragon class, which puts you as a Wyrmling, and then take 3 levels in something else. Are you effectively "level 6" and thus bump up to the Very Young age category?

Don't worry, there won't be any characters in RotJR.

>Domains
Heroism and Revelation Subdomains
>Weapon
Longsword
>Archetypes
None, just Delicious Vanilla Cleric

The way pfg works, you would think they would be addicted to pbp playing or something
Everyone loves "what ifs" but games never happen anyway
Everyone would just write their gay fanfic instead

>just want to play
>end up starting two more campaigns
FUCKING
i am doomed to life as a DM

Nah, they want to play in a game, not run one.