Why did transformation magic become associated with fetishes in RPGs...

Why did transformation magic become associated with fetishes in RPGs? The original stories about them usually depicted a transformation as something tragic, or even horrifying. I mean I don't think the Circe segments in the Odyssey are supposed to be read as a sex fantasy, and yet today that's usually what you see about polymorph type magic.

So what changed?

The "magical realm" meme.

Ancients
>she turns men into pigs so that she can eat them
Modern
>she turns men into pigs so that she get pig dick

Personally I blame this on our culture having a love-hate relationship with perversion, if we embraced it it wouldn't be forced everywhere.

Except for the copious cases of bestiality in Greek myth? People fucking bulls, horses and swans just to name a few.

Degeneracy.

People realised that it's fucking fiction, and so the things that a person can get changed into don't necessarily have to be tragic or horrifying.

Also, people have differing ideas about what's tragic and horrifying, compared to the people who originally invented those stories. For example, when I was a kid, I always thought the Beast from Disney's The Beauty and the Beast looked way cooler in his monstrous form than in his human one.

I.e., anything outside of my slave moralism.

It's true, Zeus turned into a bull to fuck Europa didn't he? And a swan to fuck Leda.

To be fair, most of these were Zeus. You don't tell the most powerful and biggest dick in the universe as what he can have sex.

Ovid definitely depicted it as sexual in the metamorphoses

Also Zeus fucked everything in the form of whatever

>Beast looked cooler in his monstrous form than in his human one.
Would have been interesting if he set himself up as a mercenary. After all, he still has human intelligence while being a 9-foot tall beast with the strength of a gorilla and the defense of a tank. No, the real body horror in that movie was the servants.

The Minotaur was born because the queen of Crete got the dick from a bull (that wasn't Zeus).

The weird thing is that I don't think there's anything in the myths about Circe turning HERSELF into a beast. Like if it was a modern retelling I'm sure she'd turn herself into a dragon to fight Odyseus or something, that's just how wizards roll these days. But I don't think the idea of transformation as a power-up existed in myths, it was always only to trick someone into fucking you or lock your enemy in a shape he/she didn't like.

I want my Circe dragon, dammit

Don't forget the Celtic myths where Math turned his asshole sons into animals and made them fuck each other and bear animal children by turns for three years running.

Not all were turn into pigs. Some were turn into big and strong preds to protect her.

Mostly because some jackasses started making a point of using it to get off. Seriously, some fucktards fap to transformation just for the sake of it. If there is a thing, some asshole's both got a fetish for it, and will inevitably try to shoehorn it into a game.

I love that myth.

Transformation fetish comes from actual subconscient frustration on puberty never going in "the right way". Seeing your skinny runt classmate becoming a hunk while you keep being a sad sack of fat can be really a reason to wish being turn into something else because you don't feel comfortable with your own body's aesthetics.

Dudes still should have seen a fucking shrink, or joined Flist, or something other than bogging down the game.

>she turns men into pigs so that she can eat them

Why would you call that particular fetish out? I haven't heard magical realm stories involving transformation any more than, say, feet.

I concur.
One should have enough gaming etiquette to keep calm and pay a visit to F-list after the game instead of let his lust run rampant.
I do have a fetish towards hyper anthro hermaphrodites but I never shove that in my games because it will clearly ruin the narrative flow of the game.

Storytime, anons?

Or just a child viewing sexual content before they're sexually mature, causing their brain to make all sorts of weird, subconscious connections between the act of sex and completely unrelated shit, like peeling drywall or the feel of ice on skin.

I don't have any story time for you. I am very picky with my players and gaming groups so never had a problem of having a That Guy in them which could shove his or her magical realm into the session.

>the feel of ice on skin
WHO TOLD YOU ABOUT MY FETISH I NEVER POSTED IT ANYWHERE

somebody post the collage about Tile Man

Posting the human-sized version

fuck

People are freaky

I'd still fuck Circe. Wouldn't you?

Its Soy's fault.

Let me explain.

Soy has a high estrogen content, and with more and more people drinking Soy juice and such instead of the real stuff they get more estrogen.

High levels of estrogen in males causes faggotry, which leads to the current levels of degeneracy that we're seeing. Tumblr and other shit are great and terrible examples.

Transformation magic lets people have the fantasy that they're something or someone else. An in said fantasy, they're happy which usually includes getting or receiving some dick.

Nah, you're full of shit. First of all, soy beans don't contain high levels of estrogen. They do have a high level of a protein that resembles estrogen, but it ain't estrogen. Second, the amount of soy you have to consume to experience symptoms from the stuff is so high, you practically have to eat nothing but soy for months at a time.

Lastly, no amount of estrogen is gonna make you gay. That's not how sexuality or biology works. Get the tinfoil off your fedora and go redpill some /pol/acks.

brb drinking more soy

That's not even remotely accurate. There's rarely a dramatic rhyme or reason to a paraphilia. It's just your brain missing the target when its sexuality develops. For that fetish, it's probably watching a cartoon where the love interest gets transformed.
The love interest is supposed to be attractive - the brain gets that, but mistakenly assumes it's because she was transformed.

It's the same way Disney using anthropomorphic animals as love interests is probably responsible for furries.

Nah, right now we're just in a transitional stage as a culture where we want to be more accepting and open as a people, but are having trouble figuring out exactly HOW accepting we want to be.

We also have virtually zero ways of properly educating youth, especially in burgerland, so they turn to the internet, which has a lot of flawed information like the post you just made. These kids arm themselves with information and faulty arguments before they're open-minded enough to accept that information can be wrong or change outright, or that arguments that aren't their can exist without being "wrong".

They're too caught up in being "right" they don't realize that there's more than one way to do it.

What kind of magical realm stories have you heard regarding feet?

Gilgamesh would have done.

Ideal team would have been Prometheus and Gilgamesh. They go on adventures and fuck shit up from Lapland to the far end of the dark continent.

Did he turn them into hermaphroditic animals like giant snails and have them run off together with clutches of eggs as a sign of things to come?

>when user considers himself educated for parroting something he read online

You should be more worried about estrogen in the water supply.

Transformative magic went from turning into animals or mimicking other people to partial transformation, aka corruption/curses and powerups, that are easier to use in a rpg (classical transformation is just about changing charsheets, while partial is about changing bits or adding buff, debuffs, templates or special powers). Also mutation entering fiction as a result of the atomic age.
And partial transformation is just what you need to change the actors and relationships in your fantasies. If you're short irl, transformation can make you into a giant (or a litteral sex demon, while we're at it).
Besides, it allows for introducing fantasy elements in our world. You'll never fuck a fursona, but if there was a magic potion...

At least that's how I analyze it. But judging by the previous posts every user has his own answer.

Veeky Forums is not representative of society. Veeky Forums was never representative of society. Veeky Forums will never be representative of society.

And yet... /b/ managed to win an presidential election.

/b/ represents what society pretends that it isn't, but is.

/b/ managed to guess right on a presidential election.
You're putting weight on a bunch of people shilling whatever side they wanted to win and shockingly, he happened to win. Whoo.

>You can make yourself look like whatever you want
>You can make others look like whatever you want.

Do the math.

Would be kind of interested in a serious setting where widely spread transformation magic renders society into chaos.

Identity tracking becomes impossible. Currency becomes meaningless when anyone can turn some rocks into gold. Etc.

I doubt /b/ had a high voter turn out, certainly not enough to swing the election either way.
Especially when you consider a huge percentage of them aren't old enough to actually vote.

The whole thing with /b/ and Trump, is easily explained. A pack of non-conformists, picked the least establishment candidate running. That candidate happened to win. Give them 6 months to a year and they turn on him too, when he becomes the establishment.

Around the time Zeus turned himself into a swan to have kinky bird sex with a girl.

It's everything, not just transformation magic. We have become a more open society as far as sexual preferences are conserned. Everything is a fetish.

Where does her collar come from?

Where does her collar go?

Is it literally folded flesh from her clavicle or something, this is seriously confusing my sleep-deprived brain

It's pixie magic.

He was a small child when he transformed.

>Gilgamesh, Prometheus and Enkindu will never team up for a pan-mythos ass kicking spree.
Why live?

Animorphs did it for a lot of us user.

>So what changed?

Desensitization.

Some things are tragic or horrific because they are unexpected and violate some sense of the taboo. Exposure renders them expectable, so all that's left is the taboo violation. The violation of a taboo in a setting, or manner, free from consequences has the appeal of the forbidden fruit.

Shorter version, yesterday's horror easily becomes today's fetish fuel through simply familiarity.

>AP Literature
>Wolf Blitzer-like teacher getting really depth on the metaphorical meaning of Leda's "broken wall" from the Yeats poem

He got a little too into it if you know what I mean

Sounds kind of like this guy.

>Why did transformation magic become associated with fetishes in RPGs?
Didn't Loki transform into a woman all the time? And let's not forget that our ancestors were gigantic fucking perverts. Remember that one of the most famous Greek myths is about Poseidon cursing a woman to have sex with a white bull, because her husband refused to sacrifice it to him.

>M-muh Catholocism though
Irish churches have and had depictions of women spreading their cuntflaps because Satan is afraid of vagina's. And let's not forget about that Polish priest a few years ago who wrote the Catholic Kama Sutra based on second hand experience. Yes, there was a priest who listened to the sex stories of his congregation and wrote a sexual guide based on it (no anal though, obviously).

>Personally I blame this on our culture having a love-hate relationship with perversion
Every somewhat healthy culture has that: they don't hate sex, they just hate it in the public sphere. The problems start when we start throwing our sex lives out in the public sphere. I consider anonymously posting on Veeky Forums semi-private though.

>You will never live in a prudish culture where your wife secretly flashing you her ankles in public is considered the lewdest shit

>Ctrl+F loki

Really guys? Forgeting the classic example of loki doing things, then getting fucked over because he tried to be clever.

This case literally.

Like... I can't say someone wasn't getting off to the idea of a guy turning into a horse, and then getting fucked by another horse. Then having to give birth to a horse. Then having to watch your adoptive dad ride around on your child. It sounds like a furry comic.

>Didn't Loki transform into a woman all the time?

He even mothered children as a woman, and during the Lokasenna he accused Odin of doing the same.

>So what changed?
Nothing, Veeky Forums is just infested with people who've never played a game that sperg out on the idea ANYTHING that can be remotely fetishized could show up in their non-existent games

Would be better if she shrank them
Or just polymorphed them directly into (still aware) food

>Wolf Blitzer
Man, I feel like every AP Lit teacher can be likened to a famous person or a character from a TV show. Mine looked like Rusty Venture.

Audrey sounds great.

My last year history teach looked like Magnum PI

Except he would be hunted and eventually killed instead of being employed by anyone.

Transformation has been my fetish since I was a child. I remember back in preschool that I would get excited by reading "Sylvester and the Magic Stone" where he [spoiler alert]turns himself into a rock and can't turn himself back[/spoiler alert].

I might have known what sex was at the time, but I didn't realize that sex was supposed to be enjoyable. I thought it was just something people did when they were drunk and a couple years later (when I was six) I distinctly remember being shocked to find out that people could intentionally choose to have sex. My transformation fantasies never featured sex, they were always about eternally imprisoning someone mere inches from their old life and then having the power to simply forget about them.

When I was 12 I learned (in a sex-ed class) that sex feels good. I tried out masturbation and didn't enjoy it. Until I found out about guro. That was nice. But I really blossomed when I discovered a subcategory of guro: the transformation stuff. I was happy to see that my fetishes weren't that uncommon.

The end

While that would probably be many people's first reaction, if he came in and showed genuine good will, helped the villagers deal with their problems and shared the wealth, then he would probably be seen as just an ugly old soldier.

Also the horse had 8 legs, right? I'd be surprised if it isn't some furry somewhere's origin story

Actually, are horses popular in the furry thing? I only ever seem to see foxes or wolves.

It could be so good as a Xena/Hercules type series. Or possibly not dissimilar to Gods of Egypt but broader.

The gods less high powered and generally just a bunch of drunken dicks. The humans varying between eye rolling tolerance and occasional bouts of reverence.

Enkindu likes to drink and take the piss out of Gilgamesh, Gilgamesh just wants to see whats over that horizon and has to keep dragging Enkindu's ass out of the fire when he fucks shit up whilst drunk. Prometheus just wants to get as far away from Olympia as possible because fuck those guys on Nob Hill. He is the voice of (relative) reason and the only one who stays almost sober. Except when Hathor turns up. Then Prometheus drinks all of the drinks and has 'Nam style flash backs about rocks and eagles.

Hathor obviously being depicted as a tall busty woman with cow ears and the ability to turn water into beer.

Their mission is not to fix the worlds problems. It is to get drunk in every drinking establishment for Carthage to Japan.

Dagon owns a sea side resort.

Person behind every bar they walk into is this Hebrew looking dude. He has a halo but only when he's a blurry background character. This is never addressed or even noticed by the other characters.

It could be so fucking good.

I mean, that is why odin started riding that thing around. It is the fastest horse alive after all. Because more legs equals more speed, obviously.

continental philosopers need to just die. they have generated nothing but death and suffering and failure and stagnation.

if we kill off hegel, that means no communists, and no nazis and 200 million people would not have been tortured and starved to death

Makes sense from their perspective I guess. I mean horses are faster than people, and they have twice as many legs. Therefore, a horse with 8 legs obviously gonna be twice as fast again!

ovid was a degenerate tho

Ask this on /d/.

No, seriously. They will explain this in detail from the fetishist point of view and be honest about it.
Then there are people wh AREN'T honest about this shit, but still bring it to the table when playing games. And this leads to the situation when it's a magic realm