Adventurer falls in love with a petrified woman

>Adventurer falls in love with a petrified woman

Creepy, or cute?

Other urls found in this thread:

imperial-library.info/content/palla
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Creepy if they never get them unpetrified.

Potentially cute if they do.

Creepy if they fall in 'love' with them based purely on their appearance. If they somehow communicate with them or knew them before it can work, but someone declaring their 'love' for someone based purely on what they look like as a statue is creepy and weird.

cute if it's played for laughs

>Partial unpetrification

Half-cute, or double creepy?

Have you no romance in your heart? Love at first sight is perfectly dignified.

Depends on how far he takes it. It can be cute if he's just a bit lovestuck, regrets what happened to the petrified person and decides to slay that monster/wizard that caused it.

Creepy if he demands private time with the statue.

Could be similar to Snow White if the adventurer believes the petrified woman can be saved.

Though it definitely borders on creepy depending on how the petrified woman takes it.

Is the woman aware of her surroundings and knows what's going on? Or is everything black and all senses and memory frozen still?

It's a creepy historical remnant based on purely evaluating the object of your affections by appearance. Love is something that comes with mutual understanding, not some sort of mystical bullshit just from looking at someone.

>Love is something that comes with mutual understanding

No. Love comes first, and is born of a deeply felt instinctual magnetism. Understanding comes later as you come to know the person through years of close proximity and mutual reliance.

...I think that just kills you. Like, best case scenario there is that your flesh at the border with the rock rots and dies (due to lack of proper blood flow) and you have to amputate something. But if vital organs are included in the petrified region, its basically better to just leave them petrified in the hope than you can fully cure them in the future.

This is why blacks, indians and latinos reproduce more than whites and asians.
Fuck off back to tumblr.

Bull fucking shit. That's a childish, immature imagining of love with has nothing to do with reality and is harmful to people who continue to believe in it beyond childhood.

>not some sort of mystical bullshit just from looking at someone
It's not mystical at all, it's far more rational than mutual understanding.

>not some sort of mystical bullshit just from looking at someone

Is it mystical bullshit if I find a puppy cute when I look at it?

That's just lust. Not love.

You can't be in love with someone you don't know anything about. You might be in love with your headcanon version of them, but until you get to know them as a person any overlap between the person and your fantasy is purely coincidental.

>Go full villain in attempt to unpetrify her
>Heart of stone

If you honestly think that's an apt comparison, there is nothing that can be done for you. You literally wouldn't understand the explanation even if I gave it the three posts it deserves.

>Creepy if they fall in 'love' with them based purely on their appearance.
That's usually how "love at first sight" works.

It's only creepy if the guy is unattractive

Think about it. You think a dog is cute. You acquire said dog. Your start loving the dog and this love deepens over a period of years.

How is that not akin to love?

You are comparing another human being to a fucking dog.

It can be cute or creepy depending on how the character and player. It can be cute if the character's actions are portrayed as comedic and/or are genuinely romantic, altruistic and take the petrified woman's feelings into account. It becomes creepy if it is portrayed as obsessive and/or objectifying, selfish and focused on the character's own perversions.

Double-Cute if the woman legitimately cannot be duly restored despite everyone's best efforts, but they find love anyway. Double-Creepy if the character is preventing the woman's full restoration because he prefers her that way.

Because you don't fuck the dog.

That's what makes it creepy.

Said guy going full magical realm when no one's looking and rubbing his dick and cumming all over a frozen women who cannot really give consent.

You're not half as smart as you think you are.
Love isn't an investment... Wait, you're a woman aren't you? Of course you want people to pay for it before they actually buy it.

>Someone falls in love with you
>Tell him he is wrong to do so

What kind of monster does this?

I think that he's thinking more along the lines of a living statue.

>who cannot really give consent

Consent is now required for affection? A man cannot control his affections!

Is he attractive.
That's the difference right there.

Once dashing, but marred with scars?

Women. After letting you buy them shit and take them places of course, wouldn't want to spoil the chance for pampering.
Do you really need to ask?

>adventurer unpetrifies a girl
>immediately rapes her

This is society on tumblr.
You let this happen.
SWAT is on their way to arrest you for your rapist feelings.

As recompense for rescue? I suppose it makes a sort of sense...

Love IS mystical. You just don't have any in your metaphorical heart because you've bought into the materialist fad, murdering the concept for you.
You have become a hollow shell of a man.

>find statue
>start talking to it as if its your psychologist
>its the only one who understands you
>starts loving the statue

This wasn't mentioned at any point
What is platonic love to begin with?

Jesus stop being triggered over things because of your idealized version of how thing should go, it's pathetic.

That's exactly what he told her.

No.

This is why I never date stoners.

My god. I have never seen this much pathetic bullshit on Veeky Forums before. You are the reason the creepy nerd stereotype is perpetuated.

>Hurr you like this statue
>Therefore you must masturbate and jizz on it!

You do understand that you are the creepy one right.
What is platonic admiration?

This is why I'm still single.

Not because I go around spouting romantic bullshit, but because I'm too afraid the other person will go "HA! You have feelings, you nerd!"

>What is platonic admiration?

A completely different thing to falling in love. Also not something that can happen just from looking at someone.

Having feelings is fine. Respecting other peoples boundaries and not getting fucking creepy about it is the key here.

You're acting as if that initial attraction, that "love at first sight" feeling, is ALL these posters think love is. Yes, that initial hopeful perception is important, but I don't think that anyone would deny that actually coming to know and understand that person is much more so.

>Boundaries
How are you disrespecting someone by having feelings for them?
Holy crap you're just someone who's very arrogant or unable to understand others can demonstrate feelings in a healthy manner.

>t. autist

Weak bait is weak.

>Once dashing, but marred with scars?
So... Still attractive.

'Not getting fucking creepy about it' is the bit that matters.

I'm just replying to the posts at face value. And a good number of them are pretty clearly 'I fell in love with them so now they have to love me back and we're destined to be together forever!' type bullshit, which is childish at best and creepy/obsessive at worst.

>having feels at someone violates their boundries.
Bruh.

Not that user, but I do think you are getting riled up on your own misunderstanding.
Respecting boundaries means knowing when to act on your feelings and when not to, when to make your feelings their concern, and when it shouldn't.
A lot of people fuck this part up. An example I can put to you, from my own experience?
>Cosplay is not consent
This became a thing because people assume that at cons, you can do away with the standard notions of conduct between different individuals, or make broad assumptions about what is and isn't welcome.
This bridges both genders, before you take that tack. I've seen my bro who cosplays MCU Thor getting assaulted by groups of girls, sometimes while he is right next to his gf, and he makes it clear it is unwanted, but is ignored.

imperial-library.info/content/palla

>You're stunned by the beauty of a statue you find in a medusa's lair
>You spend all the party funds on a casting of Stone to Flesh from the nearest temple
>it turns into a lifeless, boneless blob of meat
>turns out it was just a statue all along
>also, your party is broke now and can't afford rations
>you have to eat her
>she's pretty good

This. So much this.

>having feels at someone and foisting them upon that someone when they have made it clear they are not wanted, or using those feels as an excuse to act in ways that cross defined social protocol
People really are reading only what they want to read.

What if I fall in love with the gorgon instead?

>And a good number of them are pretty clearly 'I fell in love with them so now they have to love me back and we're destined to be together forever!'
No, they are not. Are you illiterate or do you have traumatic memories of being stalked?

Your dick will become harder than you can possibly imagine.

My issie is that you come here immediatelly assuming we mean to disrespect boundaries, ignoring the actual information present here and acting like we are "'creepy nerds" to rationalize your crap.
(By you I mean the shitpost user)

>Also not something that can happen just from looking at someone.

The thing with Platonic love is that it starts with just a look before leading an ascent of affections.

Read Plato's Symposium. Pay close attention to what Diotima says.

This.

>now they have to love me back

I'll stick to modern psychology and sociology, thanks.

It will be a bittersweet romance, as one of you needs to be blind at all times.
Otherwise, I am sure she would enjoy the company. She doesn't attack people, and has been forced into hermitage because everyone near her dies.

And I am clarifying what is usually meant about respecting boundaries.
If you have feelings for someone, but respect the social lines between individuals and their own feelings towards you, then there is no problem. However, A LOT OF PEOPLE DO NOT DO THIS. Enough people do not do this that it had to become a nation-wide tag at conventions reminding people to not be assholes.
I'm not speaking directly about you, or anyone else in this thread, but a lot of fucking people misunderstand what "respecting boundaries" entails.

>when they have made it clear they are not wanted

Pray tell, how does a statue make it clear that the affections are unwelcome?

>Haha look guys I'll pretend to actually read anything scientific when I can't even read posts and have to act like my opposition are some shitty strawman

>man yells at cloud

The post I quoted mentioned nothing about statues, user, and the conversation has moved away from it.
Put down that goalpost, it's too heavy for you.

I know you are not, but you should talk to the guy you jumped to defend because, as I specifically pointed out, HE is acting like that's the case.

>ctrl+f "Galatea"
>zero hits
Are you fucking kidding me?

Get a load of this guy

Okay so you are going to ignore the situation explained, pretend like user's visions are about jerking off to a statue, then call everyone nerd virgin creeps, then pretend you've got "holy scientific knowledge", and finally you'll just dismiss people when they point out the crap you're doing?

>it turns into a lifeless, boneless blob of meat
That's not usually how Stone to Flesh works. You would probably get a real beautiful girl out of the deal. Even better, she wouldn't know anything about the world but would still be able to talk and wipe her own ass because magic.

That goes both ways though. The two sides of this discussion are talking about totally different things. You're railing against sweaty atuttering nerds who possess no reasonable concept of love or social grace.

How likely do you think it is that you're actually talking to people like that?

>grammar nazi uses Ignore Argument!
>it wasn't very effective...
I am pointing out a very real issue that people often ignore boundaries, or don't even understand what boundaries are, especially Veeky Forums's userbase.
It's probably more likely than we both think.
Unless you actually think something approaching positive about most users of this website?

>grammar nazi

>What if I fall in love with the gorgon instead?
[oglaf intensifies]
I can't believe how hard I am right now.

So you have no argument other than "I get to ignore what you said, the OP, and just assume shit about you all"

>not falling in love with the Gorgon
>not bringing her around to the side of good with the BHD (Big human dick)
>not convincing her to let her prisoners go if they agree to join your shared harem
It's like you don't even want snake cochlea bro.

Given that a couple of the above posts were straight up misogyny/racism?

That last one is probably the best one, because it was slipped in along with the stupid 'puppy' example as if the person they were replying to possibly being a woman somehow affected their point.

[citation needed]

In all editions of D&D where Stone to Flesh is a thing, it either only works on petrified creatures or turns normal stone into lifeless meat. It traditionally turns a stone golem into a flesh golem, but that's animated to begin with. If you want to bring your horrible carved waifu to life, you need True Polymorph.

>Unless you actually think something approaching positive about most users of this website?
I think the average Veeky Forums user is a bored 20something dude from a middle class western family, who is nust trying to kill some time.

Are there a few creepy nerds in that group? Sure. But most are just average dudes trying to kill time while they wait on a ride or an appointment or the needle or whatever.

Yeah, I agree, good sir, this site is filled with disgusting creeps. *tips fedora*

Gorgon can't let them go.
She's fucking cursed.
The stone gaze is not an optional thing for her.

>I can't believe how hard I am

You point out the post, and realize there is more than one poster here, that says "You are disrespecting your infatuations boundaries and need to stop".
I was opening up a conversation about boundaries and popular situations where they are clearly and grossly ignored, with the people who do so acting offended that you dared to call them out on it, not "This user did *insert act* and it was wrong".

You're right, I misremembered the description.

>pic
That's not a sword. That's spaghetti.

I note that for every user that posts, nine others make use of the site without contributing.

Ought we be making assumptions on the mating habits on the silent 90% of the userbase? Perhaps not.

>The stone gaze is not an optional thing for her.

Just give her some sunglasses

it's called a flamberge, look it up before you post something stupid.

Again, you're talking to strawmen.
People are offended because you aren't talking to them, you're talking at a caricature you made of them and made sure to make as ugly as possible.
No matter how much you shitpost about boundaries you're the one who came here, pretended people's posts were about rape and jizzing on statues, called everyone creeps, racists, mysogynists, nerds and whatever else and then started shitposting about how the concept of platonic love doesn't matter because you totally read a sociological study.

In short, get a grip.

It's also real.

Girl petrifies adventurer.
Immediately rapes him

Doesn't stop it from being spaghetti.
What's the point anyway? For it to look straight in case you're drunk?