Nurgle Cultists never steal and deploy Virus Bombs in service to their god

>Nurgle Cultists never steal and deploy Virus Bombs in service to their god
This isn't a problem exclusive to them of course, but it's been stated they don't use them any more because they feed Nurgle, but the mechanicus wouldn't let any of their sacred exterminatus devices be destroyed or dismantled and I refuse to believe that the Imperium's operational security is good enough to ensure nobody ever steals any of their stuff.

So what's the deal? I'm sure if you've got one it wouldn't take much to slap together a ritual to use it to turn a world into a daemon world.

Fans prefer the dominance of Khorne and Tzeench over Nurgle and Slaanesh

>I refuse to believe that the Imperium's operational security is good enough to ensure nobody ever steals any of their stuff.
Yeah, maybe not for something like small arms weapon storage, but not for fucking exterminatus warheads. That's like saying you're astonished no one has ever stolen an ICBM from the US.

Yes, they are a virus. But they don't do anything the way Nurgle likes

Virus bombs bring a swift death.

The new life they create dies out quickly along with the rest of the planet.

They don't leave anything to decay because it all burns.

Worse. it's like saying he's surprised nobody stole a ICBM from what's essentially North-Korea+Nazi Germany+Holy Inquisition Theocracy.

The Imperium is also notoriously incompetent and riddled with traitors and cultists. The real reason it hasn't happened is what said.

sounds like it would be a good campaign for a Dark Heresy game, user. A crack team of heretics and cultists have to plan and execute a convoluted heist to steal a virus bomb to either sacrifice it to n\Nurgle or sabotage it and sacrifice an entire planet to Nurgle, while an inquisitor races to stop them.

Make it all very "TERRORISTS HAVE STOLEN A NUKE". Also works on the flipside for doing an Inquisition game, you have to stop/apprehend the cultists before they can set off the bomb

Attack the Block meets 40kay

You'll have to explain to me what TERRORISTS HAVE STOLEN A NUKE has to do with black lads in London fighting aliens senpai

>Make it all very "TERRORISTS HAVE STOLEN A NUKE".
Does it give me a chance to get the fukken disk?

How ss13 can 40k get?

Sorry I meany Brick Mansions/The Raid, my bad

...and by The Raid I mean District 13, jesus christ i'm tired sorry it's bedtime for me here

Honk

>The clown is actually a disguised harlequin preparing a very funny joke.

>The joke is everyone dies

actually the US and others nations with the bomb "lost" a few and nobody really know, where they are. So it could be possible, but unlikely for terrorists to find one of this bombs and use it.

Now think about the scale of the imperium, that's pretty sure some of this Virus Life-eater bombs/missiles are "losts" in the same way, we lost our nuclear devices.

So it's not that unlikely that somewhere in the galaxy, a bunch of heretics and/or xenos find the bomb, deploy it and exterminate nearly all life on a planet.

>TL;DR That's not because it's not be related in codex/books that it's never happen.

>but it's been stated they don't use them any more because they feed Nurgle

Spreading disease and the fear of death feeds Nurgle. The only reason cultists don't steal virus bombs is because they are ridiculously protected by the imperium. That and nobody has ever written a story surrounding the theft of such weapons.

That would made a really good story.

The fact that you never heard about it doesn't mean it cannot happen. 40k is far too huge for every single possiility to be covered in lore.

Nurgle cultists stealing "obtaining" a virus bomb and planning to use it in a daemonic ritual-detonation to summon a Great Unclean One. That's a cheesy (in a good way) Dark Heresy scenario

Also, one of the main ways Chaos forces obtain new warships is their crew defecting and/or being corrupted and stealing their ship. A gothic-class cruiser is one hellova exterminatus device.

>So what's the deal?

"The Life-Eater Virus, as used on Isstvan III and Stalinvast, is terrifyingly voracious, capable of spreading across the entire surface of a planet in a matter of minutes. The virus can penetrate power armour and rebreathers. The virus quickly rots and breaks down anything of biological origin, reducing it to sludge. Jungles and forests quickly rot into lakes of sludge.
The rapid breakdown of organic matter releases tremendous amounts of flammable gas. The gas eventually ignites, either on its own or with the intentional insertion of an incendiary device, into an apocalyptic, planet-wide firestorm, searing the planet's entire surface to bare rock, as well as burning the atmosphere of all oxygen."

There's no suffering and decay for Nurgle to feed on because they're designed to murder everything incredibly rapidly.

Which makes them anti-Chaos in effect as there's nothing left alive for daemons to invade through. No one to perform rituals, open portals, to possess, nothing.

They don't always exterminate everything, multiple bombs are needed for sufficient coverage of a planet. But they still don't exactly help the cause..

>oddly similar to the mime's joke
>why does the mime have a skull mask?

>The rapid breakdown of organic matter releases tremendous amounts of flammable gas

What I've taken from this is than Horse turned all the loyalist Luna Wolves into farts.

>So what's the deal?
>What's the deal with Nurgle Cultists?
>You'd think they'd use VIRUS bombs!

Its because Slaanesh and Nurgle are both disgusting and repulsive to most people.

This.
The imperium was a bit clever with it.

nurgle dosent like things like virus bombs, nurgle likes things like slow hyper resistant flesheating bacterial infections, zombie plagues and contageous forms of cancer, slow and painfull and progressively degenerative

>not wanting Slaanesh to dominate you with her feminine penis.

ISHYGDDT

Why do people even like nurgle? He’s icky, and gross, and unclean. Like if you embrace Nurgle then you will never be clean again, you will always be sick. It’s just a constant state of decay with nothing pleasurable about it. Just imagine how awful it must smell aboard a death guard voidship. Why would anyone ever desire that? The constant dank smell of shit, piss, rot, and body odor as you watch your body slowly grow more and more disgusting and disfigured. I mean the big thing I hear Nurgle cultists say is that papa Nurgle loves you- but that’s impossible! Love is the domain of Slaanesh, Nurgle can’t love you without empowering she who thirsts. I cant imagine a more horrible existence than being tainted by Nurgle, the thought of never being clean again, the thought of never experiencing anything pleasant at all again- just rot and decay- and the worst part is you’re semi immortal and can’t escape it until something kills you, not an easy task I might add. Ugh, what a nightmare.

Is it because the people who turn to nurgle are already nasty unkept gross folk who want to fantasize about having their refusal to shower be socially acceptable?

Love, a Slaaneshi Cultist.

Honestly this. Nurgle is too gross for me.

Slaanesh >>> Tzeentch > Khorne >>> Nurgle

>It’s just a constant state of decay with nothing pleasurable about it.
The thing is you no longer care. Shit, you probably don't even have a sense of smell. And nurglites aren't backstabbing faggots like slaaneshfags and tzeentchfags or boring berserkers like khornefags. They're actually pretty chill and accepting.

Slaanesh objectively has the most positive domains and is without a doubt the best chaos god.
>Love, Passion, Art, Pleasure, Beauty, Music

I prefer Khorne's domains to Tzeentches because I dislike change but Honor and Knowledge are both very positive domains

I cant see a positive domain in Nurgle at all.

I think disloyalty is a far bigger problem with Tzeentch than Slaanesh, Slaanesh has the domain of charisma, if anything Slaaneshi warbands probably have the most effective leaders.
I don't care how chill you are, if you're rotting and stink its icky and uncomfortable.

That's a lie

I imagine a lot of his followers don't join him willingly, really. No healthy person goes to Nurgle, it's only those who are in howling abominable writhing pain from their diseases, those who have lost sight of reason and will do ANYTHING to make the pain stop.

And Nurgle hears their prayer. They feel nothing after that. Sweet oblivion. But unless they want that awful pain to come back, they better start doing what he says.

>they don't use them any more because they feed Nurgle
Says "Sandy Mitchell".

Love is Nurgle, not Slaanesh. Papa Nurgle cares for all of his creations and all those blessed by his touch.

Slaanesh cares nothing for anyone, only for the Thirst.

A virusbomb is supposed to kill the entire planet, not make them it sick and full of disease for centuries.

Love most certainly a Slaaneshi domain. You don't see people who love too much turning to Nurgle, I promise.

Love is*

This.

>Which makes them anti-Chaos in effect as there's nothing left alive for daemons to invade through.
Well aside from the lots of death feeding chaos (chaosfags win again because of deus ex machina), but 'incidental' death doesn't feed them as much as deliberate "blood for the blood god!" murder-sprees.

>gas
Well, sorta yeah.

The Life-Eater virus kills everything, even the bacteria that would normally take part in the process of natural decay, and necrotizing organic material into the aforementioned sludge.

Which is where all the flammable gas comes from.

And the thing with Nurgle is that the first part of you that rots away is the part of your brain that cares about being gross.

>Love, Passion Beauty

Only in the exact same sense as VTM Toreadors do. They use every mark of joy and pleasure as tools to continue feeding their debase, painful, souless, heartless needs.

To say a toreador loves someone is to say someone loves a song. How long before they get bored and forget it, moving on to the next craze, discarding what they "Loved" like a used battery.

Slanessh are crippling heartless junkies that dont even have the deceny to masquerade thier filth.

Yeah yeah yeah it all ends horrible with Slaanesh and Chaos and whatever but poetic love is still Slaaneshes domain- even if love is fleeting.

What would Nurgle think of pic related?

On a funny side-note. The Stalinvast Exterminatus was a mistake. The inquisitor who ordered it actually told his astrotelepath to not send the order after realizing it was a mistake. The astrotelepath sent the message anyway just to spite the inquisitor and also for shits and giggles.

The Imperium is such an awesome place.

You guys should check out what happened on Istvaan III after the virus bombing.

>her

>There's no suffering and decay for Nurgle to feed on because they're designed to murder everything incredibly rapidly.
Also remember, the chaos gods are big. They need big, contineous energies for it to be worth it. And negative emotions give WAY more than the possitive and their realm.

This is why these bombs are a bummer for nurgle, theres no emotion in it.

Great demonic rituals are usually not meant to feed the gods, they are supposed to weaken the veil between reality and the Warp so that a demons can be summoned, sometimes even a whole incursion. See Istvaan III aftermath, as said above.

>ISHYGDDT
found the clueless gw--user

That's why you steal one and modify it to be horrifically slow

Was the astropath at least consigned to penitence torturous extremis for his actions?

Why does he?

No but she did get summarily executed when it was revealed.