What percentage of your portfolio should be in Bitcoin?

What percentage of your portfolio should be in Bitcoin?

Other urls found in this thread:

bitinfocharts.com/comparison/transactionfees-btc-eth-bch-ltc.html#6m
jochen-hoenicke.de/queue/#2w
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

90%

90% LINK
10% BTC

atleast 50%

0%, you aint gunna make it with btc at this point.

agreed, i would say 50-75%.
BTC outperforms basically every alt

60% BTC / 20% XMR / 20% anything

Honestly? 0%.

Bitcoin is shitcoin. They just have the market share right now because of first-mover advantage and brand recognition.

If they can't get their shit together, and I really doubt they will on account of internal politics, they are going to get surpassed by ETH, LTC or even BCH, which are all superior technologies and don't have the fucking internal politics.

these alt cucks will eat rice for a year before they realise divedents in shitcoins dont and will never pay wages....

Screencap this you fucking wojaks,,,,

0, dont buy btc at this point

people have been saying that since it was $500

90-100%

currently 10% max. Not much room for great gains

>All major alt coins have had their pumps and surges
>Securing gains
>Just finished alt consolidation to bitcoin
>ready for the JUST'ning
who else 100% BTC comfy here?

Well said.

Do not be fooled, building your portfolio around BTC is not going to make you wealthy. Unless you bought sub $1000 it should not be the bulk of your portfolio. Also, over 60% of all bitcoin is owned by less than 1% of all addressees, see picture. It is no different then the traditional economic system,where the 1% are getting wealthier.Lastly, it was designed as a peer-to-peer cash system. Because of the high fees it does not serve that purpose and retailers will never pay those fees, so it will never replace fiat as some believe. It is only a store of value with no real world use, that has an overly hyped speculative value, and once a project with a real world use is adopted the buyers will dry up.

LTC has 16% of all coins owned by the top 10 wallets. BCH has 9% of all coins owned by the top 10 wallets.

BTC is the worst offender here, it is the most spread out coin ever since everyone has tiny chunks of it. Every other coin is centralized by comparison.

You're also forgetting that Satoshi Nakamoto owns 5% of the coins, he has more than a million coins. He's probably in that statistic there but he will never move those coins ever again.

BTC again is much rarer and more decentralized than any other shitcoin out there right now, as the devs / founders of ANY coin you can think of probably have a good 10% or more of the total coins.

0%

Not even joking

I think BTC and LTH still have many gains to be had, and maybe ETH but I'm less optimistic on that. Other alts will have their times but a lot of them seem to align with what BTC is doing.

LTC*

0%
bitinfocharts.com/comparison/transactionfees-btc-eth-bch-ltc.html#6m
jochen-hoenicke.de/queue/#2w

Buy some alts that have a respectable team of developers behind it. Multiple developer teams working parallel on the same coin? Even better. Diversify into at least 3 coins, if you have a sizeable amount of money in play.

If you have over 100k already, you should invest all in BTC.

But since most of us dont have more than 10k, Bitcoin wont make us profit as much as cheap 0.1 altcoins if they sky rocket with 70%.

>Unless you bought sub $1000 it should not be the bulk of your portfolio.
Money is money, you imbecile. 100 bitcoins bought at $1k are worth holding exactly as much as 100 bitcoins bought at $15k. You base your holdings on the merits of the assets held, not sunk costs.

For a real answer, it's just about how much risk you can tolerate. Lower risk = more BTC, higher risk = less BTC. But keep in mind that even BTC itself is high risk compared to any non-crypto investments, so if you're dealing with a lot of money (however much "a lot" is to you) then you won't want to be all in crypto of any kind.

Every cryptomis speculative and risky. If your goal is to get rich then invest in the most speculative coins i.e. not btc. Hold btc if you want a still speculative hedge against it becoming the new currency.

/thread

Unironically 0%. Bitcoin is good for swing trading but that's it.

You shouldn't long term invest in any product that you don't actually believe in, and what kind of a brainlet retard thinks Bitcoin is a good product?

What do when my alts ride in satoshis? It went from 40% to 33%. Should I sell some alts into BTC?

Minimum 50%

0%

That's not the point holding BTC. The point is, you know that BTC performs very well, but you don't know which alt will pump, when it will pump, and how much it will pump.

That's why I'm 100% in BTC. Fuck altcoins, I'm taking my guaranteed gains.

Anywhere from 0-100% depending on the trends.

Why do almost all alts tank when BTC moons?

Yep, they estimate that 4 million mined bitcoins are lost forever.

Add Satoshi's 1 mill, means that, of the 16 million in existence 5 million are gone.

These are scarce. If every rich person wants a bitcoin, there are not enough to go around.

Explain this: in order for Bitcoin to be worth anything, it has to be useful as currency. In order for Bitcoin to be useful as currency, it has to stop going up (otherwise, you'd be a fool to spend it). In order for you to make money speculating, Bitcoin had to keep going up.

Explain how this is not a bubble.

>Bitcoin
>Guaranteed gains
Time to fucking sell.

zero. alts have more potential at this point.

Do it, motherfucker.

25%

Because all of fiat will be put into btc/crypto driving it up until fiat is out of existance and we exclusively use digital currency to purchade goods and services.

Everyones defense is: but btc is a bubble because the government anx central banks wont back it, thats how you know its garbage! No, this is precisely the reason it is skyrocketing and will continue to do so until everyone adopts crypto. Its simply a superior system.

Honestly, if you don't have a significant portion of your net worth in bitcoin it might be difficult to weather the coming storm as speculative money shifts out of overvalued equities, real estate and dollars.
Now that it's been demonstrated that large miners and high net worth individuals can't successfully attack bitcoin's monetary policy, only more money is going to go into btc.
Altcoins have no economic policy because they're centrally controlled, and they are thus not a long term safe haven like btc.

storage
of
value

go read marx fagoot

10% at most, only to buy cheap alts

Rate me guys

30% BTC
30% XMR
20% XPR
10% LINK
10% ETH

Link is stupid and Monero performs almost as bad as fiat.

20-30% and only to hedge against btc trashing the rest. I buy more alts with that btc at discount whenever btc stops doing whatever it was doing.

doing 50% right now. used to be lower but yeesh. BTC so big now. it's hard to not hold.

That's just what I mean. If it's volatile, it isn't a good store of value. If it isn't a good store of value, it isn't a good currency.

Did Marx had some special insight into crypto currencies?

There isn't much to support the idea that cryptos are taking over the role of fiat. Like I said, people mostly own btc as an investment, and they're loathe to spend them.

about %30

The fact that Bitcoin is still over 50% dominance proves that crypto is still an early market.

Bitcoin is nothing but a store of value. Pretty much other currency coins like Litecoin and Vertcoin are superior as a transaction currency.

There are plenty of alts that have (or will have) something else to offer in terms of value that just being a store of value or a transactional currency.

Zero.
Just go all in BTC if it's pumping and you know how long it'll last.

Honestly, the transaction fees are what will kill it once the craze stops. Large investors will be the only ones making money off gaming the system with calculated bets on market times. Once it hits 20k it will drop again. Most casual users only investing a couple hundred dollars here and there are only going to see small gains after transaction fees and likely lose some of their coins in trading alts that they can't recover under the .001 transaction fee threshold. That combined with all the shitty exchanges overcharging is going to get people jaded. The money is in if you bought low and holding, selling a bit, buying more when it dips and repeat... or playing the alt risks. You can make a lot more money when something moons from nothing than on BTC in the short term for relatively small investments. I'm already jaded with the transaction fees with BTC... .001 fee is like 17 dollars.. if you bought a 200, traded 100 for alts, BTC raises by a couple grand, you make 20 dollars before the fee and whatever you lost in the trades.. or I could use other coins that charge pennies with larger gains on small rises.

>just go all in if you know two things you will never know
xDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

This is shitty advice. If you do that and BTC tanks you just lost it all. It WILL tank, it's just a matter of time and the question of when and how far and how long it will tank for and if anyone tries to prop it up.

the same percentage of BTC as total market cap - so, about 60%

>BTC WILL tank
>implying there will be any survivors if true

Worth as much yes, but also cost more. If you buy 100 coins at a dollar, you risked 100 dollars and aren't risking your own hard earned money. If you buy 100 coins at 17,000 then you are risking 1.7 million of your own money.

Not sure if you are really this stupid, or if you are just really bad at math.

BTC is very stable, the liklyhood it will crash or tank beyond repair is very low. It’s a perfect store of value for a lot of smart investors.

>Screencap this
I didnt but I did save your adriaan

Larger exchanges could lower txn fees now by implementing segwit, but they don't because they are in cahoots with the gook miners that are spamming the blockchain. But because the avg transaction is for a high dollar amount, fees can remain high longer than the gooks can remain solvent, esp as mining centralizaton goes down in the future.

100% . all other coins are memes

100%

>tripled my life savings in a month
feelsgoodman.exif