How would you play has a Paladin of a god that is both good and evil at the exact same time?

How would you play has a Paladin of a god that is both good and evil at the exact same time?

Other urls found in this thread:

etcsl.orinst.ox.ac.uk/cgi-bin/etcsl.cgi?text=t.2.4.2.02#
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

By representing one of the sides

Like a Paladin of Neutral. Or like Two-Face whenever he lets Harvey Dent to the surface.

Paladins of Duality?
Every group of new Paladins are split into two groups - those who are the most two faced and vicious are indoctrinated into being the very embodiment of a heroic champion.
Meanwhile those who are the most emphatic and caring are beaten into being the most vile, hateful, and spiteful villain.

Or have the whole gig be balance - for every good deed they have to do something bad or vice versa.

Or go full resonance with it and have it be an automatic effect - saving someone sparks a fire or killing a dog cures a child.

I wouldn't, because it sounds like the kind of edgy thing a 14 year old would want to do.

Fighter. Because you've already fallen.

Alignment - LN

Be Zarathustra from Thus Spoke Zarathustra. Rip off Nietzche in general.

>"What is done out of love always takes place beyond good and evil."

>"Every one who has ever built anywhere a "new heaven" first found the power thereto in his own hell."

>"The man who is to be great is the one who can be the most solitary, the most hidden, the most deviant, the man beyond good and evil, lord of his virtues, a man lavishly endowed with will - this is precisely what greatness is to be called: it is able to be as much a totality as something multi-faceted, as wide as it is full."

Also read this.

etcsl.orinst.ox.ac.uk/cgi-bin/etcsl.cgi?text=t.2.4.2.02#

The god is a god of choice and humanity, torn between good and evil by his very nature, the pit and the highest mountain, so on, so forth.
It's up to his followers, which he'll become, whichever sect becomes more powerful? Well that's how he'll end up.

Oh shit.

It's a child god.

Of course. It does not yet know whether it will be good or evil. All it knows is that it grants paladins the power to do [insert power here].

By being dedicated to old and outdated values, such as vassals, serfdom, chivalry and a religion that has discrepancies, contradictions and values from a time before that.

Combine these three ideas. The god is a child-god, torn between good and evil, as well as good and bad, and in general confused. He grants clerics and paladins power hoping one of them will impress him and persuade him enough with his philosophy that the god himself will adopt it as his own.

Thus his faithful are contemplatives and warrior-ascetics of every ideology and alignment, hoping, teaching, and praying that the Young God should choose their way. His entire "religion" is just a big contest to see what kind of Man the God should become.

What's the most you've ever lost on a coin toss?

Christianity :^)

Play it like a paladin of any irl god. Basically helping the poor and weak one day and killing people with different beliefs the next..

I wouldn't because that shit sounds retarded

As absolutely Machiavellian in nature.

"The most important thing is maintaining society. Civilization is a single candle in a sea of darkness, and the only thing keeping Orcs and Demons and other monstrosities outside of our walls is the balance of cruelty and love.

Love is important if you want to live in a society worth living in, not merely subsist... but love lends one to being used, abused, so on. Cruelty is necessary to let the world know that they can't use you, they can't threaten you. Our faith has a saying: Speak kindly, but ensure everyone knows you can swing the sword at your side."

Top bunk rights for 2.5 years.

Lawful Good taken to the point of extremism.
The path of genocide is paved with good intentions and all that.

How do you even do it? Rape the maiden, but also marry afterwards?

Oh shit... I just realized what Miura must have read before making Griffith.

Contract schizophrenia.

Christ, on a coin toss? Not even two out of three rock paper scissors? That's rough

Split him into aspects
I dont have it with me right now but i think 3e dieties and demigods had an interesting sun god along those lines
Or maybe it was the manual of the planes

Aisle seat rights on a 4 hour buss trip, once there and once back.
Two years in a row.

You're essentially your God's shoulder angel.
The fact that he's capable of evil doesn't mean you shouldn't use the powers he's given you for good.
So you use his powers for whatever good ends you can, while spreading word of his name, and seeking to hopefully influence him into being less evil.

Everyone deserves saving.
Even your God.

hi there

So a yin yang paladin? Every morning he flips a coin. Heads he is merciful and kind that day. Tails he is firm and brutal. Wears different colored armor and uses different weapons each day.

By not sticking the alignment chart like an absolute you twat.

nicestpersonyoumeet_twistedfuckingpsychopath.jpg

Paladin of absilute neutrality. Every good deed requires an evil one to balance it out. Every evil deed requires a good one to balance it out.
Feed an orphan, starve an adult beggar. Save the world, endanger another.

t. retard who bought the muh crusades meme

You mean like being a Jedi?

But crusaders were the biggest fucking murderous egotistical money-hoarding assholes you could find in that era.

I know. I come from a crusader family. Most crusaders in my family looted and plundered in the Holy Land to fund wars and rebellions back home (and failed) - one even got murdered by an unknown crusader while taking a shit probably over politics back home.

They were a horrible lot of backstabbing warmongering neutral evil douchebags until eventually their territory and funds had shrunk so bad (left with only an estate) they married their only daughter off to a rich farmer/free man/mercenary and the noble family name ended.

>What do you think of the essence of Hell? Hell is when the depths come to you with all that you no longer are or are not yet capable of. Hell is when you can no longer attain what you could attain.

>Hell is when you must think and feel and do everything that you know you do not want.

>Hell is when you know that your having to is also a wanting to, and that you yourself are responsible for it.

>Hell is when you know that everything serious that you have planned with yourself is also laughable, that everything fine is also brutal, that everything good is also bad, that everything high is also low, and that everything pleasant is also shameful.

>But the deepest Hell is when you realize that Hell is also no Hell, but a cheerful Heaven, not a Heaven in itself, but in this respect a Heaven, and in that respect a Hell.

>That is the ambiguity of the God: he is born from a dark ambiguity and rises to a bright ambiguity.

>Equivocalness simplicity and leads to death.

>But ambiguity is the way of life.

>If the left foot does not move, then the right one does, and you move. The God wills this.

I'd start by killing myself