Lets make a post-apocalyptic fantasy setting, Veeky Forums!

> Here's a few rules before we get started.
> This isn't Earth.
> No cliched fantasy races, apart from humans. Let's populate the world with something more interesting than a new sub-race of Elf.
> This is post-apocalyptic fantasy, magic is real. What kind and what it can do is up for discussion.
> Don't go too deep into the magical realm.
> When you post an addition to a detail of the setting, quote the previous posts pertaining to that detail.

OK, let's start.

> Centuries ago, the world's people were happy, and content, and likely would've stayed that way, if a certain Wizard had possessed a good deal more common sense. Dorgon the Wizard, mightiest Magus in all the realm, grew bold, and in his hubris, attempted to do what no man before him dared...

>Don't go too deep into the magical realm.
So we can go a little into the magical realm?

>Centuries ago, the world's people were happy, and content, and likely would've stayed that way, if a certain Wizard had possessed a good deal more common sense. Dorgon the Wizard, mightiest Magus in all the realm, grew bold, and in his hubris, attempted to do what no man before him dared...
>He attempted to cheat the death god with a scheme that dwarfs every dark art in the necronomicon: he would create a breach in the land of the dead, through which he could escape whenever he died. To break into the afterlife would be a monumental feat, one that requires great volumes of magic - the mana of entire kingdoms. To gather the mana necessary he...

>What kind and what it can do is up for discussion.
Wizards outsource "their" magecraft to employed nature spirits, demons, etc. Usually by exchange for money or pre-apocalyptic artifacts.

dorgon is a trash name, change it

>Centuries ago, the world's people were happy, and content, and likely would've stayed that way, if a certain Wizard had possessed a good deal more common sense. Dorgon the Wizard, mightiest Magus in all the realm, grew bold, and in his hubris, attempted to do what no man before him dared...

>He attempted to cheat the death god with a scheme that dwarfs every dark art in the necronomicon: he would create a breach in the land of the dead, through which he could escape whenever he died. To break into the afterlife would be a monumental feat, one that requires great volumes of magic - the mana of entire kingdoms. To gather the mana necessary he...

>he would eventually recruit thousands upon thousands of people with the promise of immortality, that is if they serve him well, assembling them into a machine of war that would destroy the various realms of the world for magical energy

OP here.

A little magical realm is fine, so long as it doesn't get /d/epraved.

Hmm, you're right. How about Zrythax The Defiler?

> Centuries ago, the world's people were happy, and content, and likely would've stayed that way, if a certain Wizard had possessed a good deal more common sense. Dorgon the Wizard, mightiest Magus in all the realm, grew bold, and in his hubris, attempted to do what no man before him dared...
> He attempted to cheat the death god with a scheme that dwarfs every dark art in the necronomicon: he would create a breach in the land of the dead, through which he could escape whenever he died. To break into the afterlife would be a monumental feat, one that requires great volumes of magic - the mana of entire kingdoms. To gather the mana necessary he...
> He would eventually recruit thousands upon thousands of people with the promise of immortality, that is if they serve him well, assembling them into a machine of war that would destroy the various realms of the world for magical energy...
> The souls of these men were bound to their bodies with a blasphemous ritual, and rendered unable to move on to the realm of the dead. Instead, living on as dead husks, completely subservient only to the will of The Defiler. Though they lived as long as their husks persisted, Zrythax desired true immortality...

holy shit, I was gonna make one eariler for my game, where the characters get frozen in time and sent to the future. I knew someone else was making one too. Rad.

>dorgon is a trash name, change it
Drogon

>The army of Undeath raped the Earth and plundered the souls of the living for their mana, bringing it to the wizard's tower carved from titan-bones. Their terror spread in every direction, until they gathered the essence of a hundred lands for the ultimate weapon. However, on the eve of Drogon's victory against death, he is brought low by...

>Hmm, you're right. How about Zrythax The Defiler?
Zrythax the Defiant.
>The souls of these men were bound to their bodies with a blasphemous ritual, and rendered unable to move on to the realm of the dead. Instead, living on as dead husks, completely subservient only to the will of The Defiler. Though they lived as long as their husks persisted, Zrythax desired true immortality...
>The army of Undeath raped the Earth and plundered the souls of the living for their mana, bringing it to the wizard's tower carved from titan-bones. Their terror spread in every direction, until they gathered the essence of a hundred lands for the ultimate weapon. However, on the eve of Drogon's victory against death, he is brought low by...
These two don't conflict.

Live on, post-apoc fantasy thread thing. I retire to my bed.

I expect great things when I wake up.

I kind of like Zrythax The Defiant better than Dragon for the Wizard's name. What if the Wizard's name was Drogon during his mortal life, and when he ascended to almost godlike magical power, he changed his name to Zrythax The Defiant, but many who resent him call him Zrythax The Defiler?

> He attempted to cheat the death god with a scheme that dwarfs every dark art in the necronomicon: he would create a breach in the land of the dead, through which he could escape whenever he died. To break into the afterlife would be a monumental feat, one that requires great volumes of magic - the mana of entire kingdoms. To gather the mana necessary he...
> He would eventually recruit thousands upon thousands of people with the promise of immortality, that is if they serve him well, assembling them into a machine of war that would destroy the various realms of the world for magical energy...
> The souls of these men were bound to their bodies with a blasphemous ritual, and rendered unable to move on to the realm of the dead. Instead, living on as dead husks, completely subservient only to the will of The Defiler. Though they lived as long as their husks persisted, Zrythax desired true immortality,
> So he tasked his unholy horde with gather the souls of the living. The Wizard's army of Undeath raped the Earth and plundered the souls of the living for their mana, bringing it to the wizard's tower carved from titan-bones. Their terror spread in every direction, until they gathered the essence of a hundred lands for the ultimate weapon. However, on the eve of Drogon's victory against death, he is brought low by...
> Bob, a pissed-off Farmer wielding an artifact spear...

> The souls of these men were bound to their bodies with a blasphemous ritual, and rendered unable to move on to the realm of the dead. Instead, living on as dead husks, completely subservient only to the will of The Defiler. Though they lived as long as their husks persisted, Zrythax desired true immortality,
> So he tasked his unholy horde with gather the souls of the living. The Wizard's army of Undeath raped the Earth and plundered the souls of the living for their mana, bringing it to the wizard's tower carved from titan-bones. Their terror spread in every direction, until they gathered the essence of a hundred lands for the ultimate weapon. However, on the eve of Drogon's victory against death, he is brought low by...
> Bob, a pissed-off Farmer wielding an artifact spear...
>See, when the wizard had gone into preparation for the world changing spell he was to bring about, he found he was slightly low on the mana needed. Figuring it was a minor thing with the wards on his person, he broke the ritual binding his horde for the dregs of mana it had. Then Bob walked in...

zrythax is shit as well. X and Z, wtf is this some star wars or something.

lemme brainstorm some names and if op like one then choose lol.

nimfaurod, korthifaux, nauf-uruleid, luzerim, luteimurus, atulyon, turumo, klamdrifaul, ezerlake, samgailir, mulundros, norfaustor

tech
>really advanced alchemy (weapons, source of energy, healing, power ups...)
>early firearms

races of the world before apocalypse
>harpies
female only race. reproduce by kidnapping men, mating with big birds and some witches choose to become harpies. flesh eating witches with avian features. first occurred by some ancient curse, does not matter

>elk beastmen
respected primitive forest dwelling race. spearmen, druids, wise mages. ancient human lords used to seek them out to consult with them, because they are oh so wise.

>golems
elementals created from alchemy

>cyclops
the first fleshy race created by alchemy (after homunculi - the race that doesn't matter). brute servants turned into man eating barbarian hordes

I lied. One more before bed...

>Bob, a pissed-off Farmer wielding an artifact spear...
>Of course, Bob is shorthand for Robert Woodsen, son of William Woodsen. He skewered the wizard on his spear, Fellfinger, and ended Undeath's campaign of blasphemy. However, this still leaves a massive supply of mana, which was quickly seized by various kingdoms and used to...

>early firearms
And magic lasers.

>races of the world before apocalypse
Also orcs. Well, the classic pig kind that nobody uses.

>Those pents are mine
>mfw

how about triceraptos type orcs?

Why not both? Three-horned pig orcs.

Also Elephant Seal Ogres

elephant seal ogres with walrus tusks and covered in seaweed, raiders coming out of the sea

okso

races
>orcs (need diff race name? pigmen?) that are pigs with triceratops features
>ogres (need diff race name?) elephant seals with tusks, seaweed covered brutes that come raiding out of the water...

more ideas for wizard name: nezerim, atuleimurus

Hey op, see the comment 2 back of yours?

They don't conflict, but they are meant for the same space. Wanna just combine 'em?

The Ogres are called the Odobe. They are large and brutish creatures that live on the coasts and regularly lay about on beaches. While naturally tending towards lazyness they are adept and crafty sorts who realize the potential power they can wield by controlling key waterways.

In spite of their size they can swim quite well in water and their long tusks are often adorned with jewelry that detail their deeds with colored stones hewn into rings to slip on their tusks.

OP here, Nice Quads. I support the tech and race suggestions, with the caveat that the early firearms are primitive enough that medieval weaponry is still viable.

I feel like the Elk Beastfolk are bland and one-dimensional !NotElves... What if they were Celtic Pagans that gather into barbarian hordes to destroy civilization every now and then, while mostly keeping to themselves? I don't think Golems should be a major race, but I'm not sure how else we could implement then.

You're right, Zrythax is a mediocre name... I'm largely neutral on the Wizard's name, but I like the idea of him being named Drogon before he rose to power, and having the Defiler/Denier title. I must admit, I do quite like Klamdrifaul, Mulundroa, and Luteimurus.

Glorious Pents, mate. Magic Lasers sound pretty cool and fit in with the very advanced alchemy.

Dinosaur/Pig Orcs and Elephant Seal Ogres? I like the originality here, but we need to come up with some different race names.Here's some suggestions.

> Dino-Pig Orcs: On'thall, Orthras, Okrom, Okroni, Orvirt.
> Elephant Seal Ogres: Tuek, Maukri, Rohut, Efrul, Bognirl, Furtists.

Sounds good.

OP here, didn't see your post. I like this idea, but what if the Elephant Seal Ogres were amphibious, and needed to stay on land sometimes, and they'd rather have little people do all of their hard labor for them, so many tribes raid for wlaves?

lets clarify some things about undeath

when you cheat death, like the wizard from OP and second post, you briefly disconnect yourself from reality right after it recognizes the fact that you died, so you don't get transported into the afterlife. so you almost instantly return into your body with a second life, you are regenerated from old age and wounds

why regeneration?
because when you die and go to the afterlife, you regenerate out of your old age (all the ppl in the afterlives appear as their most healthy selves)

undead die, but are forcibly pulled back into the living world.

vampires exist, but they are not undead. they prolong their lives with parasitic lifestyle. just about anyone can't become a vampire

why odobe tho?

also they are whalers and fishermen. and another advantage they have over other races is that they can construct dams and defend them well, effectively cancelling others out of water supply

tech
>really advanced alchemy (weapons, source of energy, healing, power ups...)
>early firearms

+ >teleportation is most advanced in magic, but it's also very costly because it can be such a cheat in war...

decide on the wizard name

well !NotCeltic Pagans is just as bad as !NotElves, need something different. maybe they are aliens deercthulhu?

and golems are not a race i guess, they are just widespread alchemical constructs. ogres are a race though, because they breed!

i prefer Maukri, Tuek, Rohut names for the ogre race (they do sound like tuskarr from wow though)

maybe they are divided into a smaller race of seal servants (basically goblins or something) and the Big Uns with tusks that live and plot underwater?

What about Orcs that ride dinosaurs?

>ogres are a race
cyclops*

well, dinosaur-pigs riding dinosaurs? i dont know

"orcs" hail from desert-jungle kingdoms? and ride spiders, scorpions and maybe some type of burrowing worm that they quite literally enter in a similar fashion that we enter a bus... ?

If we're doing golems and alchemy and magic lasers, can we get some ancient superweapons in here?

The Dam-Orath do not tire.

The Dam-Orath need not feed.

The Dam-Orath need not slake their thirst on anything save the blood of men.

They have no origin, no wellspring from which they sprung. Some say the Dam-Orath are the rage of the world made carapace and slick bile, come to reap vengeance against those that ruined it, to exterminate life.

The Dam-Orath live in the harsh north, frozen like statues, an army of lifeless golems. In fatefull times a dread fog will pour from the mountains and bathe the slumbering hordes in primordial malice. Ice and rock cracks only just enough to allow the creatures to move their wicked limbs, black oil seeping from the wounds.

Each Dam-Orath is a monolith of terror, ten feet in height with two to four arms bearing thick, wicked claws made to crush bone and rend flesh. Underneath millennia of never melting ice and grime and rocky patina lay a black carapace, glittering with blue and purple hues in a dazzling array. Plates of chitin create a suit of armor that sings a mournfoul dirge with every movement. The ancients that first observed these creatures compared them to crabs. The head of a Dam-Orath is a blind, faceless helm, sloping sides meeting into a proud axe-head topped by a broad, crustacean crown. Black oil that corrupts the land it touches with infertility seeps from the gaps in these horrors armour, as does a low battle horn bellow from the sinister helm of the Dam-Orath.

While mysterious and dangerous beyond measure, the Dam-Orath are not invulnerable, their age old aegis of rock, ice, and shell can be broken, revealing pulpy white flesh that dries and withers to nothing along with the rest of the creature.

The rock and ice rime that builds up over Dam-Orath during their deathless hibernation is highly saught after, as it can be used in the most steadfast of armour.

>Lets make a post-apocalyptic fantasy setting.
There's a nuclear war, then I have sex with Scarlett Johansson.

It happens in a setting.

OP here, the mechanics behind Undeath sound great. I like the idea of the Ogres being whalers, fishermen, and dam builders, and that seems like a good way to balance teleportation.

If I have to choose a name, I'll go with Mulundros The Defiant because that sounds badass. The Elk Beastfolk being !NotCeltic Pagans is almost as bad as them being !NotElves. What if they were Fey, and their shamans had a connection with Eldritch Nature Spirits that they worshiped? They should be at least somewhat Celtic, because that fits druidic Elk Beastfolk almost perfectly. What if they were somewhat Celtic and Elfish, with some Fey elements?

What if Maukri, Tuek, and Rohut were the names of different Ogre cultures, with Maurek being the Ogre name as a whole? I don't much care for the idea of them being servile to giant underwater Ogres, bur I don't know.

That's a badass idea

Cyclops should be extremely capable Smiths and artisans, that have their own small, feuding city states, with the Cyclopean hordes being made up of primitive nomad tribes that never settled down.

Dino-Pig Orcs riding scorpions, spiders, and giant worms? That's also badass. What if there were two Orcs cultures, and one hails from the Jungle, riding scorpions, spiders, and giant worms, and the other hails from the Plains, riding war oxen, feathered velociraptors, and I'm not sure... Maybe mundane horses?

Sure, go ahead and suggest some.

This is extremely badass and should be canon.

You have patrician taste, friend, but here isn't the place for that. I suggest you check out /s/.

>Nice Quads
Those aren't quads unless the last number matches the preceding three. For example, my pents.

>> Dino-Pig Orcs: On'thall, Orthras, Okrom, Okroni, Orvirt.
These are dumb.
>> Elephant Seal Ogres: Tuek, Maukri, Rohut, Efrul, Bognirl, Furtists.
I like Maukri.

>also they are whalers and fishermen. and another advantage they have over other races is that they can construct dams and defend them well, effectively cancelling others out of water supply
Megaprojects in post-apoc?

>You have patrician taste, friend, but here isn't the place for that. I suggest you check out /s/.
Actually, it's a good idea. How else are you gonna end the world if not nuclear war? Natural (and supernatural) disasters are boring.

>Nausicaa
Divine taste. Have you read the manga?

>Of course, Bob is shorthand for Robert Woodsen, son of William Woodsen. He skewered the wizard on his spear, Fellfinger, and ended Undeath's campaign of blasphemy. However, this still leaves a massive supply of mana, which was quickly seized by various kingdoms and used to...
Nobody's adding to this so I'll just...

>Create great weapons of immeasurable power. They built temples that projected shields the size of mountains. They crafted giant spears that pierced stone and earth. And at their pinnacle, they mastered spells that could destroy cities. It was only a matter of time before the kingdoms destroyed the world in magic fire.

As the Dam-Orath linger in dreamless death in the farthest reaches of the indomitable north, hidden by blizzard and mountain, the elves dwell in the heart of the southern continent.

The Elves where once a fair folk, said to be the quasimortal descendants of the Fey Folken, or even of the Angels those justiciars beyond time and space. They lived many centuries and in their long lives they dedicated themselves to fine crafts. Every Elf was a master of song, dance, or art and every master had an Magnum Opus to which they devoted their time to, to be completed days before their passing. They where a delicate people, far removed from th3 suffering of the mundane world. Then the world was split asunder.

The very foundations of the Elvish homeland where shaken, then broken, the grand forest keeps fallen into great fissures in the earth, waves overtaking the splendid shorline cities and dragging them into the sea. Upon the passing of the Cataclysm the Elven lands where naught but broken crag, dusty steppe, and wicked, rotting jungle. The back of Elven culture was broken, their racial identity lost to the Apocalypse.

In that dark time they reforged their people. The Thanquillian peoples of the west, whos grand cliffside cities where taken by the depths began to commune with something in those murky, ruinous depths, and eventually disappeared into the waves. The Anathey statesman, from the sweeping grasslands now turned to dust and ash, dealt with devils and demons to save their people. All it took was for a senator to stutter and slur a word, it is unknown exactly what word it was, and the souls of a third of the elvish peoples were taken and their bodies twisted into horned monstrosities that even to this day plauge the south. The Valinarii craftpeoples and the sorcererous Elidarius monks fled into the relative saftey of the jungles.

Three centuries passed.

Which part is the fantasy and which part is the apocalypse?

>How else are you gonna end the world if not nuclear war?
Sex with a flabby old hag, apparently.

This isn't just awesome, it's awesoma nad also dubs

ABERRATIONS
After the mortals' world ends the alien ones rise up for their time.

I wrote all this flowery bullshit then my browser refreshed and I lost all my shit.

So fuck it here's a synopsis that makes them look less original than I thought they where.

The Ethíantii came out of the jungles a unified people and over the decade to come built an empire.

>Biology
Their eyes have metallic irises and reversed pupil and sclera colors (I.e. white pupil black sclera) and are sensitive to light with limited darkvision. Their skin is typically pallid, but seems to absorb light as if it where pitch black making them seem darker than they are, like a "deep grey". Long dark hair and sweeping horns are the most "cosmetic feature" and males will often gore eachother with them or their taloned hands during fights. Ethíantii typically have fucked up teeth, with a seemingly random assortment of fangs and snaggle teeth (dentistry is a legitimate profession in their culture). They are tall and wiry, but only slightly taller on average than humans.

>Culture
The word Ethíantii is an ancient elven word for Ascended. They see themselves as better than literally else, but are physically incapable of feeling pride, so they're not dicks about it, just very matter of fact. The Ethíantii are turbo autists every facet of their culture revolves around global conquest by way of warfare and subjugation. There isn't a job in the Domárian Imperium that isn't well respected because all jobs help the Legionaries and the maintenance of the Imperium. Ethíantii have a huge slaving culture, from greek and roman systems of slavery to American South back breaking, soul crushing, slavery. In fact slaves can own slaves that own slaves that have servants. There are chains of ownership that are more convoluted than family trees. The Ethíantii are bizarrely industrial and calculating, art and entertainment is a foreign import. They do have songs in the form of Moritarrii Deathsingers, warriors that charge into battle outside of the normal rank and file and sing one of the Seven Thousand and Seven Tones of Doom, a universal concept that the Ethíantii have only begun to master.

Basically Autistic ugly Drow+Qunari elf descendants with a Spanish Conquistador+Roman+Greek culture with Mordor architecture and industry with Roman legions with Mongolian throat singing epic leveled bards that loadsa slaves.

Oh amd they believe in a single God that they must kill because it fucked them what with the end of the world and all.

What are your questions?

It's basically a contrast between the Dam-Orath which are an army of the natural world striking against artificial society and the Domárian Imperium is a hugely artificial people that are striking back at the natural world.

Kickass lore. I think we should call the Elves as a whole Älfs, as their species has degenerated in the centuries after the apocalypse, and pure-blooded Elves are either extinct, or almost extinct, and unheard of.

I think we should call the Elephant Seal Ogres the Maurek as the singular, and Maukri as the plural. For the Dino-Pig Orcs, let's call them Xret as the singular, and Xrettin as the plural. The Xrettish nomad hordes sound badass.

Well my hope was that the Ethíantii would be the only true elves left, all the others either died, got cursed into monsters, or disappeared. This way we can cut down on a million variations on fucking elf.

The maritime Maukri is pretty cool, as is shamanistic Xrettin.

So we have our Lizardmen and Orc bases covered, as well as our Merfolk and Ogre bases I think. The Ethíantii cover Hobgoblin and Elf.

What else can we throw into the mix to work?

we need geography, some basic map

also have we decided already what caused the apocalypse? i kind of stopped reading the posts there... what i had in mind is that the wizard and his armies started destroying entire realms for mana, he and a circle of his lieutenants accessed the ability to cheat death, the rest of his armies (maybe not all) were "blessed" with undeath, so eventually a number of people started worshiping the wizard as the new god of death. and this caught the attention of the true god of death.

so then

a massive war

so they basically look like dremora?

Eh, kinda. Altmer build, Dunmer/Falmer complexion, sweeping horns. Think Llorwyn elves from Magic but with fucked up snaggle teeth and ripped from a spartan childhood. Or lanky Qunari from Dragon Age. Scarification and tattoos are common to identify caste, job, birthplace, and other administrative data. You can basically learn everything you need to know about an Ethíantius can be discerned from looking at them. Short hair? Soldier. X marks across his hands? Probably a carpenter. Tattoos on his face? Senator or other official. Slaves have their horns lopped off and their scalp shaven, the rest of their hair in a queue, although Ethíantii slaves are rare since the turboautists tend to rather die than be dishonoured.

As for the Cataclysm I'm not really tracking what the official story is, but I definitely think there should be at least a couple events that ruined the world. Two acts of mutually assured destruction and one major natural disaster

And their architectural and equipment styles are distinctly Mordor-ish.

Imagine if a Soviet architect, a Black Numenorian, and a Roman got together and are conpeteing to make the most utilitarian, oppressive, and sturdy buildings, arms, and armour possible.

As for language imagine a bunch of Spaniards running around trying to speak a Latin-German mishmash. Utilitarian, descriptive, precise, and capable of creating new words if necessary to describe a new threat or idea.

Unfortunately it's not very subtle or nuanced, and subtext often escapes them

The Ethíantii's weakness are typically their interactions with other nations. Since the world has gone to shit there isn't really any formal government for the trundling machine of the Domárian Imperium to treat with. And since their mindset is comparatively alien, diplomacy is often just the native diplomats or clan elders or what have you trying to appease these demon eyed freaks while the Ethíantii just get pissed off that they won't shoot straight or bend to their will. Ethíantian "diplomacy" usually ends in salted earth, slaughtered men, and a shit load of slaves.

Enough on my Sue Autist HobElves
The Maurkri are a maritime peoples, whalers, fishermen, and ship builders. Kind and hearty to those that can ease their way past the initial aggressiveness and distrusting xenophobia. While they keep to themselves on the land, the churing waters of the dead world are some of the most deadly environs on the plane. Amongst the legions of mutated creatures, sea serpents, and wild waves are a myriad of wicked creatures more than willing to drag the poor souls of the land to the pitch black depths. In stark contrast to the wild disorder of the land, the Churdoz build a continent sized coral fortress in dedication to their Deepest Gods, slowly awakening entities trapped in the deepest reaches of the ocean abyss, awoken by the Great Undeath, slowly stiring to reclaim the ancient earth and return to their eldritch stars.

The Churdoz are a cephalopodic people, possessing long torsos with six arms radiating from the top of their trunk. A membranous mantle attaches their back arms to their serpentine torso. Their long arms are tipped in four fingers with toothy suction cups on the bottoms. What constitutes their "legs" are four tentacles and two water spouts. Their large octipoid heads posses most of their few bones, as a complex manible system conceals an extraordinarily powerful beak and razor tipped tongue. Their mandibles are framed by a beard of powerful tentacles, which are as important in communication as they are in eating and combat.

So where's the postapoc in all this?
>I think we should call the Elves as a whole Älfs
So we call them elves?

I think we're just establishing the races of the world.

Big, oppressive, scrap empires are nothing new in Post Apoc, nor are nomadic tribesmen or incredibly niche cultures. But in the intrest of progress what would recommend to remedy this?

>But in the intrest of progress what would recommend to remedy this?
It needs more nuclear war. Once we sort out the major kingdoms of the olden times we can get to the juicy details of mutually assured destruction.

yeah, but alchemical nukes, maybe with magic. and undeath.

reminder that normal tech is basically at early firearms level, and that's for the humans and ethiantii. other races are less advanced and mostly survive by P-P-PRIMAL POWER!!!

idk if its worth for OP or someone else to make some google doc, this thread is dead, nobody is interest and it only gets bumped by this turbo autist but yeah still need to sort out

>geography
>so what caused the post apocalypse?
>all the tech levels (including ancient god tech), whats possible to do

I think the setting should be using salt as currency.

>Salt
>Not bottlecaps
Pleb.

Pukwudgies as a stand in for small and primitive but "intelligent" species.

Fair. So take a step away from Gritty Post Apoc Wierd Fantasy and look into the past High Magitek Grimbright Fantasy?

So a map doesn't matter really since I think the apocalyptic event could have completely reshaped the globe, or flat plane, but I think we need

>Names of the PreWar nations/cultures/species
>Technological level of each/the prewar world overall
>A simplified blow by blow of how shit went down, mutliple natural and manmade disasters leading into the end of the world
>A name for the Habbening that Habbened

After that we can obscure the details as neccesary but we need the context of the past to inform the grim future.

Personally I think the Archlich was the spark that lit the candle of Armageddon, which we should call the Necrocaust. Natural disasters where already on the rise and the nations of the world already peaked in their arms race. The world was looking for a reason to explode and it got it with the asshole trying to cheat death.

The prewar world probably was some crazy "Magic/science so advanced its science/magic" shit in the style of Renaissance europe.

I mean I could let the thread die, or even worse eat up the post count with infinite, useless "bump"s. At least I'm contributing, right?

Gold, Silver, and Platinum as a fiat currency for the "weapon" metals, Copper, Bronze, Iron, Steel, Mithril or whatever the fuck magic metals we use. That's only in the civilized parts of the world. Direct trade is far more common, salt being one such commodity traded for goods and services.

>>Names of the PreWar nations/cultures/species
Most are forgotten, burned away by lethal energies. Those that are remembered have their names burned into the mountains and the plains by forces too powerful for the Men of the Scorched Age to comprehend.

They are Argor, Kingdom of slaves and masters; Vytoria, empire of freedmen, built by the hands of masons who owned their tools; The Hundred Spears, realm of many, a metropolitan confederation of races long twisted by magic and time into something else; among others still remembered by the wisemen and the dragons.

>>Technological level of each/the prewar world overall
Obviously very high. Most of the Old World's great feats of magic and stone were lost in the War of Fire, and the weapons that destroyed the Old World were likewise lost. However, artifacts that survive give a clue to the lives of the ancients, such as massive labyrintine networks beneath the ruins of cities, and advanced magic weapons modern wizards could only partly emulate. Ruins such as the pillars of sea-spanning bridges pay testament to the height of the Old World's wonders.

>>A simplified blow by blow of how shit went down, mutliple natural and manmade disasters leading into the end of the world
So first we have the Undeath's Jihad where crazy wizard tried to open a hole in the afterlife through by sacrificing entire empires. He and his army got killed, and the kingdoms seized all his research and mana, triggering a gilded age where magic permeated through all strata of life. However, excessive use of magic caused all sorts of weird phenomena like freak fire hurricanes, acid rain, mutated wildlife, fantasy tentacle cancer, and megatsunamis filled with razor-sharp glass (actually shards of solid mana, very toxic). On top of that, among the magical marvels concocted were tools of destruction: iron golems like the pic above, autonomous warriors of steel like pic related, magic lasers that pierce armor, armor that deflects all forms of attack, and flying ships. Most terrible of these weapons are the kingslayers, the spells and war machines used by the Old World to destroy civilization as we knew it. AND Undeath lived on through cults and cabals scattered through the world.

So we have magic storms, necromancer cults, and magonuclear war. Fun.
>>A name for the Habbening that Habbened
The War of Fire it is called by the north, the Burning by the south, the Starfall by the east, and the Long Day by the west.

I think dragons should be flatout extinct. Infact, most "mythical" creatures should either be extinct, dying out, or mutated beyond recognition. I think that should be the design philosophy behind all the races, besides humanity.

Elves become fucked up Hobgoblins, Ogres into sealmen, Orcs into Dinopigs, mermaids into Octodad, etc.

Take a standard fantasy race, then fuck it up then you're good to go.

For example:
>Centaur
>Now inbred, six(or so) legged, skinless, tribal savages with heads like horse skulls with lower jaws that split open like mandibles. Have radioactive war paint.

Bam, add some relevant fluff and lore with a new edgy race name an viola!

Also this thread is relevant to our interests and can explain why wizards are typically frail and wear protective robes and why everything is fucked

How about Numenera? BAM! Done. No thanks needed.