Why almost every spell generates electromagnetic radiation?

Why almost every spell generates electromagnetic radiation?

Other urls found in this thread:

suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive/25898657/
suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive/25936580/
suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive/25961740
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Feedback

Cherenkov radiaton. You're channeling energy from other dimensions into your own, it has to decelerate down past the speed of light.

It's called hard light.

Fuck. We're all gonna die from cancer now.

Cherenkov radiation is actually basically harmless by itself.
In real life however, it's only really found in situations (such as the core of an active nuclear reactor) where you're quite likely to be instantly dead within seconds of having entered the area.

Energy inefficiency. You are pulling energy from wherever to fuel your spell, but similar to all electrical systems, the process in never 100% energy efficient. In electrical systems, the waste energy is typically released in the form of heat, sometimes as light. With magical energy, this seems to be flipped.

They don't. Where the hell are you getting the idea that they do?

Because magic IS electricity, remember?

fucking martials not knowing anything about magic. just go back to swinging steel plates and wooden boards or whatever it is you do.

fucking martials, man.

Magic is actually a tiny insignificant portion of the greater electromagnetic portfolio of the God of Electromagnetism (and a little bit of magic).

Enthropy, man

Because if it didn't then how would the viewers know that magic was being cast?

There are spells that don't use electromagnetic radiation. Those spells involve forces that come from outside the self.

In short, from warlocks or clerics. Clerics of good gods shunt their powers through the cleric himself, so those clerics still give a good lightshow. Clerics of evil gods only avoid that when they need to, to lessen the strain on the world and prevent the good deities from acting to squash their actions.

Warlocks are in the same situation.

Druids, interestingly, tend to make patterns of dappled sunlight and cause new buds on nearby plants to glow while they grow. It's a really interesting phenomenon, and one that has been widely studied by a few wizard/druid mixes, but the only real conclusion is that it works the same as warlock pact-holders bending reality, but where nature is bending itself to do its own bidding through the druid.

It brings up a really nifty chicken-and-egg dilemma whose last great debate, sadly, was lost in a horde of frenzied baboons. We're mostly sure that the losing side called forth the baboons, but which side that was is still a subject of much debate and uncertainty.

I remember how three worker got flashed with that stuff at a Japanese nuclear plant. They were told to submarge nuclear fuel into a solution. Apparently, they have received no proper training to do that stuff. Nuclear fission happened, as they put too much of the nuclear fuel inside.

All three got the flash of dead, a lethal dose of gamma radiation. They immediately felt nauseous and vomited before losing consciousness in a matter of second. One of them managed to run three paces before losing consciousness.

When the doctors got them they noticed that All their chromosomes were dead. White blood cell was zero. The doctors attempted to keep them alive. Their bodies began to decay in the following months. Their skin began to slough off their bodies. The intestines began to melt. Muscular tissue broke down to the point where it began to slide off of his bones. The one who managed to live longest was 82 days.

Arcane Conductive Radience.

When it comes to actually channeling arcane energy there seems to be a limit that is both soft and hard at the same time.

On the one hand, with training you are able to channel greater levels of arcane energy and thus conduct more powerful spells but at the same time there are caps that most mortal beings seem to reach before it becomes physically dangerous to the user to channel that level of arcane hence why truly powerful and forbidden spells require multiple people to spread out the level of arcane being conducted one such ritual being the Hymn of Sorrows which requires as many as 3000 disciples to cast.

With various levels of augmentations, implements to help ease the burden of Arcane conductance or even just have a really good heritage higher levels can be achieved

Holy shit. that thread was three years ago.

Why cant magic be boson Higgs radiation?

Magic doesn't produce radiation as we know it, or as we are capable of measuring

What it does do is piss off whatever wavelength of anything that was where it passes through, and THAT'S the radiation that we can detect. It's why Air spontaneously changes colors and how magic punches entropy in the dick enough to make fire or ice out of thin air- Fukken Wavelengths

Electro-what? Geoffrey, what the heck are you talking about? The only things magic generates is its intended effect, and a whole lot of waste Ploops and Blorps. Stop reading that "physics" nonsense and learn some proper magic.

Link pls user.

Because it's magic. If you don't include some gestural flourishes and fairy lights you can hardly call it a spell, can't you? There's simply a proper way some things are done.

suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive/25898657/
and it's follow ups
suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive/25936580/
and
suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive/25961740

meant to link to

>And this is the GM's 1,070-page political/magical manifesto
I can't stop reading, send help.

Exactly. I wouldn't be caught dead performing the Rites of AshKente using the supposed "three small pieces of wood and 4cc of mouse blood" method. It's got to be done using numerous drippy candles, octograms written in chalk on the floor, thuribles, and at least seven wizards.

Mostly because vidyagaems, film, and cartoons are visual media that often feel the need to telegraph that something is happening. It's not strictly necessary in film or cartoons either, but visuals are the default there. Vidya's more stuck with it because you need to know something's happening regardless of the many contexts it might be happening in.

In tabletop and lit there's little reason for this to be the case beyond shit bleeding through and our habit of using illustrations. Especially illustrations scrubbed of context. Tell me definitively which spell OP's pic is casting. You can't.

Well, yes

When you completely scramble somebodies entire genetic structure on a cellular level, the body completely loses it's ability to regenerate. At that point they were basically just bags of organic material.

Thanks fampai

They only create slight disturbances in heat gradients. That's why magic is invisible to humans, but whenever you see elvish or dwarven illustrations, they depict big swirly patterns and glows- they have infrathermal night vision. Also why they get bonuses on magic lore.

It's magic! I don't have to explain shit.

I regret asking for this Jesus fucking Christ

Do you prefer flashy magic or subtle magic?

Most portraits of magic makes me feel like I'm playing a videogame.

>>And this is the GM's 1,070-page political/magical manifesto

>apparently he can fly and teleport
>but he prefers to run the tabletop games instead

"Light" is a form of EM radiation. Almost ever visual depiction of magic involves some sort of colorful glow. It's a joke thread, user. Lighten Up.

You have to go back, Carlos.

Maybe magic is a living beein that wants to look cool?

What if magic is made of ghosts?

Silly user. Everybody knows that magic comes from microscopic organism.

Fuck off, George.

I liked the Midi-chlorians, you fuck off

but magic doesn't even come from midichlorians

I like how they tied together the midi-chlorians and the classic Force in the Clone Wars tv series. Physical Force informing the Cosmic Force.