So the sickly young Lord died but not before impreganating his young nurse. Is the girl and her child in any danger...

So the sickly young Lord died but not before impreganating his young nurse. Is the girl and her child in any danger? The bastard so he has no ligitimate claim right?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_the_Conqueror
youtube.com/watch?v=dAfsufwxvwc
youtube.com/watch?v=EShUeudtaFg
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/King_Arthur
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Depends on a lot of factors, but generally the extended family will probably not want to give up on their share of the inheritance for an illegitimate and unborn child.

So they'll split the land up between themselves and ignore the claim.

He still might try to claim the throne and gain support if the next ruler is a dick.

The kid on his own has no powerbase to make a claim from, but if things get messy some side in the conflict could grab him to legitimize their claim. So if it doesn't look like it'll be a smooth transition to whoever else would inherit the place a promt miscarriage may be best for her.

Legitimacy lies in military power and the excuses to use it. As long as that kid lives it can be used as an excuse for whoever wants to be in power next.

So said girl can live a normal life with her child? Our party is trying to determine what to do with the girl.

Raise the child and use him to destroy the next lordship and become rulers yourselves.

I present to you Billy the Bastard.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_the_Conqueror

Depends on the fucking setting, you monkey.

Sell the girl to slavers and have the child used as fertilizer.

The kid doesn't matter.
As long as there is the STORY of the kid floating around, whoever wants to stage a coup can produce a child that looks kinda like the old king, of about the right age, and have a go.
The girl will probably end up dead, or under crown supervision to say 'you're not the king's issue' to 200 random passerbys per day.

Look, bastards have been legitimized before. Those bluebloods put a lot of importance into the continuity of their houses, and if the only valid person is a bastard, then so be it.

>The prime minister suddenly produces a totally-legit-and-not-forged-at-all document in which the king legitimized his only son moments before his death.
>The marshall of the realm suddenly produces a totally-legit-and-not-forged-at-all document in which the king adopted him as his only legitimate son moments before his death
>The queen suddenly produces a totally-legit-and-not-forged-at-all document in which the king proclaimed men and women can rule and inherit on equal grounds moments before his death
Wat do?

Put the queen in her place with your dick, kill the pm, square up against the Marshall for control.

>Wat do?
The time-honored tradition of a realm going into war of succession.

The Iron Throne is mine by right. All those who deny that are my foes.

And in Anglo Saxon England, all male children of a ruler or great man were Aethelings. It came to mostly be applied to royal children, but initially it was more nebulously about nobility.

But in say, the royal example the legitimate and illegitimate sons were all valid candidates for the throne, as determined by voting of the nobles.

It took a papal decree to move it towards "only legitimate children born in wedlock can inherit titles" but many kings had at least a dozen or so bastards, and one, 25. So they handed out titles to them or did well by them. Few were legitimized to the extent they could inherit, and the terms of the acknowledgement often specifically stipulated they could not, but that didn't always stop their descendants. Like, more than once the eventual winners of battles from the throne stemmed from houses that got their start because daddy said "You're my son and you need a decent title!" to one of his kids.

Like how the War of the Roses ended.

It's another case of 'depends on the society, laws and customs you're not sharing'.

Garbage in, garbage out user.

>not also putting the prime minister and marshall in place with your dick

Other lords will want to use the bastard to leverage a claim. Guard the mother and later the baby to secure your parties claim.

The Welsh translation of that papal decree must have got lost in the post. Under ye olde Welsh law so long as the father acknowledged the child as his it was legally binding.

Civil.
War.

>but not before impreganating

IS SHE...

GREGNANT?

Is there a story to go with this?

Not that user, but youtube.com/watch?v=dAfsufwxvwc

Post the original you boy molesting fruit.
youtube.com/watch?v=EShUeudtaFg

Shit, sorry. Didn't check too closely.

In general you'd see them in a fair to high amount of danger.

Even if the woman and her child are perfectly nice and willing to live quietly in obscurity he could be used by someone that disagreed with the new heir. If the nurse and two witnesses swear she secretly married the Prince, for example, you could easily lead to a clusterfuck.

If you were the new heir you'd want them close, where your enemies can't use them, far away in exile, where your enemies can't use them, or dead.

This thread could use more character art for, I don't know, let's say scientific purposes.

Usually a servant known to be pregnant with the Lords child would not be allowed to leave the state right? She would need to run away.
Did she love the Lord? Was she coerced?

Theres nothing lewd abouy pregnant women. It's actually endearing.

Big ol pregnant tits beg to differ. Plus, Might be into pregnant chicks, to each their own brocacho.

I've played enough CK2 to know that innocence won't save inconvenient bastards threatening the plans of ambitious nobles.

And Arthur before him
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/King_Arthur

The One True King

Stannis! Stannis! Stannis!

>Mocked me, defied me, threatened me, and offered me a peach

>tfw you spent years guiding the lordling from the shadows trying to get him to build a new legal order.
This wouldn't have happened if Kircheis were still here.

Would anyone marry the girl now?

Depends on who knows. If it's one person, they might be able to live quietly. If it's a widely known thing or the bastard is acknowledged then they'd be generally kept close and protected. If the King has no other heir he might even legitimize the bastard or get the nurse to claim they were married before the Prince's death, making the grandchild an acceptable heir.

If there are other heirs, you'd generally try to keep it very hush-hush to avoid the child being used by rebellious nobles and trigging a succession crisis.

Exile would be a relatively safe option for them, though not as safe as being kept close to the royal house.

Probably the most important question is, to what degree is the bastard's existence a publicly known fact.

Look into the laws of the land, look for a few specific clauses:
1) Do bastards at all have right to the throne? In most historical monarchies they do. Usually as the very last in the line, but sometimes they go in a wedge between the legitimate children and rest of the family.
2) Does a bastard have to announce his right in the court before a certain age, otherwise it is forfeit? Because laws like that exist, for logical reasons. It would usually be the nurse's choice.

Unrelatedly, did the lord have significant enemies who would pursue the bastard's life (probably because their own right is wonky too becasue they have no proper successors so the uncle took the throne in a deal with another far uncle's son taking it later)?

There is also a 50/50 chance it will be a girl, in which case they should be in no danger whatsoever, and possibly set for life if anything. Of course, the capability to actually get power will be lower.

What if shes pregnant with twins?

When my son told me he had sired a bastard son, I told him to put a sock in it and not to worry. I would educate him myself and he would become a capable leader of soldiers when he would come of age.

I always need more bodies to throw at my enemies.

Double the trouble.

We are fellow researchers.

Neat, science.

bumping with a bump

pregnant character art (preferably western) is rather hard to come by

there is wayyyy too much fetish art and i'd rather not enter anyones magical realm.

Deviantart has some but most of it is poor quality at best.

Ik, its a shame. If anything I need more pregnant NPCs who arent royalty. Wenches, farm girls, etc. But its pretty rare fare.

I could use these too for my own purposes. Namely plugging a few holes in my unified theory of physics and the like.

think shes rustic enough user?

yes

Legitimate or not, the claim can be used by other people in political maneuvering. While they can lead a normal life, they must do everything they can in order to prevent anyone from knowing that the child is the lord's.

Thanks, but too anime/10 for me personally.

I'd like to see more western-style stuff like this, but preferably not MS Paint quality.

Yeah, i feel you.

>too anime
What the fuck does this even mean? Are you just that autistic that you can't stand things being in a different style? What the hell?

I'm assuming the nurse herself doesn't want any part of political shenanigans?

Kill them all where they stand, and let God sort out the ensuing mess while heading out to some tropical paradise to wait out the storm.

Wait, is 'the queen' in reference to the deceased king's former wife or is it a daughter who has declared herself queen on absence of a male heir? Because I don't see how the former would be in the line of succession even with gender-equal succession laws.

thing is with pregnant women, they've had thick loads of cum inside their snatch

he's only a bastard until I get done forging the marriage papers and putting them in the right places.

I'm considering scrounging through a booru to see if any tasteful weeb style character art with pregnancy exists because I'm sick and have nothing better to do.

They're also hormonal and perpetually irritable. Like, Angry Marines level perpetual irritation.

The next ruler is probably the reason he was sick in the first place.

Kill all three of them, and institute Common Rule, giving the people equal voting rights as citizens of our new Republic.

Not that guy but different people prefer different styles of art. I'm slightly concerned that you need this explained to you.

I also do not particularly like eastern cartoon style.

The kid is so, so dead. Seriously, he is so dead. The best way for the nurse to survive is to claim she fucked someone else, and that kid is NOT the Lord's son.

She is a dead woman walking.

Or the line is just inbred as fuck.

Well that could be a genuine reason for having the bastard on the throne.

The council of advisors and administrators, the people who actually run the nation, could be now wanting a period of stability with a ruler who isn't a liability or suffering from health complaints and/or deformities.

This new kid is a breath of fresh genes in a stagnant pool. He could be good for the kingdom, raised and educated properly of course.

>The bastard so he has no ligitimate claim right?
As he carries the blood, he still has a legitimate claim in a society where the matters. Whether the legitimacy of the claim is supported is another question, as the extended family will naturally be either against it or try to make the child their political puppet.
Basically, it doesn't matter if he's a bastard. What does is if there are people who will take his side in the inheritance conflict.

So all we need is for the council of advisors to do the responsible thing and just kidding the kid's dead.

Then you are fucking retarded if you cannot stand something being in an "eastern style" (what the fuck does that even mean?)

I didn't say I couldn't stand it. I said I didn't like it.

As in the style that eastern cartoons tend to be don in. ridiculously large eyes, nonexistent nose, tiny mouth, pointy chin and little to no shading. Also tendency to sameface with sort of fuzzy felt drag and drop accessories as a means of identification.

That might not bother you and that is great. It annoys me, so I don't seek it out.

>eastern cartoons
You do realize that not all "eastern cartoons" are anime right? That anime isn't cartoons but is rather Japanese animation? Hopefully you understand this and are not just a greatly misguided idiot.

Of course I know this. This is Veeky Forums. You can't avoid the cultural osmosis. But there is a certain similarity in style and anime is definitely the most prevalent in western culture.

Actually, this could explain how 'the queen' stands to inherit even if it's in relation to the former king's wife. She was his sister all along.