Ever played in a game where your PCs played damage control for the fuck ups of an idiotic noble?

Ever played in a game where your PCs played damage control for the fuck ups of an idiotic noble?

Oh, Iok. You are just the worst, and that's saying something in the world of Iron-Blooded Orphans. Though maybe that's to your benefit, because you're so bad it actually loops around to me having a bizarre affection for you. Like, I don't care if any of the other characters live or die, but I want Iok to stay around so I can continue marveling at how shitty he is at his job.

Oh god, Iok. The most amazing fuckup. I love IBO, and I find it amazing that they manage to make even a total screwup like him oddly charming in his idiocy.

not entire games but we've had it come up a few times, whether it's idiot nobles trying to be heroes or idiot nobles trying to be villains. Half the time it's hard to tell the difference.

THE DEATHS OF MUH MEN

The fucker shoots one time and says he won

Such a wonderful character. Such sheer idiocy cannot go without praise.

I once organized a game where the PCs where playing damage control to the "main" game's PCs. It worked because the "main" group were as intelligent as a bunch of lobotomized baboons and ruined everything ever, so the other guys were heralded as great heroes.

I was building a confrontation between them, before the "main" group managed to kill themselves by trying to tank falling into lava.

Literally every game

Who is this?

Sounds like a game I played once. The premise was that the PCs were playing the role of NPC cohorts at the service of a group of GM controlled PCs.

So basically try to keep this jolly band of absolute dickheaded retards from killing themselves and attempt to maintain the party's reputation in good standing as they keep threatening and alienating everyone they meet whilst swindling as much money from them as possible.

Lord Iok, from Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans. He's hilariously incompetent, easily the best character on the show because of it.

He's entertaining, although I'm not sure I'd call him the best. Season 2 Orga's interesting combination of businessman and mercenary commander is something I find compelling, adapting to a role in the stratified hierarchy of things while still keeping the decisiveness and ferocity of spirit that got him where he is today.

I just can't find Orga interesting. For some reason his dumb swoopy lock of hair looks deeply disgusting to me, like it's growing out of his forehead instead of his scalp. If I look closely enough I can see it isn't, but that's my first reaction every time I look at him, and it makes it impossible for me to like him. I just want him to go away and not appear in any scenes until he cuts it off, please.

I'd rather play Fuck to get up a damaged noble, personally

I liked Carta's brand of incompetence better. And she looked better in goofy space eye shadow than Iok does.

They should all be a parody of the worst aspects of adventurer parties.

>Chaotic Neutral/Evil Rogue randomly stabs NPCs they encounter, tries to pickpocket everything.
>Lawful Stupid Paladin out and out tries to help the villain escape rather than finish them off or arrest them--so long as the villain says he's "sorry"
>True Neutral druid that kills half the NPCs he meets at random, and then gives money to the other half
>Bard that begs for any loot they get, even if it's wildly inappropriate for their class, like a greathammer.

I wouldn't call Carta quite as incompetent. Iok is a straight up fuckup, Carta was more of an idealist. She had strong views about the ways things should happen. While things happened along those lines, she was extremely capable, but as soon as people started to break those rules and the situations became unpredictable, she'd lose her grip.

I hope they turn Mika into a Dreadnought

I liked it more in ZZ where the Argama kids were just as much goofballs as Mashymre so it didn't clash with the tone and the main characters didn't suck the fun away.

The odd contrast is something I actually quite like about the show, a reflection of the outsider status of Tekkadan.

They're a very atypical group for a Gundam show, subverting a lot of the usual cliches and with odd twists on others, which is thrown into stark relief when they encounter people and situations that seem like they could have come out of a much more conventional Gundam/Mecha show, before being sent a completely different direction due to the nature of the universe.

Then again, I guess that's why I like IBO as a whole. The odd blend of... Not realism exactly, but looking at gundam cliches like super-powereful child pilots, Mobile Suits and Mobile Armour and doing quite a lot of work in making them believable within the setting, establishing the reasons they exist and the consequences of them existing, as well as some unfortunate side effects (like the large scale use of child soldiers.).

Nah, she was just as dumb. She just didn't have the time to blossom like Iok did.

Holy shit my fucking sides I am gonna watch this show now

Oh, she was fucking dumb, but I don't think that translates to incompetent. She was a hell of a lot better pilot and commander than Iok, just a very hidebound one who couldn't adapt to opponents who didn't obey the standards of honour she was used to.

Be warned the S1 is kinda dull until they get to Earth. S2 is better in every way.

I actually really enjoyed S1 throughout, but YMMV I guess.

She was killed by a sociopathic autist before she even had the chance to blossom. It was like taking a classically trained french duelist and dropping him in detroit in front of 30 niggers with knives.

It's odd, but I kinda like that Mikazuki is so utterly fucked up. It's kinda nice to have a surgically modified child soldier who only knows conflict not also be a well rounded person and/or a snivelling coward. It feels... Realistic isn't the right word to use for a mecha show, but it's refreshingly grounded. That Mikazuki exists at all is fucked up, and that is effected in who he is and how he relates to others. The most fucked up thing is that he barely seems to understand just how utterly fucked up he is most of the time.

What is the context for this scene? Although I do enjoy the fact they show you the guy got turned into a blood stain on the ground.

Honour bound elite pilots coming up against scrappy mercenary kids who had been treated like dirt their entire lives, being completely unprepared for opponents with no regard for honour or propriety.

And that doesn't make for a good character though. It's one dimensional and boring.

Autist drives a gundam. Woman challenges him. He charges her and attacks mid challenge. One of her wingmen steps out to berate him. He beats him down with a sidestep because he doesn't follow the etiquette these nobles expect.

The guys there are what remains of the guys in after a bunch of pissed off child soldiers in giant robots run roughshod over them. They try and challenge the head asskicker of the child soldiers to a one-on-one duel. Said asskicker is still pissed off that those guys killed his fat friend and he just attacks them while they are calling for the duel. He doesn't even let that yo-yo get back in his robot before clanging the shit out of him with his dino-wrench.

I do agree, but I guess I don't really view Mikazuki as a character, as such. In universe, he's treated the same way- As someone strange and sad and twisted, yet he never seems to realise it. Although he's the protagonist, his 'characterisation', such as it is, comes from the reactions of the people around him. He's a microcosm of how fucked up the time and place he lives in is. giving us an easy way of understanding just how dark times are for humanity, at least out on the fringes.

To me Mika is kinda like Basara in Macross 7. He's not a character that grows or even has a lot of depth, but a character that changes things around him and likely the only one who actually gets the universe. Mika's primary agents for those changes are violence and Orga.

Sounds like every Rogue Trader game I've ever played.

His relationship with Orga is perhaps the only bit of character he has, and I do like it. They're friends as much as someone like Mikazuki can have a friend, but even then it's a very twisted friendship with a lot of codependency involved.

Meanwhile his stuff with Kudelia and Atra is kinda cringeworthy, it feels like the only reason they have the dumb romance thing is ticking a box. Kudelia is a lot better off when she's not worrying about Mikazuki and is instead being an awesome politician/businesswoman who gets more done with her words than Tekkadan can with their arms half the time.

>the old nobility is filled with incompetents, overly emotional fools obsessed with decorum, and weak pretenders
>the insurgents are tough (physically, mentally) and willing to do whatever it takes to seize the crown

I love how this show is portraying the changing-of-the-guard cycle.

And one time OP. He and his drinking buddy knights insisted upon proving themselves by going after a dragon. They were almost all killed. The dragon, unfortunately for the noble, recognized that he had a valuable hostage on his hands. So I made the PCs play hostage negotiators and then cover up the deal. The noble was a dick during the process though, and as a result it seems that some heartless bastard leaked details about the whole thing to the local town crier.

How do you even get the idea that you can tank lava in your head?

Maybe they think its super mario 64 or some dumb shit.
Or in a most likely scenario they're just meta gaming cunts who can only process threat in numerical values so nothing scares them.
See the dilemma of the high level fighter with a zillion hitpoints caught dead to rights with a knife to their throat who then acts like a retard because he knows OOC there's no possible way a knife could do enough damage to kill him mechanically.

Literally session one. He bought a poached Mermaid because he wanted a waifu so the party stepped in and said "You're a dumbass"

That mecha is adorable, and the girl inside it is too.