I want to run a campaign where the PC's are dragons. Amassing their hoard, capturing virgin princesses...

I want to run a campaign where the PC's are dragons. Amassing their hoard, capturing virgin princesses, enslaving kobold tribes for worship and all those dragon related mischiefs.

What kind of system would Veeky Forums recommend? Also, feel free to discuss dragons in general, or typical tropes related to them!

>PC's are dragons, with mechanics that support this.
>At least some level of customization, so each PC is different.
>We normally play GURPS, but I feel like the system doesn't lend itself well to high powered campaigns. It'll just be tedious to keep track of racial features up against personal ones.

Other urls found in this thread:

1d4chan.org/wiki/Council_of_Wyrms
twitter.com/AnonBabble

1. Come up with a less idiotic idea for your theorycraft/not-happening campaign.

Then go from there.

Council of Wyrms kind of had this.
1d4chan.org/wiki/Council_of_Wyrms

There's lots of potential for dragon campaigns.
Blacks plotting against greens for shared territory.
Blues creating mercantile empires in the desert.
Bitter weak whites exploring necromancy and dracolichdom for an edge against the stronger dragons.

Fantasy Craft has Drakes as a PC species. Tack on some extra size and you're good to go, probably.

You know you dont have to make a very specific racial template for a dragon
you just throw in st ht flight scales and size boom ready to go

>virgin princess

You lost me I need someone stretched out in order to take my massive Dragon cock, I mean have you ever seen a Dragon dick?!

Council of Wyrms might work

Play it like the informative 1980's aviation documentary "Top Gun" but with dragons instead of F-14s.

Look up Hoard by Levi Kornelson, does exactly this.

They don't necessarily NEED to be pre-stretched, as long as you have a decent supply of backup princesses.

For once: D&D might actually be appropriate.

Start them as the youngest version of the dragon, and then level them up by using age catagories. Let them customize their spells with some restrictions you think are reasonable.

Dragons are pretty nice

I think the first thing to examine, before system even, is why there would be a group of dragons working together in any way.

I mean, dragons are almost always solitary creatures (for good reason), and the things you're describing them doing are all solitary goals. Unless you're planning on a lightly PvP campaign where they vy for territory and wealth I don't see how anything at all will challenge them, seeing as how instead of the hefty challenge of a single dragon you now have a squad of them

That all being said I like the idea. I'm just wondering how you plan to address that

No. No, what are you doing, OP. You don't want to make a dragon simulator.

You want to make a kobold game, in which everyone is working for a greatly worshipped dragon.

And you want to use MAID

And plenty of racial feats for customization.

>
I ran a campaign in The Flooded Forest with a batch of 4 Black Dragon Offspring, the clutch abandoned before they birthed.

Started as wymlings...

Then worked their way up to Young Dragons.

Had four of my friends, the reason they stayed together is because of being the same Brood. Of course they had different ideals and quarreled at times... but they wreaked havoc on the lands around the Flooded Forest. Had Cormyr Military deploy against them, had to fight elves, an Ancient Green and bands of adventurers.

So there's always options, user. Just make it FUN.

I support this.

GURPS Dragons.
It has 4e stats at the end of the book.

Even better than OPs bullshit idea.