What's the most henious act your BBEG has ever commited?

What's the most henious act your BBEG has ever commited?

Other urls found in this thread:

tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/TheManBehindTheMan
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Do you mean villain?

Tried to eat all of existence.

Yes. Do you need OP to list all possible synonym? I'll throw in a main antagonist for you. Final boss. Greatest adversary. Final foe. Biggest enemy. Really bad person that the party is supposed to fight. That person that does the bad things in a story.

Launch a nerve gas attack on our base

He waged an extermely fierce and cunning campaign to keep a small town indolent and powerless.

BBEG is specifically for the power behind the main apparent antagonist. The "It was me all along" guy.

He didn't use coasters

He stopped a genocide.

He stripped a whole continent of any life the size of a human baby or bigger.

*sax solo*

That's not how I see it used at all. Big Bad End Guy. Sure, you might have a secret villain and that might make him the BBEG but unless you have a twist like that your apparent antagonist is going to be your BBEG.

Caught a super hero on the run.

You're getting confused with Big Bad and Big Bad Evil Guy. It's not an uncommon mistake on Veeky Forums, but then again most people don't really pay attention to these sorts of things.

He bored us with his one-dimensional "AM GOD" rant and made himself look like a petty bastard.

Is it wrong that I want to throw a sharp object at that to make it pop and create a piss tsunami?

>I have no idea what I'm talking about the post

You have autism

He did some standard alchemist villain experiments on people and manipulated a cult to his own ends. The worst thing he ever did, and his greatest regret, was turn an edgelord into The Ultimate Life Form.

Made the PC's do some "dirty" work for him. And paid them.

The dirty work was just finding a few of his lost heirlooms. He WAS the BBEG, thirty years ago. Now he's just a senile old man they help out and cherish, like an old grandpa.

>2017
>having characters so one-dimensional you can classify them as BBEG or villain

The big End Boss is a Great Old One but the one who was responsible for it being brought down to the world is a queen in her late 20's that was unable to birth a child for her husbands line to continue. When all medicinal attempts to conceive failed she turned to forbidden scrolls and dark knowledge to make a pact with the Great Old Ones. Her birthing a child to continue her husbands lineage in exchange for a undisclosed favor of equal value .

She eventually got her child but it was a human/Great Old One hybrid whos very existence opened the floodgates for other voidspawn to entered the realm.

Yes i ripped about 80% of the lore for my campaign from Bloodborne.

He crashed this plane, INTO THE SURVIVORS

He is palps from star wars so about a 100gb list of war crimes

>that image

Stole the NPC waifu from the party.
Needless to say, the party is going full scorched earth now.

He clogged the drains and then popped that bag.

That's wrong.

Bbeg = big bad evil guy = literally just your main antagonist, period. end of statement.

Manipulate the party into causing outright warfare between two cults, allowing him to ue the bloodshed and increased heresy to summon Daemons.

Paid me to murder a peaceful but ineffective prince so that his competent but warmongering sister would take the throne so that he could make a profit from military contracts and manufacturing.

Why?

Games I'm running:
Scion: Started 7 different apocalypses simultaneously
Qin: Killed the half the population of a small island of the coast to turn into his undead minions.

Games I'm playing in:
Pathfinder: Break the magic rock that was stopping the world wound getting bigger.
L5R: Unclear, but probably blood magic

>BBEG is specifically for the power behind the main apparent antagonist. The "It was me all along" guy.

Nobody cares shitwad.

Are you the guy who keeps misusing it because you don't know any better? Look what you've done, you've gone and confused other people.

He convinced a cult and all their families that offering themselves to wake up the Old One they worshiped was the fastest way to enter heaven.
The Old One in question kills neither quickly nor cleanly.

Maybe? You're replying to two different people.

UNLEASH THE FLOODGATES

>the guy

It's everyone except you, tonkus.

Invited the party to a dinner. Then insisted the party use coasters but did not supply coasters.

Kidnapped and raised a dozen girls at a young age to be his slaves and so that they'd eventually give birth to genetically modified warriors he wants to use to protect his homeland from suffering invasion ever again. This includes brainwashing them to believing what he's doing is just and subjecting them to a lot of in vitro fertilizations that will almost certainly kill them.

>i got confused on Veeky Forums about an acronym that's been used in fanfiction preceding it, but i guess i'll keep using it wrong because no one's gonna call me out on it

Sorry, but I have to call you out on it because it really seems to upset you for someone to point out your mistake,

No, the BBEG is the main antagonist. While the term can include a secret antagonist behind a more obvious one, the primary definition is more general than that. The only common way to misuse "BBEG" is to use it to refer to smalltime villains and minor antagonists.

Do you have a source saying otherwise?

Mate, you're the only one in the thread who is holding on to that definition.

You also seem to be the only one in the thread who's mad.

Yet again you're confronting someone else.
I'm neither of those two. BBEG is a generic, pretty broadly used piece of slang around these parts.
But good effort on that length of quoting things I never said.

Reduce thine autism, autismo.

"Big bad evil guy" has only ever been used to mean "the main antagonist of the fic/story/etc". Sometimes, that includes the hidden villain behind a puppet villain, but only in the sense that he's the real BBEG and the other is just a puppet.

The term you're thinking of is "bigger bad", which specifically refers to a more important villain that hides behind a lackey villain. Dumbass.

I'm not even the first guy to point it out in this thread.

I'm actually surprised you honestly think BBEG and main antogonist are interchangeable.

No, you're getting all mixed up. It's starts with Big Bad, then behind him is the Big Bad Guy, and than behind him is the Big Bad Evil Guy. It all started from television fanfiction, and some people have adopted it for other purposes.

Big Bad is for the obvious main antagonist. The whole joke is that there's always something bigger beyond it, because television writing was always just "what's next?"

And next you're going to tell me all about how the term "toon" originated on Warcraft servers.

wew lads calm down

>i didn't lurk before posting but instead insist on a definition from "television fanfiction" instead of the definition accepted on this board despite it says "Veeky Forums - Traditional Games" at the top of the page
thou must needs return

I once had a villain who basically learned how to become a magical virus, erasing people's memories and using their bodies like an infinite respawn cheat code. The PCs inevitably went full thug and burned down a metropolis in order to contain him.

It's been six years IRL since that campaign. He infected the only NPC to escape with them and the players never caught on. One day, when the stars align and we are all free enough for a "reunion game", one PC is going to find out his wife died a long time ago...

Am I a terrible person?

I was actually going to ask why it's such a big deal, especially when you're really in the wrong here.

I'm on this board, and I'm not here to listen to the guys who made a mistake. Apparently, you've decided to change BBEG into the Big Bad and just thought that made sense for some reason.

I guess it's because people just started casually misusing it because they just didn't know what it meant or where it came from. It's an honest mistake, but now you're really getting weird by getting so upset by people pointing it out.

Yeah

Did they have children?

>I was actually going to ask why it's such a big deal, especially when you're really in the wrong here
>you're
kek

>I guess it's because people just started casually misusing it because they just didn't know what it meant or where it came from
You don't understand the first thing about separate cultures, divergent language development, language evolution, or fucking anything at all, huh?

It's like everyone who isn't a liberal arts major is a fucking retard.

Why do you keep calling people weird and upset?
It's really, well, weird.

I get the feeling you're some TvTropes autist who decided to police what has been the common definition here for years so he can stop people complaining on his edits page.

"BBEG" is a term native to RPGs and has nothing to do with "television fanfiction". You are the one who has made the mistake of conflating it with whatever terms you are thinking of.

Source, motherfucker.

Good to know.

I was gonna wait until session 0 to ask the PC that.

Probably going to hell afterward.

>separate culture

BBEG is a pretty specific term. Just because a few guys on a board made and continue to make a mistake doesn't mean that they're closed off from the world.

But really, you're dragging this out long enough. I'm actually curious as to how long you've been making this mistake to feel this passionately about it, because I remember a number of people correcting someone just like yourself not even so much as a year ago about the difference between a BBEG and a Big Bad.

But though I'm curious, I don't really care enough to wait for your answer.

Never seen someone so convinced they were arguing with a single person.
Then again they're delusional enough to think it could be someone from a fucking year ago.

>a few guys

Lol, yeah, just a few, sure. Alright, bye.

BBEG isn't even a term on TvTropes, though. The way he's trying to define it here is called "the man behind the man" over there.

But yeah, he's being one of those people who grew up hating warcraft and went autismic when he heard oldfags calling their characters toons.

>you're
>you
>your
>I'm just pretending, goodbye

Do I detect a smidgen of self-awareness, here? Did you finally realize your error but are still trying to protect your non-existent reputation?

There's such a thing as a plural "you." Is English your second language?

That's the weird thing, though. I just checked the Tvtropes page for "Big Bad" (they don't have a BBEG page) because I suspected the same thing. As it turns out, no, the definition Tvtropes uses for Big Bad is the same goddamn definition everyone else uses. Everyone except this guy, apparently.

Hell it even cites the popular use as from Buffy the Vampire Slayer or "television fanfiction" and it is STILL the same fucking main antagonist definition. It can be used as both.

Context, user. I wasn't point out typos, I was mocking the fact that he thought he was talking to one person.

Big Bad and BBEG are separate but related, with the former spinning off into the latter.

Depends on which one you're talking about.
>Banished two wizards out of the flow of time so they're floating forever in the chaos between worlds with no way to leave
>Kidnapped a high priestess and smashed said high priestess's father's kneecaps for good measure
>Fused all of the non-Good planes with the Material Plane and turned the world into a hellscape
>Turned into a devil after consuming the memories of the soul of a wizard that killed his wife (note that this effectively destroyed said wizard's identity, leaving the wizard with a barebones soul which he continued to torture anyways)
>Attempted and failed to commit familicide on own family save self,

Even TV Tropes doesn't use his definition, they define what he's talking about as either "The Bigger Bad" or "The Sorting Algorithm of Evil".

>"The ultimate villain of the story, who's causing the problem the heroes must solve."...The RPG fandom likes to use the full Big Bad Evil Guy name or its initialism "BBEG".

tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/TheManBehindTheMan

He's talking about this. Interestingly (or tellingly), the page refers to the later, bigger villain using the same "big bad" term, instead of calling the first one "BB" and the second one "BBG" or "BBEG" like that user was trying to say. In fact, there's no indication at all that there are different acronyms for successive villains, or any evidence that it was ever that way before.

Sounds like he's just the victim of someone else's persistent retardation, as here >because I remember a number of people correcting someone just like yourself not even so much as a year ago about the difference between a BBEG and a Big Bad

Crisis over, I guess.

What is your source?

A quick google search of the acronym tells me that BBEG is in use under the same definition that Veeky Forums uses at reddit, 1d4chan, the GitP Forums, and the Pathfinder paizo forums, among other places like small RPG blogs. Your definition did not come up even on the barren hellscape of desperation that is page 2 of google search results

Who the hell did you get your information from? Why are you so convinced of its accuracy despite overwhelming evidence to the contrary? Why have you destroyed this thread?

There's no such thing as a plural "yourself", though, which is also in the post.

>There's no such thing as a plural "yourself", though, which is also in the post.
I always use 'yourselves', personally.

Well, there's two of them, dueling.

One is trying to plunge the entire world into her magical girl fantasy and the other is basically pic related.

It's even dumber than it sounds.

>reading comprehension
The poster didn't use "yourselves"; he used "yourself".

I don't think he was responding to the discussion, I think he was just making a statement off hand.

I mean, if we're going to talk about reading comprehension...

I was being a smartass about the phrasing of your statement, but if we want to talk about reading comprehension, the phrase in question was:
>I remember a number of people correcting someone just like yourself not even so much as a year ago about the difference between a BBEG and a Big Bad.
The yourself refers to the person he's replying to, singular, unless you're drawing off of an earlier reply to make the connection.

They probably used a shopvac to empty the bag and wheeled it out to the nearest storm drain

Commited patricide, regicide and diecide with a single swordstroke, then tore a bloody path through a major population centre in his flight from the palace, accompanied by his four retainers. Total death toll was about two thousand people, only about a third of whom were armed military personnel.

And then they realised that the sword he had been using had a necromantic property, and the entire district he passed through was overtaken by ghouls and had to be cordoned off, but not before they got into the sewers.

After that, the entire thing fell apart, as ghouls began tunnelling into people's cellars and creating more ghouls, leading to much of the city falling within a week to massive swarms of ghouls. Total death toll, somewhere in the region of 20,000 people and rising, not counting refugees who die to starvation or banditry in their flight from the city. And don't even get started on the palace, which was overtaken by animated armour as the defense mechanism went completely haywire, since the guy who controlled the key just got murdered, the next-in-line was the one who did the murdering, and the next-in-line is a twit who the key doesn't respect and thus won't listen to. And then the key got stolen by a completely different faction.

Suffice to say, shit got fucked, and all because one bastard prince with a magic sword didn't take the news of his sister's death very well.

>Who the hell did you get your information from? Why are you so convinced of its accuracy despite overwhelming evidence to the contrary? Why have you destroyed this thread?
To be fair, no one had to argue with him if they didn't want to. He wasn't spouting hate speech or insulting your mother. He was just weirdly insistent that his wrong definition was right and being condescending.

I honestly don't know if he was trolling or not, but if he was then he was pretty successful.

Used the body of her comatose daughter to create clone bio-weapons in an attempt to save humanity from itself with mass mind-control

Made one of the PCs pick one of his four kidnapped daughterus to kill to prove allegiance to BBEG when the PC tried to infiltrate and gain BBEG's trust

It's a trope but that's the best I got

Had a kid with the sole intention of bodyjacking him in the near future due to reaching the end of his own shortened lifespan.

>bbeg
Fuck off back to le leddit, mouthbreather.

>the barren hellscape of desperation that is page 2
You made my night, sir, thank you

y'all a bunch of autistic fuckers

No shit, right? I've been on these boards for nearly a decade and they're not very comfy anymore.
Somehow the sperglord proportion has exploded.
Suddenly people are getting picky about terminology, posting anime girls, and not making rad copypasta about how great Kharn the Betrayer is to have around.
But really, it's my own fault. Both for sticking around Veeky Forums after all this time and for coming here during the holidays of all times.

Am I missing something? isn't BBEG commonly used here? Did something happen that vilified the term?

Didn't respect Gender Studies as a valid choice for a major.

>players face when he fucked the bbeg
>assuming there is an afterlife, npc wifes face when next level cucked
>bbegs face when he did this for no apparent reason

Oh not this shit again.

BBEG is commonly used by fags and little kids because they think it sounds funny or cute when all it does is sound retarded.

exist

>2017
>having all of your compaigns grey-area shit
wew lad

>a few guys

>BBEG is commonly used by fags and little kids because they think it sounds funny or cute when all it does is sound retarded
Go drink some warm chocolate user, it sounds like you're upset

He blew up entire cities and tried to conquer the entire world, but that's insignificant compared to his actual greatest crime - using a strict breeding regime to get his blood into his entire species so he can mind-control the whole lot.
Even worse because the PCs actually considered using the Dresden ripoff bloodline curse to commit genocide in an attempt to end the war.

I mean, he's literally ten thousand years old and completely insane. I don't think he needs depth in the present, as long as he had it in the past.
The apparent villain for most of the campaign was the kind you'd like - he committed horrendous acts of manipulation and destruction because he knew the real villain was coming and he was trying to prevent that by acquiring the one weapon that could stop him.
Unfortunately, that weapon was closely tied to his own history and made everyone think he was just trying to become a god (like he did 500 years prior, when he WAS the BBEG).
TL;DR: gray characters are fun, but there's nothing wrong with proper Evil every once in a while.

If your players murdered everyone in the city EXCEPT ONE PERSON they deserve literally any consequences you throw at them.
That said, it's still a bit magical realm-y.

>Trying to make fun of grammar but looking like the biggest idiot to ever ""speak"" the English language
wew lad