Inquisitorial Penal Regiment Veeky Forums: A Micheal Bay (B'Ork) Edition

We shall be exiting the Warp around the Ork infested world of Jurakeem Primaris any moment now. All forces should be prepared to deploy immediately. The Emperor Protects!
------------------------------------------------------------
1d4Chan: 1d4chan.org/wiki/Campaign:Penal_regiment_designation_Veeky Forums

Steam Group: steamcommunity.com/groups/40k_penal_regiment.

FAQ:
>Why don't you guys move to quest?
We're not a quest that's why. Quests are directed by a single GM giving choices to the players, this is completely freeform.

>Then what the fuck is this?
Somewhat of a campaign of crack-infused free-form roleplay set in the grim darkness of the far future.

>When do you guys make these threads?
Usually mondays at 4PM GMT, but they sometimes extend to Tuesdays if we got caught in the middle of something when the thread died and it was too late to make another one the same day.

>Can I join in?
Sure, just think of a character and have fun, you can find most info in 1d4chan albeit it's ussually a little bit out of date in comparison to where the threads are.

>Is there any requirement in character creation.
Not really, we've had Xeno infiltrators, Chaos infiltrators, Villains, Heroes, Normal Guardsmen, Crazed Guardsmen, Assassins, Psykers, Space Marines, Inquisitors, Squats... just think whathever and join the fun.

>Is it allowed to have more than a single character?
Yes as long as you don't use it to powerplay.

>So how you guys do the playan'?
We tend to use spoilers for OOC chat, but nothing is set in stone.
We tend to use greentexts for describing a character's actions, but again nothing is set in stone.
Use d20s for combat checks and d100s for other things you want to roll, higher Is better.
It's important to know that the regiment is now in the employ of a radical Ordo Xenos Inquisitor, with influence from an Ordo Malleus Inquisitor and under the watch of an Ordo Hereticus Inquisitor. Yes we've been through a lot of shit.

-and so it shall be forever, signed.. the emperor
>he takes off his reading glasses and closes the book
i love happy endings

>he stretches on his bunk bed and gets dressed in his priestly robes

>Deckard threads left and right nervously, mixing between smoking an iho, scrarching his head, fixing his glasses abd smoking his iho again. At one point he nearly chokes on his iho.
>Meanhwille, the tall man nests the puppy in his legs softly, petting his sleeping head, he looks up every moment or two for signs of 'Madam Ordenius'

>Hundreds of troops would be rushing about the halls and armouries of the Judgement's Teeth. Weapons and armour in on their persons as they rush towards their designated transports.
>Major Andre, already fully outfitted, and ready for war would be leaning against the side of a stack of crates. His mind a million miles away from the chaos around him.

>Isabelle would be getting tossed around like a salad in a Tupperware container inside of a backpack by the men and women of her regiment as they attempt to get ready for war.
>This was going to be her first true taste of war since she had signed up, and she was more than just a little bit nervous about it.
>Then again, so must the rest of her regiment be from look of things.

"Miss Ordenius!"
>his heavily accented voice, however softly he tries to speak, would be thunderous and echoing when he yells
"May I have a moment?"

>She'd look up and about upon hearing the man's voice, before finally seeing it's point of origin.
>She'd quickly grab her gear, before making her way towards him.

Yes Mister Alexander? Is there something I can help you with?

"I..."
>he sighs deeply and looks at the black-white furball in his lap, nested deep
"I am not sure if I will survive this. Abd as such, I must ask a favor of you. Vanya...he seems to like you. If it comes to it, will you take care of him?"

>he wanders around the ship and thinks about recent events

>as allways he goes to those who seem to have low spirits to help or inspire, looking around for familiar faces

>Nervously prepares his equipment

>don't know if it counts as low morale, but Kane would be sperging out, threading left and right maniacally, shaky hand holding an iho stick and waving it around in a fit of behaviour worthy of either a mad man or a stock broker

>peepers notices his distress and dashes over to him to help

Good day my friend, what weighs on your mind? You look restless
>dodges the lho stick several time not to get burned

>Her eyes would go wide with surprise at this, but would quickly go back to normal. Her delicate lips forming into a small smile.

You simply mustn't think such thoughts Alexander... Otherwise such a thing will indeed happen. But... If it will make you feel better about it, I shall look after him if such a thing we're indeed to happen. You have my word as a noble of house Ordenius.

"What's bothering me? Oh what's bothering me?"
>he chuckles, it slowly shifts into maniacal laughter
"Oh, I don't know Peepers, maybe the fact that we are facing orcs, beings with less sensibility than a red-raging sister of battle, and these ones can survive explosions! A-hahaha!"

>he nods and bows, small smile of relief forming as well
"Thank you, miss Ordenius...thank you"

>She'd pat the feral worlder on his back before continuing to get ready.

Stay positive Ragaa! We've faced far worse than the likes of Orks in our time with Theta Gamma. I'm sure we'll make it out unscathed this time as well!

>he gives the man a reassuring smile and places his hand on his shoulder
Orks have been fought time and time again, each time a little different, but orks all the same,
they are not invincible, and they cannot defeat the imperium on their own.. if they could we would not be here

>he pats his shoulder
We are the emperor's wrath, nothing stands in our way

>Kane walks through the halls of the ship, letting Lien rest, he looks through the vast windows to observe the empty warp, smiling as the colors and rapid movement of the warp do not fit in with the silence of it alk

>She'd smile at this, before placing a hand upon his.

If it makes you feel any better, we can always say a prayer to the Emperor? I find doing such a thing always brings about a feeling of calm to me when I am nervous or upset about something. Maybe doing such a thing can help you as well?

Well... Me experiences with 'em ain't too good. An' I couldn't find the letter o' 'em skullgazers... Now that "evaluation" thing will reach the superiors an' I'll be in real trouble.

>he looks up at her with the small smile hidden behind his well-groomed beard
"It would bring a certain...helpful tranquility to me, if you would have the time"

>She'd place a peck upon his cheek.

Everything is going to be fine Ragaa! I promise you. We'll make it out of this yet.

>he looks at him, eyebrows molded into tjat sad expression behind his dark shades
>he gives a small smile to him
"Always so certain, Peepers. Khorne strike me if the certainty isn't reassuring"

>She would smile, before giving a firm squeeze to the man's oversized hand.

I would be glad to help you with such a thing!

>Taking both of his hands into her own, she would close her eyes, and inhale deepingly before quickly exhaling.

Is there anything you wish to pray for in particular?

>he smiles back and lets go of him
Perhaps a prayer to the emperor will help? He does look after all of us after all

"There...is one I remember. My grandfather would always preach it before battle. If I may?"

>She would give an enthusiastic nod of her head at this.

You may...

>he chuckles more, looking at the man
"Sure. Why not. You lead, though, I'm not the most....applicable in the field of preaching."
>he rubs the back of his head

>he clears his throat

Greenskin force defied, facing 5000 Imperials
Surrounded and outnumbered
60 to 1, the las face the axe
Humanity dignified
It's the last stand of the Imperials
Surrounded and outnumbered
60 to 1, facing the gun
60 to 1, orks are undone...

May their fate be shared with us, lord above,
undying Emperor, grant us victory!
>he opens his eyes

I allways liked that story, inspirational

>he closes his eyes and looks to the ground, in a silent, yet rough he speaks
"May he give me fire, so that I spread to all"
"May he give me steel, so that I pierce through all"
"May he give me hope, send it flowing through my veins"
"I am his creed, his will, his power embodied."
"The Emperor protects"

>Deckard chuckles
"Heh. Inspirational, my friend. Really"

Moral is, even if you are surrounded 60 to 1,
never give into defeat, for there is allways hope

>smile
take care, Deckard, see you on the ground

>he resumes his patrol

>Standing upon bridge of the Judgement. Arnel would gaze out the bridge viewport, and into the expanse of the Warp. The activities of the bridge crew all about him as they make the necessary preparations to deoy the regiment, would barely register in his mind.
>His thoughts were aimed towards the coming battle upon Jurakeem's surface. He knew that no matter how well he planned, the Orks were going to kill many of the men under his command. The trickery and vile tactics of the self proclaimed "X'Plo'Deh Warboss" would see to that by itself.
>After a moment, his mind would come back to the reality around him. As well as to the sounds of one of the Captain speaking to him.

>"Mi'lord! We'll be dropping out if the Warp in thirty seconds. You should probably take a seat."

No. I'll be fine standing.

>"B-but Mi'lo---"

I said... "I'll be fine", Captain...

>"Y-yes Mi'lord... As you wish."

... The Emperor protects...

>Her eyes would open, and she'd let go of the man's hand.

Better?

>he takes a deep breath and nods
"Yes. Thank you, lady Ordenius. May the Emperor grant you the greatest of fortune"

>He looks for the tankers, more importantly, Anya, he has not seen her in days and wishes to see how she is dealing with the upcoming battle(s)

>The Tankers would be nowhere to be found, an explanation being given in the form of a Crewman saying that "The other Inquisitor requisitioned them. Something about it being harder to find good help these days...."

>he looks into the distance with a broken heart, his acts of facing the demon prince in melee swept under the rug

E-emperor protects..

I hope so... I'd hate to see my life crumble down because of some doctors whining...

>Mere moments later, the Judgement, along the rest of it's newly formed battle fleet, would exit the Warp into real space around the orbit of Jurakeem Primaris.
>Off in the distance, shining like two jewels in the blackness of the void would be the planet's two moons. The jungle and water covered world of Korvoush, and the crater covered moon of Broush, whose orange surface would shine like a polished chuck of Cooper in the void.
>Floating in orbit in the void all around, would be the twisted, and in many places, still burning "corpses", of dozens of different vessels. Both of the gothic designed ships of the Imperium, and the twisted amalgamations of random metal and scrap that the Orks like to call "Ships.
>In the distance, in orbit over what be Jurakeem's main continent, would be a massive fleet battle. Dozens of Imperial ships of all kinds would firing upon, as well as attempting to outmaneuver the chunks of spiked covered metal of the Orks own fleet. Their own vessels attempting to do the exact same thing to the Imperial fleet.
>Tiny pockets of momentary light fill the void between each fleet. Likely the fiery death throes of dozens of different fighter craft. Their pilots continually attempting to outmaneuver the pilots of the other side.

>the Judgement's Teeth receives a vox hail

>he closes his eyes
"The path to duty is often a stony one, made smoother by thought for others."
>he quotes a part of a sermon and wipes his eyes

>he sniffs and opens his eyes looking outside to the approaching battle
..and duty does call, recognised or ignored, in death, it is all repaid
>he fastens his chainsword tighter

>As the newly arrived battle fleet designated "Inquisitorial Battlefleet Theta Gamma" begins charging towards the fray, an alert would go out through the Judgement's intercoms.

>"All ground forces prepare for deployment. I repeat! All forces prepare for deployment. The Emperor protects.

>the vox hail continues

>The response would be rather quick.

This is Inquistor Arnel Saerkaru, Commander of Inquisitorial Battlefleet Theta Gamma. We're receiving you.

>he goes to the deployment area where the forces of the regiment gather
>he takes to a high, elevated place on a catwalk and raises his hands

>he preaches to the gathering men with arms raised and fire in his voice

We who have bled shall be redeemed
We who have fallen shall be exulted
We who have sacrificed shall be rewarded
We who have died shall be avenged
+++++
Stand, O warriors of the Emperor!
Let no despair fall upon thy bless-ed hearts!
Stand and fight!
For it is by thy sacrifice that thee shall be remembered!!
+++++
By our deeds shall we be known
Let these deeds be a mighty sword from which He who rests upon the Throne shall wield
For with mighty deeds shall the darkness be thrown back into the Abyss
And in them will thee prevail
+++++
Take succor in His strength
Steel thy soul with His word
Armor thy personage in faith to He
Arm thy self with His will
+++++
Suffer not the Unclean
Suffer not the Impure
Suffer not the Weak
Suffer not the Heretic
+++++
Amor Imperator!
Fiat Justicia!
Go forth in His name and find victory!

>a stream of binary comes through the vox before shifting into recognizable gothic speech

I am Magos-Explorator Lencath Avrianos of the forge world of Mystra. The Omnissiah demands to know what your fleet is doing in orbit above this world.

>All smiles as usual. The elderly Inquistor responds.

We received a distress call from this planet and came to assist in any way we could good Magos. And from the look of things in orbit, I'd assume I'm correct in such an assumption.

>The Judgement would shake as a chuck of debris bounces off its Void shields.

I have been redirected to combat the xenos infestation above this world. Cogitators indicate that there is an 86.4% chance that we would benefit from cooperation.

I agree entirely with this Magos. Against a threat such as this, we'll need everything we can spare.

>Listens to the prayer from as far as he can to better avoid the priest´s gaze
>Silently prays himself, mostly for forgiveness

>"I guess that means it's our turn to head down in a moment."

>he smokes iho after iho, cold sweat dripping from his pores, hand shaking
"God-emperor...hell, any god that takes me...just keep me from this hell"

>sighs and readies himself, storing the sleeping pupper away from prying eyes, only Ordenius would know the cute thing's whereabouts
>he stands in line, gun at his side
"In fire, I live"

>Standing up from his seat upon the supply crates. He'd cast a glance towards the troopers.

Listen up maggots! We have our orders all the way up from the good Inquistor!

You are going to get your asses aboard your transports! You are going pray to the Emperor that your transport isn't hit! And then you are going to lay low the Ork menace that DARED to set foot upon an Imperial world! DO! I! MAKE! MY! SELF! CLEAR!?!

Should you fail to do any of these in their proper order! I will gut you myself!

>He would smile to himself at this. Maybe he had missed his true calling.

>Alexander enters firmly, nodding at the man
>Kane also enters...seems to, at least"

1st, 3rd, and 4th companies will be heading down first. They will then be followed by the 5th, 7th, and 11th companies. Afterwards, the Devourer's for 2nd and 6th companies will follow suit and deploy heavy armor to bolster our forces. 8th and 9th companies will quickly follow suit in their own Devourer's a short time later. Bringing in both supplies, and reinforcements to our landing zone!

From what we've been able to surmise, the Orks currently control the majority of the main continent's western hemisphere! And the line is barely being held at the planetary capital of Jurakeem! We cannot allow that city to fall! Mostly because all the paperwork about your pay is stuffed there! And I'll assume you want to be paid!

Now trust in your wargear! Trust in the man beside you! And trust in the Emperor as you, men and women of Theta Gamma, fight a war in his glorious and holy name!

>his eyes would almost seem to supernaturally latch unto Deckard as he tries to hide himself away.

>"Pathetic coward... You can try and hide, but I can see you. And I'll drag you out of your hole before we leave."

>Readies himself as he enters the landing craft he is assigned to

>he wouldn't try to hide away, as if some sixth sense made his hair rise from the major's stare
"Me sir? No sir"

>With his speech done, and the troops beginning to head for their assigned transports. Andre would go and retrieve his sniper rifle from where he had been sitting.
>After slinging it behind him, he would go and physically drag Deckard from his hiding hole.

And just WHERE do you think you're going trooper? Hmm...? Glory waits for no man after all. And I foresee a very... Glorious death for you soon enough.

>The CO's voice sounds rather... Menacing, as he speaks.

>She'd plant a peck upon her lover's cheek.

You'll be fine Ragaa. I promise you!

Well I'm afraid that you've just been reassigned from your penal company, to that of my own "free" company...

>His voice is rather quiet as he speaks. Far too calm, and so quiet that it would sound menacing.

Wouldn't want you to die without honour, now would we?

I suggest that we meet in person to better plan for the campaign to come.

As long as no more trouble arises with 'em higher-ups, I agree... Lately things haven't been too good in that regard, though... Well, at least them Orks should distract 'em fer some time.

We'll have to do such a thing on the ground I'm afraid. My forces and I are deploying at this very moment.

Ragaa, if they wanted anything to do with you. They'd have sent word of it by now. You'll be fine.

>She'd start heading up the ramp.

Otherwise you'll be shot for cowardice by our new CO. Man seems tonneau business.

>there is a pause
Very well, inquisitor. I will accompany a battle maniple to the planet's surface.

"No...I'd rather live without honor."
>he sighs and steps out of his shuttle
"Which Iron coffin is my new one, sir?"

... Oh dear.
>Follows into the dropship

You'll be coming abaord my own trooper. Better to keep you in my "sights"... Especially should I ever see you try to run or hide from our enemies.

Very well Magos. I very much hope to see you on the otherside.

>With that the link would disconnect.

Have my personal trasnport prepped and ready Captain. Once I'm off the ship, I defer command of our battle fleet to you.

"Of course, sir! I would never think of such foolishness, sir! I only wish to dash into the enemy, sir, prefferably with a target painted onto my chest and head. May the emperor keep them from getting the full 100 points, sir!"

Sarcasm... It's rather unbecoming of guardsmen of the Imperium. Even a Penal such as yourself.

>He'd make his way towards his dropship. Making sure that everything of the way, Deckard was following him.

"Sarcasm!? Sir, I would never! My blind and most zealous of handling is n-yeaah I'll stop now."
>he enters the valkyrie

dropship

>the magos prepares dropships for himself and his retinue of battle servitors