(Thanks anons)
This week's Monday Meeting Notes:
theonyxpath.com/looking-back-the-onyx-path-2016-monday-meeting-notes/
>Question
Do you create your own locations?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=mNM89sE-22c
youtube.com/watch?v=nn00UnQpVg8
forum.theonyxpath.com/forum/main-category/main-forum/the-new-world-of-darkness/vampire-the-requiem/1016390-secrets-of-the-covenants-hidden-devotions
youtube.com/watch?v=i8UGlPvNcmI
ebay.ie/sch/i.html?_sop=3&_nkw=white wolf dice set&_frs=1
pastebin.com/u/ericateachesnyc
pastebin.com/u/knightchelsea
mega.nz/#F!YIgVwQKY!ykGezjo3qppcgHXzTKuBGQ!8N5hQYpA
7chan.org/tg/res/113975.html
theonyxpath.com/peering-forward-along-the-onyx-path-2017-monday-meeting-notes/
sendspace.com/file/8fu427
youtube.com/watch?v=lQlIhraqL7o
imodium.com/
bjz-backup.droppages.com/
youtube.com/watch?v=Bag1gUxuU0g
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>Do you create your own locations?
Sometimes, but I usually don't like to because all the good places to put cities have already been taken by actual cities. When it doesn't make sense the obvious answer is the God-Machine did it.

>>Question

As in the City itself? No. But the locations inside the City are fair game. Sometimes there just isn't a cool enough nightclub, a restaurant themed the way you want OR even worse, there's an awesome building but it was knocked down in 1973 to make way for concrete highrise flats.

youtube.com/watch?v=mNM89sE-22c

Yes. I've got a sort of generic DC/LA/NYC/Tokyo/London/Vancouver generic metropolis that I keep trying to use, though online games have a tendency to fall apart, so it's not like there's ever really been any development or anything. I have ideas for how it looks and functions, but not much more than that. One day I may sit down and flesh it out, but for the most part it's just a city name and generic backdrop.

Not being able to adequately get a map of it is what made me try to use Gotham for my werewolf game, actually. I wanted that sort of "like Manhattan" style setting, and I find that the DC handles the existence of its fictional cities pretty well (plus I'd been watching Gotham) so I decided to fuck with that. I also want to flesh out a CofD Gotham. Some of the weird bullshit is pretty fitting for CofD.

I just never worry about geographic location when it comes to fictional cities. I go by the Springfield method. Though I did have a player get pissed off at me when they realized what I was doing. They acted like suddenly they couldn't know the gun control laws or things like that... even though they didn't know real world gun control laws to begin with.

Ashcroft had a front line WWI hospital *and* a speakeasy in back to back stories.

CofD needs to rip off city generation from Dresden.

And remember kids:
>IGNORE ASPEL

It's hard, but well worth the rewards.

Ok, let's ask a stupid question.

Last time I've played anything from WoD was '99. It was Masquerade. Recently I've got a sort of reunion with my old group and we all went nostalgic about playign it again.
Was there some new book published or some major overhaul, or we will be fine playing Masquarade? I'm kind of out of the loop.

youtube.com/watch?v=nn00UnQpVg8

Welcome back, Mr Anderson, We.... missed you.

Not too long ago, there was a 20th anniversary edition printed. It had some suggestions on new rules, as well as a comprehensive reprint of a lot of material from a lot of old books. Unlike Mage 20th, which is a total heap of bitter disappointment, Vampire 20th might be worth chasing if you have the coin.

Otherwise, there's nothing stopping you from running the same edition you ran back then. There is no White Wolf Police that will bust you for running 2nd Edition.

Doesn't everyone's chronicle take place in "Springfield?"

>not running a game on GOD'S OWN SOIL

gee, well, I guess, you could play a TTRPG that's no fun if you really wanted....

I was more interested in learning if they've fixed all the issues the book had. I no longer even own my original copy, which is the main reason for asking - otherwise I would just clean it from the dust and play.

Guess I will give the anniversary edition a look, then organise a book for playing. Thanks.

It's Braun

V20 cleans up some mechanics, and it's a huge metaplot-agnostic omnibus book that updates VtM to the modern nights, ignoring Gehenna as a 'something that may still happen' and that's about it. It has pretty much everything you could want from both Camarilla and Sabbat, all clans, most bloodlines, most Discipline powers and Merits and Flaws. There have been further expansions in other books for V20 as well. There will also be a 5th Edition release by the new IP owners, Paradox Interactive, who own White Wolf as a licenser. This is planned for 2015.

They did release a new World of Darkness game back in 2004. It's entirely different lines, though using mostly the same supernatural bases, though they're different. If you want I can give a rundown in a basic way of each of what are called the New World of Darkness lines.

>2015

I CAN'T TYPE. I meant 2018.

Your World of Darkness ended in 2004, and then that WoD was given a second edition in, I wanna say, 2012. In the meantime your WoD was rebooted with a 20th Anniversary special edition compilation. Also the company fell apart like three times, merged with EVE Online's developers, then got fucked from it, the MMO never happened, a publishing company was formed to keep WoD alive, and then the White Wolf brand was bought by Paradox.

So basically
>Was there some new book published or some major overhaul
Yes, a fucking ton.
I would suggest """buying""" Vampire: The Requiem second edition and Vampire: The Masquerade 20th Anniversary Edition and seeing which you like more. V20 will be more familiar, but a lot of people prefer the changes that VtR made.

>I was more interested in learning if they've fixed all the issues the book had.
Like I said, Requiem fixes a lot of Masquerade's problems. It's much better, especially if you're not tied to the metaplot and setting, and prefer the more immediate concerns of being a bloated corpse trying to pretend you're not a gross undead parasite.

Stop saying that Requiem made changes. It's a completely different game with zero connection in terms of universe, and acting like it "made changes from Masquerade" treats it like a sequel or new edition rather than its own game.

And Requiem 2e is definitely flat-out better than any version of Masquerade except for maybe Dark Ages.

>Tfw White Wolf out of commission
Thanks to you all, anons. Will show up after closer examination of the books.
Once again, thanks a bunch

>And Requiem 2e is definitely flat-out better than any version of Masquerade except for maybe Dark Ages.

Mm, I prefer V20 myself over Requiem 2e, so I would say to take a look at both and see which takes hold of your interest more tightly.

A decent chunk of the later WW writers went on to keep making the same games for Onyx Path. Dansky is still on Wraith two decades later.

Insect blood even a remote possibility?

Would obviously be disgusting but, it IS blood you know.

Just wondering. Not like there's enough oxygen in the atmosphere to be able to drain even a few milliliters.

It'd be a great addition to a book like Dark Eras, but with cities for each major splat instead of time periods.

Would be hard to get a sufficient quantity for even a single blood point, though if the symbolism is more important than the chemical makeup it might still work in theory if you did get enough.

While I agree with you and see where you're coming from, that's still really just quibbling and semantics. I mean, you'd say that Tomb Raider 2013 or those Gauntlet clones "made changes" to Tomb Raider, even though it's a completely different thing.

It's honestly more complicated than that.
White Wolf still basically exists, but under a different name, while the White Wolf name is now owned by ̶u̶s̶u̶r̶p̶e̶r̶s̶ dedicated LARP fans.

Munching on a buttload of insects would probably count as animal vitae. So you'd need to eat a lot. But that's not exactly unfeasible.

>Munching on a buttload of insects would probably count as animal vitae. So you'd need to eat a lot. But that's not exactly unfeasible.

You are now imagining a creepy as fuck bloodline themed around that shit.

A small bird is like half a blood point, so an insect would be like an eighth of a point at best I'd say. In symbolism terms an insect might be worth even less since they're so far down on the consciousness scale.

>YFW Melissidae have some kind of bug that needs flesh, and they do this to feed them in addition to their own flesh and vitae.

Anons, help me flesh out and finalize my Promethean character. I don't even have a name.

It's an Unfleshed (or possibly Extempore). They were originally a character in a video game, probably an indie game, that the creator started obsessing over. The Divine Fire worked it's magic, and the character came to life. I've can't hammer out my ideas on what the game was like or what the character was intended to be like. I'm getting writers block.

Originally I was thinking she'd be a sort of Princess Zelda/Peach sort of character, and now that she's real, she wants to be like Link instead, but that seems a bit too cliche and silly, and I've been leaning more to a Dark Souls kind of game. I put a few Merit dots into getting an Azothic Object of a shield, and took the Sword and Weapon style and I'm going to be sort of like Goofy from Kingdom Hearts as far as actual combat goes.

I'm starting with Unconquered calcified.

I want to make something like pic related that's my character's ramble.

I feel like I've got everything I need to play her... except a name or personality or Pilgrimage. I really hope I can figure this shit out before the game. I'm just having trouble 'finding' my own concept and could use a little help.

There's been a lot of talk over the last year about how bullshit Acanthus are.
However can anyone attest to how that goes down in play?

Personally so far I've only seen the abuse of Exceptional Luck, such the player eventually saw it as cheating and tried to stop using it.

>And Requiem 2e is definitely flat-out better than any version of Masquerade

Cool opinion bro

LIVES!!! Lives for the Master!!! That's why I fed the flies to the spider, so I could eat the spider!!! Please, a kitten, something I can train, something I can teach?!!

No, Renfield. You'll just eat it.

I kind of want to come up with a new Bestowment for her. Not sure what would fit. My original idea was some kind of digitized equipment, similar to In My Pocket, but that seems a bit much. Shifting into a "digital" Twilight also doesn't seem reasonable. I may just go with Titan's Strength or Heart of Clay. I'm not sure if Heart of Steel or Soul is in the Software really fit with my Creation. Revivification might, to simulate a 1UP

Here's my character sheet so far. This doesn't include Unconquered being Calcified. I can't think of which Roles I want to go through, or at least not which ones I want to start on. Most of Ferrum and some of Stannum and lots of Bronze all seem interesting. I also like Companion and Leader from Aurum, and they'd go well with the Galateid, who's going to be a Follower at some point.

If I had a better grasp of who my character is at the moment it would be so easier, but the fog of writer's block has me in its grip. I have a character concept I like, I just can't get it out.

The game could be called "Nevermore". It's rather like Dark Souls, except with heavy influences by Edgar Allen Poe; pits, pendulums, ravens, a level where you have to solve a puzzle before you get walled in (and as an extra fuck you to the player, there's no way to exit and you don't die immediately, forcing you to reload).

The Promethean's name is Lenore. I'm seeing her based on Poe's "Dark Women", the women that appear in stories like “Morella”, “Berenice”, “Ligeia” and “The Fall of the House of Usher”. Black curly hair, wild eyes, high pale forehead, blue prominent veins, thin pale hands, emaciated frame. She is strong, silent and intense, and even when her true nature isn't apparent she has an unsettling stare with ice blue eyes. Now that she lives, she fears death. The most important part of her pilgrimage, to her, is to create another, so some part of her can survive.

Does that help?

In 2e? No.
>Animal blood is a challenging meal that provides only limited sustenance for the youngest of Kindred. Size 0 animals provide no nourishment

It doesn't mention if you eat numerous Size 0 animals though. If someone ate a whole hive's worth of bees I'd allow at least 1 vitae.

Why Poe references? I mean, I went with video games instead of the Hatsune Miku expy from Beast that gave me the idea because I know video games better than music. I'm not really a Poe person.

I'd be impressed.

>I'm not really a Poe person.

Now I have a mental image of a neonate getting caught chewing a fucking mouthful of bees.
Before sheepishly shitting them out.

>eat
Blush to not vomit it straight back up before the end of the scene

Good reference!

>Why Poe references?
Because it's classic gothic horror, because game designers take influences from a range of literary and film inspirations and because Poe wrote about a specific type of intense, raven haired woman.

But whatever, go with Princess Zeldastein if you have that much of a hard-on for mutilating SNES characters instead of something more high brow.

Thanks man
Bram Stoker's Dracula confirmed for best version

Apparently there are some links in SotC you can click to send emails to, and references to twitters that are real that OPP was doing stuff with?

Apparently there was supposed to be some pastebins gotten through these hints that have devotions from SoTC.

forum.theonyxpath.com/forum/main-category/main-forum/the-new-world-of-darkness/vampire-the-requiem/1016390-secrets-of-the-covenants-hidden-devotions

First post.

Enjoy!

I'll always take Bram Stoker's Dracula over all the talk of Brendan Fraser's abomination, The Mummy, a thread or three ago.

When The Mummy (Fraser version) first came out, I remember reading an article by someone who was a member of the Temple of Set, that splinter occult group that broke away from the Church of Satan. They pointed out that, although the film was in some ways a generic action/adventure romp, it was actually one of the first Mummy films in decades that honestly, seriously, suggested that there was a real mystical power in the ancient ways of Egypt and their Hekau. Previous outings from Universal usually treated the Egyptian beliefs as "mumbo jumbo", with the re-animation of the Mummy being the sole glaring and inexplicable exception. Yet, in Fraser's version, we see Imhotep cast all manner of spells, the potency of ancient curses and Imhotep "hoisted on his own petard" when Evie reads a spell to strip him of his immortality.

So hate on Brendan Fraser for being prettier, or whatever, but don't forget the fact there's some real inspiration for Mummy campaigns therein.

Still.... my heart belongs to Karloff. I got a copy of the 1932 version on DVD for $5 at a market, and the scene where Imhotep awakens still chills me to my feet.

youtube.com/watch?v=i8UGlPvNcmI

Sweet lord Jesus, I wish I'd picked up a few of these a decade ago, have you seen the resale values? They're going for 10 times what the original retail was....

ebay.ie/sch/i.html?_sop=3&_nkw=white wolf dice set&_frs=1

So you'd prefer I mutilate something more highbrow? I'm not really mutilating anything, I'm trying to use a cultural reference as a point of commonality so that you understand what I'm talking about.

There were, but they got cut.

There are people who don't love the Brendan Frasier Mummy?

is there any good owod trove link that fellow kindreds can share?

If you check the link I posted, they're in the first post.

Alternately:
pastebin.com/u/ericateachesnyc
pastebin.com/u/knightchelsea

Did you ask for this on 7chan too?

mega.nz/#F!YIgVwQKY!ykGezjo3qppcgHXzTKuBGQ!8N5hQYpA

No I don't browse 7chan? but should I ? Is it better for requests etc?

>So you'd prefer I mutilate something more highbrow?

I'll go nice and slow for you.

Poe was a horror writer. He wrote "Scary Stories". His characters and themes nestle sweetly in WoD games like an evil hot dog in a bun of pure darkness. Nothing I suggested contradicted Poe or his themes in any way. In fact, it goes quite nicely with your "Dark Souls" concept, the world of darkness in general, as well as being a nod to a literary tradition.

Your barely fleshed-out idea about a SNES princess character turned into an inhuman monster is all about taking a brightly coloured children's character and hammering it into an inappropriate world, with inappropriate skills. Hence; "mutilating". The end result feels insipid, uninspired and generally on-par with Aspel's efforts to make Sailor Moon Hunter Vigils.

I'm done discussing this with you. When I throw a dog a bone, I'm not interested in how it tastes. If you want a shitty character with a concept that makes people laugh, go right ahead with Princess Peach, the Parkour Motorcycle Champion. No-one here will stop you; we just thought you deserved the chance to have some dignity. What fools we were.

>If you check the link I posted, they're in the first post.
I know. I'm just saying that the secret hidden game isn't actually in Secrets. It was planned, but got cut, so the links weren't actually in the book. David mentioned it in the Discord, where he at first told someone that it wasn't a secret code, only to realize the page with the hints was cut out.

Seven has, hands down, the most well-organised, tight-run .pdf share thread on the internet. It's patrolled day and night by a Mod who smokes pure meth and lives and dies by the rules. No off-topic posts, no trolling, no shitposting, no complaining, just .pdf upon .pdf. Aspel wouldn't last 20 seconds over there.

7chan.org/tg/res/113975.html

So, would anyone possibly have any idea about reading material that would be useful for a hunter player?

The plot for our current campaign is moving fast, and I feel like I should try to figure some things out that would be useful for successful hunts.

I'll go nice and slow for you, as well:

Making random references to Poe "because he was a horror writer" doesn't really mean anything. It doesn't add much to what I'm going for or play into my character idea at all. The idea for the character is specifically a video game character brought to life, Weird Science style. Going all in for Edgar Allen Poe references doesn't reinforce that at all, it just comes off as a bit pretentious.

>Your barely fleshed-out idea about a SNES princess character turned into an inhuman monster is all about taking a brightly coloured children's character and hammering it into an inappropriate world, with inappropriate skills. Hence; "mutilating". The end result feels insipid, uninspired and generally on-par with Aspel's efforts to make Sailor Moon Hunter Vigils.
a) Guess who, motherfucker
b) again, this character is not Princess Zelda, I was using a cultural touchstone to help you understand the concept. This isn't "mutilating" anything, and it's not "taking a brightly coloured children's character and hammering it into an inappropriate world". You're failing to understand the crux of what I'm saying, and instead hyper focusing on the shorthand I was using.

One potential idea for the character is that she was originally intended to be a non-playable side character, the princess that gets rescued and gives quests, as opposed to the player character. I used "Princess Zelda/Peach" as an example. That doesn't mean the tone of those games would be the tone of the game the Promethean comes from, though Hatsune Miku is already a "canon" character.

And arguing that throwing in a bunch of Edgar Allen Poe references is somehow better is just pretentious. It's the same thing, it's just for something you feel is more worthy. Actually, it's worse, because instead of something inspired by it, you want me to just make a bunch of references.

If you feel my skills are inappropriate, maybe you should explain why.

>Aspel wouldn't last 20 seconds over there.
I was on 7chan for years. It has no real posts, either. It's slow as hell. I actually made several posts the last time someone brought it up.
We get it, you think I'm terrible. But have you thought that maybe you're not much better? You just don't have a name that can be put to you.

>I like to Whine and complain about people not liking me

I hate to interrupt the latest Aspel slap fight and meltdown, but there's a new Monday Meeting Notes, so let's talk about that instead of whatever's going in here: theonyxpath.com/peering-forward-along-the-onyx-path-2017-monday-meeting-notes/

Onyx Path is five years old! Dawn of Heresies comes out Wednesday! You can buy The Sundered World on its own really soon!

Have you checked-out the Hunter supplement The Horror Recognition Guide?

sendspace.com/file/8fu427

How come Changeling and Hunter 2e might get Kickstarters but the three major lines all got shafted?

The only way to now apparently guarantee timely supplements is with Kickstarter.

Honestly? It's because they're running out of oWoD material to update for KS. They even say it as much, we've got a while before Hunter: the Reckoning 20 can even start being a thing.

Thar and Changeling the Lost 1e made mad bank for them, there's no way they were going to resist the call of making a KS for it.

Changeling 1e made more money than Vampire, Werewolf or Mage 1e? If that was the case, why was it a limited line?

I also noticed that OPP made absolutely no mention of the Crossover Chronicles. I have a feeling it might turn into vaporware.

It sold well in limited; it sold well enough that the planned '5 book limited line' turned into what, 9 or 10? I remember talking to some of the devs at an MES convention back when Lost was ramping up and they were talking about the extension of the line.

It sure did! It was a limited line because everything post-Mage was supposed to be, but it ended up with the most books out of any of the limited lines because it made so many sales.

Having a KS for Changeling 2e is a no-brainer if there's room on the docket. Book's pretty much done so you can slap that on the project page, it has enough good word of mouth and nostalgia to move pledges, and it has a lot of stretch goal potential.

Shut up, fuck off and Die, Eddie.

Did I tell you I buttfucked Eddie, aka "Aspel", once? True story. Gave the little tranny bastard Immodium so he wouldn't shit all over my dick. Afterwards I wiped myself on his thigh and dumped him by the side of the New Jersey Turnpike like a Bangbus whore.

Now we can safely ignore any more posts you may have about either 7chan or your pathetic character ideas (who, by the way, are unimaginative direct rips with "...only they are a splat" tacked onto the end).

They could always keep porting their backcatalogue....

Has anyone run The Sundered World yet?

Doesn't that story reflect poorly on YOU?

What are your unimaginative character ideas?

>Aspel: The Ignoring

>IGNORE ASPEL

Really contributing to the thread there.

I once created a Sabbat haven and placed it beneath Luna Park. It made sense at the time - the slightly sinister carnival atmosphere, faded glory of the old rides and the idea that monsters could hide in the crowd, to them a massive buffet...

So I drew out a complete floor plan and buggered if I remember where the entrance was hidden in the Park. In any case, it came in handy when the Technocracy finally got sick of the character's bullshit and showed up to purge the complex with a HIT Mark. Cue a Potence-fuelled Burly Brawl, and knowing where someone ends up when they get punched through the wall of the Archbishop's Chambers became important.

I fudged the Paradox rules somewhat, and my players misinterpreted it to mean the Technocrats weapons wouldn't target *innocent civilians*, leading to Human Shields Everywhere.

Memories....

>Doesn't that story reflect poorly on YOU?
STILL COUNTS
youtube.com/watch?v=lQlIhraqL7o

>www.boners.com

I want to know why this image is from this website.

I started a campaign where the players (hunters in the hunter caste serving under a blood wise) appeased some spirits just before the gauntlet fell and dealing with the immediate aftermath. After that we started the plotline of the first vampire (who were revenants that'd eventually gain a neglatu leader that'd uplift them) but the players all started losing interest because they don't like anything that isn't medieval fantasy.
Had they continued they'd learn the rites that uplifted the revenants to neglatu were the same rites that made the blood bather they had to kill to appease the spirits, spiraling into occult lore and attracting more than just their wise into the mystery. Pretty sad it died, I think they'd have liked it a whole lot more than the D&D game that followed it.

I feel your pain. My old D&D and D&D only group got bored of some pretty dope historical settings.

Speaking of The Sundered World, does anyone have the pdf of Tales of Dark Eras? Thanks.

>Aspiration: Fuck Father Wolf

While not quite on the same magnitude, I once did see a player with "Court the Ocean" as an Aspiration.

>Aspiration: Live to see the day Imperial Mysteries 2e is released

First for qt Thyrsus

What's Immodium?

>Aspiration: dump Aspel's body where no-one will ever find him

imodium.com/
>Previously available only by prescription, Imodium A-D has been used for years to treat diarrhea.

FIRST for BJ Zanzibar

bjz-backup.droppages.com/

This is a fucking blast from the past

No, population centers exist where they do for a reason, at least the ones that are old enough for Kindred to care about.
I make huge modifications though, like Montreal being the Undead Capitol of the New World and basically serving as the Las Vegas of Vampirism due to it's colder climate, longer winters and greater history of higher density human habitation...
Or alternately making Damascus the spiritual and cultural seat of Vampirism in the Old World rather than Rome since from a population standpoint Damascus was historically inhabited way earlier and has been way more stable than Rome itself.

I'd love to play a game in a small town where you can actually deal with personal issues of becoming a vampire instead of having to do fetch quests for the local vampire overlords.

Dare you to play this softly the next time one of your players is having a scene with loved ones. Bonus if you're playing Vampire.

youtube.com/watch?v=Bag1gUxuU0g

>What is Gary By Night?

or

>What is Milwakee By Night?

Requiem actually acknowledges that Rule 0 exists and encourages players to have fun instead of verbally fellate their feelings of mutual angst and faggotry. It is therefore automatically superior to everything which inspired it.

I don't know.

Ease off the throttle there edgelord.

More importantly, who are you trying to impress here? Don't put a square peg into a round asshole and all that...

>IGNORE ASPEL IF HE SAMEFAGS

> verbally fellate their feelings of mutual angst and faggotry

You actually get more of that in Requiem; it's called "a Beat" after where the fags used to go to anonymously suck dick.

I mean angst can be pretty fun honestly.

>Poe
>pretentious
nigger what.

Just ignore the stupid fat Tranny bastard. Everything he says is trolling for a reaction.

>"hey guise, critique out this fansplat I wrote"
>"hmm, well, this isn't very clear here and here, you could do better with characterisation and I think this part directly contradicts...."
>"FUCK YOU, YOU DO BETTER, I'M UNDER PERSONAL ATTACK, X CARD, X CARD!!!"

He's a jealous, spiteful, vindictive little whiner that endlessly complains about living in the US of A instead of just sacking up and moving to Canada. He tells disabled people and gay people that they don't know what they're talking about, he knows their lives and struggles and what they want better than they do. If you think Princess Buttercup the Parkour-Powered Motorbike Rider is a shitty concept, wait until you see the literal "Cosplay Fangirls Turned Hunter For Some Reason" abortion he was touting a few months back. He insists he's disabled when he basically just refuses to leave his house and trolls the internet all day. He believes that Left Wing Extremists can do no wrong and then ignores anyone who points out socialist countries that turned into hellscapes. Above all, he refuses to use a tripcode, because then we could just ignore his bullshit. He's proud of that last part.

It is not for spurious reasons we keep posting
>IGNORE ASPEL

rather, it is to preserve this thread from devolving into another auto-saged mess of arguments over whether or not America can be considered "Great" based on principles taken from a fucking Sid Meier game.

He probably thinks Poe is pretentious because the last real book he read had lift-up flaps.

Actually, he's probably snide and jealous at that book because it has better flaps than him.