Can we have a Fate lore thread? Veeky Forums's are way better than other boards'

Can we have a Fate lore thread? Veeky Forums's are way better than other boards'.

This was recently translated:

>Fate/Grand Order Material Book III
pastebin.com/egn1mcMc

Other urls found in this thread:

typemoon.wikia.com/wiki/Saberface
drive.google.com/file/d/0B7yuF4rsGsE6aVZIV2RBT1Q2U1k/view
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

No

No

Before this thread dies: Fate is a fucking shameful series that's now 100% cashcow material. Anyone who hasn't jumped ship is just there to jerk off to cute babes who were historically big burly fat men with beards. There is no shred of dignity left in the franchise, and it didn't have a lot in the first place. I'm sorry user, the light of hope has been extinguished, and nothing can rekindle that now that Grand Order exists. Fuck off and take your garbage cashgrab with you.

Polite sage.

k

u mad bro?

Bump for great thread

He's not wrong though. There's lots of really good ideas in there that are blotted out by making every second person a waifu or a clone. Lots of attention has clearly been painstaking paid to mythology, events and history, then soured by "...and now they're a woman!"

I understand partly why they did this. Most historical movers and shakers were indeed men and most of the game would be a sasuage fest if they stuck to keeping certain characters male, so they decided to well, even things out a bit?

I picked up grand order and it seems to be Pokemon but with said Historical/Mythological figures.

Who exactly do you have a problem with? Nero, who in real life was known for cross-dressing? Drake, who is actually Queen Elizabeth? Da Vinci, who is still a guy but magicked himself into becoming the Mona Lisa because he's crazy and that's what he wanted in real life too?

It's really only Artoria (and it's already confirmed that we're getting prototype Arthur anyway) and Altera/Attila that suffer from that problem.

I think its the other direction, where the Arturia 'twist' was actually kind of clever and well done in its own way. Its not hard to sell that the sword picked someone who happened to not be male, but they were still technically 'King', and history sort of muddled the details over time.

But because Saber was the posterchild of Fate, it just keeps getting done over and over again. And thats not even counting how many Saber clones there are now, half of them supposedly being characters that have no connection to Arturia at all.

Fate/Stay Night has a lot of cool ideas and some neato story arcs. Fate/Zero is a bit overhyped but also pretty cool. But beyond those two entries, the franchise has a tendency to go full retard pretty quickly in the name of keeping itself alive.

Which is a blessing and a curse. People wanted more Fate, because Fate was good. And because we are living in the darkest timeline, they got what they asked for.

The Fate series is the gayest thing since gay came to gay town

>And thats not even counting how many Saber clones there are now, half of them supposedly being characters that have no connection to Arturia at all.
Are you talking about...

Artoria's literal clone
Artoria's literal clone on a surfboard
Younger Artoria
Evil Artoria
Evil Artoria with a lance
Artoria with a lance
Artoria in a swimsuit
Artoria with a lightsaber
?

Because those are literally all her except for the first two which are her son.

I think he is talking about shit like Nero, which looks like Saber just because.

She actually doesn't though?

Okita kind of does but that's only because Takeuchi can't draw for shit, any female character looks like Saber in his art style if you give them a similar hairstyle or colour.

typemoon.wikia.com/wiki/Saberface

>typemoon.wikia.com

I'm about as invested in this debacle as someone who just woke up from a nap to see the thread still up after can be. What are you getting at?

Why did Cherno Alpha become an anime character?

>Nero isn't a Saberface

retard

I like the setting but the power level is too insane for any system but narrative to be used.

Which I don't particularly like.

>which looks like Saber just because.
Well, that and the implication that Saber is Nero's descendant, which also makes for a semi-historical reference.

>I like the setting but the power level is too insane for any system but narrative to be used.
You know very few systems then.

>King Arthur was a woman, but remembered as a man.
That's fair.

>Nero's crossdressing confused people.
Okay.

>Da Vinci was transgender and used magic to appear as the Mona Lisa after his death.
Alright.

>Francis Drake was actually Elizabeth the First.
Hrn....

>Atilla the Hun was actually a space alien woman.
Okay.

>Jack the Ripper was a manifestation of the suffering of children during the era that expressed their bitterness of dying young upon their mothers and women.
That's pretty metal.

What about the other ones? I'm genuinely curious and the wiki entries don't really explain why they're female, folk like..

Mityamoto Mushashi
Ushiwakamaru/Minamoto (Another case of same-person. The former is the younger version of the latter it seems)
Okita Souji

That's just off the top of my head when it comes to genderflipped characters.

K i l l y o u r s e l f

>Okita Souji
Okita was often mistaken by a woman.
He's the inspiration for Kenshin from Samurai X, who looks pretty woman-like at a quick glance. And I think he's an inspiration for Haku, from Naruto, too
They just whent more literal with it

Currently, working on a F/GO campaign for some friends.
Instead of them playing as Masters and commanding Servants, I went the Prisma Illya way of having them "install" the Servants.

Back in Chaldea, though, the Servants get to run around for amusing shenanigans.

That actually sounds like a feasible way to do it. What system are you using?

We're using Fate/World Outbreak, a homemade system by a guy on Reddit that I was introduced to by a Roll20 friend.

It's a pretty simple system and it's easy to keep things going fast with it, but I've had to rewrite some bits and we've had to thrown in a bunch of houserules because a lot of parts aren't written very clearly.
Also we're not using the extra classes the original author threw in.

Any chance of an upload? Not finding it.

Here you go
drive.google.com/file/d/0B7yuF4rsGsE6aVZIV2RBT1Q2U1k/view

how would you make a fate game Veeky Forums? is there a way plot armor can be made into game mechanics?

Danke user.

>Mityamoto Mushashi
He's canonically male in Type-Moon. The one recently released is an alternate history version, probably because hype for Musashi has been building for so long that TM intends to milk as much dosh as possible with two versions.

It's wasted so many genuinely interesting historical characters by turning them into generic waifus. And the ones that aren't waifus are just plain shit.

Ushi and Yorimitsu are girls because "don't think too hard about it".

Saw the FGO anime. The opening was boring, but it was great seeing Cu Caster and Medusa Lancer.

>That part where Cu finally wins the Grail War and asks to come back as Lancer next time because he claims he's better that way.

That version of Lancer Medusa was pretty kickass. Also trips and dubs checked.

Strange Fake is playing things straight and avoiding waifu trash for the most part. The only faux pa so far is making Hippolyta, Queen of the Amazons, a small girl. Everything else is pretty serious and the writer is actually using stuff from older Type Moon to good effect.

Plot armor is bennies, fate or action points.