God damit wizards i am sick of these stupid fucking op myth-

>god damit wizards i am sick of these stupid fucking op myth-

holy shit its a fucking uncommon

im scared Veeky Forums

Other urls found in this thread:

magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/making-magic/when-cards-go-bad-revisited-2012-10-22
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

that would suck as a mythic

>turn 3 7/11
>sucks

yeah it would suck as a mythic

Would be garbage as a mythic, please learn about the game you're playing before you pretend to know more about it than the actual designers.

It requires any number of creatures with total power 6 or higher or function, or one of three spells so far (Start Your Engines, Siege Modification, Peacekeeper Colossus). That would make this a card that you would have to build around.

So, you're either tapping a whole bunch of creatures with a total of 6 power or higher in order to get a 7 power creature or you're building around making this card a creature through other means - which would mean you're building your deck around a vanilla creature that would be either removed or chump-blocked for days.

It's a trap.

Siege mod on this in limited will be fucking scary though

>i dont remember ensoul

Yeah, unless you have a good way to give it evasion it's not going to shake the world beyond evaporating a creature each turn.

And spending more cards on giving it evasion/always a creature means you've got more ability for 2 for 1 or even 3 for one (As I can't recall anything that would make it both a creature constantly AND give it evasion.)

Though it does make me wish Fling was still about.

>Though it does make me wish Fling was still about.
you have to make it a creature first

Literally every color has tools in common capable of dealing with it.

This card is so fucking bad, what do people see in it? Rather, do people actually think this is good?

All I can imagine is people think this is going to be abusable like phyrexian dreadnought might be, but it's not even close. It's easily dealt with by any colour, doesn't have evasion, and doesn't do anything but attack, hot fucking garbage.

Oh yeah but 'start your engines, swing, fling' would be pretty fun.

>I don't understand why ensoul was actually good.

OP is mistaken about this card being mythic power but I have noticed the general trend of cards in aether revolt being a little bit better than what we're used to seeing. is the pendulum beginning to swing back to the ALA/ZEN/SOM days?

Your attitude is why we can't have nice things anymore.

The only saving grace i can think of is this set have artifact convoke and that thing can be a mana source for those abilities until you can crew it.

Everytime I see this I always want to put it in my Volrath deck. Then I remember I'm retarded.

>dies to push

That's not a Mythic.
THIS is a Mythic!

Valroz. You mean Valroz or Mimeoplasm, not volrath, silly user.

He did say he was retarded.

Why the hell is this mythic? It's an uncommon at best.

>pay 7, have 4 other creatures out, gain 5 energy
>attack next turn, get another 5 energy
>pay 10
>it's now 17/17 trample

gg

7 power on the board is pretty reasonable on turn 3, and you're presumably using every other creature you played to drive this thing.

How doesn't this work with Varolz?

You could do that in one turn if you give it haste. Maybe I'll pick up one or two, just in case...

Vehicles don't actually have power and toughness until they become creatures, even though they're printed with it. Yes, this is stupid.

Phyrexian Dreadnought is a vehicule?

no, Patrick, you imbecile

Can you explain?

If Kaladesh vehicles are anything to go by, it sucks as an Uncommon, too.

Now the Uncommon Crew 1 4/4 that gets a +1/+1 counter whenever it attacks? That thing is gonna ruin some limited games for sure.

Powerlevel has definitely been on an upswing this block. But I think that just naturally tends to happen in artifact-themed sets, because artifacts are so easily broken.

> doesn't have trample
> stump blocking isn't a thing

Yeah it's shit.

>Indian set
>7-11

Great job

It's also going to be incredibly frustrating with people turning it into a creature and attacking without passing priority, just like it was with the train.

7/11 was a part time job

>stump blocking

Are you the guy who says "hot garbage" in every thread?

Yea, energy isn't a fucking great mechanic with tons of built-in synergy or anything. Dropping this guy into a token deck and playing him for +10 energy to power other abilities, spells, and cantrips isn't super useful. This guy is mediocre at best.

Am I the only one baffled that Kaladesh has Sky Skiff and Smuggler's Copter in the same set? One is strictly better than the other and they're in the same set! Was that on purpose? Hot garbage, in my opinion.

well, one is common and the other is rare...

Effectively a one mana 1/11. Seems pushed by the sheer number of stats alone, but at the same time it's unclear how you'd use it.

Rares are literally not supposed to be better than commons.

They always are, but they're not "supposed to".

Yeah, this. Wizards always says rares are just more complex. Well, not so much anymore unless this was some kind of mistake.

You'd only have 2 energy.

You can't defend that card at mythic.

If it made every creature give you energy on attack, then MAYBE it would be worth it.

>for each creature you control

forgive me i've been drinking

GISA
I
S
A

Hi desolatormagic, just saw your video 2 hours ago. Just wanted to say you are a huge faggot

>tap any number of creatures
>zero is a number

wew

This has been something they have been doing since Alpha. There was a vertical cycle in Alpha that did this (Gray Ogre, Uthden Troll and Sedge Troll).

Rarity is also about making limited balanced, and fun. And I don't mean just fun the first time you play it. I mean if you REALLY like to draft, ideally you'll be willing to draft the set (or block, if it's the second set) 40 or 50 times (making WotC $ each time you do so, of course).

i don't understand this rationale

i play a lot of draft, and it sucks to get the garbage rares when i could be getting a good rare.

i think the rare slot is just about making desirable cards hard to get (wizards greed).

imagine playing a kaladesh cube with only the good cards, that would be a lot more fun.

obviously this will never happen because if all the good cards are commons, people wont open as many packs and wizards won't sell as many boxes

Maro has written numerous articles on why deliberately bad cards are printed as well as articles on rarity.

For example: magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/making-magic/when-cards-go-bad-revisited-2012-10-22

If you haven't read them already, give those articles a read. Even if you don't end up agreeing with R&D's point of view by the end of it, you'll have insight into there thoughts.

>magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/making-magic/when-cards-go-bad-revisited-2012-10-22

i wouldn't care if all rares were bad

actually that would be an improvement, since that moves the average 'quality' of the set to the uncommon/common slot

the problem is when you're the lucky guy who gets a shit rare pack 1, 2, and 3.

at least in the current limited meta, where having multiple solid bombs is required to win, pulling a shit rare is just a waste of time.

makes the game much more 'skinner box' and less strategy

>i think the rare slot is just about making desirable cards hard to get (wizards greed).
It's also for making desirable cards hard to get for making limited better. Imagine if Pack Rat had been an uncommon or if Smuggler's Copter was common.

>at least in the current limited meta, where having multiple solid bombs is required to win
Do you even watch pros draft? You don't need bombs, you just need a solid deck that does something.

Let's hope it's fun to draft, because the powerlevel is through the roof.

>Rarity is also about making limited balanced, and fun.

That is nothing but a retarded excuse for gullible idiots. The best, most fun, agreed by everyone form of limited is Cube Draft, and THERE IS NO RARITY IN CUBE DRAFT so why the fuck would standard draft need rarity? It doesn't. It doesn't contribute to the fun at all. Only thing you need for a great limited format is for the power curve to be as flat as possible so that you don't get abject trash in your packs.

Here's the real reason rarity exists: getting rubes to buy more packs. That's it. That's all it fucking does. They put overpowered staples in as rares and useless chaff as commons and make you buy the chaff to get the staples.

And then they pretend it has something to do with balance. It does not.

You know everything Maro says there is a lie, right? That that's NOT what R&D thinks at all? Only reason rarity exists is a stealth price hike. Only reason bad cards exist is a stealth price hike (also sometimes incompetence, but usually they know when they're making a card shit). The ideal situation from a game design standpoint would be for the power level to be completely flat, the worst card in the game being almost as useful as the best card. But that wouldn't enable the shady skinner box economics they've decided on.

Yeah, but nobody who matters plays limited. Kitchen Table players don't do limited, and so get flooded with shit cards

>Every pro tour has a draft component
>Pro tour players "don't matter"
Whatever helps you sleep at night

Designing for Limited has always been an excuse to fill up a set with dogshit and shift good cards to Rare or even Mythic.

You shouldn't design FOR Limited, the entire point of Limited is to make due with what the set IS.

>literally

Fuck off back to tumblr

You block a large creature with a 1/1 cause it doesn't have trample and doesn't matter for shit. Oh shit you lost card advantage well that's okay you can BTFO it later.

Any large creature without Trample is objectively worthless.

If you can get 6 power out by turn 3, do you really need this card though?

New combo with Sun Titan for modern?

>combo
Oh sod off.

Just resolving Sun Titan and getting back should carry you a long way.

Admittedly their numbers fit nicely together. Still, nothing amazing

Veteran motorist + pic
You tell me

>You would have to deal with it during combat or kill it as an artifact
>vehicle player not set behind whatsoever
>Built to Last exists
How exactly are you dealing with it anyway?

See

Laughed harder than I should've

Ensoul was good because it gave you a two mana indestructible 5/5 that comes into play tapped, which is hard to deal with and way better than you normally get for that mana.

ConDre + the permacrew aura gives you an effectively three mana (four technically, but you'll drop it on turn one when your mana isn't critical) 10/11 haste that's hard to deal with and way better than you normally get for that mana. I wouldn't dismiss it out of hand just because you don't like some Youtube guy.

It's called chump blocking in my experience. Stump works too of course.

The problem is that unless you give it trample, its just going to keep slamming into servos. Plus, its both an artifact and a creature, so any artifact removal and any instant-speed creature removal deals with it. Plus, any enchantment removal will hose it as well.

Don't get me wrong, I'm going to throw together a fun jank-as-hell deck to try it, but I don't expect to win many games

just put it into your Stifle deck user

man i hope i can draft RW vehicles for my prerelease

Oh, and even if you win game 1, they sideboard in lost legacy or similar and your entire wincon falls to bits.

That's when you sideboard the dreadnoughts out. You don't need to commit to them, it's just two cards with no need for support beyond that. The rest of your deck can be anything as long as it's red and has vehicles.

> costs 7

>It's also going to be incredibly frustrating with people turning it into a creature and attacking without passing priority, just like it was with the train.

what?

you just say 'before you crew it I..' or 'before combat I...'

If it were mythic, the crew cost would be 2.

>Any large creature without evasion is of limited use.

Fixed that for you. A flying big creature is fine.

That lizard looks so small and cute. The art needs an element of scale because those "trees" look like leaves.

I think is fine. The fact that tumblrinas have no idea what the word means doesn't mean that they own it.

>Maro has written numerous articles on why deliberately bad cards are printed as well as articles on rarity.

>The guy whose job is to justify the exploitive business model wrote articles justifying the exploitive business model

Oh my, I'm so convinced right now.

It's 3 dollars right now. I'm gonna buy several of this shit and wait till it's 20 bucks.

The hard part is actually getting to 7. Ramp isn't exactly existant. The only reason we see Ems getting hardcasted is because Aetherworks just functions so well that it can drag out games long enough to where you can get 6 card types in grave and 7 lands, provided you don't scoop turn 4 from a marveled Em.
The best line I see is Chandra so he can come out on T5 provided Chandra lives.

Well, there's one of Tezzeret's Touch target.

>Ultimately more/less playable Xantid Swarm
Rhetorical question, but is there a creative bone left in this company?

>7 power on the board is pretty reasonable on turn 3, and you're presumably using every other creature you played to drive this thing.
If you're actually crewing this thing, you're doing it all wrong. You're meant to be playing the RW guy that auto-crews a vehicle when he enters and the new aura that you can throw on a vehicle to crew it with +3/+0. This thing and the aura is a turn 4 kill alone.

Right, ok, so, they just made Xantid Swarm look shit.

>"We don't make cards for non-Standard formats."

Xanthid swarm doesn't deal chip damage, doesn't stop opponents casting wraths or other spells on their own turn, and it's also green, this is much better.

Read the second post wrong, my mistake, cool card though.

Xantid Swarm sticks around for more than one turn though. You forgot that Hope of Ghirapur also nets you life if it gets hit by Swords ;^)

This is what mythics SHOULD be. Big stupid bombs for twelve year old Timmy to get excited about or something that steals you some limited games

What they should not be is the most powerful cards in the set that drive up the price of a standard deck by a good hundo per playset

> Thopter commander

Classic Veeky Forums in this thread.
MtG is a BUSINESS. It exists to make money for the people who own the company and for no other reason.
There is nothing new about this and complaining about it every spoiler season isn't going to change it. Instead of complaining you should go play some game that's run less with profit in mind or some of the forms of MtG where rarity doesn't matter. And stop complaining, it doesn't contribute anything to anyone's life.

Hi ECON-101, how's it going.

What they haven't taught you yet is that economics is far more complicated than "Do what makes you money". The most efficient business plan ever is useless unless you have good PR and marketing. Obviously swindling your customers is a good way to have neither.
Go chat with the guys from the business department, they'll sort you out.

Oh Christ you're a moron.