Dieselpunk Thread 2: Steel and Chrome Boogaloo

The previous thread hit the image limit, so making this one to post more dieselpunk pics

Anyone played/ran any good games in a dieselpunk or pulp style?

Previous thread

Feat. the Renault FT - the robotic soldier of the future!

Also does housework alongside your domestic servants!

Gotta love those old "warfare of the future" things from magazines

Our intrepid inventors manage to take to the skies as renowned mechanic Walter Christie develops an armored vehicle capable of taking it to the skies! Army Air Corps officials have noted an interest in integrating these armored machines with the XVIII Airborne Corps to give them a much needed boon in the firepower department.

And just to piss off that guy who thought posting pics while saying nothing about the game was """shilling"""

Because nothing adds flavor to pulp/dieselpunk stories quite like dangerous Asians.

I guess?

Borderline, but at least on the shitty movie aesthetic we get Dieselpunk, and Nemo was certainly both dangerous and Asian

If it's not foreigners, it's gangsters or businessmen. And if it's not them, it's cultists. And if it's not them, it's fascists.

With a wide selection of equipment suited for all types of missions, its versatility simply cannot be beat. Whether it's working on the fields or performing armored breakthroughs, Renault assures you that the FT series is the best in autonomous combat and service vehicles. Order today!

>FT series
If you're okay with a piddly tractor, sure.

But if you want a real man's weapon, an hon-hon-est to god land battleship, get an FMC Char C2!

Yes, I know the FT was much more successful, and the C2 was horribly outdated in WWII when it fought. Was still huge though

Vhat vas this about Amerikans und their Vagen nach Berlin?

Red Alert?

No idea, sorry.

Has anyone ever seen The Dark City? It doesn't age well, but when I saw it when it first came out it blew my fucking mind. It flirted with dieselpunk before the term applied to anything. And the antagonists. Crazy albino vampires with psychic abilities

And yet, we have 'airborne cavalry' these days.

Semi-bad movie, but some nice toys in it.

More turrets = more shot traps. Yay.

True. I just love how mad the little autogyros look

If you mean mad as in insane? Yes. The control scheme being a handle on the cyclic is absurd. They'd crash before they left the ground.

I've got a few suitable images.

Here we go:

Fantasy dieselpunk?

Someone mentioned French land-battleships?

Don't know what this is, but it looks a bit Russian to me.

Good, old-fashioned, dieselpunk Nazis!

T-55 chassis.

I think this was in the last dieselpunk thread.

Again, from the last dieselpunk thread (also the film Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow).

>from the last dieselpunk thread
Don't repost it, then. That thread is still up, it just ran out of image limit.

Oh. Oaky-doaky, then!

And the real one

Still big though

A fine Soviet tradition!

Man, the Caspian Sea Monster is so rad.

Is there any more successful group in alt-history than the Nazis?

Such a shame the idea of ekranoplans never took off.

>They'd crash before they left the ground.
No, they would work - Autogyros exist - just the whole idea.

It's cool and stupid at the same time

I appreciate your pun

Snow cleaner for an airport.

Its "gun" is a turbine.

No, I mean with that control scheme of the pilot having to use one hand to constantly control the rotor head.
I know autogyros work, even if they never got popular. Same with the Fairey Rotodyne, which they actually did most of the testing on near me.

Thank you. Not sure how that guy plans to use a sword at that height, though.

If they'd really had half as many giant robots, mutants, super-soldiers, super-weapons & occult forces as they do in fiction, we'd all be speaking German right now.

You do realise that it is actually scifi and not dieselpunk?

Better to get it out ready while flying and not doing anything with the hand - maybe use it to cut the strings on your 'chute when you land - than to try and get it out when you're in rush because some arsehole is charging you.

Yeah, on close inspection the controls there look nasty - does appear to have pedals though.

Why the cold war bombers? (that are both still in service, and likely will be until the 50's)

> Why
Because I think the early-mid jet age blurs nicely into late dieselpunk. They used to start SR-71s with a couple of big-block V8s geared together on a cart, for fuck's sake.

Given how technology works, if the germans did indeed have all those wunderwaffen, they'd still lose the fucking war because for each super soldier piloting a supermech, the Americans will build 20 Shermans and send 3 platoons of infantry to battle, and the Russians will build 16 T-34s to battle and send 14 platoons of infantry to battle.

You can't fix a bunch of retarded Nazis doing retarded shit with technology. Well, maybe the new technology allows for Hitler's assassination to succeed, and the Wehrmacht killing off all the Nazis, surrendering to the Allies to form a strong front against Stalin.

That is the only way they could have won.

>They used to start SR-71s with a couple of big-block V8s geared together on a cart
I did not know that, that's cool and amusing as fuck

I mean, right up to the 80s when they went big on the 'multirole' meme and stuck computers into everything, it was pretty neat.

They replaced it with a proper starter after a while, but that was the easiest way of starting those fuckhuge ramjets.

Aaaand.... that's it; I'm tapped out.

This isn't the 40k thread.

That's Keith Thompson

>corsets as outerwear
REEEEEEEEEEEEEE

those are 40k? Well damn. Don't lie though, they look the part to be here.

They look a LOT like Russ variants.

But, to be fair, the Imperial Guard have a pretty dieselpunk aesthetic, at least in the vehicles.