ITT: When TV/movie characters go full Player Character

Pic related.
>I'm a supervillain. Now talk.

Also
>in True Detective when they cause a huge shootout between a bunch of cops and some neo-Nazis, then flee into the night leaving mayhem in their wake

>So what are you gonna do Mollari, blow up the island?

>Actually, now that you mention it?

>Implying Elliot is more of a PC than Penny

Yeah, Penny is player character as hell.

And Quinton is the "brooding loner" character as played by a good RPer.

And Julia is someone who they decided not to let into the group because they didn't want any more players.

And Kady is mai waifu.

The shootout in True Detective season 1 was on the nigger hood and it was between those. There was few bikers and we see most of them die.

>I roll to intimidate
Your roll fails
>I roll again
You can't do that
>Oh. I choke the prisoner, and roll to intimidate again with a +50 bonus.
You can't-
>Too late already rolled, I got a 45.

Forgot pic.

Fair enough. I watched it when it first came out and hadn't since. Must've remembered wrong.

Regardless, causing a shootout and then slipping out in the chaos is the kind of thing I see PCs do fairly often.

OP meant the shootout in season 2, I think
Granted, that took place during the day

I meant season 1. It'd just been a long time since I saw it.

bump

And Margo is someone's bitter impression of a sorority chick who wouldn't bang them.

Honestly, they're all varying levels of PC, except one.

Julia is the fucking worst.

I don't hate Julia but I can see how you would.

Quentin is the first hero character in any media that I've ever really identified with. We have very different personalities, but similar motivating factors and under the surface I feel like him most of the time.

>Spoilers

That makes sense - he's not even a hero in his own mind. I think it helps keep him more grounded, and therefore more realistic.

Julia reminds me too much of someone I actually know who also just barely avoided killing herself due to an escalating series of poor decisions. I spent every scene with her in it, until the last couple of episodes (pre-reveal), shouting at her to get her head on straight for just one fucking second.

She didn't.

Sorry about your friend. I hope she gets her shit together.

Did your friend try to contact a deity and get her shit fucked up in the process?

Sort of, only not literally. Found God, but got herself mostly back on track instead of getting 4 people killed.

Helps that some of her old 'friends' that kept drawing her back down into the cesspit went to prison or OD'd.

Heroin - it's a hell of a drug. I don't recommend it.

Anyway, that's enough of that sad shit. PC Characters from TV - the continuing:
Parker, from Leverage. Max stealth, dex, and legerdemain - no social skills to speak of.

Since the 100 is basically somebody's fallout homebrew, I've been running Clarke stats in my head since about halfway through season one

Did that show ever pick up and get fun? I dropped it in Season 1 because I hated how quickly Julia self-destructed. It felt sloppy... and close to home.

>did it ever pick up
>dropped it in season 1
Season 2 hasn't even aired yet, boyo.
I want adventures of Penny and Elliot, with occasional mocking of Quinton for being a fucking nerd

Amos.
I love this guy, thru and thru. He's blunt and has a very particular way of speaking. He's got this semi-murderhobo mentality and practically relies on another person to be his moral compass.

Ah. Can I get a verdict about how season 1 turned out? I dropped it when she cheated over the promise of magic. Had to be episode 4, maybe?

Julia falls way harder than that afterwards. It was okay, I guess. I'll check the next season out.
When is Expanse season 2?

One month. I'm so hype I just rewatched all of season 1 this week.

Shit that sucks. I'm probably going to catch up with Magicians if season 2 turns out pretty well. I'm a huge sucker for a redemption story.

Littlefinger is the guy at the table who says "I maxed out my Charisma, Bluff, and Diplomacy, I should just be able to roll to mind control NPCs and not have to RP it!" and then the GM lets him get away with it for the whole game.

It's better in the books. Even GRRM pointed out that in the show someone said Littlefinger doesn't have any friends and in the books, he's everyone's friend.

Stranger Things characters are all PC's in a game, which becomes more obvious near the end. Though no one ever mentions this particular character and I always feel like I'm the only person who notices even though said character is one of two characters to do realdeal magic shit.

((SPOILERS)) Obviously

FOR REAL THO SPOILERSIt becomes super obvious whenSteve's Player who has been dropping in and out of the campaign for like 2 months finally gets his real life shit togetherand who by that time has of course been made into one of the main antagonists because no one thought he was coming back so he had to rejoin the group after a speedy atonement. So he comes back right at the last Boss fight as his Paladin who's equal level with the rest of the Party even though he didn't learn to play his character along the way. He gets feared by the BBEG's attack demon and runs away only for the DM to remind him he's immune to fear and he decides to actually put effort into really getting into character when the "CHA as a dump-stat Wizard" (Shadow Illusionist) fails his concentration check and gets grappled and the "Rogue" (Princess background) realizes Sneak Attack doesn't effect Outsiders/Shadow Elementals using the distraction to buff with Divine Weapon and blows all his Smite Evils in a single fight and goes hard enough to stunlock the Shadehound Alpha (with a non-magic Morningstar) knocking it back into the party's binding circle snare long enough for the Wizard to pull himself together and hit it with a Fireball to set off the Alchemist's Fire Trap they set before they botched (through lack of anyone having Knowledge: Planes) the Summoning Ritual. Also when they decided to Split the Party, and then the other players got caught but Diplomanced their way into a suicide mission through a Gate via a pact with the BBEG's faction, which worked out due to BBEG hubris.

Would strongly recommend the books, if you all haven't read them already.
A lot of things are different to the show, but the characters are (mostly) similar, and they are very well done

Amos is pretty great. He is even better in the book, because the show makes him more antagonistic to fill up screentime.

Book Amos is basically "I do shit. Sometimes, I do bad shit. But all the shit I do is what needed to be done. Naomi is smarter than me, so I do what she says. Holden is a better person than I am, and he would never hurt Naomi, so I do what he says too. I pretty much just take at face value that whatever they tell me to do is going to work out better than any idea I come up with."
"So yeah, if Holden gives me a button that will blow up the world and tells me in 15 minutes I need to press it... its a pretty shitty day. Like, wow. This is where we are, huh? But in 15 minutes I press that button. Because he wouldn't tell me to do it if it didn't need to happen."

>hey guys let's all talk about our favorite TV shows with the thin pretense of it being Veeky Forums related
And people wonder why Veeky Forums is dying.

I felt so bad for Steven in that scene, and gained so much respect for him.

Imagine it from his perspective. You go over to the house of the dude you beat up to apologize, and you find your girlfriend with him. So, that's a shocker. You understandably want to know whats going on, your girlfriend pulls a GUN on you, and then a freaking monster comes out of the wall and everyone in the room but you knows the plot and no one has time for questions. So you GTFO... and realize your girlfriend didn't follow you. She and that dude you don't like are still in that house.

Steven went back into that house swinging. He didn't have to, but he did.

Because of no-fun-alowed assholes that rant on endlessly about the "spirit of 4chins" ?

Bart is like the absolute perfect murder hobo in a campaign where the railroad is real.

"I'm a Holistic Assassin. I don't deal with traps and contracts and stuff like that. I just go places. And when I get there, if I see someone I am supposed to kill, I'll know. So I do."
"Everything is chaos, but there is patterns, you know? You start noticing things. Everything builds on top of itself and mirrors each other in little ways and you don't even notice until it all comes into focus. So I just let the universe take me where I need to be. I'm, like, a leaf in the stream of creation. Until I find someone who needs to die, and then I am like a piranha... in the stream of creation."
"I've been doing this for a long time, and I've never killed the wrong guy. If its not the right guy, the universe won't let me kill them."

He also managed to stagger and wound a horrific otherworldy abomination fairy tale nightmare creature with a bat. A fairytale nightmare that shurgs off point blank .38s to the back and then later is unfazed by like 8 guys opening up on it fullauto with big boy bullets at point blank range. Stagger and wound to the point that the demonic shadow demon knows actual pain for the first time in it's existence and starts panicing and keeps trying to disengage only to catch Holy Avenger Bat to the face and kneecaps.

Basically everything Rumplestiltskin does in Once Upon a Time.

man, she is so hot in the weirdest way.

>4 player characters stumble into the ownership of a space ship and the opportunity to go wherever they want
>"So what shall we name it?"
This was the moment I couldn't stop seeing The Expanse as if it was someone's space-fairing PnP group. The whole main cast just feels like player characters and I kinda love it for that.

Shed Garvey, the medical officer of the Canterbury, is that one party member who joins at the start but stops turning up after a couple sessions, so he gets killed off and forgotten about.

I'm pretty sure that emotional ties add to the blows.

For the feds, it was just another shootout.

Londo's a brilliant PC.

Starts off as an alien diplomat, with a host of disadvantages, rivalries, and more charisma than you can shake a stick at. And he seems like little more than a joke.

And of course then the player makes worse and worse decisions until you can just tell the GM wanted to make Londo an NPC and the player won't give in, and keeps playing him anyway.

Most games, especially modern ones, I end up playing somebody from leverage.

ABSOLUTE MADMAN
>his waifu gets killed in S3 so the player goes "fuck this let's go all in with Morden, it can't get worse than this"
>it gets worse

I have a theory that Holden named the Rocinante after the ship in Cygnus X-1, and when Naomi complimented him on his knowledge of classic lit he went full "oh, yeah, of course that's what I named it after." It'll come up as a joke much later down the line.

Nah, it's literally a joke about how Holden's personality matches up with Don Quixote a fair bit.

It was even funnier reading it THEN seeing the picture

Pick one

Can't remember exactly what scene it is, but the most PC-ish moment in The Expanse for me was when they spun up their PDC to make an attack on THE STATION THEY WERE DOCKED at. In the books, it's that thing they do with the railgun near the end of Cibola Burn. You know the one.

>1 guy whos REALLY into the campagin
>1 guy who just wanted ONE serious session
>the rest are too busy on their phones and hardly know whats going on "oh is it my turn now? uh, how does combat work again?"

bump

Kek'd

But Steve was not on the phone and was actually the most laid back from the entire five. Plus he makes it to the end.