This card is immune to monster effects, traps, spells and battle damage

>This card is immune to monster effects, traps, spells and battle damage

What the fuck is up with the meta?

>immune to battle damage

Still can be sacrificed brah.

Yugioh has the worst power creep of any tcg

KAIJU

Magic and pokemon TCG are way worse than yugiohs power creep.

What turn does the average YGO match end on again?

Not on turn 3

oh come on theyre all broken atm

Turn 2 if you're a shitter that uses tetris-tier bricking deck
Turn 8 if both decks are fucking hitting each other with small attacks
Turn 29 if FINAL COUNTDOWN

2 shit decks will last long against eachover
2 good decks wil last long, though not as long
1 good deck and 1 shit deck will last 1 turn, maybe 2
Stall decks will last until the other player does the right thing and quits

Shorter games =/= power creep

>implying full immune monsters are meta

Back your claims up.

Back to the containment thread.

t.magicuck

Name 1 card that does all that. I'll wait.

Horakthy does, depending on how far you bend what qualifies. Neither its special summon nor the win condition can be negated, and neither start a chain, so effects don't work because they don't have the chance to activate. Also since the game ends immediately, it can't take any battle damage because the battle phase can't occur, which means it can't battle in the battle phase, which means it can't take damage during the damage step during the battle phase.

>Progenitus WWUUBBRRGG
>Protection from everything

>True-Name Nemesis
>Protection from Target Player

Those do leave the option to deal with them using non-damage-based mass removal.

>I play Descend Upon the Sinful, Wrath of God, Supreme Verdict, Pernicious Deed, Damnation, Armageddon, Merciless Eviction, Languish, Planar Cleansing, End Hostilities, Terminus, or Planar Outburst

I blame the expansion of the Extra Deck for this.

>But user, you're just mad that they made new stuff.

I'll admit to being an oldschool Fusionist, but that's not the point here. Let's look at Synchro's introduction to the game and how it changed things.

You need a specific kind of monster on the field, and you have to line up the levels exactly. At its face, this isn't a bad design for summoning. But there are some problems with what came with it:
>Lots of monsters that Special Summon themselves or each other
It got really, really easy to combo tons of monsters into play in a short period of time. Even if they weren't particularly powerful, this made Synchro Summoning quite easy. Easier than other methods like Fusion and Ritual were holding up at the time.

>Nonspecific Requirements
Some Synchro Monsters actually require some particulars to their materials. That's great. But not enough of them are like that. If you can rapid-fire any junk cards onto the field and then get something really amazing for it, something's out of wack. Perhaps the balance would have been better if the Synchro Monsters that didn't need more specific materials were less powerful, but they weren't really.

So here we are. Synchro Summoning both increased the speed of the game and decreased the standard for playing powerful cards. If it had been handled differently it would be a lot harder for people to shout "Power Creep," but with this one swift move, the entire style of playing the game changed. Every new mechanic just attempts to keep up with or outdo this huge chance of pace.

Props to the designers for trying to make the older methods a little more relevant again, but in some ways it's a little unsatisfying to me how generically powerful a lot of cards are. It's just not as special anymore.

You can hardly even treat Pokemon as the same game anymore. They completely overhauled a bunch of shit.

It's funny because in the 5D's anime the final season is about how Synchros became used so much it literally brought about the apocalypse.

I didn't watch the series or play the games, but the imagery is hilarious.

>"Rival" character builds a synchro deck with an infinite combo in it
>the combo is an actually infinite loop, with no breakpoints
>unveils it at some big event with the bullshit projectors or shadowrealm or time traveling Egyptian dragon gods or whatever
>the resident "exposition guy"'s eyes bulge out as he realizes what's going to happen
>as the combo goes off, the numbers keep rising exponentially, more and more monsters are summoned
>somebody screams it's "IT'S GOING CRITICAL!", people start running away
>rival is like "I CAN'T CONTROL IT!"
>infinite monsters in finite space are so dense they form an actual miniature black hole
>incredible destruction before the thing folds on itself and pops out of reality as Kaiba finally concedes
>the plan of that guy who removed a piece of the puzzle 500 episodes and 2 seasons ago says "just as planned!"

Dude I played back then too. From generic beatdown to OPFUCKYOULOL Chaos to Goat Control to Monarch to Monarch being supported by every other fucking archtype they ineptly slogged out there.You basically had one playable deck at a time and maybe a few second tier off-decks that could steal a win now and then like Zombies or Gravekeepers while shit like Treeborn Frog came out for a deck type that wouldnt be relevant for years and did nothing but make the top deck at the time better. The fusion deck was largely ignored and with good reason because outside of Thousand Eyes most of it was utter shit. Oh sure occasionally getting Dark Balter out there was fun then it got overran by any Monarch Ryu Kokki/Curse of Vampire or Zombyra that costs less effort to put out there

The expansion of the game with Synchros also coincided with a vast improvement in actually designing new decks that didnt just fall flat like shiitfests that originally were Archfiends E-Heroes or Sanctuary in the sky. Now any deck could fit in a quality big boss monster without stabbing themselves in the face to get it out. You had so many more playable decks thanks to better design moreso than any real power creep especially since all that creep could be applied to most of the old deck types without all the mass redesigning that something like Metamorphasis required

IMO the game hit its best stride about the middle of the XYZ era. The XYZs that had a lot of utility but didnt have raw ungodly power like Synchros were the point I got seriously back into the game. Thats also when power creepy became a real problem.Not as much because of the PC itself but again because of design. They were designing decks faster and faster all the time because an OP deck sold well and every set in the later era had something that would be radically OP get banned bu the next ban list and then a new set would come out and to stay competitive you needed a new deck. This is where it actually fell apart

>MtG
>power creep

You don't know what you're talking about, kiddo.

Not that guy, but in Horakthy's case that (from my limited knowledge) would be so hard to pull off that I kind of shrug my shoulders to it,

Although this is YGO so I'll bite and ask the question.

Slifer, Obelisk & Rah all need to be normal summoned by tributing three monsters on the field. If they're special summoned they're destroyed during that turn's end phase. I also believe they're too high level to be Pendulum summoned.

So unless a combo has been made where you circumvent most of this, then you're look at 2-3 turns minimum of having a combination of Slifer, Obelisk & Rah on the field before Special Summoning Horakthy.

So is there even a semi-viable/workable Horakthy deck/combo out there?

I feel they could of emulated the spirit of that episode if Catapult Turtle's effect let you target monsters with some sort of work around like +500 attack or something

Even if there was, horakthy is still an OCG exclusive so we can't actually use it.

Ah well fuck that then

>This card is unaffected by effects of other cards and abilities your opponent controls
>This card cannot be tributed
>This card cannot be destroyed by battle
>If this card destroyed a creature, by battle, this turn: this card may attack an additional time

I'm aware that things weren't perfect. Also, Goat Control was hilarious in theory, but not in practice.

The game could have very easily been rebalanced without introducing a new mechanic that proceeded to easily dominate the standing game and then more or less re-write the rules on design in order to keep up.

I can see your comment on letting any deck have a boss monster in its arsenal, but weren't archetypes and weird themes the thing that made this game interesting? Every now and then, they still pump out something theoretically pretty cool, but there's just so much ease to playing them and power that it's nothing like how it once was; "archetype" is just a new name for "toolkit to run your Extra Deck full of whatever you need to fuck the board at any given time."

Sure enough, when we got to XYZ monsters, there was no turning back. The game's speed had been ramping, and there was no way to pull breaks on the train anymore.

I still maintain that Synchro Summoning could have been more balanced out than it was, either by requiring more specific materials for the monsters, or by weakening the power of monsters that ran on more generic materials. There's no reason for the cards that came out of it to have so easily become staples in virtually every deck, and people are still running Stardust Dragon in any deck with a Tuner.

MTG hasn't been power creeping for like half a decade

It has set rotation, which is exactly the same thing but worse.

Vennominaga since she bounces back if she is (somehow) destroyed by battle. The only way to kill this bitch is to either set Zombie world (hahahahaha) or Kaiju

"I'll wait"
>gets reply 14 hours later

I never browse ygo threads on Veeky Forums because they are baitfests but i happen to take the damn bait for once. Thanks for being patient though

Yeah. It manages its power creep by not making every single card legal. Its almost like Detroit's baseball team doesn't have to have every single teammate capable of defeating Babe Ruth, Mark McGwire, AND Barry Bonds because a richer team out there are dicks.

Its a pendulum Monster and Scale 0 and 13 now exist as well so, you can auto revive it once per turn.

>cannot be special summomed, except by fusion summon
Re(ad) t(he) (c)ard.

>Pokemon TCG
My favorite game with the best deck.

You missed like 80 cards there brah

I remember the most basic bitch combo being
>Slifer and Obelisk in graveyard
>Ra's Disciple, Horakthy, Double Summon, Soul Charge in hand
>summon Ra's Disciple, effect special summons 2 more
>play Double Summon
>tribute all three for Ra
>Pay 2000, Soul Charge Slifer and Obelisk
>Tribute all three, get out Horakthy
Not sure how quickly you can turn 1 that without double Foolish Burial, though most people just go for "Hardened Armed Obelisk" anyway, with maybe a pinch of Tyrant Neptune if they're a cheeky fucker.
Yliaster did nothing wrong.