GW is starting to advance the 40k plot

>GW is starting to advance the 40k plot
>Guilliman coming back
>Fall of Cadia

Yup, real interesting. Wake me up when someone finally publishes what happened to the Lamenters.

They all died, now they're with their cinnamon bun primarch.

what does robo-guillaman look like?

They stop lamenting and finally gets off their lazy asses.

Like Ferrus, but better.

They all perished in a heroic but ultimately failed attempt to save a puppy from an army of orks.
Despite the rediculous waste of resources and the millions of human lives lost in other, far more defensible locations that the Lamenters could have easly reached, their fans still heralded them as the biggest heroes in the setting.

>my super obscure chapter is getting no love
>GW is pushing their poster boy
>any story advancement in a setting that has not changed in over a decade is bad even if it means chaos getting a win

So your butt becuase smerffs are unsurprisingly in the lime light?

Behold autism speaks

Lamenters are somehow worse than ultramarinefags

What the fuck is with Veeky Forums liking the guys who get shit on the most? There are a lot of death Moros fags around here too.

>Implying more Chaoswank paired with setting advancement is a good thing

>story has not progressed in over a decade

>I want story progression.
>but only if it's how I want it.

So do you bitch about how terminators with a 2+ are over powered before the game? Or after you charge your HQ solo into them and expect to win? Because you sound like tha/tg/uy right now.

>this stupid argument again

Space marines are basically never about efficiency anyway

Tell me

Is 40k either

Imperialwank

OR

Chaoswank

Warhammer 40k lore threads on Veeky Forums are such shit now

We already know what happened to them.

They got out from under Hivefleet Kraken with the help of the Red Hunters. They're still alive.

This is on the timeline of Imperial Armour vol 2 2nd edition.

It's a never ending cycle of both, alternating between who GW feels like jacking off harder at the time. I just wanted a rad metal faction game about assholes fighting other assholes over stupid shit like a more sci-fi version of medieval European conflicts, not this stupid "Imperium Grimdark Anti-Heroes fight against the Ebil, super-duper, 'Just as planned' Chaos, while the rest of the Galaxy is relegated cheerleader duty" bullshit.

>Girllyman coming back

Explain yourself.

so, what is going to happen to cadia? Will they just be squatted off the game?

I don't think they will Cadia is to iconic, most likely th Cadia gate will fall, and they will suffer massive losses but turn into a sort of DKoK kinda deal.

>squatted

Refer to the complete removal of a faction from the model line. Fluff no longer references the faction in question. It's as if they never existed.

So no. Imperial Guard will not be squatted. Cadians will not be squatted. The models will still be on sale and the planet will almost certainly continue to feature on planetary maps.

They can be. Lamenters are just the "best" example of retarded waste of extremely precious soldiers.

>assholes fighting over stupid shit
What the fuck do you think is happening in the story? Various races fighting over stupid shit.

Oh fucking sorry if IoM vs Chaos is what's driving the story becuase it fucking sells, becuase super humans fighting demons and chaos marines is a fuck ton more exciting then eldrad swareing vengeance becuase someone crashed his tea party.

Like how tucking autistic are you? The game has always been and still is fighting over stupid bullshit.

Idk man black Templars are pretty fucking dumb some times

>You're only for setting progression if you like it's direction!

Well...yes, you're right. I only like changes when they are good and contribute something cool, and I dislike setting progression that's shit. I thought that would be kind of a given, or am I not allowed to have an opinion that doesn't coincide with GW vision. Yes, I dislike setting progression that only serves to push up Chaos's super-kewl, universe ender status and hype-up it's rivalry with the Imperium at the cost of trivializing every other faction.

You know what would have been good setting progression? Something like if the Eldar, seeing the threat their Old enemies, the Necrons, could pose if they were to fully awaken, start launching "The War in Heaven 2: Electric Boogaloo", prompting the Necrons to stop hitting the snooze button to avoid extermination. And something like seeing how the Tau struggle to deal with both the incoming fleets of Tyranids and Ghazghkull Mag'Uruk Thraka's Horde as a threesay battle royale ensues, with the stay just trying to keep their heads above the water. Things like that, that suggest that the setting has things going on that go beyond a few named characters with super high Powerlevels. Things that show that, even though a day might be the moment of truth for these to guys, for everyone else it's just Tuesday.

I don't hate Chaos because they have higher powerlevels than Space Marines. To be honest, I actually liked the initial concept of a bunch of asshole rebels and nutjobs who said "Fuck you, we'll have our own cool club with hookers and cocaine, and we're gonna show you what for someday" to the Imperium, who are occasionally helped/hindered by the Immensely powerful, extra-dimensional, ADHD children that were the Chaos Gods. To me, that was really a cool and neat way of doing Elder Gods that was Metal as fuck to boot. What I dislike is how Chaos in it's eternal quest to be most important, has replaced what made it cool with Edge and Evil.

>these things won't happens it will be all IoM and Chaos

I'm going to go with "setting the stage for 1000"

Because I guess we are just gonna glass over the fact that there has been build up between multiple races of shit about to hit the fan for all factions.

Yes fucking IoM is going to be the center, why? Because it sells and more people care about them then the space elves. You are acting like a autistic that guy because your secondary character is not the center of attention, just becuase they are not the main focal of the story does not mean they get no development.

Eldar already have the stage set for shaggorath to pull his gotcha and trick slaneesh which is a pretty big fucking deal, and don't give me oh in death masque it got ruined and eldrad fucked up the ritual, because we all know that pointy eared fuck always dramatizes everything and it's happened before.

Chaos are getting some bitching development especially 1000 sons which have an amazing story if you read it and it's actually set up right now where they are about to wreck shop.

>necrons
Oh wow the ham fisted undead terminators are not getting attention. Maybe if you know they actually had character to them besides exibiting one emotion all the time they would be worth half a damn and people would give a shit about them.

While having your entire first company die in a bunker to prove some point was a stroke of genius right?

Woah woah no one ever said the space marines are smart, think of it like the special olypics, they are all retarded it's just, who's the winner of the retards

Xenowank dominates. New Tau lore is some of the worst wank stuff ever.

Checked
Also to be fair tau was the laziest introduction to a new race ever

"Daaahhhh dah warp storm his them and super advanced technology."

They just made them for the anime mech shit crowd that's all.

>Guilliman coming back
Are you the same fucking faggot that spamed female space marines few months ago?

He has no head and his legion is worst legion?

Trazyn relesase Inquisitor Greyfax and several imperial regiments of his colection that had been captured in tesseract thousands of years
ago, but help the empire is not the reason why it is in cadia, before seeing how Cadia falls and how the imperial forces retire from Cadia, Trazyn disappears, apparently with the way of taking something hidden on Mars in another part of Gathering Storm books.

You mean the First Company that stayed behind to distract the enemy and buy them some time while the rest of the Ultramarines fled and came back with a fuckhuge fleet to blast Behemoth out of the galaxy?

>so, what is going to happen to cadia?

It's confirmed that Cadia Falls to Chaos.

>Will they just be squatted off the game?

No. 9/10 Cadians don't even stay on Cadia.

>Various races fighting over stupid shit
Is a big overstatement.

More like 'various races lose a lot and fall flat on their faces' whilst the Imperium and Chaos do everything.

Tell me when the Tau have the largest Empire the galaxy has ever seen, the most advanced tech ever, the strongest dude ever and dudes who can defeat Waaagh's on their own and have wiped out dozens of Xenos empires.

Then I might believe you.

Dude you can't even its Ynnead, where did you even come ip with Shaggorath?

Besides Artemis killed it already in Death Masque. Craftworld Eldar are the biggest losers of the game, no way they'll do anything more than some token contribution to let the Marines do something which actually matters.

And none of the other factions matter cept the Nids. Necron just help the Imperium, Orks just lose every war they ever fight and Tau are less important than every other random Empire the Imperium kills on a tuesday.

>"Imperium Grimdark Anti-Heroes fight against the Ebil, super-duper, 'Just as planned' Chaos, while the rest of the Galaxy is relegated cheerleader duty"
When has the setting ever not focused on the conflict between the imperium and chaos? You need to go back to rogue trader days I'd think, the imperium has always been the focus of the game and chaos has always been tied up with the imperium so it's get taken along for the ride, what else were you expecting from 40k?

And the xenos races are cheerleaders because they're either slowly dying off (eldar), are so completely incomprehensibly inhuman that we can't relate to them (tyranids) or are so weak that they aren't really a major faction in the setting even though they get treated like one (tau).

Do you ever get the feeling that 40k just isn't the game for you?

>imperial fags still butthurt at TWO crusades getting smacked the fuck up by tau

Because no one is allowed to beat the imperium ever because if they do its only that factions fan service.

>That faillure actually managing to do something
>No epic battle with a duel of mind between Failbadon and Creed
>Creed not using himself as a lure to trap the armless failure.

Fuck off memer. Cadia is gone and Creed doesn't even receive any mention in the fluff. He was never important in the fluff. He was an above average commander that got promoted to castellan when EVERY commander in Cadia was killed by an ambush by traitor guard.

Not creeds fault those shit ambushed commanders dont hide a baneblade up their ass for just such an occasion.

>I don't like a character
>He his irrelevant and nothing but a meme

Well I agree with the broad sentiments here. Xenos are all a bunch of irrelevant weaklings.

What matters is the Imperium and Chaos (for being beat up by the Imperium).

He is irrelevant though. Even more so considering that his charge is lost.

Guys I think we can all accept that if the word 'Marine' and 'Chaos God' isn't in your name somewhere then your character is irrelevant.

Unless its the Emperor.