/epg/ - Eclipse Phase General

Bug Hunt Edition

>>OFFICIAL BOOKS
robboyle.wordpress.com/eclipse-phase-pdfs
>>Transhumanity's FATE (FATE Conversion)
mediafire.com/download/ae113ujgd3hggpl/Transhumanitys_FATE.pdf
>>X-Risks and After The Fall
mega.nz/#F!KwcS0bJK!9KLjZegzebaq-mlPUin45Q

PLAY AIDS:
>>the10 things you should know about Eclipse Phase
docs.google.com/document/d/1Qnrh0w7H0Jl2_CSsySRxcs4ugw27xsBIk5MYwXq2nDQ/edit
>>Advice for new players and GMs
pastebin.com/e0EErN6X
>>Eclipse Phase hacking cheet sheet
eclipsephase.com/downloads/voidstate_eclipse_phase_hacking_cheatsheet_v1-1.pdf
>>Online character creator
eclipsephase.next-loop.com/Creator/version4/index.php
/view/?axe1vs35muk4juh
>>Eclipse Phase xls Character sheet
sites.google.com/site/eclipsephases/home/cabinet
>>Downloadable Character Creator
mediafire.com/file/5wr4yo6bdymuijr/Agency.exe
>>Singularity: The Official Character Creator
mediafire.com/file/fsmkm846acu6kcy/singularity.zip

COMMUNITY CONTENT:
>>the 3 new adventures for your use in convenient PDF form
awdaberton.wordpress.com/about/
>>Ander's Sandberg's Eclipse Phase fanmade content, including several modules
aleph.se/EclipsePhase/
>>Farcast: An Eclipse Phase yearblog full of items, locations, NPCs, and plot hooks
mediafire.com/download/dhqd1m83xc1wmpj/Farcast_Yearblog_2013.pdf
>>The Ultimate's Guide to Combat
eclipsephase.com/sites/default/files/UltimatesGuideToCombat11a.pdf
>>Seedware: Another Yearblog
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/36317552/Seedware Blog.pdf

/EPG/ HOMEBREW CONTENT
docs.google.com/document/d/19Gy02gp6-WPQ3SoN_24kLPTUu5EjFO8qh_9pjJSVrrY/edit

Previous Thread:

habi/tg/at is spare today i see

It happens

eerie tho
we board horror now?

I remember reading a bunch of these books and really digging aspects of the lore.

What are your favorite details/settings in Eclipse Phase?

Okay, I tell me why my character should not make thousands of alpha forks of herself every chance she gets to ensure at least some copy survives?

I'm pretty sure some polities count mass forking of yourself as a terrorist attack. Great way to get your brainprint on a watchlist.

Details is hard to track, because there are so many, but settings - I just love anything that basically becomes the EP equivalent to a dungeon.

I love, like, space setting stuff and exploring all the weirdness of the greater universe so I love exotic exoplanets, abandoned habitats, working on places like the surface of the moon or the inside of an asteroid, I love the TQZ or Iapetus, etc. To me, an ideal EP game is like 40% Space/Future Setpieces, 40% Cyperpunk Technothriller and then 20% Space Cthulhus.

thought it would be fun to repost the homebrew smut blurbs. Which most deserves to be made a full story?

Because it will result in thousands of divergent forks that'll ruin your day. Aside from the legal issues in the inner system (You are responsible for everything your forks do), you can be sure that at least one of them might turn around and would like to be "the original".

which legged morph could punt a rover morph the furthest?

Daitya with Pneumatic.

under optimal conditions how much should it damage both morphs?

Whatever the average DV is of 2d10 + the Daitya's DB. And it really shouldn't hurt the Daitya much at all, optimally, the push back would be distributed much better than on the poor rover getting a giant sentient power-loader foot in its side.

If you're going to post that, use the version with the typos fixed

Welcome to the Future has already been written

Jovian Men In Prison has been adapted into the two parter Jovian Women in Prison

The rest is up to you

Who wins in an intergate slapfight between the Rortians and the Ultimates?

So someone a few threads back (can't remember which one) were talking about breeding rights can only be purchased by those who are upper class and wealthy, but that's never a given in the setting. If anything, the only things that were mentioned to need "breeding rights" are uplifts and certain specialized morphs like hibernoids.

The way I see it, people that are in splicers that they personally own (or were born in) don't require purchasing breeding rights. I guess if you want to play up the "corrupt corporation" angle you can say that's the case and also say the majority of splicers in the inner system require GSPs or something but I kinda feel like that's too bleak even for this setting. And I can't imagine even the Consortium's army of social engineers trying to justify requiring basically everyone to independently purchase the right to reproduce.

Plus that gives ammunition for mercurials, pointing out that basic splicers get free breeding rights but basic uplift morphs do not.

Exhuman or posthuman?

There's a solid point for the Consortium about the breeding rights. The don't need to discuss it. Because the mayority of the pop living the inner system are corporate employees, and their social rights and the discourse about it were dwarfed two centuries ago.

Forkbombing ensures that people will try to put you in cold storage forever, or worse, forcing every surviving fork to live a shitty life in hiding. There are smarter, more moderate ways to ensure fork survival, especially within Firewall.

Something always bothered me about Daityas

In low gravity, you can potentially lift many times your weight, but only if you can balance the combined center of mass over your feet/other locomotor system. Otherwise you just end up flagpoling. The obvious solution is a counterweight mechanism like cranes use, but no evidence of such a thing appears in any art.

>e) rebreather unit

On the elbow?

Who is on the offensive? Are we using the state of Rortie forces in Gate War? Are the ultimates going full analog? Are the ultimates staying sleeved in near-human meatsacks?

Some locations might require non-IP-based reproduction permits to control population. I also wouldn't assume that most non-vanilla biomorphs are capable of reproduction.

The ultimates. I'm not actually familiar. Only the ones that already do, though that's subject to change. Of course, though maybe they go back to the slightly more out there stuff they had pre-fall.

Exhumans are posthumans that shop at hot topic for morphs

You usually don't have to buy breeding rights if you're in a body that doesn't have its genome patented. That would be the case in your original body (spliced or not), a clone of your body, or in an open source morph. This is not the case for uplifts, since their entire lines are considered property.

While the arrow's there to help, putting "TOWARD ENEMY" on the rear of the gun...

I think it's so people don't mistake whatever those ports are on the back for the barrel or anything else.

>TOWARD EMENY

There is also the cost of supporting an entirely unproductive morph for 18 years or more to consider. You'd either need to be earning sufficient surplus to cover those costs from your income or be prepared to take on a considerable debt.

Maybe those are small exhausts to compensate recoil. Not every setting has magic space guns without recoil. Might also explain why he's holding it over the shoulder like that.

But what are "advenced missiles"?

English does not seem to be the artists first language. ADVENCED. EMENY.

Use them to kill ADVENCED EMENYS

I wish EP had this aesthetic and less of the "everything is nanomachines or an iPhone" deal it has going on.

To each their own. I like my sci-fi sleek and nanomachines.

There's also a certain practicality you have to accept in sci-fi post the consumer electronics/wi-fi revolution too. Physical volume is at a premium in space - why would you own a shelf full of books when you can contain an astonishing more amount of data in a single device that fits in your pocket?

As neat as a "used future" aesthetic is from say, something like Alien, you also have to just think about the fact that its not the future of the 1970s and 80s anymore. Shit would be miniaturized, portable, easy to replace.

Some concepts stick, at least.

Why not both? Surely there's examples of each of them throughout the solar system. Some, if not many habitats would go for the gritty industrial sort of stuff because they're either unable to afford anything better or don't want to rely on nanotech or fabricators to construct everything. I'm sure EP's writers would probably say that those that prefer relying on cheaper or more older methods of constructing or maintain habitats are backwards biocon barbarians and their habitats dystopian hellholes if they don't embrace all of transhumanity's most cutting-edge technological advancements, but when has anyone actually adhered to the canon 100%?

But user, I want my hacker to be furiously typing away at some physical interface just because it looks cool, not stare blankly into space for 30 seconds and then declare "ok hacked into their tacnet". Are you telling me all my years of experience of hacking the mainframe in Cyberpunk 2020 is useless here?

>Are you telling me all my years of experience of hacking the mainframe in Cyberpunk 2020 is useless here?
>Cyberpunk 2020
>2020

Ski Mask is a good idea for a hacker though, hide from facial recognition piped through visual sensor spimes on the public mesh.

Please let the thread die if all you have to post are the same images over and over again.

In the year 10 AF, keeping someone alive when they want to die is a form of torture.

Nah, that one other namefag who made and bumped threads seems to have found something else to do - so since you're not gonna make or bump another thread I'll do what's convenient for me. Posting images even sparked a little discussion just now!

If you've got a theme or direction though, my EP folder is pretty big - I can find some uncommon images to cycle through.

dinosaur morphs
more guns the better

I googled "dinosaur with guns" just for you, user.

Synthmorphs and power armour

dinosaur synthmorphs in power armor with guns

I mean I'm rather enjoying the EP inspired art, even if others are getting triggered by the existence of keyboards and books in the pictures.

Christ can you imagine how boring and sterile the future would be if everything was actually as the book described it?

>everything is palm-sized, made of smooth cream-coloured plastic, lacks corners or sharp edges, and more than likely doesn't even have buttons since you can operate most things mentally

Yes lets not give things buttons because...reasons.

Watch this movie. It explains why.

>Yes lets not give things buttons because...reasons.
There are very good reasons not to do so. The obvious one being that if mesh control is reliable enough, then hardware access becomes a liability. You can't encrypt a button access, so while you are using the interface it is vulnerable to secondary access, and accessing someone's unlocked phone with your hands is far easier than accessing someone's device through encrypted mental access.

It makes sense to have them today, because we have had them throughout OUR lifetimes. But context, man. This setting isn't about modern day humans, it's about what comes next.

When is Mesh control EVER reliable? Shouldn't the mindset be "there is no network that is safe, only safer", especially after the Fall?

>When is Mesh control EVER reliable?
It's more reliable than manual controls. The latter can be hacked with far greater ease.

There's a false assumption in modern society that wireless data is the most insecure thing, but it's not. The most insecure thing is direct physical access to the device.

Yeah, I mean, mesh radio distance isn't really that far for most small devices and in case of a hack there's conventional methods to dump intruders (actual day-to-day instances of TITANs and Wizard-class hackers should be low). But your space phone is in your back space pocket, which is fairly easy to reach and quickly futz around with if it had a physical interface.

Also, I wish we didn't have straight corners now. A straight-edge corner has never done anything for me other than be something to bump into

Why hello there Hesperus.

GOOD NEWS EVERYONE!

Argonauts is finally written. Apparently it went through a couple writers. They already have the art assets, so hopefully it will be released soon.

Gecko pads on the feet?

Won't work on regolith or soil, and I would be concerned about the amount of torque being applied through the relatively small feet. Plus daityas don't have gecko pads by default

>This huge, vaguely anthropomorphic synthmorph is designed for large construction projects and similar heavy industrial uses, such as moving large objects. At just under three-meters tall and with a mass of almost one ton, the daitya is essentially an industrial mech. Modified versions have occasionally been deployed for combat purposes.
>Nova Vida: You know what this shell is great for? Gatecrashing ops, as long as subtlety isn’t required.
>Rivet: There are a lot of daitya variants out there, covering all your mech needs. Not all of them are anthropomorphic, either.
>Sava: You know what you won’t find on an average O’Neill cylinder or mining colony? A tank. But you will find a daitya, and for certain ops, this can be the next best thing—and they’re much easier to explain away. Great if you have a day or two to fab up some weapons and armor up the frame.

Fucking furries.

that's actually a genius character concept: A criminal that has been alpha forking for ages on different locations to have them develop as many different skills while mastering the technological and psychological skills himself to merge these forks back in, regardless of whether they want to be merged or not.

I'm preparing laughing scientist reaction images for when we get a hold of this.

?

not enough dinomorphs is why
here I'll help

yesss
rub the dinomorph all over my ego

>"I said you could ride me, I didn't say you could grope me"