All you cryptokidies should realize that owning a subscription based SAAS is way more profitable than internet monopoly...

All you cryptokidies should realize that owning a subscription based SAAS is way more profitable than internet monopoly money.

First 2 years are a lot of work and little pay, however the amount of work required will decrease and the income will exponentially grow.

What does your SAAS business do? My dream is starting a business like this. Any advice on breaking in?

Brb lemme just quit my full-time lucrative job for 2 full years to build a shitty piece of software that pays a fraction of my earnings instead of investing the money I'm already making into an asset class that has the greatest returns in the history of the economy.

I'm not willing to go into too much details, but it has to do with document management for businesses.

Try to have some money to live from and just start it, you will be ramen-profitable before you know it. It's really a lot easier than i expected

Oh yeah haha why don't I just start my own online company

Brb let me have an early retirement and financial independence while you wage slave till in your 60's

Well, why don't you?

>Brag and then doesn't offer details

Honestly kill yourself. You're the problem.

So much bragging indeed. Just trying to spread some perspective

I don't have any good ideas. It sucks because I'm pretty good with JavaScript/HTML/CSS

Shit as a service

Actually, it's better to look for a problem, than to look for idea's

I don't really have any problems and can't imagine what other people struggle with

>can code saas, but can't understand the basic grammar of commas and possessive versus plural apostrophes

poo goes in the loo, pajeet. makes me wonder about your customers

Just ask around your friends and family what is something they spend a lot of time on in a workweek. Iam almost willing guarantee you that you'll find something which can be done by software, and is scalable

Hurr Durr grammur natsie at 4chin

My point is anyone can code a saas product. You can learn django in a week or less even without any coding experience

I agree with that guy. Either provide some value or fuck off and go powerlarp somewhere else, this is not your blog

Ok. What is something you spend a lot of time on in a workweek?

I would instantly subscribe to a platform which makes the hours spend by freelance employees more insightful , and also deals with that paperwork.
You have growth potential in a platform like this by becoming a recruiter platform

What are you talking about? Veeky Forums is my blog

Hey that's not a bad idea, thank you

Spend some time thinking about this already, here some ideas;
-make a native daemon which uses notify on a folder to keep track of when something changes in a folder. python-watchdog is multi platform.
-integrate with git logs

This way timekeeping is done automatically, but can be changed by the person who did the job te reflect hisactual work

How do you market and what kind of budget do you use for it?

Also, what if youre not a very good programmer, do you think I could just hire pajeets to do the shit for me?

Your initial product doesn't need to be amazing. It needs to solve a problem, and you need to find one or 2 companies who are willing to try it out in return for you putther their name on your website as a customer.

Most of our marketing is based on comparison and review websites. We spend very little on actual ads since they don't really seem to work for us. Also one of us is a sales guy, so he actually cold calls companies to sell our product, which is still suprisingly effective for B2B software

Can you explain a little further? For reviews/comparison, do you pay sites to compare your service to other similar services and hype it up?

And where do you find businesses to cold call? Through Chamber of Commerce I'm assuming?

No, but there's a lot of websites like g2crowd etc. You don't pay them, but you do need to actively contact them and ask for a listing. Then you ask your users to leave a review. There's no hyping, just make sure your users are happy and the word will spread.

Linkedin is the best source for companies to contact for a sales pitch.