So I just finished reading the PDF for F.A.T.A.L

So I just finished reading the PDF for F.A.T.A.L.

I'm genuinely wondering now. Why does it get so much hate from SJWs and fags? Honestly, it seems like a really in-depth and immersive team-play. Just saying. Don't crucify me.

I'm just genuinely curious.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Poe's_law
rpg.net/reviews/archive/14/14567.phtml
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Be careful OP, the last troll that tried this bullshit got permabanned.

Here's the (You) you wanted

Just saying. Nobody really challenges this shit. Sure it has flaws, but nothing honestly game-breaking like some others I am loathe to name. F.A.T.A.L. seems decent. Why do some think it isn't?

The fact that you pretty much have to use a computer program to make a character with any sort of speed seems a bit game breaking...

The book is a mess.
First, what he was trying to do with this game is to make a game that is scientifically realistic
At the same time he tried to make a game that is historically realistic (no problem yet)
And at the same time he tried to do some game that was mythic realistic ( no problem yet ).
Here the probems start.
One of his ideas was to make a game where everyone had the same chance. With that idea in mind he made a bunch of randomization tables that are unrealistic, but would make players have the same chance of being things. You have random table for hair colour when you are an adult (an unrealistic thing) because of that, you also have random jobs for adults because of that.
Another idea he had for his rpg is to make the game a "hard fun" experience. This also will contradict with the idea of making a realistic game, because some parts of reality are hard but others not.

Anyway, the game fail at being scientificaly realistic, historical one.... But not only because of mixed ideas of how a game should be, sometimes he use data that is really wrong

PC chars are created by rolling stuff at random, almost every stuff is rolled at random. But sex and race can be select by players if the dm allow.
Some of the stuff rolled are hands size, vagina size, face stuff, all skills.....
Remember the part i said that at the same time the game tries to be realistic and make each player have the same chance? This influencied the char creation process. Because of that, you have unrealistic stuff at char creation process, like, hair colour for adults, hair size for adults, random job for adults, random sexuality, random faith, random slutiness, random "how much you hate another race at average"...

Fatal system has ALOT of races abilities, that must be rolled at random. They are rollled at random and then modified according to your age, most of then cant be increased (you will auto increase after you get x years old). You have stuff like math, facial beauty, how good you are at saying words, hand coordenation,......
all stuff are rolled according to a formula that according to him follow QI distribution. ((10D100)/5)-1
Also they must be rolled in order, from least abstract stuff like science to more abstract stuff like inteligence. Game allow you to reroll the abilities 2 times as max, but every time you reroll it must select a mental problem at random, also if you get a smaller number while rerolling you are fucked.

The game tries to be mythically realistic so the magic system is based on mythcs, this magical system is called cerimonial magic, every spell is a "real" one people believed to be true (he has the list of books he got the spell info from).
if I remember right, the spells have verbal component, ingredient component or ritual component or a combination of those.

Can anyone help me convert this to FATAL? I want there to be a way to make sure OP can live out his dream of sucking on hair dog cock.

one example of randomization problem
is that you have a table to roll how old you are, this is based on how likely it is to be at some age, if you are from some race (and its not arbritary)
you also have a table that show how likely you are to have brothers and also a table that show how likely you are to be the first, second,... child, this is also not arbritary.

Those 2 tables are realistic by itself but not realistic when combined.
So you can roll a char that have 0 years old, then roll that you have brothers and then roll that some of them are younger than you.

As I said you have jobs, that must be rolled at random. Another randomization problem is that you select your abilities and job at random, so you can have a job you dont have abilities to do (jobs have prehequisites), what the hell you do on that situations? So the skills randomization isnt skewed based on jobs you have (or jobs skewed based on skills you have).
Back to realism:
Another problem is his definition of realism. Fatal has a mentality system (and also morality one). The mentality system is a unrealistic one that was considered realistic at the same. He use it and call it realistic because it was considered realistic at the time. This is like making the earth flat (a thing he didnt done) and calling it realistic because they believed on that at the era.

fatal damage system works like this:
Each char has HP, this hp is distributed by body parts. You distribute total HP * 3 between your body parts.
If you lose total HP (not total HP * 3) you die, so losing 100/3% of the body is enought to die.
There are specific parts that you will auto die when you lose.
There are also blood loss that I forgot how it works.

If you prioritized speed for TTRPGs, you should just play a video game.

I'll bite. If just because people deserve to know why, if they don't already know.

Because it tries to justify everything under "historical accuracy" while not being so, because every third randomly generated effect involves sex; the armor of Jewy Jewbacca, the limited sourcing for its accuracy (for example the whores are all based on 100 years in the south of france), the fact that mathematics only goes up to geometry, the fact that half of all men have committed gang rape (no, not just rape, specifically gang rape), and that's not even going into the real rule problems. (Because that's not "SJW and fags" territory)

And really, because the entire game reads like a parody while being absolutely genuine.
I mean, if you saw FATAL on tv, you'd criticise it for being a shallow cliche of fantasy gamers, obsessed with rolling dice for everything, having stats for everything, and being about rape and violence.

And yet it's real.

Okay, guys it's session 5 and we're still making characters...Okay, where were we, oh yeah, head circumference.

Because the norm for the internet is to hate everything and call it shit.

That said, fatal is overly complicated and slow for very small returns, but if you want to use the character creation process for certain other games, it has it's use.

>
Another problem is his definition of realism. Fatal has a mentality system (and also morality one). The mentality system is a unrealistic one that was considered realistic at the same. He use it and call it realistic because it was considered realistic at the time.

As far as historical accuracy goes, this seems fine to me.

Wait, wait, you mean he found a "historical" reference to a spell that makes a man's semen into acid, blood, or poison?

Damn, son! that's pretty cool! That from fatal?

Making a character at the game a fatal, is almost 100% like trying to make a vehicle at gurps vehicles.

And I am not just saying "urr durr, both games are super complex things", try to make a fatal rpg character and then try to make a gurps vehicle with gurps vehicle and you will see what I am talking about

You know the coolest thing about the Poison Jizz spell? It is only deadly poison (requiring a health check to save vs instant death) to females. Males only take the IP or LP damage.

So it's bad just because it's tedious?

>Wait, wait, you mean he found a "historical" reference to a spell that makes a man's semen into acid, blood, or poison?
If the spell is from ceremonial list YES, every spell is from a real mythic book.

Then he decided he wanted to have his own spells at the game and created chaos magic.
Ceremonial magic spells have specific ingredients and rituals, chaos magic have random rituals, ingredients and verbal components, this because each person WILL cast it in a different way.

His idea was, that we don't see those spells at real life books because its impossible to teach them to others and so that's the reason no one cared about writing it at books.

Chaos magic has his own job that can't cast ceremonial magic (ceremonial magic job can't also cast chaos magic), there is also the chaos magic and the ceremonial magic version of cleric job.

Also spells (even ceremonial) have problems with steel. This is not mythically realistic, and he says he included this unrealistic thing to balance the game.

>So it's bad just because it's tedious?
When I saw people complaining about fatal, this was the first thing that came into my mind.
"This is problably a ultra awesome rpg that and people can't just handle it."

But now, the game is not just tedious, its shit, the guy don't know what he wants, the game is broken, its literally unplayable because you will get an job you aren't qualified to be....

>it has flaws, but nothing honestly game-breaking
Guess how we can tell you didn't actually read the book

I would create an decent fatal character generator if it didnt had those fucking tables.
The point would be just to allow people to quicky create chars and make easier to people see how the game actually would run.

And also there is no reason to not using an character generator unless you think the entire point of a an rpg is not needing energy or technology.

>, but nothing honestly game-breaking
If you have a dick huge enought, you can kill people with your dick.
When wrestling you roll location at random, and one of the locations is rape.

Some guy at an session tried to wrestle with someone and actually raped the enemy to death, all his friends after seeing that, dropped their weapons and started to wrestle as it was more effective, as they all were races with big dicks..

So low effort man
try harder

>its literally unplayable because you will get an job you aren't qualified to be....

An actual grievance. Unlike the rest of this bullshit.

Yes, and that's the finest example of realism in this game.

>accidentally raping someone to death while grappling
>realistic
Cool, so you're baiting.

More, jobs require you to do stuff to get XP, to get levels at this job. Some jobs require so much effort to, that is almsot impossible to reach some level.

Level 1 require 1000 XP
Level 2 require 2000 XP
Level 3 require 4000 XP
Level 4 require 8000 XP
You get the deal.
This goes up to level 20.

An barber get 10 XP to each time he shave someone.
As some example, level 10 needs 512000 xp, so you need to shave 51200 times

>Can't detect sarcasm.

>>accidentally raping someone to death while grappling
Actually its not like you rape someone to death, you just rape him, its just that your dick can be so huge if you are from some races, that your dick will kill the person being raped.

Jesus fuck, is English your fifth language?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Poe's_law

>Jesus fuck, is English your fifth language?
Veeky Forums killed my english skills.
When I came here, I had good english skills, then I started to post without proofreading my posts, thinking, "who cares if I make some mistake, I am user here".
Now it became an habit

>Now it became an habit

>As far as historical accuracy goes, this seems fine to me.

FATAL claims, unironically as far as I can tell, that more than half of all men have participated in gang rape throughout most of history.

It's as retarded as everything else in the system.

Okay, so you have no problem with rolling (4d100/2)-1 for each ability?
You have no problem with the armor of Jewy Jewbaca?
You have no problem with half of all male PCs being rapist?
You have no problem with rolling for nipple length?
You have no problem with no mention of the Great Pox or any other venereal disease, despite the apparent historicity of the game, or the focus on sex the game has?
You have no problem with the stronger a man is, the more likely he is to be straight, but the stronger a woman is, the more likely she is to be a lesbian? (Unless she has DDs)
You have no problem that the roll to determine how many offspring a woman has uses a 1d10,000,000?
You have no problem with the weapons of Ravishing?

Well, you can accidentally rape someone to death in FATAL, so in universe it may be true.

Maybe people in this universe have a prehensile dick that they can't control?

Thanks to bad math and no playtesting, it's not only possible, but arguably advantageous to roll up a character with a negative anal circumference. Which is to say less than or equal to no ass whatsoever, thus granting immunity to the constant barrage of "realistic" ass rape in the setting.
I'd like to see OP try to defend this ludicrous shit.

>You have no problem with half of all male PCs being rapist?
GANG-rapists user. Half of all males are gang-rapists. I think the book says something like 90% of males have engaged in some variety of rape.

Wouldn't a negative circumference just lower your tearing threshold? That's not being immune to surprisebuttsex; it's making it more lethal.

>Another randomization problem is that you select your abilities and job at random, so you can have a job you dont have abilities to do (jobs have prehequisites), what the hell you do on that situations? So the skills randomization isnt skewed based on jobs you have (or jobs skewed based on skills you have).

What gets me is that abilities and traits that should be linked to one another aren't, and their effects are independent of one another, while some things that shouldn't be linked are.

So you can be an obese troll with many physical deformities, poor fat distribution, and disfiguring facial scars, but still inexplicably have people orgasm when they look at your face.

Or you can be an master of Trigonometry without being able to comprehend how stick two legos together.

Or you can be a superhuman that can lift thousands of pounds and run marathons, but be so frail that bumping into someone can cause a serious injury.

Your number of allergies directly correlates to how likely you are to vomit while drinking beer, and inversely with how likely you are to get a rash from poison ivy as well as how much you urinate at one time.

A person with average wisdom can't be trusted by immediate family members, and you're very likely to get caught committing a crime at least once a year unless you're wise enough that complete strangers trust you implicitly, in a world where most crimes are punished by physical maiming or death.

The average man has raped at least a dozen women before he can physically get an erection

A character with less than 60 agility is physically incapable of standing up from a laying position. At all.

There are many things wrong with the game.

You forgot that fucking a hooker is cheaper than a loaf of bread, and that you have a decent chance of maiming yourself while fighting no matter what.

Are there actually groups that play FATAL outside the developers of FATAL and just people 'avin' a giggle on the 1st of April?

>fucking a hooker is cheaper than a loaf of bread
And that noblewomen are ten times more likely to be whores than any other social class.

Whores can fuck multiple men at one time, but men can't fuck multiple whores at one time.

>pick up a prostitute
>kill her
>eat her

Still cheaper than bread.

I sincerely hope not.

The game specifically mentions that chefs will frequently substitute human flesh into recipes that normally call for pork.

So yes, presumably this is a common practice.

SJW? I honestly thought there was no need to look past the fact FATAL is mind-numbingly overcomplicated for no good reason to conclude it's shit.

Whatever sexism it reputedly has would just be piss icing on what's already a shitcake.

Its litterally unplayable though

Kobolds sincerely think that all humans are Slavs.

For the love of all that is holy, READ

rpg.net/reviews/archive/14/14567.phtml

Bad bait. I'll answer tho. It's not about SJWs, even though some edgemasters forget that having a minimum of taste isn't being a "sensible fag". It's about Checkov's Gun, pal.
If you write about a gun, you have to make it go boom eventually, or else it becomes pointless.
FATAL is a fucking armory where every gun is finely described by a person who has never researched anything about balistics and firearms, then eventually, after some hours of pointless bullshit, you leave the armory, never coming back, never talking about it anymore. That's the same as rolling for fucking head circumference. It's not "realistic", expecially counting the embarassing chances of micro/macrocephalia. It's just tedious bullshit.

>Gays are immune to poison.
I'm OK with this.

>> I think the book says something like 90% of males have engaged in some variety of rape

You'd think SJWS would love this game...

Even better, since whores are 1% of the total population, that means only 2% of all women are whores. Coincidentally, 2% of the population are Nobles.

Which means that there's an equal number of whores and nobles in all of Fatal.

Since 20% of whores are nobles, and there's a roughly 50/50 male and female split after accounting for racial pregnancy modifiers, that means that 40% of all noblewomen are hookers, with another 4% being high-end courtesans and 2% owning brothels of their own, presumably to whore out their fellow noblewomen.

It's just not fair that we don't have more dicks.

There are things that people call shit because they don't like it.

There are things that people call shit as a meme.

FATAL is actually shit.

Because it's baffling stupid on every single level.

Holy fuck I'm converting t Judaism. Oh wait no, that would require renouncing my 100-feet-long foreskin that I use as a climbing rope.

...don't tell me FATAL doesn't use exploding dice or I'd have to reroll the character again.

Yeah like, how do you miss the part where you can kill yourself in character creation from having a urethra too small to piss out of.

Guess what, FATAL has an expansion. It's even worse.

dicks don't kill people. rapists kill people.

>someone who doesn't like what I like is a SJW waaaah

fag.

Did you somehow miss the fact that you can botch spell casting and end all life in the universe?

TWELVE
PAGE
CHARACTER
SHEET

Everything is calculated and derives from 10s of pointless of other factors. Who the fuck needs to calculate their exact arm length?

The game is an unplayable mess before you even look at the retarded sexual shit.

See, this is what happens when Trump wins an election.

This.