>Jumpchain IRC Chat
client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=rizon.mibbit.org&channel=#JumpchainCYOA
kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net/?#JumpchainCYOA

>Rules
pastebin.com/Gqj3iKyn

>How to Jumpchain
drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDNjZmRG02SDFaRVk/view

>Last Thread

There are better versions of Darth Vader's cybernetics inAtRWars, right? Because I want to be a terrifying 7 foot tall syborg, but I don't want Vader's downsides.

In Star Wars*

Jesus Christ. Fucking autocorrect.

If I am not wrong Vader suit was like that because budget issues and to make Vader angrier ,so yes

Most places have better cybernetics than Star Wars. Hell, I wouldn't be surprised if DE:HR did.

The suit was deliberately designed to suck because Sidious is a dick. There are better versions, yes.

Vader's suit was designed poorly intentionally, to both piss him off and make him weaker to the Emperor if he ever decided to decapitate the throne.

In the Fate Stay night Jump does the Homoculous servant get the full 600CP to spend or 400CP?

It says that you must pay for a costing origin but the actual companion notes that the Homoculous does not have the OP magic circuits that qualify for why that origin is so expensive.

Yeah, Star Wars tech levels are all over the place (which, to be fair, is true of a lot of sci-fi settings).

His bad suit didn't really help the Emperor that much when Vader did decided to decapitate the throne.

Speaking of NGE, if one fails to stop Third Impact before they leave, how far away should they get from Earth to avoid being absorbed into GNR?

The Emperor was probably expecting more of a lightsaber and lighting duel than being wrestled down a shaft.

Remind me why Vader didn't just request for his peak age body to be cloned out for him to force posses like any good Space Overlord should?

I'm working on classifying jumps into tiers according to how dangerous their setting is. This is part of a resolution system for writing my chain. I could use some help in determing what tier a given jump is. Some settings I'm not familiar with, and there are posters who know other settings waaay better than I do. So if you could help by suggesting tier levels I have no clue about, or arguing over the ones I've mis-classified, it would be very appreciated.

Tier 0 Clean
¤ Would a baseline be correct in assuming their safety?
¤ Peaceable, Safety Expected, Up to Real-World Risk

Tier 1 Marred
¤ Are serious threats to baselines' welfare common?
¤ Rare (if any) Clarktech, Action-Movie, Reliable and Simple Magic

Tier 2 Cracked
¤ Are there many threats which no-sell baseline opposition?
¤ Higher Tech, RPG Combat Magic, DAKKA-Insoluble (adding bullets won't lead to a solution)

Tier 3 Broken
¤ Would low level RPG party NOPE the fuck out of there?
¤ Supers, Mental Hazards, Speedsters, Monthly Apocalypse Threats, Bullshit

In the PDF, I have "Low" and "High" columns - which are for the low and high end of what most normal people might plausibly encounter, and what major players have to contend with on a daily basis. Things like Galactus and Madara are outliers - I'm trying to ignore unusual threats that most characters in the setting will never have to face.

Force possess was an advanced technique that was difficult even for the likes of Sidious.

Reminder that choosing the drawback for continuity with KOTOR in the Clone Wars jump is a trap due to the Eternal Empire.

Good luck in this endeavor good sir.

>Eternal Empire.
Jumper smash puny Not!Sith Emperor!

>wrestled down a shaft

>Eternal Empire
Isn't that just a SWTOR thing?

Yeah, but my first jump is going to be Star Wars. Was wondering if I could go ahead and start with the cybernetics.

Vader's Cybernetics were shit on purpose. Palpatine needed a lapdog that wouldn't be able to bite back. Something that the Rule of Two was suppose to be about, the Master teaches the Apprentice, and the Apprentice is suppose to kill his/her Master. Makes each generation of Sith stronger. Palpatine made it heavy and outdated tech so that Vader could never overthrow him.

Incredibles in one tier with Fate, DC/Marvel, Dragonball, Sburb, and Worm?

...Yeah, me thinks you need to expand that tier a bit, because there's pretty gaping differences in danger between those.

I wouldn't go with SW cybernetics. They don't mesh well with space magic.

Evangelion-
0/1800
Pattern Blue- Well, this is different. But not as different as it could be, reminds me of SWLiHN
Rolled for 2015 AD, Tokyo-3
Free Waveform Anatomy- "Based on your self-image and ego barriers" huh? Sounds like Raksha, also very easy for me.
Discount Hybrid- Yeah no, I like the concept of a World Body, but I want a humanoid form too.
Discount Non-Euclidean- It's like another Shintai. But for...me. Hmm.
Discount AT Field Mastery
Unassailable- I am a Green Sun Prince! I will not fall to my foes!
Genre Savior- I do what the fuck I want.
Free Infinite Supply of Tang
Discount Secondary Field
Discount High Energy Reaction
Free Imports

Hark the Herald+300- Fuck them! I'll fight them all!
Apostate+300- Oooh, Warstriders, so scary.
You I, II and III+200- Oh. This might hurt a little.

Writefagging coming up, hopefully. If I fail, I'm sure you can imagine the bullshit that goes down due to Tigers....unique personality.
Also he eats enough Angels to get a free S2 Organ, the jump says it can be done.

Also I REALLY need a replacement for Eva in my roll list

Aside from what everyone's already said, yes, Star Wars does have good cybernetics. However most of the really good stuff is either custom, expensive, or both.

General Grievous was pretty impressive before he was nerfed. Bao-dur, a character in KotOR 2, made a cybernetic arm that could disable shields if I remember correctly. And Kazdon from The Force Unleashed augmented himself with spider-like cybernetics to increase his mobility.

Dragon's Age

Legend of Zelda Minish Cap

SMT should be at Low 2, High 3, as should the DeSu jumps and DDS.

Yeah, I'd just shoved everything with capes into T3 at first. "Does it have speedsters? Into the T3 it goes." Obviously you're absolutely right.
You think it's a T1/T2 kind of place, or full on T2?

Did we ever get any more Zelda jumps after the Ruki thing?

>fighting at least three angels
>pissing off Evangelions
>dealing with three clones of yourself
Oh this is going to suck. I can't wait to see how he reacts upon seeing just how scary these "warstriders" can be.

In Nomine would be 1/1. All but the strongest of angels and demons, who are too afraid of mutually assured destruction to act directly, are still afraid of humans with guns.

Aria is a slice of life show with no violence, 0/0.

Oh, right. I guess for the cybernetics arc I added something else?

(VA-11 HALL-A) #112
-Background: Digital Security (Free) -Coding is what I do.
-Race: Human (Free) -Stick to what I know.
-Time to Mix Drinks and Change Lives (900CP) -Knowing how to make a good drink is nice.
-Theatrics (700CP) -I know how to make mixing drinks a show as well.
-Script Kiddie (Free) -I'm getting into systems.
-2 Idiots, 1 Keyboard (500CP) (Discount) -I'm a hollywood hacker, baby.
-Kotatsu (Free) -TIME FOR LAZY TIMES.
-BTC Beverage Kit (400CP) -At least I'll be able to accomodate.
-Cybernetics: The Devil's Hands (200CP) -Get me some better dexterity.
-Cybernetics: Dermal Armor (0CP) -Keeping my skin soft is nice.
Dice Rolls: 22 years old
-End Coice: Next Adventure

I have no idea what this is about, only that I can make a show of mixing drinks while being an awesome drink mixer in general, I've got disturbingly smooth skin, and I'm a NEET who does cyber security for a living while having some better hands.

...gods damn, this is just going to be ten years of lazing around in an apartment while being a cyber-detective, isn't it. I'm just going to fucking pub crawl for whatever passes for fish and chips while solving cases, then go home and put on 2-3 blankets while sitting next to the kotatsu and binging anime series. Like some fucking NEET that has no business being as pretty as they are.

What is this shit.

Ways to protect cybernetics from Technopaths?

Sure, why not

Added to the Reserved list.

I just want Twilight Princess, because Mai Waifu.

Yeah. He's a 'little' bit overconfident, and is going to get smacked around a bit.
Mind you he'll do damn well against the Angels, nothing like Rage to empower you after all and they remind him of the Yozi he hates the most.
But the Evangelions? Especially the clone ones? Oh yeah, that is gonna SUCK.

Be a bigger Technopath.

>In Nomine would be 1/1. All but the strongest of angels and demons, who are too afraid of mutually assured destruction to act directly, are still afraid of humans with guns.
Huh. I would have thought the reality-warping nature of their powers would be a bigger thing.

>Aria is a slice of life show with no violence, 0/0.
Thanks, I'd thought so, but wasn't sure if there was something else going on elsewhere in that setting that wasn't mentioned in the jump.

Thanks for the corrections!

Hm... probably 1/2? The capes seen in the movie are some of the stronger ones, and they seem rare-ish in general.

Yeah Minish Cap from Gaunlet and Majoria's Mask was being worked on last I heard.

>Added to the Reserved list.
Cool havn't seen a build for it yet.

Make your technology out of biomass.

>I just want Twilight Princess, because Mai Waifu.
I'd like more Zelda in general, that's why I asked.

>Majora's Mask
The dude that was all over Ruki's ass to give up her claim, is that the one he said he was working on or was it Skyward Sword?

Thanks, when I add those to the chain that's what they'll be at.

Maybe even 0/2, since the world seems pretty much at-peace (especially after the superhero lawsuits)?

Would ARIA still be 0/0 with the scenario though? Or more like 0/1?

Custom Robo has Eye scan registration, which can lock technology so that only you can use it. Only works on a handful of items at a time though, and you can't have duplicates. (ie, you cant say 'iphone' twice)

No offense buddy, but this classification isn't great so far.

DC is pretty off. Generally the only things that threaten you significantly at low tiers are universal resets, which are generally ruled as not even counting as deaths. Same thing with Marvel, since everything superhuman is concentrated around New York.

What the hell were you thinking with Incredibles? Most normal people aren't likely to encounter anything in Tier 2, let alone three.

Yeah, as long as he doesn't wind up fighting the big boys by himself, he should be fine. ...aaaand now I'm imagining a scenario where Tiger fights Zeruel, Remiel, and Armisael at the same time. Just one would be a true threat, but all three..and if the Evangelions show up...pain. Pain will come.

Speaking of the lawsuits, why did the villains also go into hiding?

Include enough impossible angles and other weird eldritch shit that the instant a technopath accesses it their brain fries to a crisp.

Ah the Tardis strategy.

Well he has some back-up.
In the form of a fellow Infernal who creeps him the fuck out, and a Raksha who the only reason they aren't an Ishvara is because they didn't want to be who usually stays in sword-form.
Said Raksha is named "Despair", guess what he does.
It's not good back up, but it's powerful back up at least.

>Maybe even 0/2, since the world seems pretty much at-peace (especially after the superhero lawsuits)?
Hm. Yeah, that could work too.

Maybe it's not as much fun without heroes?

Maybe without heroes, they all got bored and quit?

Well, threats seem variable. You should really specify if someone wants to fuck with the plot or just live a normal life.

But personally, as the jumpmaker, if anyone wants to live out a regular life, I'd put Fire Emblem Genealogy at Low Tier 2 and Elibe at High Tier 1. Pretty sure if you brought a gun to Elibe people would shit their pants but in Genealogy the land is ruled by nobility that are descended from people who made blood pacts with godlike dragons. (What happened in Binding Blade with Elibe was an outlier)

Unless I'm reading this wrong.

Only really Minish Cap. The guy who pitched the fit and screamed all thread long that was "supposedly" working on Majora's Mask hasn't put up.

Four points isn't very good of a scale. The extremes all blend together. Endgame Gurren Laggan ends up with the same difficulty as things with orders of magnitude less firepower getting thrown around. Maybe go for ten or so.

see It would make it easier to discern how dangerous a "low 3" is vs a "high 3"

>screaming autist child pitches a fit and doesn't follow through
Shocked. I'm shocked.

It's too bad, really, because MM had the best fairies and fairies are great for waifuing and other activities.

There's a GDocs WIP for Wind Waker, but it was somewhat sparse the last time I checked it.

what have these monsters done to Hanako's beautiful face!?

Wasnt there a wip of Majora mask posted a few thread ago?

So what setting does have the best cybernetics?

In terms of being some kind of human-sized super solider. Not some amorphous cosmic horror or something.

Might be getting it mixed with WW, like I don't remember seeing a Majora's anything in the last 100 or so threads.

GitS has the most human-like, IMO

Maybe it wasn't like usual superhero things and any super villains were caught quickly, sent to jail and stayed there. As such there weren't really any villains that lasted more than their first crime. So there weren't any major villains and any who tried to become one after the superhero lawsuits were taken care of by regular police who got equipment to deal with supers;

Ill look for it and post it if I find it, not like I have anything better to do

Yeah, Incredibles was a mistake. Marvel and DC are rated so high because of the prevalence of super-villains and world-threatening attacks from aliens and demons and mad scientists and so on. there's also a lot of clarktech and mind-effecting stuff floating around.
What do you think Marvel and DC should be?

If the heroes don't go after them, the IRS will.

>You should really specify if someone wants to fuck with the plot or just live a normal life.
Yeah, it's really not a great system, but I haven't been able to come up with anything else that doesn't result in a freaking probability distribution, so...

>Fire Emblem
Thanks, I'll change that.

(have a moth)

>Endgame Gurren Laggan
Completely breaks the scale, which is why it's not in my chain.

The 3 remains the same, the Low and High refer to the type of people the threat effects. If there's a 3 in the Low column, everybody should be shitting their pants. If there's a 3 in the High column, the people who it effects can usually deal with it without too much trouble.

Gunm has some pretty incredible cybernetics for supersoldiers. Berserker augs are insanely durable and deadly, with their only real weakness being specialty nano-dissasembler weapons.

The last person to post Majora's Mask was gauntlet. Should help some.

Yeah. I got nothing. I can't seem to writefag this build. Sorry anyone who was interested.

-GUNNM
-GitS
-Deus Ex: HR
-Anarchy Reigns
-Shadowrun (the essence issue goes away post-jump)
-Alpha Centauri lets you turn any tech into cybernetics
-Metal Gear Rising has some good options

Off the top of my head for human cybernetics, those are some good places.

Skyward Sword guy was the overtly aggressive dude.

You can see it propagate across the world, it's fairly slow by interstellar standards...if it even extends out past the moon. Alpha Centauri if you are paranoid, Mars if you aren't.

Was it?

Shit I'll need to double-check what thread that shit-heap was in. If I've been angry at the wrong guy I'm going to be fairly mortified.

Marvel has some damn good cybernetics, look for a dude Who calls himself the powerbroker and give him a good amount of cash to get you fixed up the advanced idea mechanics also do decent bespoke engineering

gunnm has some sweet cybernetics and martial arts to go with them. Anarchy Reigns, Doom 2016, Eclipse Phase are all pretty good places to get some. just depends on what type of setting fits in your chain.

Here's my character sheet after 100 jumps, in case anyone wants to see exactly what a jumper of that level is capable of.

It goes in roughly order of Stats, Skills, Combat stuff, Magic, and Miscellaneous powers.

If you notice things listed as less than the sum of the perks in their section, that's because I use diminishing returns in a 100%, 67%, 34%, 1% fashion. Perks beyond the fourth contribute 0% and are listed for archival purposes only.

>Endgame Gurren Lagann breaks the scale
Um...in that case, DeSu 2 might also break the scale, given that the final boss is the God Queen of the Multiverse, and that's ignoring the potential endgame scenario.

DC and Marvel are kind of tricky due to the nature of comic shit. You aren't remotely likely to encounter tier 3s as a normal citizen, and most jumpers are likely to rule the various universal resets/destructions as not counting as death unless they really hate themselves. So I'd tentatively say tier 2ish.

Tier 1 for Incredibles, since most supers are retired and the qualifiers for 2 are generally absent.

Also, how will you deal with stuff that starts low-end but escalates? As some settings do that, and go from would be a 0 on your scale to endjump levels of danger.

Majora's Mask user is a fairly chill dude from all that I've seen. Here's the last WIP I've found. Really catches the atmosphere of the world.

Oh that's right! I remember seeing this a while ago, it was the same thread where we discussed Majora's weird backstory. Whatever happened to that user?

Definitely needs more ranks. Star Wars can be really deadly and has a lot of bullshit threats, but countless people are able to live there safely and the most dangerous stuff, at least for the time periods we have, usually only appears as an "endgame" threat.

Gravity Falls should be a 2 at most. Bill could be easily avoided and the apocalypse was contained to the town, plus everything got fixed in the end.

Mass Effect could probably be changed to 1-3. Citadel space is pretty safe and even over the course of the games most people in dangerous areas only have to deal with pirates, criminals ad mercenaries.

Rick & Morty is definitely a 3 a worst considering Rick destroyed earth once on accident.

I don't know how to feel about a moth that size.

Well, I still haven't got anything else in my brain for more star stuff, but I did make sure that all the races have at least 2 perks now. I'm got some free time the next few days so I intend to put some work into my jumps.

Anti-Nanite Technology from Generator Rex gives Anti-Technopathy tech.

If there was a series that was really bad about introducing things that could be incredibly broken in-universe if they were used halfway competently, and then never using them again after that episode, would any kinds of restrictions be necessary?

If you're wondering, I'm mulling over the possibility of a Charmed jump, and it was very much the kind of show that liked to introduce stuff that was only ever used once. Off the top of my head, I remember a knife that lets you steal magic from whoever you kill with it, and an urn with some kind of magic in it that turns people into gods, but also makes them go mad with power.

After Batman TAS will you do the Clone Wars update? Pretty please?

I'm doing Batman: The Animated Series.

No idea, but a Charmed jump would be interesting.

I'm not doing B:TAS user, that's YJ_user. And no, I'm working on other stuff right now. Sorry.

Dammit, how did I get that one mixed up?

Day drinking.

Darn, ah well.

Does it count as day drinking if you've drank all the night and through the next day?

It's 10pm where I am!

No, that's Slav Drinking.

I wouldn't mind a Hyrule Warriors jump. Linkle is too adorbs.

Don't know about that, but I have an outline for a Link's Awakening Jump sitting in my WIPs folder.

neat