We said we would sell

Really old Veeky Forums fag here.

We all said we would sell once crypto got to this point of media attention and mania.

70% of these threads are now about learning to buy cryptos or which cryptos new comers should buy.

Why am I still holding to this shit? Doesn't this clearly look like we are near the end? How do these fucking idiots keep buying our bags?

Other urls found in this thread:

bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Just buy normiecrash proof alts, like REQ or LINK

Looks like the end but it's not. Most normies want to buy it but not all proceed to actually make all the steps + it's what's trending now. My opinion is that we are just in the beginning also I'm waiting for legit mass adoption

If you're not cashing out at least SOMETHING then you deserve to lose money.
"I never buy at the bottom and I always sell too soon.” – Baron Rothschild

Here's a comment I read on HN I really agree with:

> definitely a bubble, really cant deny that anymore

You could be right.

But I don't understand everyone's certainty that cryptocurrencies are a fraud-bubble-scam-Ponzi-mania.

The growth curve fits both exponential and logistic (S-curve) functions.

Exponential growth is unsustainable, while logistic growth describes most technology adoption. Halfway through the cycle they're indistinguishable.

When there's 98% agreement this is a bubble about to burst, my instinct is that the conventional wisdom is wrong.

/quote. I think BTC has become more robust every crash, and if BTC dips below 8k, everyone in the world knows it's a steal at that price. I see a few dips, but I don't see us crashing for at least a year (I'd forecast farther, but the more distant, the less accurate). Everyone saying it's a bubble only convinces me even more that it's just going to trade sideways for a bit, with occasional runs and dips.

Personally, I think this spring we'll really start to see widespread alt adoption in industry, and this is shaping up to be even bigger than the last alt spring. Just my 2 sats though.

IMHO, the growth curve is logarithmic, and we've reached a sort of critical capacity and awareness levels that tell me it's unlikely to crash unless there's gov't intervention or widespread Mt. Gox2.0.
GET FUKT BUBBLE BLOWERS

keep accumulating. this ride begins when the first user buys his own island.

the game rules have changed

I honestly don't think Crypto itself is a bubble yet. I think we still have a ways to go on that. But some tokens and IMO Bitcoin itself is one. We'll still probably see some large correction soon enough regardless.

>But some tokens and IMO Bitcoin itself is one.

I agree that short term it's overbought (le bubble) but long term I don't even think we're close. I'm low market cap alts for now, until I feel more confident in the direction BTC is going. Too risky right now desu

because most normies actually dont own any right now. its got a spot lite but what % of the world do you think actully still has any coins??? at most 2% now? thats by no definition even passed out of the "early investor" phase yet... when you start seeing 10-20% of the population owning some which i highly doubt any time soon, we still have ALOT of time. If they dont, it means big companies will. market size is dog shit still desu compared to stocks and mystery derivatives

Past few months have definitely been crazy, and I also think we are due for a correction.

I firmly believe we are in a ERC20/ICO bubble and most the meme tokens that serve more as pseudo-stock in startups (Startups worth up to multiple billion btw) will go towards 0.

I'm still bullish on bitcoin and I think we will see 100,000$ bitcoin, even 1,000,000 in 10+ years time.

Hypothetically, if Bitcoin goes to 1,000,000$, if all addresses "hodl" from here, 550,000 bitcoin millionaires will be created. Currently we have around 26,000 millionaires. Globally there's around 15 million millionaires total.

Does it seem ridiculous, that as the boomer generation that holds most of the money are dying out, we will see ~500k new millennial millionaires over the next 10-15 years? Seems within the realm of possibility desu.

I think what we need to be worried about is the alts, and make sure we hold atleast 25-50% of our portfolio in bitcoin. My short term plan is to gain up to ~5 btc by trading alts, then just hodl for a few years.

Forgot to attach pic

>How do these fucking idiots keep buying our bags?

Algorithmic trading A.I. trading other Algorithmic trading A.I.'s

This was in an environment where crypto was more of a novelty than ground breaking tech. Also an environment where the only legitimate use case for crypto was bitcoin- it's why ETH was shilled so much- it was utilising the blockchain for other things.
Veeky Forums is a board about making money. Crypto is gearing up to become the digital infrastructure of the future, so it's the obligation of Veeky Forums to discuss how we can utilise that lucrative endeavour to our own ends.
Don't let pride stop you from making smart decisions user. Sell your BTC if you want- newfags that want to speculate into their crystal ball will tell you to HODL BTC with 100% confidence. Anybody doing that needs to shut the fuck up and lurk more.
A lot of other tokens; LINK, REQ, MOD, FUN (and plenty of others) have fantastic use cases in the real world. It's time to look towards what will, based on current information and industry necessity, outlive Bitcoin.

That or you can talk about buying/selling stocks or mineral resources like lithium.

Just realized a little bit of a flaw in my numbers, 550k 1BTC+ holders are just wallets, and doesn't count people holding on exchanges.

This guy made me so much money.

>ERC20/ICO

While I sort of agree, a lot of these projects are far from being in the top 50, and offer real use cases in industry settings. Most, however, are dogshit and you are correct to call them overbought. Personally, I think BTC is a bit overbought short term, but I'm bullish on BTC long term. I'd be (mostly) all in on BTC if I had more, but I'm racing against the clock to accumulate as many satoshis as possible, and right now (a select few) alts are way more under bought than BTC IMHO.

Completely agree with everything you said.

All you fags forget to see it my way: I got in at around $10-$100 bucks into BTC.

The prices now are clearly absurd in comparison.

For all of you to say there is even more growth in the market place is incredible, albeit, deluded.

Redpill an old fag. Why do I hold when there are so many weakhanded normies in the market place right now and media jews fucking this up?

I'm gonna check out the ones I don't know there, lot's of obscure holds. I only really know ETH, BTC, QASH and ARK out of those, so thanks for the leads!

I'm spread between LINK, REQ, RCN, QSP and XRB currently (just praying to god ChainLink fucking delivers - XRB is kinda memey and I like ByteBall more but it's where the hype is at).

Anyhow, thanks for the leads! You'll probably make it no time. I only have around $8k in the game (started with 3k a couple months back), I fell for the "emergency savings" and meme and have watched BTC and ETH balloon in value since 2013. So I moved back into the NEET life so I can spend it all. Feels fucking good man, I make more just holding than I do wageslaving.

Not that I really care that I missed the BTC and ETH boat though, still plenty of opportunities just like them lurking in the market today.

If you got in at 10-100$ and you have the possibility of cashing out a life-changing amount of money, why not do it? If you are bearish, just cash out half of it. Don't cash out everything.

I cashed out 7 out of 8 of my BTC last year (600$ each), really fucking regret not hanging onto half of them now..

I think if anything getting in so early makes your view a bit more absurd. Zoom out and think about the concept. It's simply better than FIAT as a store of value, and outclasses the current banking system.

I bought my first BTC at $200 and have watched the prices ever since, but don't feel it's absurd. Less than 1% of the worlds wealth is in crypto, surely there's more room for growth. The masses are only now waking up to it, and only doing so because they're greedy. Once they realize (if ever) the real technical and economical merits of crypto over traditional FIAT, we'll really take off.

You're wanting to leave the scene because you believe it's too good to be true. Just think of what this might look like in a couple decades.

>It's simply better than FIAT as a store of value, and outclasses the current banking system.
In case it's not obvious, both those things are fucking HUGE deals btw. Transfer of wealth is real.

>Just think of what this might look like in a couple decades.
I know I'm samefagging, but just think about what this will look like when we're the boomers. When your grandkids have BTC wallets and it's commonplace, etc..

Nice trips

It all seems like digital gommunism giving everyone means of production of added value (blockchain) through nodes and merely investing in the crypto, or some shit.

What could you advise me to read up about this tranfer of wealth paradigm?

>What could you advise me to read up about this tranfer of wealth paradigm?

There is only one true starting point: bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf