I-I don't know how to balance a high level fighter with the other classes! I'm too r-retarded

>I-I don't know how to balance a high level fighter with the other classes! I'm too r-retarded

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/_Qq6dQwLh1s?t=46s
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I'll bite guys so don't follow my example
>It's your job to fix the balance problems of the game instead of picking a better game

These are both things Veeky Forums is pretty fucking awful about.

God, Civil War was such a shit movie.

Are you high? It was fucking great.

There are basically two types of people that espouse the idea that CW was bad.

1. Top tier /tv/ faggots. These niggas basically think anything that's not Drive is shit. Ironically, they've never actually watched any true classics, like Zerkalo or Barry Lyndon, as they're not patient enough.

2. Snyderfags. These guys are a subset of DCfags that have, as a defense mechanism against constant Marvel praise and DC movies being shit, convinced themselves that DC films are unsung classics of their time, full of rich imagery and wonderful characters, and MAHVEL films are only liked because of paid reviewers. They're a horrible toxic influence on everything around them and have turned any kind of discussion on /co/ into a powder keg situation.

Civil War wasn't some 9/10 masterpiece, but it did what it set out to do, and it did it in an entertaining manner. And it also delivered one of the most cathartic beatdowns I've seen in a while.

CW wasn't anything above average and shouldn't be considered as such. It was the worst marvel film we've had in years.

he's from /tv/ just let him be, or this thread will descend into another skubfest where autists try to claim their superior tastes by shitting on widely liked movies. And then it will spawn another 4 threads full of buzzwords like "disney shills" and "capeshit"
just look at all the rogue one threads from a week or so ago

I appreciated civil war giving us a villain who didn't have a big fight scene in the end. He wasn't that sort of person and he wasn't doing it to take over the world or prove some philosophical point. He just wanted people who ruined his life to suffer.

If this thread won't be closed in the next 10 minutes I loose all hope for Veeky Forums

Yeah, well, thats like, your opinion man. Nobody gives a shit if you liked it or not, but its widely considered in the top 3 for best marvel movie

Worst marvel film still puts it at 'Pretty decent'. They've done pretty well at avoiding complete bombs.

>It was the worst marvel film we've had in years.

You're aware that Thor 2 exists and was indeed not that long ago, right?

I was a well constructed action movie. It handled its characters well and gave you a reason to give a shit about most of them. The action scenes were great, though the big set piece felt... a little bifurcated from the rest of the movie. Its appeals to emotion were genuine and it had a tense, highly charged conclusion that made sense.

My greatest black mark against it is that there was some shit in there that simply did not have to be. Spider-Man was fun, but unnecessary. So was the throwaway scene of Cap proving that he's not gay, which felt more like a setup for two other characters to have a development moment than any of the two kissees.

If cap is a high level fighter, what does that make everyone else? Hulk and thor are easily fighters, and leagues above cap. Cap is level 10 at best

Cap is a Paladin. The serum didn't do shit.

>Cap is transported to a generic D&D world
>immediately gains the usual paladin powers

I'd like to see this.

Which god would be first in line to pick him up?

That's fine friend, just ban fighters while I continue to rewrite reality with my wizard

Widely considered by who? You? The majority of folks who wouldn't know a good film if it bit them in the ass? No seriously, cite your fucking sources. I gave an opinion, you're trying to talk like yours is fact.

>Which god would be first in line to pick him up?
There is but one god etc.

Using D&D 5E....
Hulk is a Path of the Berserker Barbarian
Thor is a Cleric with the Tempest Domain.
Captain America is a melee specced Battlemaster Fighter.
Hawkeye is a ranged specced Battlemaster Fighter.
Blackwidow is an Assassin Rogue.
Vision and Ironman are both refluffed Eldritch Blast spamming warlocks.
Scarlet Witch is either a Archfey pact Warlock or a Enchanter wizard.
I have no idea what Falcon would be.
Antman is a Thief Rogue that has an item that allows him to cast Shrink/Enlarge Person/Object.
Spiderman is Spiderman.
Winter Soldier/Bucky Barnes is a Champion Fighter.
Not sure what Warmachine would be.

Using 5e almost all of them are impossible to classify because they btfo of the system

Civil War had good action and not much else. Basically like any capeshit trash.

I just can't get into Marvel movies.

GotG was amazing, though. I laughed so hard all the way through it. Definitely one of the funniest movies I've seen in the past few years.

I think that's kinda the genius of Marvel. Even if the broader franchise isn't for you, there's a flavour of it for almost everyone, blending the superhero cliches with other genres.

Ant Man is a superhero heist movie, Cap 1 was a superhero war movie, Cap 2 was a superhero conspiracy thriller, etc. GotG being a superhero space opera.

>and it was on this day that Veeky Forums finally got bored with the daily "martials vs. casters" spam and just decided to talk about superhero movies

Mighty proud of you all so far.

Or just a guy who don't like superhero movies?
Why he would watch this film, I don't know?

>not realizing this is just a thinly veiled Caster vs Martial thread
its only a matter of time, user

I think you failed your Comprehend Post check, user.

But since you're new, I'll let you reroll it. This time.

Torm, then.

Wizards can't carry shit.

It was all right. It didn't knock my socks off but I enjoyed it.

Marvel movies tend to be pretty formulaic, but they work well within that formula. Civil War was more outside-the-box and experimental by Marvel standards, but those are pretty low standards for experimentalness.

Age of Ultron is right there

Robot Lips
Robot Teeth

>there's a game out there with options that actually affect the game beyond being nominal descriptions that isn't improved by some end user balancing

Go take your bland, boring, but "balanced" game and pitch it in the bin with all those other games that no one plays because they miss the point of what people want in a published game.

If you think they want a game with mechanics so restricted and bland that your choices are meaningless, than you can go ahead and enjoy your boring but "balanced" game.

Now this is the very essence of a false dichotomy.

Balance and interesting mechanics are both important. If you only have one but not the other, you have a dogshit game.

UGH. Robots that are just chrome people with fully-articulate faces trigger me to know end.

Dude, just play mutants and mastermind rather than try to debate about a system that does neither over the top fantasy nor realism justice.

Except actual robots meant for human interaction probably will be given expressive faces to help us empathise with them?

I've always preferred my robots to look more machine than man, with enough expressive qualities to still be properly humanized.

Falcon is a ranger. Animal companion, Cap told him to track Bucky

>Iron Man 2
>Thor: The Dark World
>Avengers 2: Age of Cringey Dialog

Marvel makes some pretty decent stuff but let's not pretend some of their movies don't gargle ass sweat.

I enjoyed all of them, even if they weren't particularly great. At worst they're still fun action schlock.

And some people enjoy fucking fat chicks, that doesn't make those hams into hotties user.

>Thor: The Dark World
The story just just a rewarming of the normal stock superhero storyline, but at least the Dark Elf visuals were baller.

>mechanics so restricted

>thing X cost 100 points
>thing Y is 2 times more powerfull and cost 200 points
>thing Z thing is 100 times more powerfull and cost 100000 points

You should stop playing class based games

This.

It's really not this hard people.

If your game is low fantasy make the wizards magic actually low fantasy or if its high fantasy give the fighters actual high fantasy powers. It's perfectly easy, fits in with lore and is balanced.

If your setting has exceptionally powerful mages, there's no reason why people shouldn't be able to lift enough to get so ripped that they punch hard enough and move fast enough to threaten those mages. If your mages are more grounded, well, then there's no problem?

"There's only one god, man, and I'm pretty sure he doesn't dress like that." - Captain America

Those were all at the least decent. It's not like they were Man of Steel.

It pissed me off that they called them Dark Elves instead of Svartalfar

>Party facing off against an encounter that's +1CR
>This happens youtu.be/_Qq6dQwLh1s?t=46s

I gotta admit, when I first saw this, I had goosebumps.

I don't think that I fit into either category, but I think that Civil War was pretty mediocre because the writers pussied out and made it all just boil down to a misunderstanding, rather than anything meaningful. The whole point of the Civil War arc is that you can have two people who are indisputably good that have diametrically opposed beliefs. I guess that didn't fit well into the MCU's black and white narrative.

Cap was willing to disobey the law to clear his friend Bucky's name and didn't feel comfortable giving the avengers to bureaucracy while Tony was lead by guilt and only did what he felt was right to avert an even greater tragedy like the ones that happened earlier in the MCU.

The only real bad-guy in all this was Zeemo, and even he only did it to break up the Avengers as payback for what happened to his family in Sarkovia.

And because of what happened, half the Avengers are in hiding, Rhodes is paralyzed from the waist down, Bucky is in deep freeze, Black Panther has basically marked himself as a traitor if anyone finds out that he's harboring Bucky, and Vision has to live with the guilt of paralyzing Rhodes because he was distracted.

The fact that it was a misunderstanding is what makes it so tragic, nobody was necessarily evil or anything but too much shit was going down and nobody could stop the shit before it hit the fan.

>W-what do you mean numbers can go above 100?! I DIDN'T FINISH THIRD GRADE!

Scarlet Witch is easily the most powerful person in that image.

She can change reality, literally. The only person who comes close is Vision, and even then Scarlet Witch could completely bitch slap him if she was so inclined.

Also,
>bitching about class balance with a picture of completely unbalanced team