If you owned a game store, would you allow this sort of thing to take place in it?

If you owned a game store, would you allow this sort of thing to take place in it?

no

Posters of video games all over the walls like that? No. It's a LGS.

You mean a woman? I probably would.

wrong posters but I'd definately allow half naked girls, do you know what attracts the main target group of tg's more than tg's?
half naked girls.

Literally cattle, but missed the number tag from her nose-ring.

>wallspace that could be dedicated to wellpainted models, diaramas, or portraits of well liked characters played in the gamestore
Fuck off

I kind of what to open a bar called NERD House(I always picture it in caps like that).

We'd have game systems, comics, and tables set up for whatever table top game you'd want(and I'm thinking maybe semi-private booths for TTRPGs) and you could get some food and booze. I'd also try and get some sort of partnership with a FLGS/Gamestop/something to hold tournaments.

But it's a desire for a niche market in a terribly rough industry as it is.

For a second I thought that watermark was part of the costume.

Disappointed when it wasn't.

I mean if she paid for the cards.

>Literally cattle, but missed the number tag from her nose-ring.
Guess how I can tell you don't actually know anything about cattle

city boi gtfo

Preventing oneself from seeing half naked girls.
Nigga you gay.

You mean skimpy, thematically-appropriate clothing? I dunno if I'd encourage it, but I'd allow it.

I don't think I'd have that many posters where I could have shelf space or something, though.

But I'd allow that shit in, unless we were doing like a under 18 night or something.

Forgot the number is on ear. My bad.

>Literally cattle,
Do I need to bring up the doujin?

It'd need to be in a really big city. Booze means no kids allowed, and magic is, after all, a children's card game

Enjoy having your comics ruined with booze and cheeto dust that nobody claims to know the origin of with a straight face and orange fingers.

Last thing I want the yummy mummy's to see as they drop the spawn off for the pokemon tournament

I need to make money and that girl is not going to fuck me

Nah, I could still have kid there, but I'd(in theory) institute some type of no under 18 after 6 pm or something. Or eventually have a kids section...

A man can dream.

It's fine, I'm used to faggy-ass city bois like you posting on Veeky Forums.

The nose ring is just to discourage them from rooting behavior.

Yeah, I'm aware that what I picture in my head as the ideal is nothing close to what the reality is.

I'd go. I don't drink but I want there to be places for adults to meet people other than night clubs, which are awful.

I think the problem is you would get more patronage in a city, but that also means higher overhead; and it's cheaper in the suburbs, but not as many people would come. If you could get the patronage of a city with the overhead of the suburbs, you'd be golden.

>If you could get the patronage of a city with the overhead of the suburbs, you'd be golden.
Right?

What if it was a restaurant-bar rather than just a bar? Like sort of a Dave & Buster's type setup.

*tips stetson*

Yeah, that might be better, at least for licensing purposes.

>bottom piece
>Forest
>Island
>Swamp

It's hilarious. Id allow it.

It's almost as if the potential patronage had some influence on the rent.

>If you could get the patronage of a city with the overhead of the suburbs, you'd be golden.
It's called inner-city ghetto.

I'd like to not have to worry about my patrons being the victims of crime or my establishment being robbed or burgaled.

>mountain
>plain
Oh fuck, it's a trap.

But then you'd wind up with neckbeards carrying katanas for self-defense! Doesn't some part of you want to see that?

That's crazy talk. It's probably the Jews or something.

>But then you'd wind up with neckbeards carrying katanas for self-defense! Doesn't some part of you want to see that?
Jesus Christ I do, but not quite at the cost of some neckbeard getting shot. Plus I'm pretty sure it'd affect my profit margin.

that's fine but it's shit like this that takes it too far.

I personally think cosplaying and LARPing is pretty cringeworthy, but I'd still let them in my bar... Albeit for only specific promotional events. Plus, gotta admit, that is impressive. Especially the bolter bitch.

One must die so that many may be mildly entertained. It's like The Lottery.

The nearest FLGS has Halloween nights where they allow costume. But in most cases, no as that just takes up space.

>One must die so that many may be mildly entertained. It's like The Lottery.
I laughed.

Would I ever!

What about this?

She wouldn't be able to get in the bar.

Are her legs chained together?

Only when unattractive people do it.

It would be hilarious, at least how I'm picturing.

>a young couple is walking away from NERD House after a night of Pathfinder and New Castle
>enter the nefarious evil-doors
>"Gimme that cash bitch!"
>enter the hero of our story
>5'4" and 260 lbs, goatee, duster, fingerless gloves, the fucking works
>"Heh, not on my watch kid! Nothing personal! Hyah!" He shouts, at an incredibly high volume.
>edgelord attempts to draw his katana, which was folded over 1000 times in true Nippon fashion(or so said the guy at the flea market)
>his autistic shouting scares the Basketball-Americans into turning to him and shooting him
>"Y-you too." He whispers as both the assailants and couple run.

Is it worth banning the cute girl and boy cosplayers if it means banning the ugly ones?

I'd require EVERYONE dress in scanty clothes made from cards.

>Allowing women
Doubtful.
On the one and, introducing women to an all-male sphere ruins it.
On the other hand, the promise of a whiff of vagina draws in desperate horndogs like nothing else. This is the reason why hot chicks get free access to night clubs: not because the bouncers are assholes, but because the club owners want to secure a steady supply of hot chicks (they'll even hire models to pose for the photos on their website). Hot chicks means thirsty men, thirsty men means men buying drinks for women, which means income.

Maybe I should hire a bunch of models to walk around the shop, pretending to browse and to have semi-flirtatious small talk with the customers.

As long as it isn't a violation of state law and/or it isn't under 18 night.

Notice I didn't say "ugly" people. It's enough to merely be average. You must be genuinely attractive for a layperson to find your cosplay cool.

Otherwise, you have to pick something mildly obscure and that way fans will get excited just to see someone else who very much enjoys the thing. You won't necessarily be "cool" per se, but you'll still get a good reception.

One final option is to dress up in a nonsense outfit and claim I'm from an non-existent IP, then condescend to everyone because they haven't heard of it. Still not cool (unless you're also physically attractive), but it's an amazing feeling.

That's purely a matter of opinion--and frankly, of philosophy.

In my theoretical bar that doesn't exist, she potentially could. But yeah, she'd have to take of the wings except for the part when we did some sort of costume contest.

Attractive people do generally make things look better. At the very least, they don't hurt it.

>do you know what attracts the main target group of tg's more than tg's?
>half naked girls.

Do you know what scares away half naked girls more than tg's?

The main target group of tg's.

Not him, but I refer once again to what real life night clubs do:
1. Hire models for pictures
2. Incentivize women to come anyway (why else do you think ladies night is a thing, bouncers let hot chicks in for free etc? Because they're not going to spend money, but they draw in the men who do.)

The front of the skirt should have been nothing but basic forest instead of alternating lands.

That's not quite true, but it's a reasonable mistake.

Assuming the main target group of traditional games are "people who enjoy roleplaying" or "people who enjoy strategy", then there's no problem. But there is sizable minority of that group which overlaps with neckbeards, the bad kind of perverts, and other brands of skeeves. I'm not the kind of person who likes being half-naked in any circumstances, but supposing I were not, there's only one D&D player I personally know (out of at least fifteen) around whom I wouldn't want to be half-naked.

The same could be said of , but in that case I assume he means "main target demographic" rather than "main target group".

You could say it's a matter of semantics, of course, but it's a distinction I think is important.

>you'll never go to NERD House and build some gunpla while watching two fat dudes RP a Magic the Gathering duel

Never say never, user. We can dream.

Now I really want to do it... Gotta do more research. And maybe convince the wife to at least consider it. I wonder if I can get the VA to help in some way...

So would it be like those fancy restaurants where men must wear jackets and if a man doesn't have a jacket they'll have a few spares? Or would people just be turned away if their loins aren't girded with Yu-Gi-Oh! cards?

My LGS is just what you described (they just got their alcohol license)

No, My primary patrons are going to be Warhammer 40k customers who buy all their minis online at a 20% discount, and 12 year olds who keep buying these dumb as hell booster packs like a hobo sucking dick for crack.

Since the 12 year olds actually pay(IE their parents), I don't want to give soccor moms an excuse to tell their kids they can't go because some attention whore decided that her special snowflake gimmick is that she literally wears cards over her xD can't touch these xD parts.

Whereabouts are they? If they're close to Pittsburgh, PA I'm fucking going there to tall to them and see how feasible my vision is.

Brooklyn
It's hipstery as fuck

Shit's been done all over, man. With better names, lol.

>be slav in slavland
>getting alcohol license is super easy, you can sell it in vending machines
>but you have to fill a mountain of paperwork to be allowed to serve even most basic food

I need source, google-fu gives nothing

Serbia?

it's a crop, try with full image

I will caution you that the only reason my old FLGS was able to stay afloat was because it was owned by a professional American football player. And shortly after he lost that job, it went under.

And restaurants are generally considered pretty risky as a small-business venture. Though maybe the "bar" part will help.

So what I'm saying is that as much as I want to see your idea succeed, don't stake your financial security on it.

nope. its bad form and distracting, not to mention inappropriate for anyone underage. also does nothing but prove she is an attention whore.

Thank you my man!

Yeah, I've done enough research into it, that the failure rate alone has precluded me from taking any serious steps towards.

That being bars also have a fairly high failure rate, around 3 out of 4.

It's more something I would do, had I already enough capital to sink into it and lose, but still not be financially ruined.

Kluwe?

That's kinda what I meant. If you've got a high-paying job and a nice little nest egg, then aim for the stars. If not, grovel in the mud like a pig. That's the American dream.

Yep.

It's not going to happen for a while, if it does, still going to school courtesy of Uncle Sam(and getting paid for it, which is nice).

Here's my tentative plan:
>Finish school next winter
>Federal or state law enforcement for a little bit
>Private security gig for a little longer
>Might have the funds to do it then

Have you tries just talking to women? Just talking to them?

I'm rootin' for ya!

Thanks user. We're gonna make it. We're all gonna make it!

No, people enter to buy and rant in the store, if you want half-naked females-or males- go to another place. Like a club or that kind of places where more social people than me go.

You don't want the best of both worlds?

there's a bar like that here in Vancouver(3 of them, actually)
all of them are filled with obnoxious normies and tumblrwhales because geek culture is the trendy thing these days
that said, the places are super successful, just filled with reprobates

>geek culture is the trendy thing these days
Still?

This is like when I found out the "basketball" style was still around in Utah in, like, 2007.

What exactly makes them "obnoxious"?

>that said, the places are super successful, just filled with reprobates
While it making money is certainly the primary goal, so is running a place that people can actually engage in nerd-shit that they find fun, whatever the fuck it is.

Nope, too virginal to allow that.

Those places need some crosses. Don't now if the wood would endure whale-sized creatures.

Vancouver is a notoriously liberal place, and those deepest into """geek culture""" nowadays are hipsters devoid of personality beyond ironic trendiness.

Imagine a room full of bearded, skeletal African Studies majors trying to play DnD "how they saw it on Big Bang Theory."

I would allow i--
> rainbow-colored hair
> videogame posters in the background
BAD TOUCH, BAD TOUCH, STRANGER DANGER, I WOULD NOT ALLOW IT

VĂ©ritablement a fate worse than death

That's clearly a wig.

> Imagine a room full of bearded, skeletal African Studies majors trying to play DnD "how they saw it on Big Bang Theory."
> African Studies majors
> "how they saw it on Big Bang Theory"
So they study Zimbabwe?

>final fantasy XXXL.jpg

> a bald woman
EVEN WORSE

I'd even be willing to break even on shit as long as people are having a good time and will come back. I'm personally not into weeb shit, but fuck it, if enough are I'll make Weeb Wednesday.

Goddamit Carlos

>bearded, skeletal African Studies majors
That part doesn't seem that bad.

>Big Bang Theory
Why would hipsters watch one of the most popular and mainstream shows currently on television?

underrated post

It's a bitch living in a farm town when Veeky Forums's your hobby.

Where do you live?