Age of Sigmar General ! /aos/

We need more waifus Edition

>resources
pastebin.com/vv6y7fLu

>General's Handbook pdf
mega.nz/#!DxRGmTZL!x_L0eobCjr4qrF7enhVlZ2DffTtRa3hdDrc5RctcAbE

>OP image album
imgur.com/a/fHkqJ

Old thread: >Freshest Rules in Epub (Use READIUM for PC or KOBO on Android)
mega.nz/#F!Wl5DAbCb!TYxZG4CgX_x-NJu7JBwbZQ!C0Z2nZyQ

>9993
So fuckin close

WHERE IS WOOD AELVES BATTLETOME REEEEEEEEEE

BINGO

BUILD IT

Genderfluid Stormcast when

Is this game good yet?

Someone has an idea for a better background or is it already good enough?

just for you user

It always has been, you just have to learn how to have fun

show me the tzeentch leaks, fuckbois

Best bang for the bucks army?

Alright, I thought it would be a little hard to find a willing drawfriend but everything went better than expected

Tyranids
___:^)___

Probably nurgle daemons. Though a lot of the armies are rather cheap as long as you don't go for hordes of infantry. If you want to get into it chose an army that has a start collecting box.

B-but user, it's just a shitposting from memebingo Nonetheless if you have any tips for cheap and thrilling army for newbie I would be grateful. I'm like the only one player in 100 000 city so having a few lists for 1000 pts army other than "half of starter set + SC box" would be handy

Not my TK.

2 box of chaos knight and a deamon prince

But SC boxes really are the best bang for the buck apart from the AoS basegame and Spire of Dawn.

man that is so fucking cool.
can you do one for other grand alliance ?

>But SC boxes really are the best bang for the buck
I know user, but I'm just not sure if buying two same SC boxes is the best way to make 1000 pts army for every faction.
>apart from the AoS basegame and Spire of Dawn
That's why I have bought 2 SoD boxes

Not my work - my hand are as useful as my feet for work like this. You have to catch these cool guys

If you actually want everything in the box that is.

In general, I'd say yes, two SC boxes are usually flexible enough to allow for a diverse enough arrangement.
Just as an example, SC Pestilens can be assembled with plague monks (no way around those), either a plague claw catapult or a warp lighting cannon, a screaming bell or a plague censer and a grey seer or a plague priest. That's a lot of flexibility.
Or the Flesheater Courts box. Nets you some ghouls, which you always need more of, as well as three flayers/horrors/heroes, a zombie dragon/terrorgheist with or without rider and, possibly, an unmounted ghoul king.
For undead you just combine the Malignant box and the Deathrattle box. Endless combinations.
And even in the cases where the units are sorta fixed in how you assemble them, the stuff in the box is usually something you'll want more of anyway, outside the heroes maybe.

I'm building a clans pestilens army, and I'm not sure what to do for my battle line. I'm running a VLC, a priest or two, a plaguesmog congregation, 2 plagueclaws, and a battle line battalion.

My problem lies in choosing b/w the clawpack and the congregation of filth, and using remaining points for more censer units (dat plaguesmog stacking is nuts)

Elves Someday (my wallet is ready)

The only faction that needs more waifus is Destruction, the rest all have at lease one waifu to choose from or make up your own

Skaven

but Wood Aelves are superior my friend

>Follow on of GW's head model designers on twitter
>He's gushing about Steven Universe
>Admits he wants to add Jasper in one of the games if he can get away with it
>Elves in Aos Are most likely made of light and shadows with a soulstone as their real bodies
Oh lawl

Odds are Matt Ward is a SU fan too

>obsessing over steven tumblrverse
Oh god no, not that. Anything but that.

>Actually liking Steven Universe

I honestly just don't understand the appeal with that show. How does anyone like it with it's obnoxious designs and every character is a space lesbian

well that's one way they could ruin their elves intellectual property overnight. I pray they are not that retarded.

>Steven Universe

i hope he never touches wood aelves

Yeah unlike all the Dune rip offs

you get use to the designs

Hey know he also post about his mermaid blanket

Hey now Matt Ward already touched them, and you know he also watches it

>those beautiful landscapes
>for a show where the characters are all terribly designed and under-detailed monstrosities

The environment and character artists must be locked in a state of constant war in that studio. Good-looking minimalist flash character's aren't even impossible (for example nearly everything in MLP looks great) but SU just takes the shittiness to new heights.

I really, really hope he doesn't try to incorporate any of it into the models or art because good God it's some of the worst stuff I've ever seen.

I really hope that he's catching flak for that post from SOMEONE important

Dude one of the new BL writers just shit post on Tumblr all day and reblogs gay space marine art sometimes, New GW doesn't give a shit

That's unfortunate. I really hope that this faggotry doesn't taint the game

do you mean a_40k_author? Because I really enjoy that blog and he seems really tactful with the shit questions

And the space marines he reblogs are 90% space sharks which are basically his adopted child chapter

Yeah I follow him he's great
DESU I really don't think making the High Elves more like SU Gems would really effect them too much
base one the reccent shit its been saving the game

I did not know we still have auto corrects

New Blood Knights when?? They could release new bats as well

Howd I do?

When they've made you buy enough blood knights and stop people converting dragon princes into blood knights.

Gemgender Adventure Time is a shit show but those are some nice landscapes

flip one of the primes on Ebay and not bad

its a nice start user, now you need stardrakes

This. You can only field one celestant-prime per army.

We can't all be lawyers user.

>Yeah unlike all the Dune rip offs

request: expound

just ally 2 stormcast armies in bigger games.

doesn't work like that, there's no "Allying" in AoS, It's all the same army

can I ally one random leader into my army to make it two armies and get two artifacts?

Hey nerds I need help I recently ordered an ironjaws battleforce. (plus I bought a general's handbook, which annoyingly turned out to have NO ACTUAL RULES in it wtf). I was wondering if anyone had any advice for playing/painting them, besides always taking the ironfist formation.

No. That guy doesn't have any clue what he's talking about and just assumes shit works like it does in 40k
The rules are all in the AoS App, or at the back of every game book. The Ironjawz battletome has everything in the battleforce other than the giant in it.
And my advice is to get a warchanter for them sick buffs

not but there are fun games that aren't rules only by the books...
If you play against 2 opponents or just do a big games and have a force of combined stormhost.

source ; I already field 2 Primes in non-tournament settings a fuckload of time and nobody, N.O.B.O.D.Y cares, and no one will unless its a tournament or just autistic player that only play by the book with no imagination or creative tought.

This guy also have no clue how it works because the GHB forbid games above 2k5 points i guess ?
How sad it is to be you.

To be fair, Celestant-Prime doesn't seem like a named character at first glance. Most people probably don't think he is.

>source ; I already field 2 Primes in non-tournament settings a fuckload of time and nobody, N.O.B.O.D.Y cares, and no one will unless its a tournament or just autistic player that only play by the book with no imagination or creative tought.
You can do whatever the fuck you want in casual games if your opponent is cool with it, but it doesn't matter for jack shit as a whole. Even when playing non-competitive, players like to stick to rules because they like structure.

So in other words, your little anecdotal 'evidence' is completely pointless and moot.

Multiple CP would be insane. That shooting attack is ridiculous, cant even imagine getting 2 of them each turn

No, because that guy's still using the rules. There's nothing about allying in the GHB and it rather explicitly states that you can only have one of a specific named character per army, and since even if you mix factions like stormcasts, sylvaneth and freeguild, all in the same game, you're still only playing one army...

I've been in a coma for the last few years, when did GW put space marines into fantasy? is Empire still a thing?

Pretty much this. We are so used to things in 40k where it treats allies as a separate army. In AoS, it's all treated as one army, consisting of allies. This is demonstrated by battlelines and other limitations. You could have one faction bringing the battlelines, and the other faction all elite, as long as your army consists of at least the minimum number of battlelines.

>triggered grognard

>if you mix factions like stormcasts, sylvaneth and freeguild, all in the same game, you're still only playing one army...
Source ? proof ? i dont see anything addressing combined forces being a single army in the GHB.

>No, because that guy's still using the rules.
so i just need 6x5 liberator to field 10K of extremis ? as it don't broke the rules ?
You are literally worse then "I have a Quran, Islam is peace" fags

Where can i see the minimum of battelline for 5k+ point armies ? also phoneposting samefag much ?

>triggered grognard
And I'm out. It's obvious you are beyond rational discussion at this point and have to devolve to meme-calling.

Just read the book, man. If you still aren't seeing it, then you are just not comprehending what you are reading. Have you thought how everyone gets it but you?

>also phoneposting samefag much ?

Sweet, do you have the starter already ?

You aren't even linking to the same two people there
I have never before seen someone call samefag on someone else whilst simultaneously only linking to one post. This, combined with the fact that you're calling them a phoneposter for no reason, has astonished me so much that I no longer want to spoonfeed you the rules of the game you're too dumb to learn

Nope

I didnt want the snap fit liberators or prosecutors, and I dont plan on using LCOD, so its not worth it for me

Which rules ?
Open play ?
Match Play ?
Open play with points ?

still waiting for the line where a combined force of 3 player in 5k point only need to field 1 requierement of battleline

Holy crap anyone else see this and get excited?

I'm gonna have Bolt Throwers in my Dispossessed army, life is good.

Yep that would do it. Even at a GW official event I wouldn't see that being a problem at all. I didn't even think about that. I may have to get one myself, now.

What are your opponents fielding that justifies you bringing two Primes to the table?

How'd you like someone coming at you with two Skarbrands?

>no one will unless it's a tournament or just autistic player that only play by the book with no imagination and creative thought

Not quite. I personally wouldn't tolerate someone outright cheating. No doubles of named characters. It's always been that way. I'd never use two Glottkin against someone. You sound like a WAACfag.

Stormcast question.
Knight-Azyros or Knight-Venator?
I have the battleforce as well as the start collecting and starter.

Venator. Pretty much the stormcast eternal sniper.

Both are good in their own way
If you can only build 1 then take the Venator, but Azyros is a cornerstone of competitive Stormcast lists

What do they use that the Azyros actually works with? RAW it only functions with a couple of the formations

Thanks, I'll go with the Venator and maybe pick the Azyros up in the future when I'm done building and painting everything.

Another question, do you think grand weapons are worth taking on Prosecutors?

Warrior Brotherhood is the premier Stormcast list. It lets you use Lightning Strike to deep strike your entire army more than 9" away from enemies.

This list lets the Azyros LS into 9", then your entire army can use his Leader of the Way ability to LS within 5" of him (even if that puts you within 9" of an enemy) usually directly into melee with an enemy.

Stormcast suffer from being one of the slowest armies, and the Warrior Brotherhood gives them guaranteed melee combat whenever you want

Not really. Take Javelins or don't take the Prosecutors at all.

Sylvaneth 1000 points:

Harvestboon Wargrove - 100
Forest Folk - 60
3 units of 10 Dryads - 360
2 Branchwraiths - 200
Treelord Ancient (general)

= 1020 points

Artefact - Briarsheath or Wraithstone
Special spell - Regrowth - Ancient is the only heavy hitter in the army and with the spell bonuses of the wargrove, this would keep him alive with D6 healz. Put the Branchwraith with Regrowth on Balewind Vortex and errbuddy's happy.

How'd I do? Haven't played it yet, almost done painting. Keep as is or boost to 1500?

Never run Dryads in squads of 10. You need to get 12+ to get the crucial +1 save bonus.

Branchwraiths are also terrible. Their spell is nearly useless in matched play.

This is why Forest Folk is a bad choice for 1000pt.

>Ancient is the only heavy hitter in the army
Ancient is not a heavy hitter

You need to get some kurnoths with scythes in there or you won't deal any kind of damage

>Harvestboon Wargrove
If you want to run a spellcaster list then you should run Gnarlroot instead.

Heres a cheeky 1000 points moonclan goblins list i have been playing with this week, won 4 of the 5 games i have played so far,
so rate my list for any changes and so on...

Formation: The Great moonclan - 80
Skarsnik, Warlord of Eight Peaks - 100
Moonclan grot shaman - 60
20 moonclan grots (spears and sheilds, 3 netters) - 120
20 moonclan grots (spears and sheilds, 3 netters) - 120
20 moonclan grots (Archers) - 120
3 Grot Fanatics - 90
2 Grot Fanatics - 60
Magnler Squigs - 240

Not him but in the fluff there is as much Prime that there are houses or whatever it is called.
I wont be surprised if in a futur Updaye its no linger a "Unique" as it is not even "named"
skarbrand is unique however.

fuck phoneposting. sorry for the typos

80% win mean do not change anything.
do you have a pic ?
what do you fear the most ?

I thought that the FAQ update means that Skarsnik can't be used in that battalion any more?

>Not him but in the fluff there is as much Prime that there are houses or whatever it is called.
No

Celestant-Prime is a unique character

His armor changes colour to reflect the stormhost he is fighting beside, but he is a SINGLE character

op with the grot army, can you source that, i cant find it anymore but the last time i read it it stated you can because he has the moonclan warboss keyword, i could be wrong though

The armies i fear the most is most sylvaneth, although i have won a close victory against them and one of my friends arrowboy kunnin rukk combo, personally, its outright BROKEN (not intending to start shit)

What is your next purchase for the army ?
What would you want to see in a fully fledge battletome ?
Sorry for the questions but its an army i'm interested in and i know nobody who play it.

This fucker right here is a fucking murderous beast of hell.
I never realized that each of its 6 Attacks do 4 FREAKING damage vs chaos (more than 75% of my opponents) when equipped with a relic blade

yeah my jaw dropped in the stream when they said that, especially considering all the rerolls this guy gets.
In fact i bought 2 after the stream.... i'm weak

>What is your next purchase for the army ?
I have ordered some rockgut troggoths for a 1500 point list, a second mangler squig and a box of grots so i can have a unit of 40 spear and sheild and 2 units of 20 bows

>What would you want to see in a fully fledge battletome ?
Personally, in a battletome i would love to see more formations, and some new alliance traits and items would be nice. To be really honest, out of all the sigmar armies i have played, moonclan is the best army that hasn't got a battletome yet, so thats that...

in summary, give the moonclan units a read, they have really good combos (especially with the great moonclan), even the mangler squig is one of the hardest hitting monsters in the game, with that considering I hope you come to a decision soon

i still think the grimwrath beserker is better...

Hey guys, I am a total newfag to the AoS setting and I have a question.

Are Stormcast Eternals golems? That is are golden statues animated by sigmar's power and the hero's soul that lies within? Or are they given a body of flesh and blood and just wear golden armor? Or they are a grotesque fusion of metal and flesh, as it is said that "lightning flows in their veins". They can be reforged too which would imply that they are golems but since we are talking godly magics here that doesn't mean flesh cannot be reforged like metal.

I can't find any better sources that go into it more.

Against chaos, no, against everything else, obviously yes