mega.nz/#F!z8pBVD4Q!UIJWxhYEWy7Xp91j6tztoQ

>Pastebin with resources and so on:
pastebin.com/X1TFNxck

>/5eg/ Discord server
discord.gg/0rRMo7j6WJoQmZ1b

>5etools
5egmegaanon.github.io/5etools/5etools.html

>Previous thread
Why did your character start adventuring?

Other urls found in this thread:

dnd.wizards.com/articles/features/my-new-d20-modern-campaign
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I like 4e and 5e.

band names for an all-bard party?

Cyclops user, your moon druid shouldn't be able to die to the cyclops, so long as he picks a good form and doesn't try anything funny. He, the fighter, and the paladin should divide the badguy's attention enough to let your blasters wear him down.

Honestly Vicious Mockery sounds like a decent band name as is.

Mage armour or shield on a wizard?

Lyres and Liars

I had an NPC band in a game. It was an orc, a dwarf, a human and a halfling. They were called "3 And A Half Strings"

Deicide also made a cameo appearance for a good old fashioned battle of the bands (scott pilgrim style)

The Beat-Alls

>Why did your character start adventuring?
If he couldn't save his own world, he's gonna save this one, god dammit.

The Magic Missiles

Shield is pretty good if you also take a lot of ways to get out of risky zone

You have good taste.

#
You're a fucking retard.
Talk to him like a normal person, you autist shit. Do you know how to talk?
At least pretend to act like a normal person.

Stop typing like a retard.

I'm making a Battle Master Fighter. Am I fucked without a shield? I'm a Maul wielder.

AC/DC/CR
Dice n Roses
Vynyrd Brnyrd
Bardica
The Bards
The Rolling Bards
Red Hot Chili Bards

How viable is the Eldritch Knight?

By "viable" I don't mean gamebreaking, just fun or useful to play.

I was talking about the spell shield. I don't play martials, so I can't really answer your question.

Very viable. Very fun.

Oh. Sorry for bothering you, then.

Not at all, you're fine
Your AC isn't the end-all-be-all, especially if you have someone else that can take their share of the hits

Everything outside of elemental monk and beast master are fine. Even beast master is fine if you use the revised ranger rules

Nah nigga just but some armor and kill the enemy before he hits you

Is it just me or is pass without trace fucking boring to play with? It's just cast spell, immediately pass all stealth rolls.

Pick plate, shield, defensive and the shield spell

Be the mountain the wind cannot humble

No problem pleb. Good luck with mundanity.

One of my players is an EK and he seems to be having a blast, the ability to cast booming blade then bonus action attack has turned him into an archer's worst nightmare and he loves it.

If you pick up war caster it gets even better, full-plate, a shield, and the shield spell makes you virtually un-hittable for a round.

Who here ever have a romance in this game before?

I think so too. Plus I'm not going to actively try and kill people. Maybe down one person if it gets to that.

Shocking grasp yay

So I have the players handbook, and ive been reading through it to learn some of the game, and I know I need the monsters handbook for monsters and shit, but do i really need the DM one? I'll be dming, but I know how to run games. Is it worth getting?

My girlfriend's characters fall for every single of my important male NPCs

But what's the point of dming if you don't instill fear in your players?

Jeez what a slut

dl the PDF

kill=/=downing

It's the first session lol. I have many, many plans. Current campaign is loosely based on Blood Omen Nosgoth. There will be death.

Would a multiclass Twilight Druid/some kind of necromancer that uses undead minions as free health packs work?

We're starting Storm King's Thunder at Level 5. What's a good class for it?

Goliath bard

As cool as it sounds, I think the creatures have to be hostile for you to gain a benefit from killing them.

Literally all of them.

In order to heal from Harvest's Scythe the enemy has to be hostile, so I guess if you cast animate dead, wait 24 hours then somehow hope the zombie wants to follow you to kill you as you kite it constantly. Or the whole bag of holding full of skeletons thing I guess.

That all aside, I dont think I would let that multiclass happen as a DM since the fluff of anti-undead Druid doesn't really fit with also summoning undead.

I probably would let you grapple skeletons and put them into a bag of holding, then you can have your supply of enemy minion health packs

Okay, guys, that seems a bit silly, but I need your help.
I'm DMing a Curse of Strahd, and my party was going to finish up a bunch of side quests before going to Amber Temple, but their NPC allies assured them that they've got this. Next session I'm going to surprise them by handing them a bunch of character sheets for NPCs they met, such as Davian Martikov, Muriel Vinshaw, Victor Vallakovich and Blinsky. They will each choose a character for himself and go kill those side threats.
How do you like that idea? How would you react, if this happened to you?
Also, so far each session/story arc I've had a special name. What should I name this one?

How many skellingtons can you fit in a bag of holding RAW anyways?

Not a fan. I wouldn't see the point.

>How do you like that idea? How would you react, if this happened to you?
Sounds fun desu

Also, man... that's not at all what I pictured Ireena looking like. Apparently my DM is terrible at describing NPCs

If they really like their allies, that could be a lot of fun. Players can appreciate interesting diversions from the main game once in a while, and that sounds like they might be invested in it - doing similar things but as different characters, except they like them already.

If you do this, a great prep you should do is somewhat develop the relationships the NPCs have with each other.

I sort of figured you could dispel the command undead part of Animate/Create (Un)dead at will, because being forced to have undead listen to you seems a little weird, but that's not RAW.
Maybe you could just order them to attack you one by one?
On the fluff part of it, I was thinking of Diablo 2 style priest of Rathma who see death as a natural part of life, and create undead as a temporary abridgement of it to defend the balance of that cycle.

Ireena is meant to be no-nonsense fighter clothed in plate mail, but also quite beautiful.

> No-nonsense fighter
> Is a 1/8 cr NPC, except with slightly higher HP than normal
This is one of the reasons DMs usually hand Ireena to one of the players.

What the fuck spells do I take on a divination wizard? This is my plan to level 5 but i have no fucking idea what im doing

L1: Mage Armor, Shield, Detect Magic, Find Familiar, Magic Missile, Thunderwave
L2: Tasha's, Grease
L3: Misty Step, Suggestion
L4: Detect Thoughts, Web
L5: Haste, Fireball

I feel like I have too many do nothing spells and too many defensive shits, but i have no idea how to play a wizard so maybe Im wrong. Also i took very few divination spells because I think they suck but maybe theres some I should be taking

D2 necromancers are best necromancers, but the whole point is that the druid gets rewarded for destroying undead. If he created them to begin with, what is there to reward? If anything, he should be penalized when creating them.

>Autism alert
Plate armor is not mail.
I was referring to myself.

Related to that, having the NPCs being played by someone who wants to play but can't really commit to a schedule is a pretty good idea.

You should absolutely take Tasha on level 1.

Why aren't you taking divination spells?

No wonder Strahd wants her flapjacks

I cant find an official weight for skeletons but if we go with the real world average 15% of a human's body weight then about 16 if they are all 200lb men.

RAW bag of holding: 500lbs/(.15*200)
500/30=16.66

Maybe find a necromancer with a fetish for gnomes? Or a bunch of crawling claws?

There doesn't seem to be that many good ones compared to other schools, most if not all is out of combat stuff like Identify and Comprehend languages. I do get to buyback a slot at level 6 with divination spells, but there just doesnt seem to be many appealing ones but maybe im wrong

Because divination is a meme school people take for the features whilst ignoring the spells.

Divination killed role-playing.

Speaking of that picture, has anyone tried the Samurai archetype for Fighter yet?

Gnome immortal psion with magic initiate for booming blade/lightning lure.

Use a shield and rapier and try to find some noice medium armor.

What is the next best published adventure to do after lost mines?

Immortal Psions are a UA that was already announced to be cancelled.

>Using a katana with 0 muscles
He's a kensei.

Might as well take a level dip of Cleric instead.

Heavy armour, can use healing spells with spell slots, 2 level 1 spellslots ot use on things and you can do something else with race.
Also better if you plan to get into melee sometimes.

All-religious.

Her delicious flapjacks. Even an undead would be appreciative.

dnd.wizards.com/articles/features/my-new-d20-modern-campaign

Could this mean we might potentially get modern conversions or modern rules in the future?

if you have the PDFs you should be fine. The most important physical book to have is a PHB for in-play reference

>but do i really need the DM one?
You don't need it, but it's got fair advice and a good breakdown of aspects of settings, tone, and theme. I say skim the PDF and buy it if you find it compelling.

I'd love to see that, especially since 5e is inherently a better system than 3e was and therefore has more potential to avoid the pitfalls that d20 Modern fell into.

There's been a couple third party sci-fi/modern games using 5e rules: Amethyst Quintessence and Ultramodern 5, but like with any third party supplement, quality is gonna be extremely subjective there.

Do you think that would restrict commanding preexisting undead, giving them an order that would render them hostile like 'kill everyone here, prioritizing the enemies first', and then hitting them indiscriminately with AoEs?
Or sending them into combat and putting them down afterwards?

>pitfalls that d20 Modern fell into.
never played d20 Modern, but I did a lot of 3e. what were the worst pitfalls?

Had a non sexual man love between my Swashbuckler and the Paladin that was played for laughs.

[spoilers]Worst part was I'm actually gay and have a thing for the player OOC[/spoiler]

Too true, 5e is really the better system in all respects. Unfortunately due to the smaller sized design group and the glacial pace which new content is being designed, it could be a while yet before we see any of the modern sort.

Thanks mate, will check those out.

Hilariously imbalanced, tons of shitty systems like Wealth, made the feat bloat even worse with shitty feats that are required to be useful, etc. Plus the math's all screwed up, it's hella easy to do more damage punching people than getting shot in the head with a .50 cal

ah. gotcha. I played a 5e campaign in a modern setting. It was okay. Campaign was fun, DM was pretty shit.

I think anything is fine as long as you don't create or summon them yourself.

Hilariously imbalanced because of the 3e chassis.
Dex was the king of everything.

Wealth that didn't make sense.
Feat bloat, but that's a lot to do with 3e and subsequent systems in general.

VP and WP was good to a certain degree.

A firearm supplement that was mostly useless and not even worth the paper it was printed on.

How do I achive a God Form(something strong enough to fight a God 1v1?)?

How well did 5e work with a modern setting?
Specifically firearms, AC, wounding, monsters and all of that.
What classes did you all use? Any from Ultramodern and Amethyst?

>Campaign was fun, DM was pretty shit.
Wat. How?

What's the point of a 5 foot addition to a speed?
ie, 25 ft.

You play something that isn't 5e.

Otherwise you become the nuclear druid.

Otherwise you need bullshit magical items likethe Deck of Many Things and hope you don't accidentally erase your entire existence in the process of trying to claim god-like power (99.9% of unexisting yourself, approx, unless your DM is far too nice).

What's the nuclear druid again? Twilight druid and some multiclassing?

The quest to become a God can be a long one. One must essentially become as Godlike as possible throughout the world, travelling far and wide, being known throughout and gaining favour.

Only then when you have a mass following will you be deemed worthy of Godship.

You play Pathfinder instead.

Damn. In my game, Ismark is a bit of a badass (some lucky combat rolls helped) and absolutely devoted to his "sister," but Ireena herself is a delicate flower cowering under beds and behind rocks while saying almost nothing of use, ever. I am disappoint.

... So you can move an extra 5 feet, or 10 if you dash? What's your point about asking what's the point of it? It is what it is.

A druid that has some access to the 'magic missile' spell. Multiclassing a level for it allows it to be cast at level 9 or having a wand of magic missile allows to be cast at level 7 .

>Play Lewd Kitsune Simulator 2017 instead

>most if not all is out of combat stuff
That's the fucking point

How would you stat the events from the Conjuring 2?

RIP

>Find Steed uses spells that have Range: Self
>Wish has Range: Self

Why have you not build a Character that twincasts Wish through his steed yet?

What are some interesting characters you have played/want to?
Currently DM'ing a campaign, but I want to roll a Gnome Barbarian with littleman syndrome who goes into Rage whenever someone makes fun of him (usually at inopportune times)

because none of my campaigns last that long and I haven't played a game I wasn't DMing for years now

ok but what if i wanna actually do things in this game

A guy in my who is a player said if he was DM he wouldnt allow any options apart from the PHB becaue of the eagle people race means they all must be OP.

Mage armor. Shield only lasts for one turn in 5e.

How mentally deficient are you that you can't find anything to do with divination magic?

>A guy in my who

If that's his only experience with supplementary material, I can see how he'd draw that conclusion. However, I don't see why he has not even looked at other material, even the free stuff, to increase his limited data sample.