MTG Spoilers thread. No Bolas Planeswalker this set? What gives...

MTG Spoilers thread. No Bolas Planeswalker this set? What gives? I feel even if they release one next set it's kind of lame.

Also general spoiler thread.

Other urls found in this thread:

mtgsalvation.gamepedia.com/Jeremy_Jarvis
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I feel like the mechanics of this card tied to fluff might be foreshadowing of

>someone (probably important) is going to die
>the planar bridge gets fukt
>Bolas shows up pissed at Tezzeret

I thought Bolas was confirmed for Amonkhet?

>2-4x Mechanized production (targeting clues)
Yo, buddy. What you target and what you have 8 of are unrelated.

Magnifying Glass might be worth a look.
It's a relevant mana rock and a decent copy target.

Also, all the good Investigate pumps want green.
>Ongoing Investigation
>Tireless Tracker
>Ulvenwald Mysteries
>Confront the Unknown

>Spoiler Thread
>Spoiler
Haven't really been keeping up.
Thought we had the full spoiler by now?
What's left to discuss. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Whoops. Meant for

If you've been paying close attention you would have noticed earlier, because WotC or WotC staff said that there were 2 planeswalkers in Aether Revolt (or 4 if you count the duel deck planeswalkers as different). That combined with Tezzeret and Ajani of heroes being spoiled eliminates the possibility of Bolas getting printed.

Bolas is literally THE guy in charge of the plane of the next block. Between Dark Intimations and that fact, I'm confident we'll see him in the next block.

yeah, bolas will come in, kill jace, kill gideon, fuck chandra and liliana, make nissa a nazi again, and then fuck chandra and lili again, killing the gatewatch, allying with Phyrexia again, to bring back Yawgmoth and Urza, and FINALLY
MAKE
MAGIC
GREAT
AGAIN

Can you guys fucking believe this?

Come on gatewatch isn't that bad

WotC has a policy of bringing back characters that died on stage. I think they explicitly said Yawgmoth is never coming back.

You are legitimately fucking stupid

Yes. There is an infinite 2 card combo that wins the game if it isn't disrupted.

idk both of them seem pretty overrated

>2 card
Thought it was 3 cards. Is there a new combo?

see

This is the worst set in MTG I have ever seen, and I've been playing a long time.

WotC will not be getting my money this set, and I predict that they are going to lose a lot of money if they keep thinking they can reprint watered down versions of everything and keep making cards worse and worse. I feel like the game is slowly being dumbed down.

???
I like a lot of the new cards, user. Maybe that's because I'm a shitter who plays standard and commander exclusively.

More respectable than me, I'm a Limited fag.

You're retarded. This is the strongest set since DTK.

Limited is fun, too! I just don't play as often. I was actually kind of depressed when I missed KLD prerelease.

huh, the rhino turned into an elephant

the lesson here is: If you see a Planeswalker at ~$5 buy a playset

Unless they're named Dovin Baan.

ehhhh... i actually like a fair number of cards. Q_Q

um wot

>almost sold off my Saheeli for $4 when I pulled her because LOL 3 MANA PLAINSWALKER
>figure I'd keep her in case any meme decks arose
Holy shit.

>reprint watered down versions of everything and keep making cards worse and worse
They quite literally printed what might be the best counterspell ever in this set.

>They quite literally printed what might be the best counterspell ever in this set.
Mana Drain is in the set?

Maybe he meant best cancel variant.

This is seriously one of the strongest sets I seen in a while, literally every color(minus red since they stopped reprinting lightning bolt of course) got a lot of goodies, plus a couple of the goodies are colorless, which basically means like smug copter and hangarback before that, will be used in all colors of decks that would want that card. I am building the shit out of Jund once I'm finished reuniting kids with their families in about a month.

>there's a possibility someone could disallow an aetherflux reservoir activation
delicious

This card have so much meme potential.

>the hype train have no break
>fuck railroading
>knock knock motherfucker

Anything cool at common? Always on the lookout for UW tron stuff.

>I'm too fucking stupid to understand foreshadowing

Gee, user, why would you search your library for a Bolas card in the set where we open a planar portal to a world where Bolas' evil is law?

Splinter-Erxarch was Standard legal and didn't do shit.
This one is worse for the simple fact that neither piece has flash.

I feel the set isn't really that good and they aren't really trying to up the power level of standard, they just din't think a reworked Morbid would be so powerful and interesting as it turns out to be.

Until proven wrong. I expect more +1/+1 counters and shittier Sunburst variants in Amonkhet.

Thats not objectively force of will. No other card says pay 2 cards and 1 life, unlose the game.

to be fair, splinter exarch was in the same standard as caw-blade

I hope you're right though. I sold my saheelis for $5 a piece

So what do we think of that w/b enchantment that makes token if you trigger revolt. I've been playing around a list and it's been real. Using the aethor born from kaladesh that sacs artifacts and yahenni males for a fun "combo". Srams expertise is really good.

I like the deck I just finding it hard trimming the fat. How much removal does a deck in standard need if it's going for a midrange plan?

>to be fair, splinter exarch was in the same standard as caw-blade
For all of one week. I don't think it made a huge splash after that, the only tools it had to protect itself were Mana Leak and Apostles Blessing. Additionally, with no redundancy through Kiki-Jiki and Memoricide being a sideboard card, from what I remember, it didn't really go anywhere.

Really want to put one of these on a sphere of resistance in Commander. But that would require playing a shitty format.

>Rules and rails are made to be broken.
God it's so stupid, I love it

>Crew 1
Is there some magic reason this couldn't be Crew 0?

they expect one of us in the wreckage

It will either be
>Chandra's mom
>gay granny
>tezzeret (semi likely)
>dovin baan (most likely)
>gay aetherborne
>gonti
>rashmi
>rashmi's assistant
>some garbage story character like shadowblayde (i want shadowblayde to bite the dust)

No jacetice league walkers will die or leave. Too important for marketing.

>No jacetice league walkers will [...] leave.
I guarantee you this will happen within 10 blocks.

Underrated post

fucking top kek

this is simply not true

>buy ~$5 walkers

Chandra's mom isn't going to make it. it was obvious as soon as she was spoiled.

I just got offered a playset of Baral for $18. Go for it?

>gameday playmat is of Ajani
>KLD's gameday mat was of Nissa
>Both have fucking nothing to do with Kaladesh and are foreigners to the plane
>Both are relatively completely uninvolved with what's going on, only helping because Chandra's home.
I simply do not understand.

I only do preleases but I have opened 7 planeswalker cards. 4 Chandras (various including 2 flip) and 3 Kiora.

Is Aetherborn Aristocrats going to be a thing guys? Seems kind of fun might build it if my deck doesn't pan out

Merchant's Dockhand and Metallic Rebuke are no brainers.
Whir of Invention could fetch Crackdown Construct, but honestly that's pretty meh.
You'd pretty much always cast Reverse Engineer for UU, but with all those clues it might not be worth the deck space.
Manabase is kinda stretched, but B for Battle at the Bridge is worth nogging over. And don't forget, Push is new meme.

Paradox Engine + Inspiring Statuary seems a bit shit. Neat tho.

So how viable would (removal) control be in this standard?
That blue expertise is quite nice.
First time that I've ever wanted to build a control deck, just to fuck with all these combos.

Very.

The sets no Pauper,
but there's only great removal
and only awful creatures.

My favourite spoiler for AER is Alley Strangler to provide another 3-drop for my Shady Person Waiting Around A Corner Watch Out! Kaladesh block tribal deck

First set Ive been interested in awhile. Lots of possibility for broken cards/combos due to "free shit". Might buy a box. Much more fun looking than kaledesh.

holy shit they weren't kidding about the new art director being a control freak. I look forward to five more black rogues in Amonkhet peeking around corners to show how sneaky they are. Hopefully one of them is named Lawless Back-Alley Lookout

Ajani has been helping widow grandma before Chandra got there.

alley strangler's art is so ridiculous. Is that assassin planning on strangling the guy right there? It's full of people

Reminder that they did this with Eye of Ugin and probably other stuff too. I think Eldrazi Temple too

>Missing the opportunity to say Gaytherborne

I want to see the other elder dragons come back
just for them to show up on amonkhet and go
>Bolas. Literally what the fuck bro.

When did the control freak art director get hired?

I don't think he's too bad. I mean the guy graduated summa cum laude from Pratt

mtgsalvation.gamepedia.com/Jeremy_Jarvis

>No standard thread
So what's Veeky Forums's plan during the combo apocalypse

Sideboard:
4x shock
4x dispel
4x natural state
3x horribly awry

it feels like it needs three fevered visions, maybe instead of the artifact

I don't understand the purpose of Baral there. Half the instants and sorceries cost 1 and there are no counterspells. Are there supposed to be more toys for him in the sideboard, or is reducing the cost of expertises and larger than life really worth the slot?

>Sideboard:
>3x fevered visions
>2x hope for giraphur
>2x horribly awry
>3x negate
>3x shock
>2x natural state

Baral makes 10 cards on the mainboard cheaper
and assuming this guy's sideboard
another five, and arguments can be had about shock

Can I 50 my opponent using Aetherflux Reservoir with this thing in play and just win?

you can't pay more than you have. magic doesn't often work on credit.

>WE'RE CHANGING BLOCKS TO BE 2 SETS BECAUSE 3 SETS DRAGS THE STORY OUT TOO MUCH
>OK NOW WE'RE GOING TO DRAG A BLOCK'S STORY OUT OVER 3 SETS

Where are the Orzhov when you need them?

Bolas is Aku?

Winning the game with extort before the aetherflux resiviour goes off.

change the shocks to incendiary flow

>Aetherborne are literally genderless mana constructs.
>WotC goes all out on how the race is 'nonbinary' (when what they actually mean is Agendered but whatever)
>This one is gay though
LITERALLY HOW

Magic writing is shit, this is a well established fact.

No one will die, and Dovin and Tess will escape. Stupid gay happy ending and the gaywatch heads to Egyptworld to fight Bolos.
Fucking SJW, never cater to them, when you do everyone loses.

One day we'll have a full on /m/ set brother

they've had 2 new ADs since

Just spent $100 on singles. Not sure how I feel. Better than buying a box, I guess, and I damn near have a complete deck, but it feels empty somehow.

Once you play with those puppies you'll feel better

Unless they suck, then you'll feel regret

Everything but the real estate for Esper Control with Yaheeni's Expertise to cheat in Saheeli Rai for the combo win if I need it, Torrential Gearhulks if I can't.

>going full rape kill rape
>being this much of a fucking teenager

Way to go making it abundantly clear that you probably weren't even alive when Urza was the focus of the story

Magic writing has always been pulp-tier schlock by hack writers. It was never great.

Yes

Not to mention that he's full on glowing.
It's like trying to mug someone covered in glowsticks

You made the right move user. I've been doing this for the past year instead of boxes and hot damn has it worked out way better. I hate having to try and beg for standard staples by shoving my trade binder at people.

what ones did you get?

I feel like the meta is too open to actually try and pick out the singles that are going to be playable

obviously some are really safe, like Fatal Push, but others I feel are more of a gambal and aren't sure fire things.

Interested on hearing what you were willing to pick up
also to anyone else if you were gonna spend $100 on singles what ones would you make sure to get?

looking at brewing aetherborn memes, but undecided on going sultai or if two colors would be best

can you deck beat a turn 4 or 5 instant win? I hope so.

>Implying Jeskai Cat combo will actually be relevant