"Dad, are we millionaires? I mean you were around when Bitcoin started and they're $1,000,000 a money now...

>"Dad, are we millionaires? I mean you were around when Bitcoin started and they're $1,000,000 a money now. Didn't you buy a few?"
>"No, I didn't know."
>"Oh. Well you bought many Ethereum right? I mean, that started later and they're $500,000 each."
>"N-no, I didn't."
>"...what about Lightcoin? I heard they were only thirty dollars one summer and now they're $250,000"
>"N-no..."
>"...but you bought Ripple right? I know you were playing with computer money when they were only less than a dollar and now they're $100,000. Tell me you bought lots of Ripple...?
>"..."
>"I hate you! Mommy said you're not even my real dad, that's why my skin looks like caramel"
*runs off crying*

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=rSunPgv-BnI&feature=youtu.be&t=5m12s
twitter.com/AnonBabble

ETH is the only one there that potentially could actually make it long-term, and even that's a stretch. Also there's no reason Ripple should ever be expensive for the purpose it serves. It's literally fucking useless otherwise

(Sorry I ruined your joke thread)

fuck i swear this summer I contemplated dropping everything and working for a year and putting it all into bitcoin, just to avoid this scenario.

>implying Ripple makes it to even $2
you know how many ripple there are? 100k is asinine

B-bitcoin will never hit 1 million...r-right?

>B-bitcoin will never hit 1 million...r-right?

Bitcoin's going to die and be replaced before that ever happens, hopefully by something that acts better as a real currency and does away with PoW for something else

>XRP at 100k
kek you'll be lucky if this shit breaks a dollar

what if bitcoin just acts as a store of wealth, like gold. even if transactions took a day, it wouldnt really matter. you could convert some of your bitcoins into something lighter for daily transactions or whatever.

at a 300m marketcap, does bitcoin have a flaw big enough that its gonna fall and be taken over by something better?

lots of old technologies stick around a long time with second layer solutions. and btc isn't even that old or hard to keep relevant. i betcha itll be easier to scale bitcoin decently enough than it was getting ethernet from 3 megs/s to 100 gigs/s

>what if bitcoin just acts as a store of wealth, like gold.
No reason to if there's a cryptocurrency that can act just like Bitcoin but better. Store of value concept only exists because that's the only thing people could come up with the justify Bitcoin's use

>does bitcoin have a flaw big enough that its gonna fall and be taken over by something better?
It's speed, forks (good in concept, terrible for a currency you want major adoption and stability for), and Proof of Work that I see as things that will hinder Bitcoin long term. People can say Bitcoin will continue to develop because it's software, but after seeing the shitshow that was BCH vs BTC I have no hope in significant changes ever coming to Bitcoin

each bank would need a couple thousand ripple at most to do transactions. This shitcoin is jew tier.

>what if bitcoin just acts as a store of wealth, like gold.

Do you know what's much better than gold that does nothing? Something that pays dividends.
That's going to be ETH after proof of stake.

>Lightcoin
kek

yup. it's a pretty amazing thing when you think about it. but no, cuz it's impractical for buying coffee, you're supposed to hate it. ridiculous.

>cuz it's impractical for buying coffee, you're supposed to hate it. ridiculous.

Bitcoin was originally developed to be a digital currency. It doesn't reasonably work as a currency

Imagine how much free shit you will get from airdrops for holding Eth too

cool inflation bro. BTC will still be better.

fine. well guess what. we already had this argument. and the result was the BTC and BCH split. your side has BCH now. that's what you should be devoting your energy to, not hating BTC. BTC is going its own direction.

>BTC will still be better.

Bitcoin's shit though. Not saying ETH is gonna be king though digital currency though, I don't think it will be

>your side has BCH now.

Both BTC and BCH are still fucking ass for various reasons

please explain why it is shit. do you have anything more to say other than
>muh fees
and
>muh transaction times
?

ETH guy supports pedophilia he’ll never make it passed lefty Twitter

Me too but being a neet is far too rewarding to go and get a job. I have turned 2k into 5k so far since summer though so meh. I have made mistakes and hopefully learned from them now too so fingers crossed in the next 6 months I can 10x that 5k and maybe once again in the next 6.
Or I fail and lose it all. Shit happens. I have everything I want in life anyway. the crypto is only money for any future kids and a house for them + schooling and shit. No crypto gains = no kids, oh well.

>(Muh) fees
>(Muh) transaction times
>Proof of work is shit and not sustainable which will be a debate to be had in the future
>Mining is pretty centralized (and even moreso for BCH)
>Hard forks cause confusion among normal people, and if a fork ever successfully overtakes Bitcoin even a few weeks later it would throw the entire market into disarray from people recently buying into the wrong Bitcoin on exchanges. Everything would crash from people would panic exiting

Why the fuck use Bitcoin if a crypto comes along that fixes those things outside of you hoping brand recognition will hold it up?

from people panic exiting*

then either satoshi fucked up by making 21m limit, encouraging holding because it can only go up so why would you spend it on anything, or he was looking at mass adoption many decades ahead when price finally stabilizes at some insane value (now irrelevant due to fiat death) and everything is priced in btc

I'm not event talking about the high volatility, that's expected of a currency hoping to reach mass adoption. It straight up doesn't work as a good currency with how long it takes to do a transaction (and the fees on top of that)

ask yourself why gold prevailed through all these centuries, when there other better stones or gems for the job, lighter and harder to fake

>Literally comparing technological developments that can be improved upon to be more effectively used in the modern era as actual currency to gold

thats why an alt will rule as substitute for fiat/cash, while btc will stay in store of value tier. You dont buy day to day shit with gold, brainlet

^ Pls newfriends dont listen to these people.

Its for large purchases now. Sorry for your coffee.

youtube.com/watch?v=rSunPgv-BnI&feature=youtu.be&t=5m12s

5:12

>store of value
this meme needs to die or only be fed to normies who naturally don't have an inquisitive bone in their bodies

>You dont buy day to day shit with gold, brainlet

What is with this obsession with being like gold? It was literally decided only because BTC isn't a good currency

cause its not a bad idea and normies will swallow that shit, fuck it join the train we going to 100000000000000 million