/kdm/kdmg/ - Kingdom Death General

THE KICKSTARTER IS DEAD
LONG LIVE THE KICKSTARTER

Old Thread: Kingdom Death is a company that makes a board game called Monster. That's hard to find in a google search though, so it's often just called Kingdom Death: Monster. It's a monster hunting board game which a campaign where you build up a small settlement of survivors.

No links needed anymore, if you haven't backed, you are too late. The game should be up for retail in 10 months. On Black Friday.

Other urls found in this thread:

gofundme
kickstarter.com/projects/poots/kingdom-death-monster-15/posts/1770500
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

All right, now the dust has settled, we should focus on the important thing:
when will my shirt get here?

Kind of strange the damage is localized yet benefit isn't. Still more interesting than my initial literal interpretation.

Post em

That's right folks. BLACK FRIDAY. You all are super jelly of that amazing deal I got, aren't you? :^)

you are drunk, the mind is slowed, but so is pain recognition

For $500, should have been there yesterday.

Alcohol fucks you brain up and makes your body less responsive to pain, this is the most literal interpretation I could come up with.

don't forget added intimacy roles

Yes, quick fun free game in one of the magazines. Worth finding a pdf of.

uh-huh.
Where is your OTHER pledge? :^)

I fucked up, you'll right.

I don't have another pledge. This is all I need to play the game, so I'm fine with getting just that.

This one probably

Memes aside, here is my actual main account pledge.

Was originally $777 tier, but decided I'd say fuck it and get the reprints. Ended up not actually being that much more, so it all worked out.

But god damn do I have my work cut out for me scanning all this shit.

Were any of the shirt designs revealed?

Frogdog was
I'm assuming gambler is the gambler head

>TTS user
The one everyone here seems to hate?

SInce you are getting reprints as well, will you be scanning the duplicate rulebooks as well?

No, the fucker who crowdfunded his pledge isn't around.

The add on doesn't really confirm, do I get one of each of the four, or can I just specify to get four elves?

you gonna try and update the TTS mod or just make an online resource so other people can print their own cards/books?

One of each

1 of each you doof

Nah. Other than namefaggong somethings. I just provide scans of cards. Some other guy took over making the mod, originally just reorganizing it and calling it his, then eventually stealing other people's models and scripts to add to it, and finally putting up a gofundme to get the game.

I don't actually mind, less work for me in making the mod. The gofundme was kind of stupid though.

read the most recent content pitch

A small change here, sure, but a very interesting one.

This shit + Leader = really, really good. And this on a survivor with Fist & Tooth Specialization is also fantastic. It's just a shame that the affinity on it didn't change any, though. Left facing green is really common.

He didn't even get enough for the Ancient Gold Lantern which he settled on when it became obvious he wouldn't get enough for a Satan's Lantern. Go here and laugh at him if you wish:
gofundme com/kingdom-death-monster-for-nognoth

I sent a customer service email just to be sure. Will post here with the response for any other elf fans

user it literally lists what you get in the last update it was featured in. You get one of each.

I think he's engaging in a gaff

It's Rime Time subedition.

I swear I'll stop tripfagging here in a day or so, but can you blame me for being excited that I came home to this?

Can't be bothered to screencap, I'm 125

>It's just a shame that the affinity on it didn't change any, though. Left facing green is really common.
And people tell me this game isn't balanced.

I remembered your request in the original thread, shocked me a bit to see Poots make an actual pinup of it.

new user, not baiting, just curious what all the hype is about? Good game masked in anime girls getting killed by tentacles?
>in before read the kickstarter

Dark Souls meets Monster Hunter.

>what is this
>inb4 don't spoonfeed

there have been a few obsessives since the reveal, I think they (one person?) are spergs who just fucking like elves

Hey /kdm/, let met tell you about the Golden Age of our settlement, which just came to and end.

YEAR 10 - Golden Age begins

>7 survivors left in the settlement, 4 we actively use
>Tilikum (male), Ezra (female), Iselyn (female), Green (male)
>Tilikum is unexceptional but experienced and working his way towards Axe Mastery
>Ezra is fully armored with good stats, but lost most of her experience and weapon proficiency when the Phoenix essentially made her a newborn
>Iselyn carries the whole party : she inherited the Twilight Sword from the Hooded Knight a few years ago, is slowly working her way towards mastery, is fully armored, and is Immortal, which means she only takes Insanity damage and has a fuckton of that being crazy all the time
>Green isn't doing much
>we get invaded by the King's Man
>kill him, Green inherits his curse which warps his body into armor and slowly change him into another King's man
>we go hunt a lvl2 Lion
>during the Hunt, we gain understanding after seeing a statue of it, we kill one of its cubs in cold blood and don't even suffer retaliation, then we fight it
>we crush it without much problem, Iselyn becomes even better with her sword
>green gets his arms fucked up by the King's Curse

YEAR 11 - The great culling and fucking

>an edgelord named The Hand come into our settlement
>he threatens to kill our most experienced survivor, Iselyn, unless we challenge him
>we look at his abilities and he's an anime motherfucker which we have no chance to beat
>we send 3 unnamed survivors at him, and Green, and they die (unsurprisingly) but it also means we have to face him again in 2 years, in a stronger version
>at least Iselyn is saved
>settlement population is 3, and we'll lose if we don't make babies because there's no way we can beat The Hand in two years
>the Fuckening commence
>we innovate Face Painting, which we can use to give us +1 to intimacy rolls
>we use two Love Juices and 8 augury to trigger the Intimacy event no less than 6 times

Not likely, but we will see. My personal rule of thumb is to not scan the rulebooks of it. It's too much of a hassle compared to the cards, which are already a hassle themselves.

Plus the rulebooks in the mod kinda suck. I'll try to pick the scripts apart, but it's been years since I actually did anything with my CompSci degree, so I have no idea how easy that will be.

You scanned the rulebooks last time right? Any chance you went all in and are willing to do it again? Congrats on the mini, by the way. Clearly I should goad people into making my best survivor, Chad the Inhaler.

Monster Hunter gameplay (hunt monsters, wear their parts as armor) mixed with X-Com style base building set in the world of the eclipse in Berserk.

It's this, and it's spectacular

>Tilikum is the last male, so he fucks Ezra and Iselyn over and over again like the alpha stud he is, sending the settlement population from 3 to 11 in a single year
>one of the newborn is a Savior
>4 of them will be killed in two years as a sacrifice to the Hand
>thanks to resources gained on the previous hunt, Tilikum gets a phoenix chest armor and waist armor to protect his invaluable balls which sired most of the settlement
>we go hunt a lvl2 lion again
>Eros, son of Iselyn and Tilikum and first product of the huge orgy, joins the departing survivors
>on the way to it, we find a Crucible in an ancient tomb, which will eventually allow us to craft Guts's sword
>a QT survivor we meet joins our party, giving Tilikum +1 to accuracy for the upcoming fight
>Iselyn drinks from a strange cauldron after cooking a Lonely Ant in it, and gains +3 proficiency on her Twilight Sword, making her truly devastating if she wasn't already
>we tear the lion apart unsurprisingly
>get one of the resources we've been looking for for a while now, the Cat Eye

YEAR 12 - The end of the golden age

>go back to settlement
>two events trigger : choosing a conviction and Hooded Knight's return, the one who gave Iselyn the Twilight Sword
>pure dread falls onto us when we realize we have 50% chance of losing our massive stock of over 20 resources
>thanks to divine intervention we don't
>Iselyn, Tilikum and Ezra have a chance to become ageless, none of them do which is a huge disappointment
>still manage to craft one ageless ring intended for Tilikum
>duel with Hooded Knight happens
>Iselyn tears his shit apart, gaining Mastery in her Twilight Master
>we realize to our horror it means she must leave the settlement for a higher purpose
>our best survivor leaves us forever to become some edgy hood knight
>the Twilight Sword becomes her son's, Eros, which is still disgusted by it
>the future is now uncertain
>tfw

>the Inhaler
sounds more like Stacy.

how many people got cold feed on their shit in total i wonder?

5/10 pic Needs fresher Veeky Forums memes. Thank you for using my quote though

>nic cage
He better watch out for honeycomb weaver...

I lost my initial BFL trying to get a satan, life as a pleb.

I'm an embarrassing mess of awe and appreciation right now.

>You scanned the rulebooks last time right?
Anons did that, certainly.
> Any chance you went all in and are willing to do it again?
I went 777 pledge, and can't comment on that.

I don't trip often, typically only for the Veeky Forumsmas threads in December when I have shit to give out. (Sorry that I couldn't do Veeky Forumsmas this year, money's been pretty bad and only just now getting real income)

I spent 750$ (Ancient gold lantern), when and if the pledge manager happens can you then add extra stuff to your order?

If that is Alexandra daddario, she would make an excellent choice for a live action Kingdom Death.

So what was the deal with that character? I wasn't in that thread and don't want to search. Poots made an appearance and you presented your goofy fan wank?

ffs no one knows.

read the faq, m8

They asked for art of their survivor OC, a thicc dude turned futa by the belt of genderswap, which is now worn across their chest whitespeaker style.

Poots made the character canonical, and is now part of the Wanderer system in the Gamblers Chest, like the crossover promos.

If they restock the store I really hope they bring back some of the older models, regardless of rules or if they have to be resin.
I need that steel menace

who's the redhead titcow from /tv/? She is a walking KD pinup

Christina Hendricks, and seeing her wearing only belts would either be amazing or a cottage cheese factory

It's an OC that I decided to name a survivor after in a campaign. They got vestiphobia, then later the belt. Decided that it's going to be used as a top, because it was clever.

Some time later, I requested art of her in a KDM thread, and was fulfilled.

Sometime later after that, during emails with Poots about ways to improve things like supply management and fighting scalping, I just showed him the art as well for kicks.(which I did indeed specify that it was drawn by user for me; the belt of TG and Veeky Forums thing was apparently a coincidence I never considered until I saw someone last thread mention it)

It's not that deep, of a story, really. Poots has been a rather swell guy with me in general as far back as the first KDM kickstarter.

Huh, well good for you. I would love to see how many actual sales that thing makes other than for completionists

I don't recall asking for any futa for that request.

should be to here
Did your survivor have an actual glorious career, making the model a lucky omen; or she die terribly and we should shun using the miniature?

Is that a butcher? That's awesome, was it a promo?

It's a Forsaker

Do you have any inkling what the fighting art or gear card would be? Something from that thread or from the emails that might have been used?

it would make a great alternative butcher, or level 3 named butcher

that's the forsaker my dude

If the base were smaller it could be used with the new Butcher armor set.

That campaign didn't get to finish due to hiatus, everyone involved having shit coming up for different reasons.

This campaign was into at least late teens, perhaps early 20s for lantern years. Rime had not died yet, but was about as mean of an evasion-tank as possible, which is tough to do when you're prohibited from armorsets due to vestiphobia.

Poots surprised me with this and I have not really talked to him bout much of the character in detail. The ONLY thing I can perhaps think of is something involving Monster Grease, since I made Pic Related to go with the original request. I'm going to try and contact him about if I may have any input on the gameplay content, be it thematics or mechanics, but if I'm asked to NDA then I'll honor that.

Hit my limit

It's what the butcher used to be.

Be sure to ask him what he meant by this

Went for BF Gold right away, then Satan for a day or two until I realised that no, actually, I can't spend that much money right now; I need a computer right now, not those fantastic minis in four year's time ;_;

At least I can lord it over all ye bandwagoners!

>doesn't already have the core game
A giant among midgets

That Mastercard Tho...

i sure hope you have friends that are down to play that with you

I'm pretty social. So I have at least 3 groups interested. Two 4 mans and one 6 man.

But I will likely do a few solo runs.

And I plan to make a guide on how to make a quick and simple character setup and gear slot guide for a "Pick up & Play" feel.

Anyone got the Watamote pinup picture? I can't find it among all the updates.

well call me caitlyn, that's deep

So did I miss an update somewhere or did poots only reveal 2 of the cheat squares in the gambler chest? The Goblin Knight guy and hte Magma Masochist

Anyone get charged yet?

You missed some updates yes. The other two were Tough Guy and Shadowstalker.

Cheers user. Those cheat squares are rad - the GK and MM are some of the coolest minis in KD in my opinion.

I'm assuming thats pond scum
kickstarter.com/projects/poots/kingdom-death-monster-15/posts/1770500

Charges don't happen till Monday. A Business day

???

Ever heard of reassignment surgery?

Yes

Yes it is.
Domo arigato, user

That pelvis will be glorious in 3d hard plastic.

I'm dense, what am I looking at?
did your character genderswap because his dick was mangled or something?

damn, son. That brings the estimates of pledges dumped before Zero Hour to 1k

One thousand homesteaders.

Added 40 extra to my Gold Lantern pledge. Best add-on(s) to choose with that?

lol wtf did you get?

how can you afford that?