Can the Imperium at its peak, with the Emperor and the Primarchs...

Can the Imperium at its peak, with the Emperor and the Primarchs, beat the Forerunner Ecumene from Halo in a full-scale war?

Other urls found in this thread:

halopedia.org/Mantle's_Approach
forums.spacebattles.com/threads/forerunner-feat-thread.236388/#post-8717755
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Well, if I remember my Lore correctly.....

The Precursor-Humans managed to hold their own in a two-front war against both the Forerunners and The Flood for several centuries, and were even able to force The Flood to strategically withdraw, until the Forerunners finally managed to BTFO Precursor-Humans and then got their face smashed in by The Flood.

So.... it's "possible" that peak Imperium would be able to hold their own against the Forerunners.

The "issue" however, is a matter of scale when it comes to space-based combat between fleets. Halo ships, on average, are significantly smaller than their equivalent-class counterparts in Warhammer 40k and tend to fight in 'knife-fight' range in comparison to the 'submarines in space' that Warhammer 40k typically is, though 'knife-fight' range does happen quite often as well.

This size discrepancy, funnily enough, actually helps the forerunner ships due to the fact the smaller, on average, size combined to their potentially faster real-space speed makes using the IoM's primary ship-board weaponry against them very difficult to do at any appreciable range.

Wait. Do we have any evidence of how powerful Forerunner ships are? I know they had the technical power to turn matter into data and back again, but no specific ship-feats to speak of.

And what's this "small ships" meme? A Halo isn't anything to fuck with.

>Halo has smaller ships
>Halo
>A series named after a series of forerunner constructs that were the size of planets

Uh

... you guys aren't familiar with the absurdity that is Warhammer 40k scale are you? I won't delve into the autistic grognard details, but the average ship in Halo is around what, 1-2km long at the largest, yeah?

The average Imperial cruiser (Lunar or Dictator variants in this case) are around 5km long, 800m abeam at the widest point, and have a crew of 95,000.

Stuff in Warhammer 40k is big. Ridiculously big. It's built on a foundation of 70s-80s BIGGER IS BETTER, DIAL TO 11 scale and metal themes.

Forerunner seekers can lift entire Chunks of a planets surface and drop it again. Seekers are fighter jet sized craft. Forerunner capital ships are probably magnitudes more powerful.

Regarding size, didacts ship Mantle Approach is 80 miles x 160 miles. That's quite a bit larger than any ship in the imperium.

What holds the foterunners back in a fight against the imperium is that there's no psychic powers or magic in Halo so they'd be unprepared for the Emps or psykers depicted their tech advantage.

That size ship is a speck to didacts ship

halopedia.org/Mantle's_Approach

>you guys aren't familiar with the absurdity that is Warhammer 40k scale are you?
No, you're just a dumb faggot who can't into reading comprehension.

I specifically was talking about the Halos. Which are gargantuan. Also, what said about the Didact's ship.

No, the Forerunner Ecumene are on another level entirely and routinely made use of completely crazy shit that renders the more impressive feats of the Imperium really, really lackluster. This is not to say the Forerunners are better written or anything, before somebody takes offence, but seriously, they were written to be completely off the wall insane in terms of tech,

As impressive as the forerunners are
, Silentium slowly builds up the precursos until it reveals they are full blown eldritch gods that existed before time and stars.

who then lost to the forerunners after they thew a bitch fit at them choosing the ancient humans over them for the mantle

Halos aren't ships, they're artificial words, you overblown twat.

Reading comprehension doesn't matter one lick when you can't communicate more clearly than my retarded cat.

I don't know.

I think they intentionally lost as it was a new experience for them. They were functionally immortal anyway.

>Ragspike Lifounderson

Ragli Underfoundersson

>Beardbeard

>crossover threads
Extreme autism and I like both halo and 40k

>Raggoldlihill

>Ragkarl Spikehelm
Noice.

Bolgar Runeholme

According to the Forerunner tiers of technological advancment, The Imperium of Man was a tier 2 civilization categorized by FTL travel/communication. Forerunners were tier 1 which is the hard cap of technology in the Halo Universe. Any tier higher is purely theoretical and is Eldritch-God level.

Radgood Fanhands

Are the Covenant also Tier 2?

>Wilhammer Garshield
The Legendary Blacksmith!!!

k

Fuck off faggots were actually discussing /tg shit

>my setting is better than yours!
>not autistic

Can't we just assume that because Forerunners can't cuck the UNSC that they don't stand a chance at cucking the Imperium?

Urist!

Bolhardt Hammerholme.

Yes. Humans scratch the surface of tier 2 and the covenant are only at this level due to piggybacking off of the Forerunners. To get the scale of a Tier 1 civilization, they were able to create entire planets, fully-sentient AI with the computing power to rival entire civilizations (each), and destroy all sentient life in the galaxy with 11 space stations while simultaniously saving all sentient life.
If the UNSC fought the Forerunners at anypoint excpt after the firing of the Halo Rings, the UNSC would have no possible way to win. In Halo 4, there was only one Forerunner ship and it was boarded by a guy with plot armor

Crossover faggots BTFO when?

How would the IoM react to an AI of the capacity of Mendicant Bias?

I am not an expert on 40k as my knowledge of it mostly comes from AGP and Emprasque, but there would be no words describing their terror. Now compare Mendicant Bias to Offensive Bias. Outnumbered 2183:5, Offensive stood on equal footing and delayed Mendicant long enough for the Halo Array to fire

You mean the Void Dragon?

While the void dragon is a god, an AI of the level of Mendicant Bias would be able to tear the Imperium asunder. For starters, a large part of the Mechanicus would scism as Mendicant could easily be seen as a machine god. Also, no computer system would be able to withstand the computational power of a Contender Class ancila

From what I'e heard about the numbers of ships each use, the IoM would probably be outnumbered in space (and likely vastly outnumber the Forerunners on the ground).

The two would probably have superweapons on roughly similar power levels, though IDK about the strength of average ships. I know the UNSC MAC cannons were at one point retardedly powerful but have been nerfed, presumably any figures relating to Forerunner weapons from pre-nerf times (if we had any) have also been changed.

Also, is this supposed to be a question of what they'd be able to bring to the fight while still dealing with their various neighbors (mainly a problem for the IoM unless this is during the Forerunner war with the Humans or Flood) or do they only have to worry about each other?

>Durli Hammerbattle
A little over the top but I can live with it

Can the Imperium at its peak, with the Emperor and the Primarchs, beat the Batman with prep time? What if he had an Iron Man armor made of vibranium?

>Ragnar Firehand
By fire be purged!

Yes

What if he had more preptime?

Yes

Rolling

Rolling second time

Rolled 44 (1d100)

Rolled 99, 23 = 122 (2d100)

Rad.

Rolled 25 (1d100)

rollin

Why do you keep trying to derail this thread?

rollin

Rolled 56, 74, 36, 17, 66, 67, 24, 78, 64, 50, 80, 38, 10, 9, 46, 4, 46, 89, 9, 28, 90, 53, 6, 60, 67 = 1167 (25d100)

Fuck off

Rolled 79 (1d100)

>it's "Thread is derailed by random tables" episode again
We could get something interesting from this one, though

Hagmac Fanshield

Wow that's lame.

Like I said, F̨̮̗̹̘ͯ̏̍͋͐ͧ̓̋̒̌̉̑͑̿̀̚͘Ū̴̵̴̡͖̻̖̙͎̻̺̼̰̍̒ͦͫͣ͛̆ͯ͊͌͆̀̿̚͜C̶̷̡̗̼͓̭͒̊͑̌̑͋ͬͫ̌̐̈̽͛̋͜Ḳ̴̴̙̘͎͔̙̟̙̮̘͈̳͙̟̺͆ͤͫ̇͟͡ ̶̷̷̙̥̹̥̘͉̪̘̯̮̺͖̗̿ͮͧ͑̿̎͆ͧ̐ͦ͑ͧ͛ͦ̐͌̀͡Ơ̢̨̘̠̗̤̲̣̱̙̥͚̙̿͂̑̈̿͞F̢̘͇̳̻̻̬̯̹͎̭͉̘̬̣ͤ̆ͧͭ̎͆̉͆́̕͝F̷ͫ̂̈́̇͗̏̓͘͏̲̟̣͉̩̰̘̥̥̦͇̫͢,̢̹̩̲̞̞̪͚̰̮͕̬̹̯̒̆̍̒̃̓̃ͯ̚̕ ̡̫͖̣͖̦̩̮͉ͣͪ́͐͛͠T̆͂ͮ͛̈́͏̡̝̻͈̳͙̗͖͕̭̺̩̩̗͍͉̠̻̰́ͅHͣ̎̃ͬͨ͗ͯ̔͂̉͗̎ͮ̅̄҉̘̹̜̪̫̖̜̯̤̜̖̫͉̰̹ͅI̢̹̥̙̤̗͙͈͎̱̫̘̱̭̻̬͉͙̍ͤ̊͊ͮ̔͌ͧSͫ̉̆̓̈́͒͏̶̧̰̱̜̝̪̰̼͙̭̝̳͈̙͈̖̟́́ ̶̦͕̱͉̤̰̹̳̗̜̺̠̟̦͎̻̣͖ͭ͗ͮ̎͒͒ͣ̽̊̈́̐͗ͩ̾ͪ̎̍̑̕S̨̙̙̹͚̩̪̱̮̳͔̖͉̣͊ͤ̊ͭͫ̔ͫ̒͆͛ͤ̀́ͮͯ̑͝E̴̿͂͌ͮ̎ͤͮ̿ͦ̉͋̆͜͟҉͕̙̹̟̝͓̲̙̻͇̯͕̟͍̫͎͈ͅR̶̯̞̫̖͓͈̰̰̜͖̺ͨͨͯ͑͌̓͝V̊͛̇́̚͝҉̙͓̬̖͓͖͍͎͎̳̤̟̙̩͎͕͜E̋̏ͬ͐͑ͧ͌͌̊҉̴̺͎̤͕͎͍̺̹̖̣S̋̑ͭ̔̈́̌̚͏̯̲͉̖ ̨̱͖̯̤͖̞͚̈ͭ̈́̋̍̅̉͛̄͐̈́̑̉͟N̶̰̮͉̥̜͓̜̳̜͕͎͈̯̣̘̩͂̂̃͊ͬ͒ͦ̽ͮ̅̋͊̃̐̆ͭ͡Ȯ͂͐̂̃̈̎̌ͬ̈́̃͗̈̓̚҉̸̖̩͚͓̖̘͘͢͟ ͎͚͓͔͍̮͍̹̂̃ͩͭ̏̓͘͠ͅP̝͙̯̩͙̥͔͔̈́̆ͮ͌̊̾͗ͩ̊ͣ̅ͫ͆ͮ͘͢U̵̬͈̳̪͎̥̳̯͙͉̝͎̍̈́ͣ͒̎̓̽͜R̉̏̎͗̓̌̽ͨ̀̂̓̄̇̎̐̊ͨ͏̡̹̹̰̬̤̖̭̼̥̼̝̠̝̝̦͚̘̥͘͘͠P̮͎̺̞̺͚͈͉͎̻̻̆̊̇ͦͫ͛̂ͣ̇͌ͪ̐́͡O̴͖̞̮͍̖̬͖̥̹͚̤͍̹͕̫̣̖̹͆̉ͬ͒̚S̡̭̤̙̙̗̻͓̻̬̹̩̮̥͍̟͉̤̰ͣ͂͌̈́͐̈́̓̔̔̌̾̍̚͘ͅE̴̸̛̥̭̦͉̯̝̥͍̣͖̦͍ͫ̓ͣ̌̄̋ͦͯ̈̀ͯ̀̚͟ͅ

>Wilhammer Narsmith

>Hagnar Beardbrew

Rolled 95 (1d100)

Dice are fun

please be elf

well fuck

Rolled 61 (1d100)

rollin

>Urin Beardbeard

Hag-Gold-in-Beard

Fantastic generator. Saved.

Rallin

Boohooohooo
Re-roll

The first half/second half text is in the wrong place. First half of last name has second halves in the list and second half of first name has first halves in the list.

The IoM and Precursor-Humans have nothing in common except that they're both Humans. To say that they have the same tech-level, culture and so on based on that is strange.

rolling with the might of my ancestors!

>Reinhardt Hammerholme
i'm keeping that one.

edgy shit

Thorhardt Runehelm

Roll

Thorgar Hammerholme

Ragin Bloodbeard

Bolhardt Beardstone

Urkarl Goldsmith

>Balin Axe-Battle

I'm not really sure when the Empire peaks - Dark Age, just pre Heresy or later when they get their shit together again.
But this is the thing: Let's assume an Empire that gets its shit together and keeps its shit together. No Primarchs going bad. Building up every system to have forges and people and food production. Actual tech development. A Webway. Gradually starving and reducing the Warp storms.
We're talking maybe 10 million systems, 100 billion people per system, enormous GDP per capita, and that's low balling it.
Billions of warships. A trillion Astartes. A quadrillion Guard and the Navy to project force.
At last near Dark Age tech excluding the things that didn't work. The Psychic Race coming into its right.
Orks are out. Tyranid Swarms are being chewed up thousands of light years out.

The Imperium is still fucked. Bungee got Greg Bear to wank that shit for them.

No. Dark Age of Technology mankind would lose too.

Only the old Eldar and Necrontyr empires were comparable to the Forerunners.

bud.

>No. Dark Age of Technology mankind would lose too.

You have no idea how ridiculous DAoT was do you?

They had ships that could fire black holes, and warp space and time around them to ensure the black holes hit their targets. And there were indications that these weapons could be fired in rapid succession.

DAoT is what happens when you finish science.

>They had ships that could fire black holes, and warp space and time around them to ensure the black holes hit their targets. And there were indications that these weapons could be fired in rapid succession.

That's not particularly impressive compared to some of the higher-end Forerunner stuff, such as the Halo Array that could destroy all sentient life in the galaxy with the push of a button once they were in position. It ended up reaching a point where the higher-end Halo factions didn't even need to send ships in except as control and counter presences, there were more than a few 'destroy an enemy system or planet by catapulting a device through hyperspace at them from lightyears away' weapons.

Haghelm Machelm.

At least my head is well protected.

>They had ships that could fire black holes, and warp space and time around them to ensure the black holes hit their targets. And there were indications that these weapons could be fired in rapid succession.

The Speranza, the sole ship with that technology, was a one of a kind miracle of science even by DAoT standards. In the story its from it is noted that nothing else the DAoT produced is like it, and it was likely utterly unique. Its weapons may have had more to do with the unique intelligence that inhabited it than anything else, which was apparently almost mystical in that it would survive the destruction of the ship as a presence of pure intellect.

Most DAoT stuff is just 40K shit but more efficient. Standard Templates for things like lasguns and land raiders exist because DAoT mankind used that stuff.

Not him but I really, really fucking hate when memers bring up the Halo array when they want to talk about weapons.

It's total fucking bullshit. The halo array is NOT a wartime weapon against anything but the flood.

It's just a thing that you put specific DNA in and then it wipes out that DNA in the galaxy. Forerunner DNA was in there as well, so it's not a weapon they can just "use," it's Samson option suicidal bullshit.

Master Builder Faber literally used a Halo multiple times on system setting to wipe out populations and punish uprisings.
He only stopped because other forerunners got butthurt about it. If they wanted they could port them around and tweak the power settings.

It's not DNA based because if they missed a species then the flood would still be able to take over. It was neural physics based which is a handwave for any species with any capability for sentient thought is somehow wiped out by the arrays beam.

>Bolnar Doomsmith

Time to rain thunderous fury and murderous rage upon my enemies with my engines of destruction.

No furries please.

Thorkarl Goodsmith

>Thordoom liholme

> From those inner secrets, Forerunners have prodded sufficient power to change the shape of worlds, move stars, and even to contemplate shifting the axes of entire galaxies. We have explored other realities, other spaces—slipspace, denial of locale, shunspace, trick geodetics, natal void, the photon-only realm called the Glow.
They also could make time bubbles as large as worlds where time passed orders of magnitude different from real time.

>Precursor-Humans
>Imperium
Nope.
Precursor are more like humanity from dark age of technology.
And dark age humanity could probably bitch slap Empire with Emperor, and after a war they would shift focus to consumer oriented economy while remnants of Empire would be galaxy biggest anime producer, and emperor would stop being divine as result of peace treaty.

>Gimhelm Macsmith

ehh

forums.spacebattles.com/threads/forerunner-feat-thread.236388/#post-8717755

No.

Emps and company aren't even on the same level.
Forerunners have all kinds of ridiculous shit, ringworlds being among the more tame megastructures they built.

It wasn't precursor humans in the sense that humans were precursors or even allied with the precursors. They were holed up in their capital world which had precursor buildings and tech. Using that they were able to stall their utter ruin by the forerunners for 50 years.

The precursors themselves had been gone for 10 million years after early forerunners wiped them out.

Rolled 18 (1d100)

rolling

Rolled 36 (1d100)

So much roll again