My anime soundtrack totally fits our fantasy game, guys. Stop ruining the fun!

>My anime soundtrack totally fits our fantasy game, guys. Stop ruining the fun!

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/vVYCU2dhwIY
youtu.be/EHO1yefqor8
youtu.be/qsfRmlrIBPk
youtube.com/watch?v=iS-npAstKBo
youtu.be/iL5P7MlXX4I?t=226
youtube.com/watch?v=NrkseDVRnt8
youtube.com/watch?v=v6aN04YAH4U
youtube.com/watch?v=n249VAq0KWw
youtube.com/watch?v=8PvebsWcpto
youtube.com/watch?v=FWO5Ai_a80M
beatport.com/track/valse-en-decomposition-raoul-sinier-recomposition/3015272
youtube.com/watch?v=fzhL6oL17wo
youtube.com/watch?v=LJGqRhIOvVc
youtube.com/watch?v=nSxhiNpgiuE
youtube.com/watch?v=01BtRCnprbE
youtube.com/watch?v=NLAiMmyiPEQ
youtube.com/watch?v=SlZ0i7fmh-k
youtube.com/watch?v=WT5otucTGW4
youtube.com/watch?v=4kjeWGQ175g
youtube.com/watch?v=M-i6tnkxWX0
youtube.com/watch?v=pwHuEDCM7xs
youtube.com/watch?v=mAH7CLUmvhE
youtube.com/watch?v=OmOe27SJ3Yc
youtube.com/watch?v=Dgh6fDayDTI
youtube.com/watch?v=jIfu2A0ezq0
youtube.com/watch?v=4WXYjm74WFI
youtube.com/watch?v=1vrEljMfXYo
youtube.com/watch?v=yQIJuu3N5EY
youtube.com/watch?v=LRyrWN-fftE
youtube.com/watch?v=5_nYgeYc90g
youtube.com/watch?v=-1sbZ66UMqc
youtube.com/watch?v=c0N8NpwHJyw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I'll tolerate music (low volume, no modern rap). I can tolerate text messaging and phone calls. But if you turn the tv on and get distracted, ill put my boot in your pooper

I stopped playing music during campaigns after one of my players insisted that the rap song that they played on their phone fit just as well as the music I was playing.

That being said, it depends on the anime soundtrack and the game, but I can see

youtu.be/vVYCU2dhwIY
youtu.be/EHO1yefqor8
or even
youtu.be/qsfRmlrIBPk

all working for a fantasy campaign under certain circumstances.

>Play music
>"What's this shit? I bet is from one those animoos"
>It was LotR soundtrack
My fucking fault for inviting a fucking normie

>rap song
That's an oxymoron. Rap is nothing more than percussive poetry, and even under that definition we find trouble calling it 'poetry'.

Why does Veeky Forums hate anime so much? I'm pretty sure its a tsundere thing.

Last time we used music it went well. It was a instrumental version of the DM's punk band while we were waging war against the Noble in charge of the city.

et tu, oxygenated moron?

If you think music can't be appropriate just because it has been used in anime you have problems.

youtube.com/watch?v=iS-npAstKBo

The problem is two-fold
The first is simply that despite this being a Mongolian Finger Painting Board, lots of people came to Veeky Forums and just Veeky Forums from elsewhere, and either don't know or care about how this board came to be.

The second is that outright weeaboos make awful cringe worthy characters, and they do it in-fucking-cessantly. This makes people resent the source material, as opposed to the autists who take shit to stupid fucking directions.

There are bad players who treat the game like a Vidya, but no one blames all Vidya for it. It's fucking stupid either way. Blame the stupid fucking autists.

Veeky Forums is OK with anime.
nu/tg/'s /pol/ immigrants and newfags hate everything though.

some really good music has been used in anime
youtu.be/iL5P7MlXX4I?t=226

>Blame the stupid fucking autists.
Pretty much, people who are overly obsessive about anything will represent their fanbase badly.

I also blame people who don't realize there's a shitty part of literally every fanbase or thing, even the thing they love.
Or those who think the shitty part of the thing they like is somehow better than the shitty part of the thing they don't like, when both are fucking awful.

I agree entirely.

See: Warhammer (all kinds). As far as I've been made aware, the 40k general's a cesspit. The worst parts of the fandoms can shit up all the generals though.

I usually use Witcher or other fantasy game shit for music.

However, I did use an extended version of this song for a encounter revolving around the PC's camp being hunted at night by pack tactics Velociraptors. Fits surprisingly well.

youtube.com/watch?v=NrkseDVRnt8

here, and I agree.

This stuff is relative (most of the time). Essentially, that sort of shit is the reason why fandoms of all kinds can't have nice things - more specifically, it's why creators, writers, etc. are so skittish about doing stuff to please the fans. The morons'll just fuck it up and blame the [insert creative occupation here] for something that's their own damn fault.

/rant

There's plenty of poetic and lyrical rap. Don't be a snob.

>we

found the Veeky Forums fag

Like... the whole thing?

>I'll play Wagner on background of our games because I'm neo-nazi and Hitler like him

So you've just never listened to good rap? Sounds like it's time for you to listen to some immortal technique.

N E C K B E A R D

>good rap

Which seems to belong to the same category of things that are impossible to find but totally exists as bigfoot, honest politician, and alien intelligence.

My DM is fond of using the Umineko soundtrack. Especially when we fuck up. It's pretty good, to be honest.
youtube.com/watch?v=v6aN04YAH4U

You did say "It's from Lord of the Rings" to him, right?
He got mad and/or flustered when you said that, right?

Veeky Forums loves anime. Don't judge us by the worst of us.

We don't love all anime, and you can love anime too much, but there's a huge list of great series that if you don't love, you're basically outing yourself as having shit taste.

>i like all music except country and rap
>my favorite bands are metallica, slipknot and korn

>Oh great, you brought your guitar and your repertoire of 2 & half songs you'll ineptly strum through directly into my ear throughout the entire session.

Why would you dislike country AND rap? What's the relationship?

Not him, but momorapst rap is shit and all of it ultimately comes from a toxic prison/ghetto culture, and even the "good" songs suffer from this. Country is a perfectly fine and acceptable example of folk music.

My contextless greentext totally makes sense, guys

>good rap

He said he only remembered the epic fight tracks not the "faggy" ones as some kind of excuse.

If you really believe that an entire genre is incapable of being good you deserve your shitty opinion.

People have not been coming to Veeky Forums for anime since 2008 if not much earlier.

It can be, depends on what he's saying. It'd have to be lyricless for a start. Some stuff from Grimgar would fit the quieter parts of a D&D campaign pretty well, but that's pretty much cherry picking on my part as Grimgar pretty much is a D&D campaign. Honestly, saying it can't be used because it came from an anime is pretty dismissive of you, I sincerely hope you only use sonnets penned earlier than the 1800's.

The first one is a bit overdramatic to my tastes, but there are time for that.
Second is fine, reasonably fit in background.
Third is light and joyful, sounds very "RPG hero hometown".

>heroes comeback soundtrack

Sure make a great high tension music for pursuits.

Not sure what to make of this one to be honest. I like it but where does your DM put it in your game?

youtube.com/watch?v=n249VAq0KWw

Newfags who think they're the majority.

both fantasy and anime soundtracks are mostly gay shit designed for tasteless audience....

So is all music in the universe.

>he doesn't watch Veeky Forums related anime

The only appropriat music for fantasy setting is Dungeon Synth any other awnser is objectively wrong.

>and alien intelligence
OK, despite not liking rap you're actually retarded.

>good rap

It's a /pol/ thing, please don't pay it any attention.

Most of them don't, I don't personally care, but it has no place in fantasy, and forcing it on other people is annoying. Much like forcing anime hatred is annoying.

>nu-
>calls anyone else a newfag

if i hear one more violin song with a choir chanting backed up by fucking guitar and drums i will personally find all of you and gut your cats

>Country is a perfectly fine and acceptable example of folk music.

youtube.com/watch?v=8PvebsWcpto

My nigga Andre Rieu. Classy AF

Anime music doesnt fit fantasy. Period.

>There is no such thing as fantasy anime.
>Only media of European origin based on exclusively European history, mythology and philosophy can be classified as fantasy.
>Last week my DM introduced angels into the campaign, and I told him there is no place for Semitic monsters in a fantasy setting, but he was too plebeian to understand.
>It's not easy being this enlightened.

I fucking hate that shit so much.

>Dark Heresy
>Shootout in a bar that's meant to be all gansta like.

>I start humming the Cantina music
>Someone finds their mobile
>youtube.com/watch?v=FWO5Ai_a80M

>not getting weird with it

You either go all the way, or none of the way.

beatport.com/track/valse-en-decomposition-raoul-sinier-recomposition/3015272
youtube.com/watch?v=fzhL6oL17wo
youtube.com/watch?v=LJGqRhIOvVc
youtube.com/watch?v=nSxhiNpgiuE
youtube.com/watch?v=01BtRCnprbE
youtube.com/watch?v=NLAiMmyiPEQ
youtube.com/watch?v=SlZ0i7fmh-k

admittedly I only play horror stuff, might be biased.

The worst players DMs will ever encounter all share a burning passion for anime. Is it any wonder why it has been tainted by association by all of Veeky Forums?

>not playing Rebirth the Edge for your final bosses
Do you even hero?

The worst players, by far, are those who dislike anime, because you need to be a special kind of idiot to hate such a broad and expansive medium in its entirety.

They also tend to be the kind of cunts who play really boring characters because they hate anything that even resembles imagination, out of fear that going beyond the dullest templates they've outlined in their minds may someone connect their character with some anime series. And, instead of being quiet, they bitch and moan about everyone else's character for being more interesting than their own.

In my experience most bad dms hate anime while bad players love it

You do not have to like rap as a genre but setting up that there is a good - bad scale of music requires you to acknowledge that if you claim existance of bad rap music there must be good rap music.

Then you have defeated him. Make him submit to you.

This The teenage animefag player can be pretty cringey, but generally I find those who obsessive hate anime to be even less bearable. They're the most likely to complain about everything being faggy unless the campaign is gritty low-fantasy, all-humans party simulator.

Sounds like your trip to Flavortown is over.

What if it's a Japanese fantasy game?

youtube.com/watch?v=WT5otucTGW4

youtube.com/watch?v=4kjeWGQ175g

youtube.com/watch?v=M-i6tnkxWX0

youtube.com/watch?v=pwHuEDCM7xs

youtube.com/watch?v=mAH7CLUmvhE

Tbh country and rap are only good if you mix them together, otherwise they're unlistenable garbage.

This. So much this.

>immortal technique
t. whitey

t. kid rock

I don't hate anime, but it's not really my cup of tea. Making fun of ultra-weebs is fun though.

Well I want you to know you really hurt my feelings and you're not my friend anymore.

Even people who like anime make fun of ultra-weebs. It's important to not get confused and to pretend that liking anime makes you an ultra-weeb.

And a few country samples to go with the rap samples.

Good stuff exists. It just can't exist on modern radio. But we have the internet, and there's no reason you can't find some of the greatest pieces of music within their genres.

youtube.com/watch?v=OmOe27SJ3Yc

youtube.com/watch?v=Dgh6fDayDTI

youtube.com/watch?v=jIfu2A0ezq0

youtube.com/watch?v=4WXYjm74WFI

youtube.com/watch?v=1vrEljMfXYo

youtube.com/watch?v=yQIJuu3N5EY

youtube.com/watch?v=LRyrWN-fftE

>Why would you dislike country AND rap? What's the relationship?
Unshared cultural heritage.

>but I had to admit, some of this country shit had a beat to it, Amos Moses wasn't a bad song at all, reminded me a little about raps about hardass niggas getting one over on the law.

>it has no place in fantasy

Zozzle.

Flat and Scruggs is bluegrass though.

I don't think he even knows what anime is.

Bluegrass has fallen under the purview of country/western since the 60's.

Am I allowed to play this music when fighting pirates? youtube.com/watch?v=5_nYgeYc90g

That's stupid. Does that mean all folk music is now automatically country music? Is all Hip-Hop and R&B now automatically rap?

Thank you Veeky Forums.

It's nice to know other miserable fucks are out there that hate the same shit I do.

But if there are X many miserable-fucks. Then you are no longer miserable-fucks, you are your own group of individuals with your own tastes. That just happens to hates the shit out of that other group fucking up your fun with their shitty version.

Country is music inspired by folk/roots music in the USA, particular the US Southeast, PARTICULARLY Appalachian folk music. So absolutely.

Almost all associated acts from the third generation of country onward, including Scruggs did conventional country/western and gospel in their time, too.

Don't kid yourself. The worst players are still the terrible animefaggots.

That's not to mean "anybody who happens to watch anime"; you can discriminate by when and in what company they're willing to bring it up. The lowest powerlevels are the ones that wave it around the most obnoxiously.

Yes. The one with spiked soles. Slowly.

Anime, or background video game music at a low volume I can understand, as long as the anime/video game isn't too well known so it distracts the players.

Dungeon Synth is fine too, but I'm the only one in my circle who's actually into it.

The real cancer, imo, are the ones who play Power Metal or some guitar heavy shit, as if rolling dice was something fucking epic. Jesus that's fucking annoying.

THIS

It's not the hate of anime as a genre

It's the reaction images and artstyle forced onto fantasy elements which often doesn't fit.

Talking about the dark elder gods brings about a mood which a animu girl just destroys.

Capeshit fags, people who've only watched GoT, actual SJWs, and your standard issue grognard are all equally bad, if not worse.

what the fuck is this? it sounds like corrupted MP3 files

youtube.com/watch?v=-1sbZ66UMqc

>Spend an entire week setting up a playlist for each session
>Broadcast it on our Chromecast because it's easy to manage
>Start describing this cool battle part for a couple of the players, ignore music for a minute and let the last song loop since this is more important
>One of the players puts Mass Effect/XCOM music on top of it that barely even fits with the mood

grate bate mait

If it sounds like something that would fit Japanese fantasy, thats fine. I'm not the OP but in high school after recommending some background music, our DM insisted on playing his animu opening themes, complete with Japanese lyrics and a complete lack of tonal or thematic relation to anything going on in the game.

A majority of fa/tg/uys cross post on /a/. Although the poll I learned this from is a bit old so maybe some newfags are fucking up my judgement.

I don't dislike anime at all. I'm pretty sure the OP is just projecting really hard.

I've heard some pretty decent tracks in some shows. But I don't watch too much.

anime if fine with me. But don't try and insert anime things into D&D, unless your campaign is literally supposed to be anime-style, or it otherwise actually fits. A lot of people try to force their interests into places where it doesn't fit. I don't want to listen to the Evangelion opening theme while I'm engage in a gruesome battle with orcs.

>implying that something like this youtube.com/watch?v=c0N8NpwHJyw isn't a perfect fit for killing some greenskins